Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shutupandshave
May 11, 2006
SUAS

Furnok Dorn posted:

if you buy some of my Testosterone™ dining room tables i can teach you

They also match with my line of "Power Stance" throw cushions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

IIRC, Mittani kept him around because he thought he had an ability to psychoanalyze people in a way that no one else could.

You're saying the pedophile had a knack for picking up on others' vulnerabilities?

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Some day I will master the secrets of the wall orb

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

IIRC, Mittani kept him around because he thought he had an ability to psychoanalyze people in a way that no one else could. Like, to use a theme-appropriate analogy, he more than likely (in his mind) considered him a Malkavian. (For those who didn't spend their adolescence on pen and paper RPGs, it's the vampire clan that was incurably insane, but prone to eerie fits of otherworldly wisdom. The name of the Elysium chatroom also comes from this same RPG, for reference.)

If you weren’t a Toreador did you really Masquerade???

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

IIRC, Mittani kept him around because he thought he had an ability to psychoanalyze people in a way that no one else could. Like, to use a theme-appropriate analogy, he more than likely (in his mind) considered him a Malkavian. (For those who didn't spend their adolescence on pen and paper RPGs, it's the vampire clan that was incurably insane, but prone to eerie fits of otherworldly wisdom. The name of the Elysium chatroom also comes from this same RPG, for reference.)

Did mittens think he was a malkavian or that xenuria is the malkavian?

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

Kaysette posted:

i might actually join that. i always liked the idea of eve but the gamerword sovwar nullsec thing did nothing for me. exploration and chilling with some decent folks would be a lot of fun.

maybe we can get video games to come back...

Yeah same, delta seems cool and good and I miss the part of eve that wasn't fleet ops and (more recently) pay to win.

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

apparently Xenuria was in the queerswarm discord since july 2020

he's been removed but goddamn that's unfortunate

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
a small gang of 6 Goons having to sheepishly phone the 911 eve rescue line because no one fit a scanner and the exit closed is 100% a thing that's going to happen

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

TheWeedNumber posted:

Atrum I think as a matter of course you need to deep six this OP of yours. Nobody should be conned into joining that sinking ship you’re currently on the deck of. It’s classless, it’s disgusting, and that info needs to be replaced by someone else. There’s probably not even gonna be a eve thread after this bullshit if we’re being honest after this one dies, but I’m sure someone else will pick up the mantle. Or maybe not.

Either way you and your crew of sycophants ain’t got poo poo to do with it anymore. So do the right thing and sanitize that OP of all mention of your imperium. Thank you.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Kaysette posted:

the gamerword sovwar nullsec thing did nothing for me

You don't think that transphobic, white nationalist, misogynistic gamerword sovwar with pedophile-sheltering, cat-murdering victim blamers will do anything for you either?

:smithfrog:

RustySeabutter
Nov 11, 2000

Puncho!

ChickenWing posted:

Does GROON still exist as an in-eve literally-anyone-logging-in-at-any-time entity?

i guess i can log in and accept apps but i swear to god if you all act like a buncha goons

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

hahhaha this completely tracks

Kesper North was my vampire larp character way back when

(house and clan tremere)

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Endie posted:

I got my border collie before I got my SA account and she's currently sleeping off the day's exertions by my feet. She was a major factor in why I decided to leave the city and move to a house in the country, for which I am also grateful.

Mine's half basset but if you think that would have mellowed her out have another think. She's smart, super energetic, and stubborn. With short legs.

She's also 13 now so starting to slow down, finally.

A good girl

brokenknee
Aug 3, 2014

andromache posted:

If you weren’t a Toreador did you really Masquerade???

*angry Brujah noises*

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Yeaaaaah if the op isn't going to edit the first post himself, it needs to be done for him. No one should be funneled into this meatgrinder with its leadership in the state that it's in.

if mods saw fit to ban the guild leader, they ought to see fit to close that gateway until such a time that said guild leader is (very unlikely) deposed.

Potato Salad fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Jul 14, 2022

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
never hurts to ask

Only registered members can see post attachments!

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

timoxa is a good man and CEO of my heart currently

I love tim

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Potato Salad posted:

Well yeah, they joined up to Win At Spaceships

Reducing GSF's pilot count is counterproductive to their goal of Winning At Spaceships

They're going to bury whatever they need to bury to make Number Go Up or at least keep it from going down

No no, not those, I meant the no poo poo your first NPC starter corp corps. The "I just made a character and logged in" ones. That's why I'm so goddamn thrown again today

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

IIRC, Mittani kept him around because he thought he had an ability to psychoanalyze people in a way that no one else could.

I'm mildly shocked so much of this is news to people.

Alex's pa-in-law played and hung out with Theta frequently, he was really a great guy to talk with - one time he was actually logged into Mumble as the Mittani and we managed to confuse the hell out of DBRB. That was before the divorce, and Ark and others tried to help his ex-wife (which sealed her exit from GSOL permanently). I didn't know about the dog and cats but around that point I basically had Alex mentally binned as a person based on the info I knew about the poo poo that had gone down.

