Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

Honestly it all looks really fun, and for me the only real problem at launch will be if it straight up doesn't work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

jokes posted:

Mannfred is gonna be in the trailer when they release Nagash. He’s gonna open some tomb and bow down before Nagash, then hopefully Nagash looks at him and just immediately obliterates him and looks at the camera and says “Instead of Age of Sigmar there will be Age of Nagash” and it cuts to skeleton orcs chopping up chaos, skeleton skaven artillery, and then Nagash popping Archaon’s head off.

When the book sucks, go off book

Mannfred betrays everyone and enables Chaos to win in the end times because he’s a loving idiot

I hope they canonize End Times because people being Very Angry about fictional warhammer characters as if they are real is always funny

Also, Starscream is so much more fun as a vampire character than "he was actually the best at fighting, and the best at magic, and he was a good ruler, everyone loved him, and he hosed, he hosed so much"

That's right I said it. Vlad sucks and is boring. Vlad is Edward Cullen. Mannfred is a hilarious clusterfuck.

Edgar Allen Ho fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Jul 14, 2022

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Gonkish posted:

They do his bidding but they're SUPER sassy about it because being bound by Starscream is just THE WORST.

Also holy poo poo those Tzeentch warriors look dope. I await mods that let me field them on foot. That looks amazing.

Oh yeah, they look absolutely badass. Tzeentch just has the most awesome optics of all the chaos factions.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Is Blood coming with IE? Don't care about the blood itself but I'm hoping the daemon's get some more goofy over the top effects with it

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Also, Starscream is so much more fun as a vampire character than "he was actually the best at fighting, and the best at magic, and he was a good ruler, everyone loved him, and he hosed, he hosed so much"

That's right I said it. Vlad sucks and is boring. Vlad is Edward Cullen. Mannfred is a hilarious clusterfuck.

I prefer to think of Vlad entirely as his Total War incarnation: a vicious vampire lord who is also sharing true wuv with his one and only goth girlfriend. I guess they lean into "He Was #1" a lot more in the books?

Savy Saracen salad
Oct 15, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKo_ar9XeKg

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

jokes posted:

Mannfred is gonna be in the trailer when they release Nagash. He’s gonna open some tomb and bow down before Nagash, then hopefully Nagash looks at him and just immediately obliterates him and looks at the camera and says “Instead of Age of Sigmar there will be Age of Nagash” and it cuts to skeleton orcs chopping up chaos, skeleton skaven artillery, and then Nagash popping Archaon’s head off.
Please PLEASE tell me you work for CA and that this is actually happening.

"Massive patch for a massive game has bugs or some balance issues in the early beta version" should not be news you loving dolt. gently caress off, Legend of Total War.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

whoa, PERFECTLY balanced? shocked to hear Legend of all folks say this! you'd think if anyone could find and exploit imbalances it'd be him. :golfclap:

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I hope they canonize End Times because people being Very Angry about fictional warhammer characters as if they are real is always funny

Guy whos gone off on rants about Storm of Chaos has opinions on guys who rant about End Times, wild poo poo.

Precambrian
Apr 30, 2008

The key aspect of Vlad is his romance with Isabella, but the best part of Vlad was that he agreed to a one on one duel with the Pope and the Pope won by tackling him over the ramparts. When Manfred tried to attack Middenheim after Archaon got chumped, Volkmar offered him the same deal and Mannfred opted to retreat rather than risk himself.

But I think that's also the best aspect of Mannfred—he's this brilliant tactician, powerful sorcerer, etc. who finally got all his ducks in a row and got the various Von Carsteins to stop bickering and unite behind him, he's poised to take advantage of the damage Archaon inflicted to make his own victory, it's all very well thought out and he can totally pull it off. Except that there's one thing that doesn't go according to plan and now there's a 1% chance he might actually risk dying and that's enough to send Mannfred fleeing. He's immortal, he'll get another chance... but if it's anything less than a guarantee, he's too cautious to take it. It's a great weakness for a vampire, imo.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

They upgraded from war ponies.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I like the look of Brettonia entering Lustriadome.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I still think Chaos destroying everything was loving dumb. I feel like even the Chaos gods were like “we won? This sucks”

Here’s hoping they do some extra iterations on IE for a long time and hopefully do something with the End Times but avoid AoS bullshit.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

I see he's still in Worst Enemy mode

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

jokes posted:

I still think Chaos destroying everything was loving dumb. I feel like even the Chaos gods were like “we won? This sucks”

They didn't want to win - at least not the way they did. But Archaon actually loving hates them so he destroyed the world with a World Destroyer spell (I think this is how it went down).

