Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: Every Day Is Fundraising Time

Ted Rall posted:

After Roe v. Wade was overturned by the US Supreme Court, President Joe Biden and his fellow Democrats were heavily criticized for their response, which boils down to pleas to vote for Democrats and fundraising. They were surprised because this has always been their typical response to such events.

First Dog on the Moon: Karl Marx? The sun? The Newcastle Channel Nine weather fellow? Who is the hero of our times?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
At this point I have to assume that Krasner personally prosecuted a case against a close relative of Stiglich.

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

TRUMP
BIGUE

Rudicron
Oct 30, 2013

It's Lunchtime!

Get yourself a hotdog!

Skios posted:

At this point I have to assume that Krasner personally prosecuted a case against a close relative of Stiglich.

I'm sure it's just a principled moral stand against... not throwing people in prison for the crime of Existing While Black.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

So this is Stiglich basically just admitting he's a card carrying member of the KKK isn't it?

Tindalos
May 1, 2008

Going back a little, this is a pretty awful Prickly City. Especially given they complain if there is any swing away from the right.

Telegnostic
Apr 24, 2008

Raised By Birds posted:

Pedro X. Molina

Unlike the Brits, the Americans would never expel Trump from government.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Randalor posted:

So this is Stiglich basically just admitting he's a card carrying member of the KKK isn't it?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Kellies nomination: best edit/parody

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

:laffo: this just highlights how disingenuous these fucks complaining about gas prices are. Gas go up! Biden fault he is bad poo poo President! Gas go down? Who gives a gently caress he is bad poo poo President anyway

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Dr. VooDoo posted:

:laffo: this just highlights how disingenuous these fucks complaining about gas prices are. Gas go up! Biden fault he is bad poo poo President! Gas go down? Who gives a gently caress he is bad poo poo President anyway

Il like this one because it almost seems like a direct response to it

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

That Rall is correct but also just no effort whatsoever. Literal floating head with a phoned-in punchline. It’s like a Gorrell with worse art somehow.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Pants Donkey posted:

That Rall is correct but also just no effort whatsoever. Literal floating head with a phoned-in punchline. It’s like a Gorrell with worse art somehow.

Hell, he can't even keep them looking consistently terrible. The one on the bottom left is different from the others

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Fister Roboto posted:

Among all the political cartoonists ITT, Stiglich seems to me like the one who is most likely to be an actual KKK member. Not sure why.

If Branco, Gorrell, or the McCoys were in the KKK, they’d probably just state it publicly.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Jesus loving christ

Kellies Nomination: Worst Overall

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Stiglich also can’t draw Hispanic people without covering them with MS-13 tattoos, so yeah, he’s super racist and probably the only thing keeping him out of the KKK himself is the belief that it’s part of the Democratic Party.

Victar
Nov 8, 2009

Bored? Need something to read while camping Time-Lost Protodrake?

www.vicfanfic.com

The Ku Klux Klan committed horrific violent crimes against its victims, including murder and terrorism. That includes assassinating "Arkansas Congressman James M. Hinds, three members of the South Carolina legislature, and several men who served in constitutional conventions".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ku_Klux_Klan

This cartoon is gaslighting anyone who looks at the Klan's history. I second the Kellies nomination of Worst Overall.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Liz Truss’s campaign to be Tory leader – The foreign secretary has had to fend off questions about why she remained loyal to Boris Johnson while other cabinet ministers were resigning"

Telegraph:

Penny Mordaunt seizes the momentum after first Tory leadership ballot

Matt:

Independent:

Tory leadership candidate says she will ‘eliminate’ right to protection from torture and inhuman treatment; Liz Truss boosted by backing of ousted Suella Braverman in Tory leadership race

Times:

Who is Penny Mordaunt? The Tory leadership candidate with a radical style

Evening Standard:

Conservative leadership race: Big guns turn fire on Penny Mordaunt ahead of TV clash

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Lethbridge:

Shakespeare:

Albanese is holding State of Origin rugby tops. Anthony Albanese urges league chiefs to sanction a State of Origin clash in the Pacific Islands as Australian PM backs calls for a new NRL team from the rugby-mad region (Daily Mail).

Knight:

My guess is the talking critter thing is saying "His frequent flyer points could balance the budget".

Le Lievre:

Unemployment plunges to 3.5 per cent, with nearly 90,000 jobs added in June (ABC)

Moir:

NSW premier Dominic Perrottet with former deputy premier John Barilaro. Barilaro is under investigation by ICAC for being given the job as NSW's US trade commissioner in New York after another candidate had already been selected. Candidate Jenny West tells inquiry she was told US trade job was a 'present', before John Barilaro hired (ABC).

Spooner:

Leunig:

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

It's kind of amazing how perfectly Boris' head fits as a donkey's rear end in a top hat without any further modification.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Fake threat: the climate hellscape literally every nation is currently feeling, tangibly worse every year.
Real threat: China is going to roll in with big destroyers and invade Australia or something

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Lalo Alcaraz

Clay Bennett

Lisa Benson

Tim Campbell

Jeff Danziger

John Deering

Al Goodwyn

Clay Jones

KAL

Steve Kelley

Kevin Necessary

Pedro X. Molina

Henry Payne

Joel Pett

Michael Ramirez

Rob Rogers

Gary Varvel

Matt Wuerker

Tony Branco

quote:

On Vacation: Branco goes on vacation in July 2022, be back around the 26th

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

Kellies nomination: Biggest relief

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Kellies nomination all-time best Branco

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Any other day, Skelley would run a thousand comics about how oversensitive these liberal snowflakes are if they acted like "no way José" was offensive, somehow.
This time though it's a very offensive thing to imagine!

