Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imDFFyjeZuA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goninzo
Aug 26, 2009

All around decent avatar

Sardonik posted:

Topgoon owned. I didn't play a lot of contemporary eve but the ops with topgoon were the best.

Thank you Bilirubin for saving this for me.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

I remember running Incursions in low sec with goons and it was fun for a while until people started claiming we were "elitist" because we wouldn't let newbies in T1 fitted cruisers join the specifically fit AHAC fleet that had been theory crafted. Inviting randoms into the fleet and flowing their T3 cruisers up was :discourse:

Also never not forgetting DJ snorting wasabi in Amsterdam.

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

ok foe, we all know that hole squid was clearly the peak of eve goodness. sort of only kidding; every eve buddy I have/had was in squid

spazzhole
Aug 2, 2003

Dear Sandy,

Ever since that day I hit you, I've felt like we haven't been as close.

Mekchu posted:

I hope HVAC, Rhymenoserous (who i think was in Top Goon when I was in it, or not i forget your EVE name but I wanna say it was SmilingVagrant) and um...Blazing something are all doing well and happy and away from the sexpest pedo-defender

(this is HVAC)

Doing mostly well, I had a pretty lovely 2019 that included my long term partner and I splitting up, my father dying, and being a juror on a pretty well known murder trial. It took a pretty significant hit on my mental health, but I’m doing much better now than I was before.

edit: also special thanks to everyone who supported me and checked in after all that. samahiel and all the rudeass boys on discord, most of the Madison goons, Gonzo, etc. so many people who were in the know and knew I wasn’t doing well.

spazzhole fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Jul 14, 2022

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

goninzo posted:

Thank you Bilirubin for saving this for me.

Those signatures were so good. I forget who made them but :golfclap:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

spazzhole posted:

(this is HVAC)

Doing mostly well, I had a pretty lovely 2019 that included my long term partner and I splitting up, my father dying, and being a juror on a pretty well known murder trial. It took a pretty significant hit on my mental health, but I’m doing much better now than I was before.

(this is hendrick)

that sucks man and i hope you're getting the help you need with the mental health stuff

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Mekchu posted:

I hope HVAC, Rhymenoserous (who i think was in Top Goon when I was in it, or not i forget your EVE name but I wanna say it was SmilingVagrant) and um...Blazing something are all doing well and happy and away from the sexpest pedo-defender

That’s me.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Topgoon bestgoon

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

BigPaddy posted:

It was Sambal Oelek, but yeah. I have a video of it, filmed on a 2012 era potato. Good times. I miss euro goons.

edit:

ChickenWing posted:

Topgoon bestgoon

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

ChickenWing posted:

Topgoon bestgoon

I was not the father of topgoon, but I was the midwife!

Even at the start, when they were one submission for the new squads, I remember the people involved were already being flagged as space-treasonous by an illum faction.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

BigPaddy posted:

I remember running Incursions in low sec with goons and it was fun for a while until people started claiming we were "elitist" because we wouldn't let newbies in T1 fitted cruisers join the specifically fit AHAC fleet that had been theory crafted. Inviting randoms into the fleet and flowing their T3 cruisers up was :discourse:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3j58C8Q4DVU what about cheese

wait why is that age gated wtf

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Endie posted:

Even at the start, when they were one submission for the new squads, I remember the people involved were already being flagged as space-treasonous by an illum faction.

Took them till 2014 to get us. We limped along for another year or so then folded into blackops.

One of my proudest moments in eve was when Konno called me one of the most dangerous people in eve in a small gang scrap.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3j58C8Q4DVU what about cheese

Because it has the word "gently caress" in the title.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

Have to be careful to not take this out of context given current events.

spazzhole
Aug 2, 2003

Dear Sandy,

Ever since that day I hit you, I've felt like we haven't been as close.

Mekchu posted:

(this is hendrick)

that sucks man and i hope you're getting the help you need with the mental health stuff

Yeah, found a good therapist and I’m in a good place right now. A bunch of EVE dudes were in the know before I went public with it and helped me deal with the trauma as I was fully processing all the hosed up poo poo I saw.

You still working in the media? How are you and your brother doing?

Keisari
May 24, 2011

"Took advantage of drunken state"

:dogstare:

schwaboy
Jul 19, 2004
Uncle Nuts

Endie posted:

Men will literally spend seventeen hours orbiting a POS rather than go to therapy.

Endie will forever be my favorite writer.

DeffDredd
Jun 2, 2013

If the moon was made of cheese would you eat it?

Endie posted:

That's a good dad. "Just off to drive a 6,900 mile round trip to retrieve my daughter's dog from the shithead that let her down. See you in [checks google] 114 hours non-stop driving." :unsmith:

I miss you Endie. Never forgot you trying to keep me from getting banned for being young and impressionable

Rojo_Sombrero
May 8, 2006
I ebayed my EQ account and all I got was an SA account

Endie posted:

I think we were all one moment away from being labelled as the new ISRAD. And were looked down upon. My favorite moment was using 6-VDT as midpoint when we deployed to Delve. Watching Test panic as we brought a dozen or more carriers and a rorqual. This was before we reset Test.
I miss you guys but those days are long past. And it does bring a tear to my eye. But I was told Topgoon would never be allowed back. In no uncertain terms despite my efforts.

