Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I thought it meant I could get a pin/win over Suzuki. I would have been over the moon if that were the case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Gonna beat the poo poo out of all the young boys on my way to Suzuki's store to beat him at rock paper scissors

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

2000 Portland Conference Finals and 2002 Sacramento Conference Finals

karmicknight fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Jul 15, 2022

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Mr. Squishy posted:

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1547957262316015617

RIP that guy, but also check out his cool photographs.

drat, i saw one of her photobooks in a barnes and nobles years ago, i would have bought it but i was supposed to be in school at the time instead of at the mall

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

I'm going to go make Minoru Suzuki my bitch and win one of those pins

drat, John Romero still posts here?

Animale
Sep 30, 2009

This is how Brazo de Plata turned into Super Porky.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Extremely online Tony having none of it

https://twitter.com/TonyKhan/status/1547761715336466434

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

pretty sure the "issue" was that people assumed starks wasn't the legal man, but you clearly see hobbs dragging matt's body over to starks so they can get in.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

KungFu Grip posted:

drat, i saw one of her photobooks in a barnes and nobles years ago, i would have bought it but i was supposed to be in school at the time instead of at the mall

I'm sorry for misgendering the Lourdes Grobet. Assumptions shining through as I post from the hip.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

I'm going to go make Minoru Suzuki my bitch

You've got guts, GWB.

Granted, they're soon to be plastered all over the front of his shop, but you've got them.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

DLC Inc posted:

pretty sure the "issue" was that people assumed starks wasn't the legal man, but you clearly see hobbs dragging matt's body over to starks so they can get in.

Well, the issue is Hobbs tagged Ricky, he didn't make Matt tag him. I think Hobbs just botched the spot. But it's fine, the Bucks can use it to bitch for a rematch at some point.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

MJeff posted:

Well, the issue is Hobbs tagged Ricky, he didn't make Matt tag him. I think Hobbs just botched the spot. But it's fine, the Bucks can use it to bitch for a rematch at some point.

I believe everyone was working around Matt who received a stinger early in the match. But I certainly had no problem w/ the match getting chaotic as Rick Knox was taking a nap at the time. The competitors aren't meant to bean each other w/ belts either.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

I'm afraid that due to the controversy surrounding the legal man in last night's three way tag title match, the champs will have to be stripped of their titles three teams will have to run it back in another banger next week :unsmigghh:

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Are you saying Rick Knox doesn't pay attention in big multi-man tags??? :shocked pikachu: :v:

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Pinwiz11 posted:

Are you saying Rick Knox doesn't pay attention in big multi-man tags??? :shocked pikachu: :v:

Someone on our Discord said it should been a tornado match and I told them Knox is the referee, it'll get there soon enough.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Aw that's a bummer. I have their Family Portraits book and it's cool as hell.

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
A bit late to the discourse but perhaps Giant Baba's beliefs about homosexuality and weightlifting were because he was a big Mishima historian.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Giant Stabba

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
It always baffles me how many people don’t realize with Knox is that by him being a bad ref it makes him a great ref. The reason they put him in the multi man matches is because he’s very good at guiding the action and allowing insane multi man spots to take place. The people online who are all about pro wrestling rules though are the most annoying fans in the world.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

if you're complaining about the legal man you're no better than Jim Ross

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Sticky Nate posted:

if you're complaining about the legal man you're no better than Jim Ross

But see it’s Jim Ross’ job to point that out. If you’re doing it for free? Yikes.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Who gives a gently caress about rules in a fake sport.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
The rules should always be whatever makes the match work better.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
people making GBS threads on rick knox for being a bad ref are playing along with keyfabe imo. guy is extremely easy to get around and that's on purpose

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

yah exactly i think knox is a great ref but i still yell at him when hes blind!

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I was at Full Gear 2019 and we chanted REF YOU SUCK at Rick Knox during PnP vs Young Bucks and it ruled

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Suplex Liberace posted:

People here get it. It’s just people in other worlds of the internet who will lose their minds with him. It’s so weird. Yelling come on ref at a wrestling show is one of life’s true joys though.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

when i went to pwg everyone loved rick knox and would hoot and holler for him and they all hated a fat guy named justin and would say 'gently caress you justin' etc.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON

Suplex Liberace posted:

C'MON REF

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

That DICK! posted:

when i went to pwg everyone loved rick knox and would hoot and holler for him and they all hated a fat guy named justin and would say 'gently caress you justin' etc.

Yeah we would always yell at knox to climb over the top rope like the monster he is.

Justin as the most hated ref in Southern California is just fun. His voice cracked at 6 when he was counting to ten once so now when he gets to six everyone says it in a high pitched cracking voice.

The_Rob fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Jul 15, 2022

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

inthesto posted:

I was at Full Gear 2019 and we chanted REF YOU SUCK at Rick Knox during PnP vs Young Bucks and it ruled

I was at the debut of dynamite and tried my best when earl hebner came out to start a “you screwed bret” chant but it never spread past my immediate section.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
Sakura Hirota's kids have big aspirations.

https://twitter.com/sakurahirota/status/1544786948988223488

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

inthesto posted:

This is slander against the good name of Rick "On The Take" Knox

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Daunte Vicknabb posted:

A bit late to the discourse but perhaps Giant Baba's beliefs about homosexuality and weightlifting were because he was a big Mishima historian.

Hm? Someone say Mishima?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Nipponophile posted:

Hm? Someone say Mishima?

All I know is Mishima a life in four chapters is an incredible film and has my favorite Phillip glass score.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

The_Rob posted:

People here get it. It’s just people in other worlds of the internet who will lose their minds with him. It’s so weird. Yelling come on ref at a wrestling show is one of life’s true joys though.

Oh boy then don't read up on the Cult of Cornette zombies and their takes on Aubrey then

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

stab posted:

Oh boy then don't read up on the Cult of Cornette zombies and their takes on Aubrey then

Wait, are you implying that Cornette and his listeners have some sort of problem with a woman? What are the odds?

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All

The_Rob posted:

Yeah we would always yell at knox to climb over the top rope like the monster he is.

Justin as the most hated ref in Southern California is just fun. His voice cracked at 6 when he was counting to ten once so now when he gets to six everyone says it in a high pitched cracking voice.

This is exactly like one of the refs are DEFY that everyone has always hated and I have no idea why but gently caress that guy

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

stab posted:

I'm guessing her having red lipstick and not taking poo poo are disliked.

It's kind of amazing they have so many great characterful zebras in aew.
https://twitter.com/dabryceisright/status/1547592818004070410?s=20&t=lUarwxoq6LbCXu7ELR2ocg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/kiddbanditpro/status/1548017743764414466