Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Furnok Dorn posted:

thats the guy who made the attack helicopter 'joke' and demanded everyone apologize to him

He’s the guy who openly posted transphobia in goonwaffe corp mail. Not a transphobic joke, he was whinging about wokeness with a actual link to daily telegraph video where a woman gaslights and says my trans friends were not dead because of China’s existence or some such Nazi bollocks. Then he came in here doubling down on me with even more racism and transphobia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
Can't wait for another full day of this.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Hitch posted:

Hard for me to say much given my lovely and infrequent posting but I am shocked that he identified so strongly with SA and all else was pubby trash when he had so few posts.

Identified with goons, not SA. We were useful, and until karmafleet happened we were the bulk of the CFC's numbers, and afterwards everyone knew the CFC/Imperium as "goons" and it'd have been pretty hard to change up that culture and outward appearance after so many years

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.

Hitch posted:

Numismancer only had 963 posts?

Hard for me to say much given my lovely and infrequent posting but I am shocked that he identified so strongly with SA and all else was pubby trash when he had so few posts.

usually in a goon group the dudes who are all "TRUE GOON IDENTITY" are the ones that have gently caress-all contact with the forums so this tracks (c.f. the garbage Goonswarm that Goosefleet split from in phone EVE)

Rojo_Sombrero
May 8, 2006
I ebayed my EQ account and all I got was an SA account
While I don't have access to the Delta discord server. I at NOFU will move your stuff. Normally I wouldn't but these are unique circumstances. If you do have access to the Delta discord. Pass on the website to them.

https://www.northernfreightunlimited.com

As a side note I would like to apologize to anyone from Delta for my joke earlier this week. At the time I had no idea of the meltdown occuring. And I had meant it as joke. Please accept my sincerest apologies.

Edited to refer to myself and not my fellow pilots.

Rojo_Sombrero fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Jul 15, 2022

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

learnincurve posted:

No really the Goon CSM rep innominate is a TERF

He has sat on reports of open transphobia in goonwaffe for 7 months, and we know he was reading the same guy triple down with even more gaslighting, transphobia, and racism in this thread.

No he's not.

He's not a feminist.

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

Good Dumplings posted:

usually in a goon group the dudes who are all "TRUE GOON IDENTITY" are the ones that have gently caress-all contact with the forums so this tracks (c.f. the garbage Goonswarm that Goosefleet split from in phone EVE)

I used to roll my eyes pretty hard at that stuff but I gotta say that seeing the Goonwaffe/non-GW split in sentiment is kind of pulling me back the other way now

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

learnincurve posted:

No that’s the transphobic director

Yogizh isn't a director, just works for GSOL

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

raminasi posted:

I used to roll my eyes pretty hard at that stuff but I gotta say that seeing the Goonwaffe/non-GW split in sentiment is kind of pulling me back the other way now

nah those guys were largely pretty dumb

most people just want to play video games with people who post like (i.e. as badly) as them and are slightly less likely to be huge chuds than the rest of the pubbie masses, anyone who was pushing a "No True Goon" narrative had a space-bridge to sell you

Furnok Dorn
Mar 30, 2004
SOCIALLY WORTHLESS SHUT-IN NERD

learnincurve posted:

He’s the guy who openly posted transphobia in goonwaffe corp mail. Not a transphobic joke, he was whinging about wokeness with a actual link to daily telegraph video where a woman gaslights and says my trans friends were not dead because of China’s existence or some such Nazi bollocks. Then he came in here doubling down on me with even more racism and transphobia.

ya that too, i just was referencing the clown show he posted here

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

CainFortea posted:

No he's not.

He's not a feminist.

He’s a trans exclusionary radical fuckwad to use exactly the right words, knowingly sitting on this is excluding trans women by definition.

Dude can spend hundreds of hours drinking and playing on live streams with his pals over the last 7 months but he can’t send out a simple “shut the gently caress up or next time you get airlocked” eve mail? Do me a favour.

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

TheWeedNumber posted:

i couldn't imagine doing that to cats. I got a street rescue a friend of mine brought to me a few years ago, poor thing was eating moths on the mean streets of far rockaway, NY and had his eye all swollen up and poo poo. Now he's a happy fat kitty who claws at me for attention whenever im on the computer. Named him biggie after biggie smalls, no troll

Now I just love you more.

But nobody normal would do that. There's a word for the sort of people who would look at their pet and see only a handy object with which to inflict further pain on someone they'd already wronged.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

learnincurve posted:

He’s a trans exclusionary radical fuckwad to use exactly the right words, knowingly sitting on this is excluding trans women by definition.

Dude can spend hundreds of hours drinking and playing on live streams with his pals over the last 7 months but he can’t send out a simple “shut the gently caress up or next time you get airlocked” eve mail? Do me a favour.

I was making a joke since terf is trans exclusionary radical feminist and I said "no he's not" setting up the denial of your claim. Then I clarify by pointing out he's not a feminist and therefore both a feminist and a transphobe thus the joke.

spazzhole
Aug 2, 2003

Dear Sandy,

Ever since that day I hit you, I've felt like we haven't been as close.