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Vib Rib posted:

Any other day, Skelley would run a thousand comics about how oversensitive these liberal snowflakes are if they acted like "no way José" was offensive, somehow.
This time though it's a very offensive thing to imagine!

It's double standards all the way around.
Yeah, if Tucker Carlson had said something about how Sancho loves his bodega tacos, the liberals would rightly be calling it out as some racist bullshit while the conservatives made excuses about how it is actually a cool and good thing to say and really you're the real racist for saying anything.
But, like I said, two sides of the same coin. The blue mouthpiece said the stupidly insensitive racist thing, so now the red mouthpieces get to feign outrage.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
The only way that Branco could be better is if it was his retirement. But I'll take ten days without his hateful scribblings for sure.

DalaranJ posted:

If Branco, Gorrell, or the McCoys were in the KKK, they’d probably just state it publicly.

Even if they agree 100% with everything the KKK says, as right wing cartoonists they need to perpetuate the lie that the KKK is actually Democrats, so they would never state it publicly. I'm not saying they wouldn't join it, just that they wouldn't admit to joining it.

Which is why that Stiglich is interesting because he's the only right wing cartoonist going "Well actually if you think about it the KKK isn't so bad!" which makes me suspicious that he might actually be a member.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I think Stiglich was going for the ever-so-slightly less offensive message that "the KKK are bad and all but this Larry Krasner fellow is even worse".

This in no way makes that cartoon any better.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
There's also the bit where he picked a rabidly antisemitic organization to portray as being less dangerous for Black people than a 'radical' Jewish lawyer, which is not even a hair's breadth away from the Judeo-Bolshevism/blood on their hands conspiracy.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Jarla

Covid restrictions on private car traffic across Russo-Finnish border have been lifted, allowing Russian citizens with visa to come over shopping again.

Barrel Cactaur
Oct 6, 2021

Trapezium Dave posted:

Rall: Every Day Is Fundraising Time

Kelly's nomination: Laziest non Gorrell.

How dumb do you have to be to not understand that basically no social flaw is an island? The second wave KKK basically destroyed wealth generation for 80 years in those communities, ensuring that gas crisis and death of industry pushed them firmly into modern poverty. Thus, the KKK and its underlying social movement basically caused all the poo poo hes whining about not being punished in panel 2 (because our justice system has never managed to fix anything on purpose.) by ensuring some communities didnt have a core of wealth to prop them up through those transitions.

:guillotine:

Barrel Cactaur fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Jul 16, 2022

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the Conservative leadership race – Penny Mordaunt accused Tory leadership rivals of running ‘black ops’ briefings trying to damage her"

Telegraph:

Tory leadership race: Penny Mordaunt new favourite among grassroots, latest poll shows

Matt:

:sun: UK weather: Cobra meeting called as Britain prepares for record 40C heat :supaburn:

Independent:

After Sargent.

The i paper:

Penny Mordaunt painfully bellyflopping on Splash! goes viral as politician vies for PM

Times:

After Enid Blyton.

Stephen Collins:

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

This idiot knows the only reason he’s getting the laws he wants is because of old fuckers grasping on to power way too long, right?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Twelve by Pies posted:

Even if they agree 100% with everything the KKK says, as right wing cartoonists they need to perpetuate the lie that the KKK is actually Democrats, so they would never state it publicly. I'm not saying they wouldn't join it, just that they wouldn't admit to joining it.

Which is why that Stiglich is interesting because he's the only right wing cartoonist going "Well actually if you think about it the KKK isn't so bad!" which makes me suspicious that he might actually be a member.

Yeah, even the most Garrison-brained morons know that the Klan is considered bad no matter how much they agree with them.

I'm fairly curious though, I mean, "The Klan is actually all Democrats!" is a very popular claim by the right, so how do all of the actual Klan members square that circle of everyone accusing them of being liberals?
Sure, maybe some of them are smart enough to accept it on the grounds that it "helps" their argument in their minds, but you'd think the majority of them would be taking to the tailgate of their pickup to denounce the libs and reaffirm that they're proud red voters fighting for what Republicans believe in

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Cloud Potato posted:

Stephen Collins:

Wait, they're not?
I switched to wet toilet paper because it cleaned so much better are you telling me I can't flush them?

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

HootTheOwl posted:

Wait, they're not?
I switched to wet toilet paper because it cleaned so much better are you telling me I can't flush them?

Yup. They lie to you. You can certainly *flush* them, but they don't biodegrade. They cause problems in the sewers and in the waste treatment plants.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

the_steve posted:

I'm fairly curious though, I mean, "The Klan is actually all Democrats!" is a very popular claim by the right, so how do all of the actual Klan members square that circle of everyone accusing them of being liberals?
Sure, maybe some of them are smart enough to accept it on the grounds that it "helps" their argument in their minds, but you'd think the majority of them would be taking to the tailgate of their pickup to denounce the libs and reaffirm that they're proud red voters fighting for what Republicans believe in

Anybody who's actually joining The Literal Klan sees the Republicans like Communists see the Democrats.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Byzantine posted:

Anybody who's actually joining The Literal Klan sees the Republicans like Communists see the Democrats.

Which Communists are happy about the Democrats moving closer to their political positions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!