Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Anyone goin to RiotFest? I think I'm going for Friday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

camoseven posted:

Anyone goin to RiotFest? I think I'm going for Friday

I bought this ticket, woooo!

Also La Dispute is going on tour

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Drink it up and hunker down
The new Alexisonfire album is decent. Definitely not their best, but there are for sure a few songs I'll come back to.

Enoch Root
Aug 28, 2007

angrygodofjebus posted:

The new Alexisonfire album is decent. Definitely not their best, but there are for sure a few songs I'll come back to.

Yeah I liked it well enough, definitely triggered some fond memories of becoming an adult in southern ontario in the mid to late aughts.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

angrygodofjebus posted:

I could see it being played in its entirety at some small craft brewery tap room with like, 15 people in it all having a quiet lazy afternoon

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
Any UK heads go to Outbreak? Had a sick time, even enjoyed Turnstile who I think are mostly awful on record.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

I was just looking up Touché Amoré's Twitter for their set time tonight and their description is 'Too-Shay A-More-Ay'.

Now, I always used to assume that's how it was pronounced, but I swear when I've seen them it's always been 'Hi, we're Too-Shay A-more'.

So, how do YOU pronounce Touché Amoré?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The accent on the e tells you it's "a moray."

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.
When a windmill hits your eye
From some camo shorts guy
That's touche amore

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Kingo Ligma posted:

When a windmill hits your eye
From some camo shorts guy
That's touche amore

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Toots Ay-Mer

(Obviously)

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Anyone fuckin’ with the new Coheed album that just came out? Nothing has really hit the highs of their Ring in Return//Devil in Jersey City days but I do enjoy giving them a half dozen listens and adding one or two more songs to my “ULTIMATE GAMING COHEED” playlist.

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL

Framboise posted:

God drat it, right after I start getting really into DGD.

I REALLY wish artists I like can stop ending up being sexual abusers.
I think I was the last goon to post about them itt.

Fiance and I discovered and got really into DGD at the start of the pandemic and it really helped us get through it. We've now seen them live 3 times in the last 18 months.

Easily our favorite band, and we were looking forward to the new album coming out in July.

After we heard the Tillian sex pest news we've stopped listening to them entirely and it's just a bummer when one of their songs pops up on a shuffle.

Different style, but we kinda replaced DGD with Don Broco, but they don't have the same depth of discography to jump into.

hardcoremark
May 6, 2009

th3t00t posted:

I think I was the last goon to post about them itt.

Fiance and I discovered and got really into DGD at the start of the pandemic and it really helped us get through it. We've now seen them live 3 times in the last 18 months.

Easily our favorite band, and we were looking forward to the new album coming out in July.

After we heard the Tillian sex pest news we've stopped listening to them entirely and it's just a bummer when one of their songs pops up on a shuffle.

Different style, but we kinda replaced DGD with Don Broco, but they don't have the same depth of discography to jump into.

Yeah, the singer from Don Broco is an abuser too. Buried the girl making the allegations under legal fees.

https://www.loudersound.com/news/don-brocos-rob-damiani-refutes-allegations-of-sexual-misconduct

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Wrong thread

Hot Diggity! fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Jul 5, 2022

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I’ve successfully compartmentalized “your favorite weapon” by Brand New & “Downtown Battle Mountain” by DGD with the rationale of “well these were certainly recorded years before the abuse even started” and it’s dark & cynical but it works if those songs are important to your internal rhythms and you can’t say good bye to them, try that.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Bust Rodd posted:

I’ve successfully compartmentalized “your favorite weapon” by Brand New & “Downtown Battle Mountain” by DGD with the rationale of “well these were certainly recorded years before the abuse even started” and it’s dark & cynical but it works if those songs are important to your internal rhythms and you can’t say good bye to them, try that.

Yea Your Favorite Weapon definitely seems like it was written by someone who had normal and healthy relationships with women.

Jesse posted:

And even if her plane crashes tonight
She'll find some way to disappoint me
By not burning in the wreckage
Or drowning at the bottom of the sea

Ah well, nevertheless.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Woah, Armor for Sleep is back!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrOpydSX_mg

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
I wouldn't say I loooove Armor for Sleep, but I definitely listened to them a bunch. Car Underwater is a bop for sure.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Dream to Make Believe is a fantastic album but I could be biased because I lived in the new town over when they were blowing up and the local show nostalgia is real.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XT_2gUZviqU

They had several jams, including this one.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Oh this one's an all-timer from that generation. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oifcJyZRlZ0

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

TIHC is going on but gently caress Joe and absolutely gently caress Life’s Question(what a dumb name)

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

LQ is the one with the singer who sent all that awful poo poo to his girlfriend that got posted on Reddit right? Although it wouldn’t surprise me if there were more bands with rear end in a top hat issues at TIHC playing than not. As you said, gently caress Joe.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

He also broke some girls arm at a show a few months ago

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Omg your Severance gang tag owns

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Oof I think that one got past me, horrendous and undoubtedly nothing will come of it.

God Severance is good. Solid band name too, ha.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

EL BROMANCE posted:

LQ is the one with the singer who sent all that awful poo poo to his girlfriend that got posted on Reddit right? Although it wouldn’t surprise me if there were more bands with rear end in a top hat issues at TIHC playing than not. As you said, gently caress Joe.

That was Section H8

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I am unsure where it goes exactly but "Me and Him Call It Us" is probably one of my favorite bands of all time. Anyone else frustrated when they find a band they love and they only made one album almost 20 years ago?

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

He was a H8r boi
She said see ya later boi
He said some really hosed up poo poo

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I am unsure where it goes exactly but "Me and Him Call It Us" is probably one of my favorite bands of all time. Anyone else frustrated when they find a band they love and they only made one album almost 20 years ago?

This is me and Caesura, one album, 15 years ago, 6 tracks, every track is one of my favorite songs ever

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Yeah, I’ve got a few hardcore bands that I’ve been listening to since, like, 2004 because they only ever put out the one album

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Gospel finally released a studio recording of The Magical Volumes of Dark Matter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dw7t66fhHXY

it's a 21 minute banger

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

The song's no banger but holy poo poo I'm glad to see them back. I love Armor for Sleep.

SchwarzeKrieg
Apr 15, 2009
Cassius at Best, some underappreciated local dudes, just released a video (that a friend and I shot!) for the title track of their newest album, Violent Miracles. Really solid stuff if you're into alt-rocky sorta-prog post-hardcore ala Circa Survive or earlier Coheed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kB47qZKBoow

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x24hCS7vY8Y

Gramps
Dec 30, 2006

Buff 4 eva

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man
by the way, un-loving-wound is touring next year

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Whatever happened with those festivals in Vegas that were 2000's nostalgia punk/emo overload? Did they actually happen or what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Whatever happened with those festivals in Vegas that were 2000's nostalgia punk/emo overload? Did they actually happen or what?

They were and continue to be scheduled for October of this year. And appear to be sold out: https://www.whenwewereyoungfestival.com/