Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice
elysium has some thoughts on harassment and qualifications for leadership

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keisari
May 24, 2011

Karttoon for CEO

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

iVjLZDDc posted:

it's a pretty decent username for, like you just saw, baiting out "WHO IS THAT PERSON IN THE SA THREAD" paranoia from jabber warriors who treat this thread like a masquerade ball of wrongspeak that they need to keep dossiers on, so — like you said — the most normal people

i haven't logged into jabber in months and haven't played the game in like five years so :shrug:

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
I want something good to die for...to make it beautiful to live

Syndic Thrass posted:

He killed me like 2-3 months ago in NPC Delve (unless he sold his character), but not wanting any part of this is prolly a smart idea

trzzbk quit and gave his accounts to Lefiere

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Herstory Begins Now posted:

step 1) sweep under the rug for months, stonewall anyone who asks what happened, ban the victim
step 2) smear the victim, minimize it as drama and not a real issue, 'that bitch should find the block button' 'the amber heards of the world'
step 3) weak-rear end, transparently self-serving non-apology apology put somewhere that the victim can't even see
step 4) spill lots of ink claiming this is all just a plot by enemies to get get him to step down. zero hint of self awareness or introspection at all
step 5) step down while still taking zero accountability whatsoever, imply all the accusations were bullshit and that the enemy plot worked and actually stepping down is a noble act of self sacrifice for the benefit of everyone else. fail to address any of the other accusations coming out.

what will step 6 hold? stay tuned to find out as mittani boldly rewrites the textbook of exactly how not to handle someone reporting sexual harassment in your organization

Man, what a sad loving situation, everyone deserves to be part of a community that handles things better than this.

Step 6: Mittani will try to step back into the background, stabilize the organization he will still secretly control with sycophants who wholly believe his refusal to take responsibility, and use it to funnel people to his income streams.

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.

Zodium posted:

Step 6: Mittani will try to step back into the background, stabilize the organization he will still secretly control with sycophants who wholly believe his refusal to take responsibility, and use it to funnel people to his income streams.

yep

everybody still in GSF, take everything that's not nailed down and unanchor anything that is

iVjLZDDc
Mar 29, 2016

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

i haven't logged into jabber in months and haven't played the game in like five years so :shrug:

hell yea brother W

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Zodium posted:

This.

Absent an actual purge of those responsible for the coverup and a clear statement that The Mittani is no longer welcome and that behavior is no longer tolerated and that his multi dollar media empire is now completely separate from the EVE organization with no financial interest or involvement in it whatsoever, it's just business as usual but with more layers of middlemen.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Zerg Mans posted:

good lord that resignation statement is almost exactly what Lowtax wrote lmao

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
Goons love their middle management teams

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Hey no advocating for suicide in the space clan that advocates harassment of women and shields pedophiles! What will the neighbors think?

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
Video games?

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

They say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day.
i just realized that when matterall accused mittens of fostering an army of alt right dipshits to worship him unquestioningly he was absolutely right, if elysium and the goonfleet thread is any indication

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

imo please don't rejoin the Goonswarm© network of chat and ingame services ever, even if a lot of people running the org quit. Reset your access keys and let the pubbies have it. Starting your own thing is very easy in 2022, especially if you just want to have fun and aren't worried about weird poo poo like tracing IP addresses and proxies to find 'spies', etc.

Good job Omar

yeah people have the choice between making a group that is only cool, vetted people or a group that is struggling to drag around 20 years of inescapable god awful baggage

seems like a no brainer

Darse
Jan 14, 2008
Wake up young man.

raminasi posted:

haha goddamn.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Wow I didn't expect that today, or ever. Too bad it's too late to save anything since the amputation of the head necessary for fixing things started and ended with just pulling out the tongue.

Who do I ask for TG and Delta discord stuff, I can't scroll back and look rn so sorry I know it's in here I just can't atm

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.

learnincurve posted:

any word from innominate no?

Reading the mittani's statement, I was actually bulled out of Goonwaffe.

I bought a snake and found some good people to fly with and moved on.

I have to ask why does he think he is worth more than me? Because he fought a online war in 2020? I couldn't play eve in 2020 because I was under lockdown for 2 years because of my job looking after immunocompromised disabled kiddies, that's what hell looks like you privileged gently caress, every single day praying that no one coughs because if they do 30 children die. I just wanted to fly with my forum buddies, gently caress Innominate and gently caress the mittani and his poor me speech.

My understanding is that Innom's duties going forward are IT/Infrastructure only and he will no longer be handling anything for line members of the alliance.

So for the purposes of this conversation he's stepped down as well.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

raminasi posted:

gonna be rough when they see that evefest video!!!!

andromache posted:

My understanding is that Innom's duties going forward are IT/Infrastructure only and he will no longer be handling anything for line members of the alliance.

what on earth do you think stepped down means exactly?

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Edit: Okay beaten. But my god is that a bad exit statement

Sarmhan fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Jul 15, 2022

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

hailthefish posted:

This.

Absent an actual purge of those responsible for the coverup and a clear statement that The Mittani is no longer welcome and that behavior is no longer tolerated and that his multi dollar media empire is now completely separate from the EVE organization with no financial interest or involvement in it whatsoever, it's just business as usual but with more layers of middlemen.

