Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

That Little Demon posted:

yeah I did, its 143796 items and excel crashes when I open the document

lmao amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Mega64 posted:

Worst case is they get bored/distracted/whatever comes up and it gets abandoned which, whatever.

If someone wants to do a LP, putting in some effort, and not doing some hosed-up game, I don't see any reason to talk them out of it.

I think everyone should be talked out of an LP

Source: I did 4 of them

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

really queer Christmas posted:

I think everyone should be talked out of an LP

Source: I did 4 of them

I have also done four, and while I do not regret them holy poo poo am I not gonna do any more

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
I'm at 11 and my brain is already insisting it's time for number 12.

Help.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

I've done six but I don't want to talk about the first one so only five.

There are days I want to do another but usually I just end up wanting to redo some of my old ones in a better standard.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Underneath he has a velvet, yummy tummy you wish you could just stroke and squish all day! Ahh! But on top... On top it's a whole different story... On top he is a scary stiff stabber!
I've just checked the archive and I have 43 listed on there at the moment with some of those containing a series of games. I currently have two LPs on the go including another game series. There's an ever-growing folder with more games to potentially LP in the future and I already have two more game series planned after the current one is over. Please send help! :cripes:

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
I'm in the middle of my second, how anyone does more than three is beyond me.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

TeeQueue posted:

You just record yourself playing games and then rely on the natural charisma of your co-commentator to carry the LP.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Natural 20 posted:

You just record yourself playing games and then rely on the natural charisma of your co-commentator to carry the LP.

Ah, that explains why I haven't done more of them.

(Well that and no hard drive space for 200+ gigs of video footage.)

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

TeeQueue posted:

Quantity over quality, baby. :kamina:

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Cooked Auto posted:

You should've gone chronologically.

Thanks for reminding me to go check what CRPGAddict's been to in the recent months. He should've reached the good years by now.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME
There's two games I've been meaning to LP for a long time but it's going to have to be a video LP and I'm horrendously awkward/shy. :ohdear:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Vichan posted:

There's two games I've been meaning to LP for a long time but it's going to have to be a video LP and I'm horrendously awkward/shy. :ohdear:

A co-commentator can help with that.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

uhhhhh.... 2 solo LPs, one co-commentation and one part of a megathread.

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

I've had a couple I've wanted to do for years, but there's no way I can manage it with the time demands of my family.

Covski
Jun 24, 2007

Bringing the forums together with the greatest thread!
I should do a stupid LP again

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I abandon more LPs than I complete, therefore I've done negative LPs :c00lbert:

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
I finished all of mine. No reason to start another that might break the streak.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

Vichan posted:

My only video LP was subtitled. An especially rare choice these days, and kind of a pain in the rear end to write all the subtitle timings, but it did mean that I got to write in-character dialog without anyone having to hear me fail to voice act!

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

My only record is completing someone else's LP. What does that make my count? One half?

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Explosionface posted:

My only record is completing someone else's LP. What does that make my count? One half?

count it imo.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
15/26 LPs finished, not counting the three megathreads I started. That's a better track record than I was expecting!

The crazy thing is that's over a span of eleven years and they're all SSLPs.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
3 LPs done, 1 taken over from someone else, 1 in progress.

And exactly one of those five hadn't already been LP'd by someone else.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I have like seven finished LPs I need to email Baldurk about but I keep forgetting

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
I've only ever done one proper LP and that ended with my hard drive stopping working so I kind of figured that was some kind of a signal. I'm here to appreciate the work of others now, thankful for the many hours of free entertainment.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.
2 finished LPs, 2 I got close to the end of but haven't/won't finish, 1 I started but then left early on, and 1 in progress. Not the most stellar record...

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
2 done and the main thing stopping me from committing to a third is liking having my weekends back

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?

Danaru posted:

I have like seven finished LPs I need to email Baldurk about but I keep forgetting

I'd suggest waiting a moment, I just emailed him about seven of mine and I fear he might cry if we both hit him at once. :v:

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
4 finished LPs, co-commentated on 2, and 1 currently in progress. None abandoned but there were a few times I nearly rage quit over an LP cause of technical issues.

There’s also quite a few I worked as a “backstage technician” for and helped the LPers get some info and data about the games through giving text dumps or data mining whatever the hell makes number go up and etc..

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Jul 15, 2022

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

2 done, 1 technically done but waiting for a final update that ties it into the next game in the series (...which got delayed until 2023 lol), two in progress, list of like. 9-10 games I want to LP after that at least? I'm too anxious to stream by myself so LPing is my alternative lol

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Danaru posted:

Don't make me bring back the Dan and Grace Memorial Fight Club.

Also I have no idea how many LPs I finished because some were never put on the archive due to being poo poo.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

CirclMastr posted:

Don't make me bring back the Dan and Grace Memorial Fight Club.

Also I have no idea how many LPs I finished because some were never put on the archive due to being poo poo.

I consider anything that people were willing to keep replying to, as good enough to be archived.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

PurpleXVI posted:

I consider anything that people were willing to keep replying to, as good enough to be archived.

Nobody wants to revisit my Witcher series LP.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Underneath he has a velvet, yummy tummy you wish you could just stroke and squish all day! Ahh! But on top... On top it's a whole different story... On top he is a scary stiff stabber!
I forgot to mention that I started and abandoned 2 SSLPs around 7 years ago. I really want to SSLP a particular game, but it's going to pretty much involve writing a novella to even prep for it and my writing abilities are less than stellar.

I might start making notes and then maybe one day I will have a third abandoned SSLP added to the list.

Edit: I also have one co-commentary spell under my belt. I'd like to do more but my free time is limited now I have a second child.

Rocket Baby Dolls fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Jul 15, 2022

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I have one that was part of someone else's LP thread (it was a challenge thing), and I'm the only one that finished. I have no idea how to submit it.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

I've done 18 LPs and halfway through 19, but half of those were slightly cringey video LPs, so they don't really count. Maybe a little.

I've also got plans for like 10+ more LPs so maybe in the next two decades I could get around to it. I think that'll be fine, right?

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Crosspeice posted:

I've done 18 LPs and halfway through 19, but half of those were slightly cringey video LPs, so they don't really count. Maybe a little.

I've also got plans for like 10+ more LPs so maybe in the next two decades I could get around to it. I think that'll be fine, right?

You've been registered on the forum for almost 9 years, tripling that figure should be a cinch!

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

I had an idea last night of wanting to redo my HAWX LP's but using the Rafale Chill music for some reason. Just because I still hate the game's original soundtrack and would want to swap out the music even if I'd do voiced commentary.
Also looking back at my subtitle commentary just fills me with a sense of dread as some of that stuff has not aged with any kind of grace.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
LP Master List has 25 LPs of mine listed... 2 abandoned... 1 of which I am trying again. :thunk:

But I may or may not have more? I dunno! There are some spots in the Master List for sure as it's dependent on SALP goons updating them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
The master list is incredibly dilapidated, yes.