Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Shear Modulus posted:

only 92% of party members being willing to vote for the party seems kind of bad

But enough about Democratic senators…

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

quote:

In one case, a pharmacist initially refused to dispense methotrexate to an 8-year-old girl in Texas. In a note the child's doctor shared with Edens, the pharmacist wrote, "Females of possible child bearing potential have to have diagnosis on hard copy with state abortion laws."

impressive chimo vibes, texan pharmacist

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

30.5 Days posted:

democrats are now openly admitting that they won't improve as long as people are willing to vote for them

The Free Market (tm) has spoken, and it wants democrats to continue being bumbling incompetents.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

after all, Democrats couldn't grift the proletariat as well as they are if they actually governed competently

Venomous has issued a correction as of 15:27 on Jul 14, 2022

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

evilpicard posted:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/post-roe-many-autoimmune-patients-120017199.html

Lol the democrats knew this was going to happen and didn't do anything lmao

lol what the gently caress

goddamn the USA

if it's off label that means the manufacturer hasn't sought approval for it to be used for an unlabeled purposed. afaik it's not unlawful to prescribe a drug for off label use, it's only unlawful if the manufacturer markets a drug for an off label use (e.g. if I manufacture methotrexate I can't say it should be prescribed for terminating an ectopic pregnancy because I haven't submitted the data that using it for that is safe effective and reliable)

i mean i understand why doctors are hesitant because all it takes is one rear end in a top hat prosecutor to ruin your life for prescribing a drug on label for a woman of child bearing age but loving poo poo goddamn loving prolifers

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

You didn't prove the 8 year old wasn't a slut so she can't have her lupus drugs

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

spacemang_spliff posted:

lol what the gently caress

goddamn the USA

if it's off label that means the manufacturer hasn't sought approval for it to be used for an unlabeled purposed. afaik it's not unlawful to prescribe a drug for off label use, it's only unlawful if the manufacturer markets a drug for an off label use (e.g. if I manufacture methotrexate I can't say it should be prescribed for terminating an ectopic pregnancy because I haven't submitted the data that using it for that is safe effective and reliable)

i mean i understand why doctors are hesitant because all it takes is one rear end in a top hat prosecutor to ruin your life for prescribing a drug on label for a woman of child bearing age but loving poo poo goddamn loving prolifers

the Texas law calls it out by name https://capitol.texas.gov/tlodocs/872/billtext/html/SB00004F.HTM

quote:

2) "Abortion-inducing drug" means a drug, a medicine,
or any other substance, including a regimen of two or more drugs,
medicines, or substances, prescribed, dispensed, or administered
with the intent of terminating a clinically diagnosable pregnancy
of a woman and with knowledge that the termination will, with
reasonable likelihood, cause the death of the woman's unborn child.
The term includes off-label use of drugs, medicines, or other
substances known to have abortion-inducing properties that are
prescribed, dispensed, or administered with the intent of causing
an abortion, including the Mifeprex regimen, misoprostol
(Cytotec), and methotrexate. The term does not include a drug,
medicine, or other substance that may be known to cause an abortion
but is prescribed, dispensed, or administered for other medical
reasons.

I think the scary term there is “diagnosable” which could mean a pharmacist would need to see a negative dipstick test…

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

What's the name for the phenomenon where you can mostly read words if all the letters are there and the first and last are in the correct spot?

Anyway, I choose to believe the source is Big Tittleson

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

hobbesmaster posted:

the Texas law calls it out by name https://capitol.texas.gov/tlodocs/872/billtext/html/SB00004F.HTM

I think the scary term there is “diagnosable” which could mean a pharmacist would need to see a negative dipstick test…

(Cytotec), and methotrexate.

But also

The term does not include a drug,
reasons.

An abortion inducing drug is a drug that could cause an abortion but are not labeled for abortion. But an abortion inducing drug also doesn't mean a drug that could cause an abortion but are not labeled for abortion.

Good job Texas. Very smart regulation that makes a ton of sense.

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

spacemang_spliff posted:

(Cytotec), and methotrexate.

But also

The term does not include a drug,
reasons.