Nymix
Mar 3, 2013

Long-time lurker here. Just wanted to say that seeing the thread rally like this feels like some kind of Singularity, and despite the hideous circumstances there's a lot of class and integrity on show atm. Good poo poo, carry on. I hope this results in some kind of justice or de-platforms him somewhat but if not, it's nice to see this level of solidarity and some long-lost bridges coming to light.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
lol I got airlocked for calling mittens a sex pest

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

HOLE SQAD

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Stereotype posted:

You will be rewarded in posthalla

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Stereotype posted:

rip

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Rojo_Sombrero posted:

I think we were all one moment away from being labelled as the new ISRAD. And were looked down upon.

I dunno I always thought it was more like we were a pain in the rear end and insular than openly schismatic.

Love 2 extend a war by months by letting test supers escape

E: a detail

goninzo
Aug 26, 2009

All around decent avatar

Nymix posted:

Long-time lurker here. Just wanted to say that seeing the thread rally like this feels like some kind of Singularity, and despite the hideous circumstances there's a lot of class and integrity on show atm. Good poo poo, carry on. I hope this results in some kind of justice or de-platforms him somewhat but if not, it's nice to see this level of solidarity and some long-lost bridges coming to light.

Nothing will happen to leadership. To change the executor corp, someone would have hold an alliance vote and the different corps would have to vote him out of leadership, which is unlikely to happen. Especially when they have voting corps they inserted themselves. The Mittani won't leave voluntarily because he has too much riding on businesses that get the fun tags of 'worthless' to his income. They can't replace some other leadership being called out because it's too much work, the load-bearing comment was spot on there.

Things will continue, they'll make minor changes, CCP is powerless. They apparently purged a bunch of people for different reasons, but it is what it is.

Recently held a poll for my own group, and then it got reposted to the goon comms. There were a remarkable amount of homophobic comments but hey goons being goons.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
I played a lot more eve than anyone should but being in RVCMF was the absolute best of it.

I swore I'd name an island after RVCMF and you better believe I fuckin did it

Keisari
May 24, 2011

Stereotype posted:

:patriot:

In a dm, on elysium or helldump?

Furnok Dorn
Mar 30, 2004
SOCIALLY WORTHLESS SHUT-IN NERD

brokenknee
Aug 3, 2014

:laffo:

Keisari
May 24, 2011

:laffo:

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Stereotype posted:

Rasing my cup of tea to a real one.

Magugu
Mar 30, 2013

I came to drink, fight, and f@ck. And im fresh outta beer, so what will it be?

Bilirubin posted:

what about ships? Presumably this wouldn't work. And would involve logging in

Ships too, and it doesn't necessarily mean you have to log in. If the structure blows up, or gets taken down then your stuff automatically goes to asset safety. The only risk is if for some reason fuel blocks get pulled, or it runs out of fuel and the structure goes abandoned. Then the structure can be blown up and will drop your hanger and you lose your stuff.

It's rare that happens, but it is a greater than 0% chance.

https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Asset_safety You can log in on alpha and push a couple buttons to asset safety your stuff, its pretty painless beyond logging in.

shutupandshave
May 11, 2006
SUAS

goninzo posted:

Nothing will happen to leadership. To change the executor corp, someone would have hold an alliance vote and the different corps would have to vote him out of leadership, which is unlikely to happen. Especially when they have voting corps they inserted themselves. The Mittani won't leave voluntarily because he has too much riding on businesses that get the fun tags of 'worthless' to his income. They can't replace some other leadership being called out because it's too much work, the load-bearing comment was spot on there.

Things will continue, they'll make minor changes, CCP is powerless. They apparently purged a bunch of people for different reasons, but it is what it is.

Recently held a poll for my own group, and then it got reposted to the goon comms. There were a remarkable amount of homophobic comments but hey goons being goons.

Add to that almost everyone with any integrity is now leaving, further concentrating the echo chamber.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

ChickenWing posted:

I dunno I always thought it was more like we were a pain in the rear end and insular than openly schismatic.

Love 2 extend a war by months by letting test supers escape

E: a detail

A big part of that was a meme. Every time they tried a breakout we’d call for help and get none.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

shutupandshave posted:

Add to that almost everyone with any integrity is now leaving, further concentrating the echo chamber.

It's also a talent drain coupled with a huge number of people who would at this point, if the horn of goondor sounded, join the other side.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

The only thing that will, under any circumstances, get me to log in and play again is if Hole Violence is handed over to someone in Delta Sqad, and it goes off to join [PRISM].

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Rojo_Sombrero posted:

But I was told Topgoon would never be allowed back. In no uncertain terms despite my efforts.

I was told I can bring it back whenever I wanted. I just never had that kind of spare time. Not everyone can be Treph, wife firing out another kid every week yet still playing 18 hours a day.