Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

If you're on cycle right then that ain't happen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Reading this with the voice in your skull.
Bastard of the Mountain don't need no juice.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Unless by "juice" you mean "Arcane"

El Padrino
Dec 24, 2005

No es nada personal, solo negocios.
And by "Arcane" you mean "R. Cane"

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Yeah right like I can afford the name brand stuff

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

It's great that the Dudes hench is just Max from Sam and Max

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

rowdy energy out of the gate in this week's bonus ep

Daduzi
Nov 22, 2005

You can't hide from the Grim Reaper. Especially when he's got a gun.

Ainsley McTree posted:

rowdy energy out of the gate in this week's bonus ep

I was worried they were going to come to blows over Animorph spoilers

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Jake was not going to read 51 more books

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Bip Roberts posted:

Jake was not going to read 51 more books

Murph was right not to believe him, but also right to feel a little guilty

(also the podcast is edited and absolutely would not have been published if there were any real hard feelings, they seem like the type of group to do check-ins)

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
they should have fought

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I haven't played The Quarry so I don't totally understand the context but Murph and Emily are in it and I love that for them https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsB9-raJgUg

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

oh that rules

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea tbh it looks like kinda a meh Until Dawn style game but it seems to be advertised by a lot of people I like and has a cast of cool peeps so I hope they do well

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

sexpig by night posted:

yea tbh it looks like kinda a meh Until Dawn style game but it seems to be advertised by a lot of people I like and has a cast of cool peeps so I hope they do well

pretty sure it's by the same people

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

kidcoelacanth posted:

pretty sure it's by the same people

that'd be why, then! Honestly glad they're still making games, even if Until Dawn wasn't my poo poo I'm glad a functional Choose Your Own Adventure videogame seemed to do well for a bit

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Speaking of vidya games, (a) it's interesting to me that vidya is apparently accepted by Chrome's spellchecker and (b) weren't NaDDPod talking about a video game based on the first campaign at some point? I'd assume if my memory isn't playing tricks on me and they were, that it's the kind of thing that'd take years for a small group like them to get made, but has there been any update on it recently?

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

tsob posted:

Speaking of vidya games, (a) it's interesting to me that vidya is apparently accepted by Chrome's spellchecker and (b) weren't NaDDPod talking about a video game based on the first campaign at some point? I'd assume if my memory isn't playing tricks on me and they were, that it's the kind of thing that'd take years for a small group like them to get made, but has there been any update on it recently?

There haven't been any updates recently, last I saw they had released some of the art for the sprites in the game but that was a while ago.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

tsob posted:

https://www.naddpod.com/

It's still featured on their webpage a ways down with "Coming Soon", at least! But yeah, no updates as of late.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Anyone going to the Portland show tonight?

A friend surprised me with a ticket and it'll be the first love thing I've seen since the start of Rona.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
As a middle schooler in a man's body who did in fact read every single Animorphs book including the side stories I have never wanted to be an active part of the gang's conversation more than I did listening to last week's Short Rest. The simultaneous rush of memories jogged by their wiki-dive combined with additional tidbits about the series triggered by the first memories was quite powerful. There are so many buck wild things that happen that I want them to know about!!

And I swear, that confrontation was inevitable. I was just wondering myself how they were gonna handle spoilers before they even got into their conversation and, welp, they really hit it straight on didn't they.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

BAM BAM WAS A BABY

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

short rest is completely loving unhinged this week

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

kidcoelacanth posted:

short rest is completely loving unhinged this week

I can't wait. The mainstream d&d court was already pretty heated, and this hot on the heels of the animorph spoilers scandal

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Ainsley McTree posted:

I can't wait. The mainstream d&d court was already pretty heated, and this hot on the heels of the animorph spoilers scandal

You are not ready.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

sounds like naddpod needed more beardsley all along

radlum
May 13, 2013
I love how everyone was clear on condemning FlamingHotCheeto; what a douche

The whole Flintstones talk was amazing.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

radlum posted:

I love how everyone was clear on condemning FlamingHotCheeto; what a douche

The whole Flintstones talk was amazing.

I almost suspect that FlamingHotCheeto's case was constructed specifically to enrage all of them, except I've known players that were at least that terrible before.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

docbeard posted:

I almost suspect that FlamingHotCheeto's case was constructed specifically to enrage all of them, except I've known players that were at least that terrible before.

yea tabletop games are a rare thing where it genuinely is hard to find the poo poo that's made up just because if you read a story you think is fake to a group of tabletop players at least one could well go 'nah man that sounds like Stinky Jerry at my table, he sucked and was real'. I'm glad they clearly use the standard of 'as long as the story is going to be entertaining to work off we'll believe it'.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I gotta start listening to the Short Rests again.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Aggro Murph owns so much. Just going off on these fools and their Flintstone lies

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Flaming Hot Cheeto did literally nothing wrong.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I don’t know why I thought the dragon would be majestic.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

I don’t know why I thought the dragon would be majestic.

Well, one of them was.

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

If yall aren't getting the bonus cases for the d&d court episodes, you missed an all timer.

At a little place called... Mangia's

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Jeremor posted:

If yall aren't getting the bonus cases for the d&d court episodes, you missed an all timer.

At a little place called... Mangia's

Emily's absolute refusal to elaborate was both hilarious and infuriating

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

kidcoelacanth posted:

hilarious and infuriating

That's Emily's whole thing

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Emily is the embodiment of the 'shows up, does a crazy thing, does not elaborate, leaves' sigma meme.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Anybody play The Quarry? Listen closely to the podcast that plays over the end credits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

flavor.flv posted:

Anybody play The Quarry? Listen closely to the podcast that plays over the end credits

They actually made a little series of it that's available on the game website.