An abortion inducing drug is a drug that could cause an abortion but are not labeled for abortion. But an abortion inducing drug also doesn't mean a drug that could cause an abortion but are not labeled for abortion.

Good job Texas. Very smart regulation that makes a ton of sense.

The point is to prosecute anyone they feel like, such as a poor person, but not prosecute anyone that they don't, such as a rich person. This just gives a built-in excuse instead of 'prosecutor discretion'.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Complications posted:

The point is to prosecute anyone they feel like, such as a poor person, but not prosecute anyone that they don't, such as a rich person. This just gives a built-in excuse instead of 'prosecutor discretion'.

the problem is that pharmacists and physicians can’t rely on that

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

hobbesmaster posted:

the problem is that pharmacists and physicians can’t rely on that

only the pharmacists and physicians who don't already know that they're above the law

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
dems currently focusing on fighting this dude

https://twitter.com/matthewphoh?s=21&t=GiAH1dhzQX8GqE35nZyWLg

https://twitter.com/matthewphoh/status/1546988431456309251?s=21&t=GiAH1dhzQX8GqE35nZyWLg

:hmmyes:

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Texas has made it abundantly clear in the opioid crisis that they will never go after prescribing doctors, only pharmacists.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/CNNOpinion/stat...ingawful.com%2F
:qq:

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

i have a radical proposal for paul begala: lick my balls

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

How tf has Joseph Biden not ordered the solicitor general to sue on the grounds that there is no state interest in blocking children from treating their juvenile arthritis lmao

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Shear Modulus posted:

only the pharmacists and physicians who don't already know that they're above the law

any pharmacist or physician that is rich enough to be “above the law” employs ones that are not

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

i have a radical proposal for paul begala: lick my balls

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

evilpicard posted:

How tf has Joseph Biden not ordered the solicitor general to sue on the grounds that there is no state interest in blocking children from treating their juvenile arthritis lmao

it's very simple. he neither knows or cares about this issue, and even if he did he still wouldn't do anything.

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

The dems deserve to be destroyed:

https://twitter.com/jessdkant/status/1547423877223120896

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of polling, according to liberals.

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

it's very simple. he neither knows or cares about this issue, and even if he did he still wouldn't do anything.

The Democrats!

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

hobbesmaster posted:

any pharmacist or physician that is rich enough to be “above the law” employs ones that are not

i was thinking medical professionals that are exclusively concierge doctors for the rich

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

evilpicard posted:

There's only one interest Biden has in children and it's not arthritis

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ivana trump died.

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

paul no, it's sucking out your life force

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
I've come back from the future with a time machine. The Democrats got destroyed in 2022. Now I'm returning to the future, a really good bug restaurant opens around my way in 2028.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

ivana trump died.

she just died? wow. i didn't know that. you're telling me that for the first time.

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

Animal-Mother posted:

I've come back from the future with a time machine. The Democrats got destroyed in 2022. Now I'm returning to the future, a really good bug restaurant opens around my way in 2028.

wait, before you go, are the forced breeding programs as fun as they say???

tiberion02
Mar 26, 2007

People tend to make the common mistake of believing that a situation will last forever.

yellowcar posted:

she just died? wow. i didn't know that. you're telling me that for the first time.

She led an amazing life, what else can you say? She was an amazing woman — whether you agreed or not — she was an amazing woman who led an amazing life -- and a real killer in the sack.

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Uhhh... If you like your handmaid, you can keep your handmaid!

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Antonymous posted:

wait, before you go, are the forced breeding programs as fun as they say???

They're a pain in the rear end

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

the white hand posted:

paul no, it's sucking out your life force

that ain’t a sticker it’s a pin

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Trump rbg death reaction will always be funny, like deedee megadoodoo

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
an absolute joke of a party

https://twitter.com/fordm/status/15...ingawful.com%2F

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

Real hurthling! posted:

ivana trump died.

ivana 'nother one to!

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

The local lib moms are starting to talk about the Dems getting destroyed in the midterms.

I was very sickos.jpg as I heard this convo happening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

My lib wife is becoming jokerfied