Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

That's impressive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

I always knew Cricket would turn out to be a fake sport.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

That's just not cricket.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

CordlessPen posted:

I like this.

So do pro-lifers because if she wins it just sets up an additional legal precedent that fetuses count as people.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
The state doesn’t need fetal personhood to ban abortion. The decision in Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization just requires them to have a rational basis, which is legal speak for “literally any reason they can articulate”. “Securing a healthy domestic supply of infants” qualifies.

So yeah you don’t want to go there.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

quote:

Betting on cricket is illegal in India

Does that imply that betting on other sports is fine ? I guess that's one way to go about keeping the sport "honest" or w/e.

CordlessPen
Jan 8, 2004

I told you so...

theironjef posted:

So do pro-lifers because if she wins it just sets up an additional legal precedent that fetuses count as people.

I'll admit I'm not the best at how the US legal system works but I don't think many precedents are set fighting tickets in traffic court.

Or maybe I'm wrong and in 2061 when Texas decides that ok, MAYBE women can have a little body autonomy someone will go "But in 2022 the Plano traffic court ruled that fetuses grant the right to the HOV lane!" and everything will fall apart.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

CordlessPen posted:

Or maybe I'm wrong and in 2061 when Texas decides that ok, MAYBE women can have a little body autonomy someone will go "But in 2022 the Plano traffic court ruled that fetuses grant the right to the HOV lane!" and everything will fall apart.

LOL if you think the Constitutional State of Neo-Gilead is going to give women legal standing to contest things in court.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/thephillyvoice/status/1545719996780843008

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://giant.gfycat.com/UnlawfulSmoggyCollie.mp4

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/Joshuajered/status/1546113352736608256

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
How is that weird news

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

quote:

"For now, I will be focusing on exciting new revenue streams, like the incredibly popular Goldbelly partnership that gives us the ability to ship our ’steaks nationwide — and actually taking a day or two off each week in order to spend more time with my adorable grandchildren," Groh said.
wasn't Goldbelly the thing Lowtax ordered cookies from?!

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
https://twitter.com/vincemancini/status/1546628086220746752?s=21&t=VX6GloSuZ7pWWM_zjVEvkg

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

DACK FAYDEN posted:

wasn't Goldbelly the thing Lowtax ordered cookies from?!

yeah, its a boutique ordering service so you can pay way too much for extremely special food items like cheesesteaks from this one place in philly so they must be the best, or cookies baked by a grandma who lives on a remote mountaintop or whatever

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

WHY WERE THEY SHOPPING FOR CLOTHES AT THE GOOP STORE

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

If you were wondering, the ethnic slur that used to be in the name rhymes with "blinks." There was an uproar fairly recently about it that led to them changing their name, and at the time the defense was "it's not racist, it's just that it was the original owner's nickname (because he was squinty-eyed)."

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Baron von Eevl posted:

"it's not racist, it's just that it was the original owner's nickname (because he was squinty-eyed)."
Also my (non-Asian) FIL’s nickname growing up. I suspect a lot of Eastern European kids got that appellation over the years.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/boingboing/status/1546873003484520449?s=21&t=u-7CrMZj1wj0qpVCdDFZdg

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

It's obvious once you stop to think about it.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Man i expected a better alibi from smeagol

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Evilreaver posted:

gently caress YOU!

:hfive:

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Apparently this is the page for headlines about murdering children so c'mon everyone, now's the time if you have any more.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Evilreaver posted:

It's near the Gap

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Lobok posted:

Apparently this is the page for headlines about murdering children so c'mon everyone, now's the time if you have any more.

You'd think people would wait for page 666 before talking about sacrifices to the Dark Lord

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Hamina Walrus Went for Swim, Harsh Fate Looms - Police Monitoring Movements

Sorry, wrong picture, here:

e: :siren:breaking news:siren:

Member of Parliament Mikko Kärnä Suggests Shooting Hamina Walrus

The situation is heating up!

3D Megadoodoo has a new favorite as of 13:01 on Jul 15, 2022

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1547690522671583232

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

The Stupids

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/PopBase/status/1547662389134233601

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

:gonk:

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Doing a speed run of Habsburg inbreeding I see.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Is Elon his own grandpa?

Jigsaw
Aug 14, 2008

Whooping Crabs posted:

Is Elon his own grandpa?

I think he is his own nephew/uncle

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Whooping Crabs posted:

Is Elon his own grandpa?

Elon's goal this entire time has been to invent time travel so he could do the nasty in the pasty.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Zero One posted:

Elon's goal this entire time has been to invent time travel so he could do the nasty in the pasty.

Harlan Ellison is spinning in his tiny grave.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

AlbieQuirky posted:

I thought he was dead!

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

AlbieQuirky posted:

Good

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

AlbieQuirky posted:

If we jacketed him in copper we could produce enough power to light a refrigerator

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Rich old men loving everything that moves and some stuff that doesn't isn't weird.