Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which House?
Black Eagles
Blue Lions
Golden Deer
View Results

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
now you have to recursively edit that image onto the wall in the image

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Blaziken386 posted:

my moral values are that i like it when lesbians are the protagonists

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

remember the "dimitri kills women. not just kills but murders" copypasta?? good times

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Is there a copypasta or is that just a single dumb tweet that you've basically already quoted?

Is it a copypasta if it is only two sentences?

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

Hellioning posted:

Is there a copypasta or is that just a single dumb tweet that you've basically already quoted?

Is it a copypasta if it is only two sentences?

its a longer tweet but i only ever remember the first two sentences

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

Booky posted:

its a longer tweet but i only ever remember the first two sentences

Here you go

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

lmao

i thinnkkk that op then made like, 2 more follow up tweets under that one but its been like 3 years and idk if those were as Big

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
they're not wrong

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I mean you can protect lesbians by murdering women. Sometimes women hurt lesbians.

In fact you could reasonably argue the main conflict in this game is two sapphics hurting each other.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

I don’t understand why wanting to make delicious food with my friends means I hate women

https://twitter.com/fatapple03/status/1304620872007708672?s=21&t=rsHK2Sww1za6zk6JfZVKZg

https://twitter.com/enlightningbugs/status/1346290046748528640?s=21&t=rsHK2Sww1za6zk6JfZVKZg

DC Murderverse fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Jul 14, 2022

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Ingrid is good because she would like to eat everything I can relate.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I like Sylvain because he's a good mounted unit.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Hellioning posted:

I mean you can protect lesbians by murdering women. Sometimes women hurt lesbians.

In fact you could reasonably argue the main conflict in this game is two sapphics hurting each other.

I mean maybe.

But man definitely doesn't do anything to protect lesbians.

Also his entire campaign is about killing a bisexual woman.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

he protects lesbians when he has dedue tank for mercedes and annette.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Natural 20 posted:

I mean maybe.

But man definitely doesn't do anything to protect lesbians.

Also his entire campaign is about killing a bisexual woman.
since when has what "really" happens in a story been an obstacle to people's headcanons

just let them have it, who cares. that's the really funny part about the tweet

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

It's the "not just kills. but murders" part that is funny there imo

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009
drat basing a whole campaign around killing a bisexual woman and pretending like that will solve all of the world's ills??? That's incredibly hosed up!!!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

edelgard doesnt particularly want to kill rhea specifically its the church and the crests that are her problem

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Rhea is also a lesbian. Life's hard when two lesbians are in a war.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

This is possibly the stupidest discussion this thread has ever had and that's saying a lot

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Endorph posted:

edelgard doesnt particularly want to kill rhea specifically its the church and the crests that are her problem

Honestly the both of them share a lot of stuff, including the "family horribly murdered by Agarthan machinations" and "obsessed with Byleth".

I'd argue if Edelgard knew the full, actual context about Rhea and the Nabateans she'd... still try to topple the Church and the Crest system, but let Rhea live in peace and maybe not steal Nabatean cores?

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009
Good news Rhea discussion no longer has to revolve around one house anymore

*warriors spoilers*

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Honestly the both of them share a lot of stuff, including the "family horribly murdered by Agarthan machinations" and "obsessed with Byleth".

I'd argue if Edelgard knew the full, actual context about Rhea and the Nabateans she'd... still try to topple the Church and the Crest system, but let Rhea live in peace and maybe not steal Nabatean cores?

I mean her goal in CF even is to remove her from power. It's just Rhea would've never surrendered that power. The stealing the Nabetean cores is because she is forced to by Thales, with CF being a careful dance of her trying to maneuver to get out from under their thumb when they'd infested so much of the Empire's power structure. Byleth not just being someone she's into, but having the Sword of the Creator is necessary just to protect her from the Agarthans.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
It was already pretty clear in Houses, but Three Hopes explicitly states that Edelgard has no desire to kill or even hurt Rhea, she just wants to depose her.

In that same scene we also find out that Claude is baffled at this, because he is totally planning to kill Rhea dead as soon as he gets the chance. Edelgard is the only major faction head who doesn't want to kill a bisexual lady. :smuggo:

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Gotta love that the developers were so dissappointed in not making Claude do any actual schemes in Three Houses that they amped it up in Three Hopes and making him by far the least moral of the lords (killing Rhea and his half brother, staging a couo that turned Leicester into a monarchy, even if an elective one on paper).

I bet he'd be willing to assassinate Edel and Dimitri just so he can take over Fodlan and annex it to Almyra once he ascends to the throne.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Gotta love that the developers were so dissappointed in not making Claude do any actual schemes in Three Houses that they amped it up in Three Hopes and making him by far the least moral of the lords (killing Rhea and his half brother, staging a couo that turned Leicester into a monarchy, even if an elective one on paper).

