Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Gnossiennes posted:

lol goodbye to my housing dreams

Imagine I posted every "screams internally" meme you've ever seen.

I feel your pain friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Gnossiennes posted:

A friend of mine was looking at a plot in the Goblet where the rest of my FC is. As of yesterday he was the only bidder there.

Today: 4 bidders, winning number is 4. He hasn't logged on yet to check but I assume those aren't randomly assigned?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Bruceski posted:

A friend of mine was looking at a plot in the Goblet where the rest of my FC is. As of yesterday he was the only bidder there.

Today: 4 bidders, winning number is 4. He hasn't logged on yet to check but I assume those aren't randomly assigned?

No, sadly. The winning number corresponds to the entry number, so the 4th person who entered will be the winner. I don't think anyone on anything other than the most lightly populated servers got an uncontested plot - I did an extensive survey of Empyreum yesterday on Gilgamesh, and all the single entry plots were a minimum of 3 by the time I entered this morning.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Vermain posted:

No, sadly. The winning number corresponds to the entry number, so the 4th person who entered will be the winner. I don't think anyone on anything other than the most lightly populated servers got an uncontested plot - I did an extensive survey of Empyreum yesterday on Gilgamesh, and all the single entry plots were a minimum of 3 by the time I entered this morning.

We had our hopes up since the meme is nobody lives in the Goblet willingly, ah well.

I used up a lifetime of luck a year ago when I said "huh, what's that gavel on the map mean" and just wandered over and bought a house.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Bruceski posted:

No, numbered entered. Your friend didn't win :(

Beat Iike Lahabrea

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Gnossiennes posted:

I keep trying for a place in Shirogane and I keep losing.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
I would willingly live in the goblet, but it is all gone except a small plot in fc ward 3. Balmung where us goblet wanting weirdos all live I guess

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Free houses in the Goblet? I wish. Participant 34 won, I was 61, I dunno what the cap was because my eyes glaze over and I just take my gil back and teleport out as fast as I can because I hate Housing Day.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Doomykins posted:

Free houses in the Goblet? I wish. Participant 34 won, I was 61, I dunno what the cap was because my eyes glaze over and I just take my gil back and teleport out as fast as I can because I hate Housing Day.

It really is soul crushing. They have the servers to give is all a godddamn island give us instanced housing for fucks sake

No I'm not mad. I'm not mad I scream as I beg passerbys for spare gil, asking them if they remember when I saved the star

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

HackensackBackpack posted:

I keep trying for a place in Shirogane and I keep losing.

:same:

Even with the expanded lots, there was literally only one open one left on my server

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

They might open up a few more wards in Empyreum, but I think that, realistically, the best bet for anyone who still wants a house is to wait for one of the new servers to launch and then jump ship to there. I'm still holding out hope for large size apartments, but I guess we'll see what Island Sanctuary actually entails first.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Vermain posted:

They might open up a few more wards in Empyreum, but I think that, realistically, the best bet for anyone who still wants a house is to wait for one of the new servers to launch and then jump ship to there. I'm still holding out hope for large size apartments, but I guess we'll see what Island Sanctuary actually entails first.

I know you aren't like advocating for that so please don't take me wrong when I say how loving ridiculous that fact is. Why should anyone have to hop servers to get a house? They can add more. They have the servers to add more.

Everyone's getting there own customizable "base of operation" on a private island but we can't each have a house?

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

aren't the number of wards kept even between districts? don't think they'll add new wards to one without matching that number in the other four.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Maybe they'll turn housing decay back on.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
They need a Calamity event where an even-lesser moon is going to strike the housing zones and nothing else. Are we bad enough dudes to prevent the destruction of everyone's house?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

sassassin posted:

They need a Calamity event where an even-lesser moon is going to strike the housing zones and nothing else. Are we bad enough dudes to prevent the destruction of everyone's house?

Let them all burn I say

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
Rezone for nicer apartments. With more than one room, and balconies!