Groomswarm was a bog standard cult from the moment Sesfan was removed from power what, fifteen years ago? It has been a cult for the entire time most people have known it, it cannot be salvaged, there simply does not exist any mechanism for doing so. End it. Take what you can carry, take your friends and your happiness and camaraderie, which are real and no one can destroy unless you let Mittani corrupt them, walk away, and end it.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
mittani: steps down temporarily while stuff is being sorted out. admits zero wrong doing, resignation letter is a screed against enemies trying to sabotage him
innom: still in, still has major responsibilities, admits zero wrong doing, doesn't even pretend to step down, still hasn't addressed poo poo publicly

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

By the way Alex, you were right about me back in '16, and maybe I failed, but I'm so loving happy FNLN got your rear end, you pathetic, attention starving predator.

:stoked:

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Zodium posted:

Groomswarm was a bog standard cult from the moment Sesfan was removed from power what, fifteen years ago? It has been a cult for the entire time most people have known it, it cannot be salvaged, there simply does not exist any mechanism for doing so. End it. Take what you can carry, take your friends and your happiness and camaraderie, which are real and no one can destroy unless you let Mittani corrupt them, walk away, and end it.

I got purged for inactivity yonks ago, I have basically zero personal investment either way.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

andromache posted:

:sigh:

Atrum of all people currently in leadership you seem to be a standup guy who is trying to act in good faith here. I applaud you for this but I gotta keep bringing it back to the reality of how systemic abuse plays out in corporate environments.

Again, as an infosec guy who advises large enterprises on how to deal with insider threats:

If the abuser has control of the IT infrastructure, they have the ability to create, alter and delete records. That means your sources of truth can't be trusted, or will at minimum require forensic analysis to be deemed trustworthy.

Innominate may "no longer be handling anything for line members of the alliance" - but as an IT/infrastructure administrator, he has the power to - as a purely hypothetical example - delete database records pertaining to an active sexual harassment case that got swept under the rug for months on end because it would be embarrassing.

You need to get these fuckers out of your infrastructure entirely or they'll just bed down again.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Zodium posted:

it wasnt a cult during the zapawork days noob

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

Foehammer007 posted:

Goons love their middle management teams

Former black ops middle management

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Herstory Begins Now posted:

mittani: steps down temporarily while stuff is being sorted out. admits zero wrong doing, resignation letter is a screed against enemies trying to sabotage him
innom: still in, still has major responsibilities, admits zero wrong doing, doesn't even pretend to step down, still hasn't addressed poo poo publicly

It's this.

If he posted an apology for failing the LGBT+ community on his watch, then it's on a forum very few people here can read. Just say sorry innominate, you absolute child.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

I wasn't around for that, so I'll have to take your word for it, but I have doubts. :3:

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
Good ceos:
Sesfan (#1)
Zapawork
Karttoon (for doing the needful)
Remedial (lol)

Bad Ceos:
Darius JOHNSON
mittens
Remedial (libertarian)

Samuel L. Hacksaw fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Jul 15, 2022

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

They say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day.
yeah the more i read these goonfleet dot com posts and read elysium the more i realize there will not be another cultural revolution and goonswarm cannot be saved, it must be phoenix'd

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

Good ceos:
Sesfan (#1)
Zapawork

Bad Ceos:
Darius JOHNSON
mittens

where's remedial?

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN

Zapa work best work

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Zodium posted:

I wasn't around for that, so I'll have to take your word for it, but I have doubts. :3:

zapawork was far too busy being my irl boss and was never really that kind of guy, also there was no mittani at the time so

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

zapawork was far too busy being my irl boss and was never really that kind of guy, also there was no mittani at the time so

Probably explains why he didn't want anything to do with me in '16.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Kesper North posted:

:sigh:

Atrum of all people currently in leadership you seem to be a standup guy who is trying to act in good faith here. I applaud you for this but I gotta keep bringing it back to the reality of how systemic abuse plays out in corporate environments.

Again, as an infosec guy who advises large enterprises on how to deal with insider threats:

If the abuser has control of the IT infrastructure, they have the ability to create, alter and delete records. That means your sources of truth can't be trusted, or will at minimum require forensic analysis to be deemed trustworthy.

Innominate may "no longer be handling anything for line members of the alliance" - but as an IT/infrastructure administrator, he has the power to - as a purely hypothetical example - delete database records pertaining to an active sexual harassment case that got swept under the rug for months on end because it would be embarrassing.

You need to get these fuckers out of your infrastructure entirely or they'll just bed down again.

:emptyquote:

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Atrum for CEO

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

Mr. Grinch posted:

i just realized that when matterall accused mittens of fostering an army of alt right dipshits to worship him unquestioningly he was absolutely right, if elysium and the goonfleet thread is any indication

Yeah but gently caress matterall

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

Dalmuti posted:

where's remedial?

Same thing wonders the state of New Hampshire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

Good ceos:
Sesfan (#1)
Zapawork

Bad Ceos:
Darius JOHNSON
mittens

scavok was ceo for like fifteen minutes, right? did i imagine that?