Endie posted:

Now I just love you more.

But nobody normal would do that. There's a word for the sort of people who would look at their pet and see only a handy object with which to inflict further pain on someone they'd already wronged.

Yo Endie, it's HVAC

Just popping in to say thanks to you and Blawrf for sticking your necks out for me all those years ago when Sion was itching to kick me out of the alliance. I've always appreciated it, and lowkey still feel guilt that I stayed after you guys left the way you did.

DaiTengu
Feb 26, 2007

Not until I've had my second pot of coffee.
Nap Ghost

spazzhole posted:

Yo Endie, it's HVAC

Just popping in to say thanks to you and Blawrf for sticking your necks out for me all those years ago when Sion was itching to kick me out of the alliance. I've always appreciated it, and lowkey still feel guilt that I stayed after you guys left the way you did.

If there's anything to come out of this thread, it's the warm fuzzy feelings I get from people thanking others for poo poo that happened a decade ago. :glomp:

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

DerekSmartymans posted:

I’m not belittling or dismissing anyone’s complaints or defenses, but have there been any Eve posts from page 44-85? I am still new enough that everyone is nice to me, and all of the discussions from like page 7 on haven’t been anything I understand as far as history because I just joined GSF and don’t know anything first hand. I am not saying anyone is right or wrong or there is/isn’t action needed, just that after around page 30 my eyes kept wandering because I’m new, and when I received my phone this morning there were almost 50 pages of new posts and I’m having trouble keeping up with stuff with which I have no history or context.

I just didn’t want to miss 20 posts of stuff I needed to read from 2000 posts to skim through, which from like page 30something to 43ish was interpersonal stuff from before my time and understanding as pertains to GoonFleet. I just don’t want to butt in with hot takes that I don’t even understand in context, because that’s not helpful to anyone and I don’t want to alienate any friends or potential cool folks Kramering in to the middle of stuff.

I was on yesterday for a while and I clone-jumped to 1DQ where I have a couple of Probes fit with a prototype cloak + mwd, and have been practicing the warp trick from videos on YouTube. I want to git gud at exploration and maybe even scouting on fleets! Seems like a way to play more often, because sometimes I’m needed immediately irl at home and being able to “stealth” in an out-of-the-way spot without notice but not logging off has always been a helpful and low stress way to play MMOs for me! If I’m ruining my learning with the wrong cloak or techniques(I don’t want to waste “practice time” in a bad fit but don’t want to die in a 200,000,000isk blops ship I don’t understand!), I’d really appreciate a heads up!

I hope, again, nobody takes this as belittling or trivializing issues, but after 15 pages I don’t comprehend, I’ll just wait to see actions and a summary here or on the official forum.

There’s only really eve posts in here during big wars, after that it’s all boiled ribs and drama chat.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

amishjosh posted:

Which is the one with overly sweaty feet that causes them to fall fistfirst into women?

Gonna assume mittens wasn't content merely abandoning his wife to Russian spies. Generally that type of guy gets up to a lot more.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

in some ways I'll always remember Mittens as the deeply tragic character who would PM me to ask if I, being the rich and good with money superfriend, would help him plan out his IRL finances so he could escape the D.C. lawyer life he so hated to live on a houseboat in Panama. but also, in other ways, now I think maybe he just wanted to gently caress kids.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Zodium posted:

in some ways I'll always remember Mittens as the deeply tragic character who would PM me to ask if I, being the rich and good with money superfriend, would help him plan out his IRL finances so he could escape the D.C. lawyer life he so hated to live on a houseboat in Panama. but also, in other ways, now I think maybe he just wanted to gently caress kids.

hot drat wtf

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

it was really pathetic, in no small part because he was well aware that the rich and good with money superfriend was themselves a child. :nsa:

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

CainFortea posted:

I was making a joke since terf is trans exclusionary radical feminist and I said "no he's not" setting up the denial of your claim. Then I clarify by pointing out he's not a feminist and therefore both a feminist and a transphobe thus the joke.

I was using your post to bang on about this even more for the people late to the party :)

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Of the few conversations I had with the guy outside of Eve, he was indeed planning on abandoning his lawyer life and living on a yacht/houseboat. He mentioned it on at least two occasions that I recall. Never said anything overtly skeevy about kids though (at least to me).

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

Zodium posted:

:drat: that gunshot at the end.

Billy BobJ
Jul 13, 2022

Carth Dookie posted:

^

All of that, yes, but at least it happened at all.

edit2: makes me wonder if that was a Mittani decision or a Karmafleet decision.

Notionally who is in charge of Karma anyway?

merkelchen

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Frank Frank posted:

Of the few conversations I had with the guy outside of Eve, he was indeed planning on abandoning his lawyer life and living on a yacht/houseboat. He mentioned it on at least two occasions that I recall. Never said anything overtly skeevy about kids though (at least to me).

he was incredibly enamored with the idea of living on a dumbass houseboat in a canal or some poo poo but yeah for all his weirdness I never got any hint of him wanting to diddle kids

goninzo
Aug 26, 2009

All around decent avatar

dabigredboat posted:

I do see plenty of people I haven't hung out with in a long time. Arkhamina, Daitengu, Frabba, Kismeteer and others that I have been to meetups with, so nice to see them still around.