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Finally got her 'official' pictures so y'all get to see her again :v:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CgAhzYtuHAX
(Technically 6.0 spoilers)

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
ive come up with the most chaotic move for SE

add a title you only have while not owning a home

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Countblanc posted:

<Murder Hobo>

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

You have unlocked WoLotype HoboWoL

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Picked a plot that only had one other person bidding on it. So I was number 2. Went to bed. Checked the plot today: the winning number is... 3! :sigh:

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
tbh i don't mind too much about not having housing personally (especially with the island coming) except there's like actual functional mechanics like garden plots and submarine voyages that you just don't get to interact with unless you're in a fc that lets you gently caress with all that

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

how much content has been added since 6.0? I'm trying to decide whether it's time for me to dip back in yet

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

grieving for Gandalf posted:

how much content has been added since 6.0? I'm trying to decide whether it's time for me to dip back in yet

A new dungeon, the first 24-man raid, and the first tribe for Endwalker.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Countblanc posted:

Add a title for renting out your house from at least a year.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Regalingualius posted:

A new dungeon, the first 24-man raid, and the first tribe for Endwalker.

maybe it's time...

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

I was one of three bidders on the plot I chose to bid on, so better odds than the last few cycles. but still, that's a lot of people remaining who didn't get plots.

i'm happy for the new houseowners from this, but i'm still definitely salty about it overall, because boy do the odds get bad now for everyone else :(

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

grieving for Gandalf posted:

maybe it's time...

Wait like a month and you can do the 6.2 MSQ as well.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Gnossiennes posted:

I was one of three bidders on the plot I chose to bid on, so better odds than the last few cycles. but still, that's a lot of people remaining who didn't get plots.

i'm happy for the new houseowners from this, but i'm still definitely salty about it overall, because boy do the odds get bad now for everyone else :(

Yeah. Definitely. Had 3 people in my FC trying for plots. No one won. :negative:

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

When I signed up for my plot I was number 5. I woke up today to find my number was 17 and I did not get it.

The housing crisis continues unabated.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Robo Reagan posted:

they need to bite the bullet and add PvP style combo buttons to PvE. It'll free up space and keep my fingers from bleeding

I use the mod for this and generally like it, but it does make it tougher to figure out exactly where you are in combo and I find it is particularly terrible on DRG with its longer combos and the need to know which attack you're doing for positionals and life surge.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
My jobs look like this now. I don't know why they all stall out in the 60s. Maybe because Bozja and pixie dailies accelerates everything that hits the 70s, but i don't know why SB levelling feels so much slower than HW.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

No Dignity posted:

I would actually like higher incoming damage in regular content, but maybe criterion dungeons will be good for that? Idk I rolled healer to play a healer, if you want to shoot loads of big number lasers... *gestures at half the job roles*

If they are anything like the other high-end content in the game, no shot. Unironically the only fight that has actual triage healing this expansion is Unreal Ultima's Bane which is hilarious, the healing paradigm has changed so much in 8 years.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Edmond Dantes posted:

Finally got her 'official' pictures so y'all get to see her again :v:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CgAhzYtuHAX
(Technically 6.0 spoilers)

this is legit one of the prettiest tattoos ive ever seen :swoon:

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Kerrzhe posted:

this is legit one of the prettiest tattoos ive ever seen :swoon:

It really is. Anybody could look at that and go 'goddamn that's beautiful'.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

flatluigi posted:

tbh i don't mind too much about not having housing personally (especially with the island coming) except there's like actual functional mechanics like garden plots and submarine voyages that you just don't get to interact with unless you're in a fc that lets you gently caress with all that

These features are stuff most homeowners don't touch cuz its honestly nothing. You aren't missing anything

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Firebert posted:

If they are anything like the other high-end content in the game, no shot. Unironically the only fight that has actual triage healing this expansion is Unreal Ultima's Bane which is hilarious, the healing paradigm has changed so much in 8 years.

is it really triage healing if it’s just that the fight is such a joke that you can heal extremely sloppy pulls to a clear

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

Thundarr posted:

The people doing lower level ADR aren't very good either. Yesterday I was in a Void Ark where we drat near had a full wipe due to nobody touching Cuchulainn's balls. (Two tanks survived and whittled down the last 4% or so of his HP). I don't think I've seen that happen since that raid was brand new.

The rest of the fights all took 20-30% longer than they usually do due to very low overall damage output. If we'd been in Syrcus Tower we might have actually seen Glasya summon the bots.

it's funny because you can actually kill cuchulainn before then if your DPS tunnel vision. his shield in the flan phase is even called Stoneskin, and operates like a stoneskin used to, it can be damaged through if a few dps tunnelvision him. This was even possible in HW with its much lower player output because void ark was tuned so low.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

I imagine the island sanctuary is going to do the same trick the inn room does, where technically there's only one instance of it, or I guess like 2 or 3 if it's crowded.

I guess that might be harder to do since it sounds like it will be possible to set things up there.