Xenuria was always on my poo poo list in Jabber, I never once thought of him as anything but a weirdo. I also have never understood how the hell he hadn't been airlocked a dozen times. I did accept the story how the ED pages had been looked into and Digi or whoever found no supporting evidence. ED is pretty skeevy in my experience so the idea it was just made-up attacks was not that incredible.

I did meet Alex at IceSwarm as a new-minted CD member along with Sion, who was pretty decent, but I'm not the sort of party boy that ended up hanging out with Alex and Co. so I didn't really say more than a few words to him. More time watching the Rick and Morty marathon, frankly. And eating cheese curds.

I'm still unclear what new evidence came up about Xenuria beyond the ED stuff, but really it's icing on the wierdness cake to me.

I stayed in Goonswarm after the the divorce drama that led to Ark going because of friends in Theta, and the people I immediately interacted with like Tuzy and so on, Alex has been basically irrelevant to me - you can play day-to-day and he basically doesn't exist. Plus Toronto Goonmeets were fun at the Granite.

I finally unsubbed a couple month ago, Rust was created June 2003 so at 19 he's in alpha now.

Side notes: thanks to Atrum for helping avoid being purged a couple times for inactivity ("Rust fix your poo poo or I will press the button myself goddamnit").

Powers and Warr for 2011-2012 era MiniLuv - it was insane.

Spacedad Ted and everyone for Theta's Golden age in JU- when we fielded more titans than most alliances. Zungen for baiting stuff we *usually* killed except that one time we don't talk about *cough*.

Holding the ratlines out of Dek for the last JFs out of JU-.

Sending money to Carusio. (Oops.)

Killing that incursion in JU- in like 10 hours when GSOL asked Theta to do so.

Blopsing for months with Zungen, General Disturbed, and co.

None of that involved Mittens, thankfully.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

It's worth spelling this out explicitly:

Right now, the imperium is a more dangerous environment for sexual harassment victims than it was at this time last week. The only changes that have taken place involve policies that more completely silence victims and clampi
down on the ability for their social groups to bring the matter forward.

The guild leader, who has been clarified to be a sexual harasser himself and the kind of person who financially rugpulled his wife utilizing a high-trust power of attorney authority while she was abroad, has clarified that his public positions on sexual harassment and change are pure PR, and that he will continue to see victims as "mentally ill...wounded bird...Amber Heards...who can't find the block button."

Edit the OP. This is an ongoing safety issue. It is not resolved. Action should be taken to seal the door until it seems that the root cause--the guild leader--has been dealt with.

Which, in all likelihood, means never.

Potato Salad fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Jul 14, 2022

brokenknee
Aug 3, 2014

Rust Martialis posted:

Spacedad Ted and everyone for Theta's Golden age in JU- when we fielded more titans than most alliances. Zungen for baiting stuff we *usually* killed except that one time we don't talk about *cough*.

gently caress i miss spacedad ted :smith:

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

PathAsc posted:

No no, not those, I meant the no poo poo your first NPC starter corp corps. The "I just made a character and logged in" ones. That's why I'm so goddamn thrown again today

Given Xenuria's well-documented history of creating shitloads of alternate accounts, it's plausible it's just sock puppeting.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.

Yeah no, you don’t get to suggest a goddamn thing to me anymore. First, I’m glad you appear to be doing better and are in a good enough place you felt comfortable sharing the Rydis story. Sorry that happened to you and I didn’t really like carrying that around.

However, that doesn’t excuse the other what… 2-5 times either Endie or myself went to bat to get you another chance only to have you… what… forget to take your meds, revert to old habits, get mad about a girl or just get mad at spaceships and say “gently caress it I’m burning it all down,” and proceed to goonfuck your way out?

I spent too much time and personal capital trying to get you back in. I’m done with that. There’s nothing to forgive, but I’m not forgetting. Keep on stepping homie, we aren’t bros.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

andromache posted:

Yeah no, you don’t get to suggest a goddamn thing to me anymore. First, I’m glad you appear to be doing better and are in a good enough place you felt comfortable sharing the Rydis story. Sorry that happened to you and I didn’t really like carrying that around.

However, that doesn’t excuse the other what… 2-5 times either Endie or myself went to bat to get you another chance only to have you… what… forget to take your meds, revert to old habits, get mad about a girl or just get mad at spaceships and say “gently caress it I’m burning it all down,” and proceed to goonfuck your way out?

I spent too much time and personal capital trying to get you back in. I’m done with that. There’s nothing to forgive, but I’m not forgetting. Keep on stepping homie, we aren’t bros.

