Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

probably not the best idea to buy a used crypto mining card, right?

I am sorry

did you want good ideas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

blame the motherfucker that used a monkey paw for this wish

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Decks, trucks, shirts, kneepads, helmets - all customizable, all potential microtransactions

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
mmm, love to play the live-service Skate

can't wait to take my EA Koin gift card from grandma and buy a new Thrasher t-shirt for my Skatertar and hit the collabozone. i spent last week grinding Gear Crates so I have several 30 degree incline ramp pieces to use and a few rails, our collabozone will also be able to stay open for 2 weeks instead of one if we put up billboards for Monster Energy and the new transformers reboot. later on i'm going to grind out some Samaripoints by scrubbing graffito off adverts in the Skatezone (which whales spend cash to place because for every 10,000 impressions they get Gorilla Trucks Digital Premium Vault boxes), but i can use my Samaripoints to get the latest Evil Morty skin which is on sale for 22,500 until next Friday

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
that post is direct psychic violence against my essences

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

love 2 play Skate with my fav ultra rare skateboard i paid 20bux irl money for

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

smarxist posted:

mmm, love to play the live-service Skate

can't wait to take my EA Koin gift card from grandma and buy a new Thrasher t-shirt for my Skatertar and hit the collabozone. i spent last week grinding Gear Crates so I have several 30 degree incline ramp pieces to use and a few rails, our collabozone will also be able to stay open for 2 weeks instead of one if we put up billboards for Monster Energy and the new transformers reboot. later on i'm going to grind out some Samaripoints by scrubbing graffito off adverts in the Skatezone (which whales spend cash to place because for every 10,000 impressions they get Gorilla Trucks Digital Premium Vault boxes), but i can use my Samaripoints to get the latest Evil Morty skin which is on sale for 22,500 until next Friday

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I'll play Skate and never buy anything

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
im not gunna play it

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTZrpI6HBFA

e: btw if you like the idea of that Delay Lama plugin you should check out this original comp by Hige Driver, it loving slaps

Son of Thunderbeast has issued a correction as of 19:29 on Jul 14, 2022

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Skate or Buy

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

Good soup! posted:

Skate or Buy

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Good soup! posted:

Skate or Buy

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
C-Spam you're the only goons as brain broken as me so I assume you'll understand my delima in what I want to get on Steam. Do I wanna get Rune Factory 5 and live my gay marriage commune farm life out while murdering monsters, or do I wanna get Unity of Command 2 on sale with all it's DLC and lose myself in the european theater of WW2 playing the USSR?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

sexpig by night posted:

C-Spam you're the only goons as brain broken as me so I assume you'll understand my delima in what I want to get on Steam. Do I wanna get Rune Factory 5 and live my gay marriage commune farm life out while murdering monsters, or do I wanna get Unity of Command 2 on sale with all it's DLC and lose myself in the european theater of WW2 playing the USSR?
i dunno im not big on strategy games. i'm actually considering getting RF5 myself but i've never played an RF game; but i want something more stardew and less JRPG-y and i hear it's more JRPG with farming, so i dont know if i'll like it.

tough choice.

how about both

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
if RF5 is anything like the others it's probably way more JRPG than a game like Stardew yea, there's a lot of farming but you have basically a main quest that's just a mini JRPG tacked onto your farm game.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Rune Factory 5 runs like poo poo on Switch but maybe it's fine on pc.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

atelier morgan posted:

don't forget the part where he knew a guy was a pedophile for the last ten years and not only defended the guy but got him put in a position of space-leadership

loving yep. I spent five minutes trying to find the best post to tie the Perma to, they were all disappointingly mundane

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

sebmojo posted:

loving yep. I spent five minutes trying to find the best post to tie the Perma to, they were all disappointingly mundane

skimming the eve thread now and holy poo poo lmao

quote:

Imagine, if for any other crimes, we just believed the accuser cuz who gives a gently caress for the consequence for the 5%.

I wonder, maybe you got the numbers, how many black pplgot lynched cuz the crowd just believed the white woman?

Take a loving step back for one second. All I said is that there needs to be a line between believing literally every accusation, and admitting some ppl are just that loving awful.