I bet he'd be willing to assassinate Edel and Dimitri just so he can take over Fodlan and annex it to Almyra once he ascends to the throne.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I like Sylvain because he's a good mounted unit.

that’s fair. I prefer Ferdie though

Whoa. are there any decent plot summaries of Three Hopes

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

tbh i don't think "she wants to keep a bisexual woman locked in her basement on the verge of death" is necessarily great

#Boyboss antics.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

TurnipFritter posted:

tbh i don't think "she wants to keep a bisexual woman locked in her basement on the verge of death" is necessarily great

#Boyboss antics.

if Rhea willingly gave up power I’m sure Edelgard would have let her be an advisor, it fits too well with her whole meritocracy bullshit to dispense with a two thousand year old ruler with invaluable experience at winning people over to your cause even at their own detriment (which is exactly what El was up against with the nobles)

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

indigi posted:

game's good, you should play it

unless you like absolutely cannot stand musous, i guess.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I really don’t like Muslims unfortunately

e: I’m leaving it as a condemnation of iPhone autocorrect

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
I like musous and also Muslims

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

indigi posted:

that’s fair. I prefer Ferdie though

Here's a pretty broad view plot overview

It starts six months before 3 Houses proper when Shez, a kid who was experimented on by the Agarthans and who has an Agarthan in their head, has it wake up during a small merc fight with Byleth. This means they don't die and also wakes Sothis up early. Following this is a bunch of knock-on effects where Shez starts following Byleth for revenge and ends up running into the Lords during Edelgard's ill-timed attack instead of Byleth.

Then the White Clouds equivalent has them join as a student (Jeritza stays as the 3rd house Professor). Its also cut short to only a few weeks as Shez's appearance ends up spurring an early rescue effort for Monica and unveiling of Thales which leads to the officer academy closing after only a few weeks and everyone going home. Edelgard then starts the war two years later without the support of the Slitherers.

Then it starts branching by route

Azure Gleam
All the Lions mostly got over their interpersonal problems. The Kingdom is wracked by internal strife and only someone with Dimitri's crest has a shot in hell of holding it together. Success against the Empire eventually lets the Slitherers capture Edelgard and break her mind so she's basically a child. Ends with killing Edelgard but the war is still on.

Golden Wildfire
Claude schemes a hell of a lot more and gets to deal with Almyran intrigue (including the aforementioned Leicester Coup and killing his half brother). Plays the Kingdom vs the Empire a whole bunch to come out on top. Allies with the Empire but ends up doing some sick schemes where he kills a bunch of them through deliberate incompetence to weaken them. Hates the poo poo out of Rhea and she ends up as the final boss on this route.

Scarlet Blaze
Started the war two years later without a surprise attack or Slitherer support so it ends up going much worse initially than it did in 3 Houses. After bouncing between the Kingdom and Alliance for a while Edelgard manages to make an actual alliance with Claude though neither really trust the other. Manages to take out most of the kingdom and notably works together with Rhea against Thales (Rhea and Thales end up killing each other). Also has the only divergence if you recruit Byleth or not because if you don't Claude tries to backstab Edelgard in the final chapter.

Meanwhile on all routes Sothis waking up early to fight an Agarthan has made her a hell of a lot more angry than she was in Houses and she repeatedly takes control of Byleth when Shez shows up. Byleth is... not pleased with this and its causing some serious damage to their body. Eventually you have the big choice to recruit Byleth and Jeralt or not which has Shez either accept the fact that they were just mercenaries doing their job when they killed Shez's squad or listen to Arval the Agarthan in their head who's been creepily saying 'kill Sothis' the entire game. If you don't kill Jeralt they both join. If you do, Byleth willingly hands control over to Sothis in their despair and they try incredibly hard to murder Shez.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

I'm still mad it wasn't a bad timetravel fanfiction plot

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

lunar detritus posted:

I'm still mad it wasn't a bad timetravel fanfiction plot

Would've been more fun. Honestly my biggest complaint about the story is how it handles Arval. They are so absent for so much, its a big shame when they could've really played up the betrayal. Hell making Epimenides a weird other entity instead of just having it be Arval with their memory back would've been better. If you had Arval around so you actually developed a relationship with them and then have them go Just According to Keikaku when you recover their memories for them would've been great.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I feel like that summary oversells one particular point: Claude schemes once to deliberately gently caress up and let his imperial allies die; which causes everyone to yell at him and winds up with Fleche hiring Jeralt and Byleth to assassinate him, potentially causing Judith to die in his stead. He spends some time reevaluating and being a lot more up front with the Deer, culminating in them having the opportunity to betray Edelgard and cripple the Empire, which is an option he immediately dismisses because of how badly he got burned abandoning a relative nobody like Randolph previously. You influence him to be more forthcoming and less starkly utilitarian, unfortunately, but it does come with the upside that he manages to talk Dimitri into abandoning Rhea.

E: He does pull off a little more than one scheme per chapter, so he's got that going for him.

Zulily Zoetrope fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Jul 14, 2022

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Zore posted:

Here's a pretty broad view plot overview

oh wow so it’s a full parallel timeline rather than a divergence during White Clouds. interesting. thanks. that sounds pretty cool, any interesting new character beats or endings?

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

indigi posted:

oh wow so it’s a full parallel timeline rather than a divergence during White Clouds. interesting. thanks. that sounds pretty cool, any interesting new character beats or endings?

Hubert went from 10/10 to 11/10. They really did him good. Also Petra levels up in badass, she owns so much. Also more Coco and Hapi which owns.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
All the Ashen Wolves get amazing supports and are pretty fun to play as. You get them for every route as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Eimi posted:

Also Petra levels up in badass

wtf how is that possible