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

From reddit.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Please PLEASE tell me you work for CA and that this is actually happening.

"Massive patch for a massive game has bugs or some balance issues in the early beta version" should not be news you loving dolt. gently caress off, Legend of Total War.

the meme titles and cover art gets the clicks. I used to watch LTW and at this point I can't even listen to them anymore. he does have big posting energy tho

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

fun lore dump video of all the factions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAlrFbf3x0o

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

All this poo poo is amazing but at the same time i gotta ask, why now mother fuckers? Why did you change aspiring champions and chaos ponies now? Why did you wait half a decade to do this? Modders fixed this poo poo already it's not like there was anything stopping CA from doing the same.

Did they not fix WoC because they knew they couldn't sell DLC until game 3 so they just let a faction languish in uselessness. All this is cool but at the same time the 4 chaos lords are right around the corner and now i'm wondering if they're gonna be a paid DLC because apparently they're fine with a core faction be absolute dog poo poo for years but as soon as they can make some money they'll put in the slightest bit of effort.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

All of those awesome qualities of Vlad are balanced by the fact that he lacks a nose. :colbert:

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

kanonvandekempen posted:

It would be nice if they had a meltdown about the recruitment interface, global recruitment means you have to scroll through way too many units to get the ones you want, it's a messy interface.
And when they're at it, make it more clear what some units are good for. When I play woodelves I have no idea about the differences between all the units. Some clarification on what makes a specific regiment of renown better than the regular version wouldn't be bad either.

Isn't the new in game unit details replacing the old lovely web one pretty good now for comparing units and stuff?

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

"Massive patch for a massive game has bugs or some balance issues in the early beta version" should not be news....

Given the terrible state of QC across large swathes of the gaming industry - and CA is absolutely not on the better end of that scale - I'd rather have it pointed out by a community contributor to the public, even one as loud and sensationalistic as Legend, than risk everyone just assuming it'd be caught just because it's still in beta. Particularly since this exact issue absolutely has been in TWW before (likely someone forgetting to add a limit to the number of models in a unit affected by the damage) and HAS gotten into live releases.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Dandywalken posted:

Guy whos gone off on rants about Storm of Chaos has opinions on guys who rant about End Times, wild poo poo.

Storm of Chaos is also loving funny though. It had the fanserviceiest ending imaginable, capped off with Grimgrog's finest hour and rats assassinating the bland Empire protagonist so Karl, Toddy, and Volkmar could stick around- but somehow instead of "that was fun" it became a whole two-decade fanfic saga where GW writers were seething, just seething with rage, that their beloved OC Archaon didn't win. poo poo is funny my dude.

Lt. Lizard posted:

All of those awesome qualities of Vlad are balanced by the fact that he lacks a nose. :colbert:

:clap emoji: bring back Dracula Von Carsteins :colbert:

Edgar Allen Ho fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Jul 14, 2022

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

jokes posted:

They weren't; slaanesh had so much fun they went into a coma, the others high-fived and went off to blow up more worlds

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Arghy posted:

All this poo poo is amazing but at the same time i gotta ask, why now mother fuckers? Why did you change aspiring champions and chaos ponies now? Why did you wait half a decade to do this? Modders fixed this poo poo already it's not like there was anything stopping CA from doing the same.

Did they not fix WoC because they knew they couldn't sell DLC until game 3 so they just let a faction languish in uselessness. All this is cool but at the same time the 4 chaos lords are right around the corner and now i'm wondering if they're gonna be a paid DLC because apparently they're fine with a core faction be absolute dog poo poo for years but as soon as they can make some money they'll put in the slightest bit of effort.

Shhhhhhhhh

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Lord Koth posted:

Given the terrible state of QC across large swathes of the gaming industry - and CA is absolutely not on the better end of that scale - I'd rather have it pointed out by a community contributor to the public, even one as loud and sensationalistic as Legend, than risk everyone just assuming it'd be caught just because it's still in beta. Particularly since this exact issue absolutely has been in TWW before (likely someone forgetting to add a limit to the number of models in a unit affected by the damage) and HAS gotten into live releases.
Oh absolutely, but LoTW seems to be, uh, being a dick about it. I'm not exactly happy with CA's QC either but if I was a youtube personality I wouldnt be putting CA on blast about it when its not even released to the public yet. Like... based on the other stuff he's said before he even has a way to tell them, so him releasing a video about it is just sensationalizing the problem, like he's trying to make CA look bad.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Arghy posted:

I get what you're saying Arg, but the faction overhauls always come out for free alongiade the paid DLC. Beastmen, Wood Elves, Greenskins, the Empire, Dwarves, smaller ones like Vampires and Bretonnia, they all got free updates to the way they play. It seems to be the same with the Warriors?