Some of us still get together and hang out. I thought Ark's opinion on how 'women are treated in eve' was particularly important. but the midwest is somewhat small. Glad to see you're still playing the game as well, always good to see old school faces in space.

Though it is sometimes hard because people gave accounts away. I convoed a very old school player, turns out it was just someone else random.

Still like the game, though I'm down to 2 accounts from 3 due to the pricing changes.

edit: Nevermind, account given away, sad.

goninzo fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Jul 14, 2022

Keisari
May 24, 2011

Zodium posted:

it was really pathetic, in no small part because he was well aware that the rich and good with money superfriend was themselves a child. :nsa:

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

he was incredibly enamored with the idea of living on a dumbass houseboat in a canal or some poo poo but yeah for all his weirdness I never got any hint of him wanting to diddle kids

Uh, did I miss a post? Can someone clarify?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Keisari posted:

Uh, did I miss a post? Can someone clarify?

Zodium posted:

DaiTengu
Feb 26, 2007

Not until I've had my second pot of coffee.
Nap Ghost

Frank Frank posted:

He wouldn't stop talking living on a boat for years. I'm guessing the whole kid-thing is probably just assumed after spending all this time trying to sweep Xenuria's poo poo under the rug.

Also, it seems like a lot of child predators live on boats or private islands.

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

spazzhole posted:

Yo Endie, it's HVAC

You were worth it, friend.

And I know it can be hard to leave a group that you've invested so much time in and where so many friends are, and seeing the vitriol and smears pointed at Blawrf and I will have made others shut up and stay put. I had a friend who would link me all the daily hateposts on reddit with outraged comments and although she meant well I just wanted to tell her to let me ignore them. It made waking up in the morning and wondering what the bullshit attack line of the day was a bit like remembering I had an operation that day, every day. The hard thing was the people in illum - some posting in this thread this week - who were pinging me saying "hey I hate what they're doing and I want you to know that," but who nonetheless stayed and did their spacejobs. I kept their secrets, though, because who else was going to volunteer to be Emmanuel Goldstein?

Mind you it was worth it to see Jeffraider posting circles around poor, dumb, horribly-misled Sion.

Endie fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Jul 14, 2022

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Endie posted:

You were worth it, friend.

And I know it can be hard to leave a group that you've invested so much time in and where so many friends are, and seeing the vitriol and smears pointed at Blawrf and I will have made others shut up and stay put. I had a friend who would link me all the daily hateposts on reddit with outraged comments and although she meant well I just wanted to tell her to let me ignore them. It made waking up in the morning and wondering what the bullshit attack line of the day was a bit like remembering I had an operation that day, every day. The hard things was the people in illum - some posting in this thread this week - who were pinging me saying "hey I hate what they're doing and I want you to know that," but who nonetheless stayed and did their spacejobs. I kept their secrets, though, because who else was going to volunteer to be Emmanuel Goldstein?

Mind you it was worth it to see Jeffraider posting circles around poor, dumb, horribly-misled Sion.

*inhales deeply* JEFFRAIDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keisari
May 24, 2011

Ok so that was the post as I thought.

Did he talk about wanting to gently caress 16 year olds or has there been a story? Because up to this point if I am correct he's been accused of protecting a predator or something like that but haven't read anything direct yet. (EDIT: Direct as in, directly doing stuff himself.)

Granted haven't and can't read every single post in this lightspeed moving thread

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007
I think Zodium was saying it because Mittens had been going to him, a literal child at the time, about it and implying Mittens had creepy reasons for doing so.

That was my read on it.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

An adult shouldn't be going to someone underaged to be asking for financial advice. You don't do this because it makes it seem like you might make you look like a groomer or at the very least someone trying to potentially take advantage of a child.

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

Keisari posted:

Ok so that was the post as I thought.

Did he talk about wanting to gently caress 16 year olds or has there been a story? Because up to this point if I am correct he's been accused of protecting a predator or something like that but haven't read anything direct yet. (EDIT: Direct as in, directly doing stuff himself.)

Granted haven't and can't read every single post in this lightspeed moving thread

Nah there haven't been any specific allegations like that. It's just being speculated about based on (protecting a child predator) + (being a sex pest) + (wanting to live on a boat) + (being willing to manipulate young people on the internet to get stuff he wants).

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

I am just straight up getting John McAfee vibes.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Sickening posted:

I am just straight up getting John McAfee vibes.

is that dude still alive?

CheechLizard
Jul 1, 2000

It stays at 50%, goy!
When is the next round of voting for New Eden's Next Top Fuckup

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

TheWeedNumber posted:

He killed himself when it seemed like he was finally going to jail for realsies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

TheWeedNumber posted:

He's getting pooped on by jesus in heaven now