Roger that shitass.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Guy, when asked to offer words and thoughts: "yeah sure, yep, yeah the stuff kind of sucks, drat"

Guy, when asked to offer action: "can't do it, it's too important to fail"

It isn't a very tall ask. According to the strategic geniuses on gf.com right now, removing recruiting from SA would mean absolutely nothing at all.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Potato Salad posted:

Guy, when asked to offer words and thoughts: "yeah sure, yep, yeah the stuff kind of sucks, drat"

Guy, when asked to offer action: "can't do it, it's too important to fail"

facts

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Imo let the OP stand. It’s one of the most well written ones since Endie.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

andromache posted:

However, that doesn’t excuse the other what… 2-5 times either Endie or myself went to bat to get you another chance

It was a regular joke in Theta about which Director would be stupid enough to stand up and beg to get him back in the alliance *this* time, and how long until he flamed out and went fuckgoons *again*.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Rhymenoserous posted:

i think its tasteless to have any mention of the imperium in it. Its good but that poo poo should be SOL, feelings about me aside for past events. I'm just making the suggestion, the suggestion itself should be considered objectively and then acted upon because it makes sense.

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

andromache posted:

Uh, what the gently caress does this have anything to do with him making a frankly very wise suggestion? Who cares about your stupid grudge against him when he's just saying "Hey nix the Goonfleet recruitment ads in the OP when advertising for Goonfleet is the LAST thing we should do"?

If your grudge prevents you from doing the right thing, then maybe set it aside for a moment, and do the right thing.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
I went looking for my old epsilon squad sigs and all I could find were a huge number of seizure-inducing “gently caress SOLODRAKBAN” gifs.

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.

Rust Martialis posted:

Alex's pa-in-law played and hung out with Theta frequently, he was really a great guy to talk with -
Hey Rust

He's still a great guy to talk to, he and I chat every week or two and are actually going to meet up next year. Eve stuff pretty much never comes up, but we did chat about theta and ted, you, zungen, harry's antics and whelping carriers to a wormhole gang and so on about a month ago, which is what led me to peek here again and see the shitshow.

Rust Martialis posted:

Ted is good people, he had absolutely no tolerance for bigots in mumble and would stamp down on it hard and was always there to help newbies.

PST fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Jul 14, 2022

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Kchama posted:

Uh, what the gently caress does this have anything to do with him making a frankly very wise suggestion? Who cares about your stupid grudge against him when he's just saying "Hey nix the Goonfleet recruitment ads in the OP when advertising for Goonfleet is the LAST thing we should do"?

If your grudge prevents you from doing the right thing, then maybe set it aside for a moment, and do the right thing.

if he wants to be a punk motherfucker about old poo poo, let him be a tasteless gently caress. it reflects more on the company man than me the goonfucker

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Rhymenoserous posted:

It can be saved to word and put back if things change. rn a link to domestic abuse charities or the one for Lowtax's kids would be better.

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Frank Frank posted:

I went looking for my old epsilon squad sigs and all I could find were a huge number of seizure-inducing “gently caress SOLODRAKBAN” gifs.

Who was it had the "Jacques Cousteau: NOT a pimp" sig? I loved that one for some weird reason.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Kchama posted:

Lived experience isn't a grudge. Mandozer is a serial abuser of trust. Going "I'm not listening to you again" is just like, a good thing everyone should do.

You don't have to defend him to make the point that the OP should get nuked.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

CainFortea posted:

Lived experience isn't a grudge. Mandozer is a serial abuser of trust. Going "I'm not listening to you again" is just like, a good thing everyone should do.

You don't have to defend him to make the point that the OP should get nuked.

smdftb fuckman

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER

Baculus posted:

who? merkelchen who's eating crow and feigning melancholy?

innominate?

speaking of which, where the gently caress are you innominate? are you back to pretending you're not reading this?

this entire affair is your fault - the best spin your own colleagues could come up with was that you misinterpreted a harassment complaint and then didn't follow up... that's the BEST framing they could come up with. you are a human being with full agency, expecting to be in this like trusted leadership position, and you can't even acknowledge your own fuckup? every single person in this loving thread has done someone dirty by being lazy or not paying attention or just being normal and making a mistake - and the overwhelming majority of us own it when we gently caress up. we own our mistakes, we deal with the consequences, we learn and we grow. so where the gently caress is your slice of humble pie?

not only did you spout your stupid rear end nazi poo poo while getting shitfaced on someone else's discord - you had the actual loving balls to waltz in and loving pretend like you hadn't done anyone there dirty - knowing full loving well you had.

hats off to you man, hats off. you're a real piece of work.

Man there’s so much stuff to respond to… what goes beyond a category 6 posting event!?

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

andromache posted:

Yeah no, you don’t get to suggest a goddamn thing to me anymore.

it's not really about your history with mandozer though. it's not just coming from him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenrai
May 4, 2014

Baculus posted:

Man there’s so much stuff to respond to… what goes beyond a category 6 posting event!?

And this... This is to post even further beyond!