Aside from the obvious upfront cost of owning Warhammer 1 and the Warriors of Chaos, though if you buy the DLC you don't need those to access any new lords added. Doubly so if they're free (which Belakor seems to be so no purchase necessary to access Warriors at all actually)

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.

Arghy posted:

Because developers don't have infinite time, nor money. They have to prioritize, and honestly it makes sense from a business perspective to prioritize the guys you're also trying to sell more stuff for at the same time. It's easy to say "modders did it, must be easy" but even if it's a fast fix that still takes time away from something else. I think it's a fair compromise to see the reworks and upgrades rotate through the older rosters, where any one roster doesn't see much until it's their turn and they get a ton.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Oh absolutely, but LoTW seems to be, uh, being a dick about it. I'm not exactly happy with CA's QC either but if I was a youtube personality I wouldnt be putting CA on blast about it when its not even released to the public yet. Like... based on the other stuff he's said before he even has a way to tell them, so him releasing a video about it is just sensationalizing the problem, like he's trying to make CA look bad.

Careful, you'll get people writing essays defending Legend again. I wish I'd saved the one from the old thread about how he's actually striking a blow for the working classes or something

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Also hi everyone, I'm back in Warhammer threads after taking a long break while I sank my teeth into 3. I love Cathay, enjoy Kislev and can't decide if I like Slaanesh or Tzeentch better

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

So if I'm reading poo poo correctly (still stuck on mobile and cannot binge videos right now), WoC may be getting a mark system? We may see not only Khornate and Tzeentchian warriors, but also Nurglite and Slaaneshi? Someone mentioned "Khornate Norscan Berserkers" and "Khornate Ghorgon" on reddit and I have no loving idea where that came from.

I need to get home and binge watch videos, dammit. gently caress adulting!

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I could see a obscure spell like devolve not being looked at before release.

Eararaldor
Jul 30, 2007
Fanboys, ruining gaming since the 1980's
IE is not even out for another month and a half and the memes are already starting to fly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Q_OQoea-QM

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Honestly numbers/balance bugs like that are generally pretty low priority because (and sometimes this turns out to be a mistake) the assumption on devs parts in my experience is they are a relatively easy fix that will require minimal retesting once supposedly fixed whereas I imagine they have a lot of performance and stability issues that will be a lot more serious as the priority since if they release the beta with stuff like that people will lose their poo poo.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Fair, I just view it as they're not on CA's payroll, so if CA's going to effectively use them as unpaid QA I've no real issue with them making some profit by putting up a video sensationalizing a current problem. It's something CA's absolutely capable of shutting down with the wording of their NDAs if they feel so inclined, so that they don't seems to mean CA doesn't really mind - "no such thing as bad publicity" and all that.

Then again, I'm comparing the whole situation with another company's community contributor program and on the whole it's far healthier here in basically every respect (I'm talking about Wargaming here), even with sensationalistic videos such as that.

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib
What's the problem with the video? I liked watching a hilariously overtuned spell melt through an entire army. I doubt anyone would have complained if someone else had made the exact same video.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0coSxuT5j3U
The major settlements look beautiful--really impressed with bretonian ones.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Staltran posted:

What's the problem with the video? I liked watching a hilariously overtuned spell melt through an entire army. I doubt anyone would have complained if someone else had made the exact same video.

Stuff like this doesn't bother me because I only play single player, but it could be in issue in multiplayer? If not, then this might be a balance issue, but at a pretty low priority. Unless the AI regularly melts your army when you go against them.

I don't mind Legend making this video, even if it's pretty antagonistic towards CA. He is acting as unpaid QA, so he has a right to package his service however he wants. Even if his grudge against CA looks petty to me. If this leads to positive reaction from CA in fixing this before IE's release, all is well. If not, at least it generated clicks for Legend, paying his bills.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Speaking of major settlements, did the latest round of changes make them any better to play since release?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

99pct of germs
Apr 13, 2013

i generally used to enjoy legends content but since 3, he's been such a whiny little poo poo

like i get being mad about how garbage ham 3 was at launch but he's taken it so personally that anytime people bring up IE updates he sneers about it.

also im like 90% sure during one of his fits he swore off ever doing pre-release content for ca lmao