I am very much for prosecuting the gently caress out of rapists and harrassers but I do believe in due process.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
RF5 may have a scene release already

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

sexpig by night posted:

rune factory 5 obviously. WW2 is old content we already have ww3

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Xaris posted:

i dunno im not big on strategy games. i'm actually considering getting RF5 myself but i've never played an RF game; but i want something more stardew and less JRPG-y and i hear it's more JRPG with farming, so i dont know if i'll like it.

tough choice.

how about both

I'd say it's more like Diablo than a jrpg

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

sebmojo posted:

now that he doesn't have a valid SA account he technically isn't allowed in his own corporation

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 46 hours!
Add one more thing to the DestroyUnity% speed run. (Emphasis mine)

"Unity CEO” posted:

Implementing monetisation earlier in the process and conversation is certainly an angle that has seen pushback from some developers.

Riccitiello: Ferrari and some of the other high-end car manufacturers still use clay and carving knives. It’s a very small portion of the gaming industry that works that way, and some of these people are my favourite people in the world to fight with – they’re the most beautiful and pure, brilliant people. They’re also some of the biggest loving idiots.

I’ve been in the gaming industry longer than most anybody – getting to the grey hair and all that. It used to be the case that developers would throw their game over the wall to the publicist and sales force with literally no interaction beforehand. That model is baked into the philosophy of a lot of artforms and medium, and it’s one I am deeply respectful of; I know their dedication and care.

But this industry divides people between those who still hold to that philosophy and those who massively embrace how to figure out what makes a successful product. And I don’t know a successful artist anywhere that doesn’t care about what their player thinks. This is where this cycle of feedback comes back, and they can choose to ignore it. But to choose to not know it at all is not a great call.

I’ve seen great games fail because they tuned their compulsion loop to two minutes when it should have been an hour. Sometimes, you wouldn’t even notice the product difference between a massive success and tremendous fail, but for this tuning and what it does to the attrition rate. There isn’t a developer on the planet that wouldn’t want that knowledge.
https://www.pocketgamer.biz/interview/79190/unity-ironsource-john-riccitiello-marc-whitten-merger/

Love a well tuned compulsion loop in my game. (This was the guy who was CEO of EA when they won “Worst company in America” twice. And is now CEO of Unity. This is after firing hundreds of people and spending billions on buying an malware company).

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

sexpig by night posted:

hadn't heard of unity of command much before but fffuck if that doesn't look right up my alley

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
hope you like... ENCIRCLEMENT :unsmigghh:

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Both UoCs are good, though I don't think UoC2 has a Soviet campaign.

And since I recently reinstalled UoC1 and fiddled with it, a good tip is that the AI is aggressive as gently caress and will happily throw away half a dozen divisions just to cut your supply lines and gently caress you over.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

probably not the best idea to buy a used crypto mining card, right?

I think someone here posted a link explaining that it's not a big deal and is usually worth it (if the price is good)

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

sexpig by night posted:

how about
https://twitter.com/warlockracy/status/1542891676053737472

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
buying a crypto card is like buying a used mule to drive to work

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

smarxist posted:

RF5 may have a scene release already

confirming scene release out there and runs really really well!

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
“In two days they began to come upon electronic debris and cast-off peripherals. They saw halfburied skeletons of prebuilts with the cases so white and polished they seemed incandescent even in that blazing heat and they saw gamepads and gamer chairs and the bones of men and they saw a mining rig entire, the dried and blackened carcass hard as iron."

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

whoa, eye patch waifu

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

wait thats just silent storm what

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Popy posted:

wait thats just silent storm what

it was the sequel to silent storm

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009

Foo Diddley posted:

it was the sequel to silent storm

was it better or worse than the weird night watch game that was also on the silent storm engine?

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
man, RF5 does that annoying thing in games where they dump a bunch of DLC items and other "jump start" poo poo on you for some reason

i always try to destroy/pitch them because i'm WEEEEEIRD

they always trivialize like a third of the game

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

e: btw if you like the idea of that Delay Lama plugin you should check out this original comp by Hige Driver, it loving slaps

holy poo poo this rules, thank you.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
On my fourth or fifth Disco Elysium run and still finding new poo poo like the working pinball machine in the Whirling. I still haven't felt any diminishing returns with this game. Hopefully Kurvitz's novel gets an English translation soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

1stGear posted:

Both UoCs are good, though I don't think UoC2 has a Soviet campaign.

And since I recently reinstalled UoC1 and fiddled with it, a good tip is that the AI is aggressive as gently caress and will happily throw away half a dozen divisions just to cut your supply lines and gently caress you over.

2nity of Command received a Moscow 1941 DLC in September of last year where you play the Soviets during the Winter Counteroffensive