Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
What do you mod an iPod to do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Rolo posted:

ignore reports, mostly

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Rolo posted:

Increase the battery size, play lossless files with custom firmware, increase storage capacity (and reliability because the hard drive is always the part that fails first) by replacing the hard drive with a microSD adapter board, change the cases to custom colours and capacities to match whatever size SD card you shoved in it. Front cases are kinda ehh (there's only been 4-5 colour options for years now) but back cases can get really crazy with colours and custom capacities and people who make them will often have an option to custom engrave it so the serial number is still correct. If you have a plastic front case one you can make it transparent as well and there are people who've made bluetooth mods which are a bit more involved and require soldering. A lot of the other mods are fairly easy to do, just screws and ribbon cables. I have a 5th gen iPod I modded to 128gb and also shoved a slightly larger capacity battery into, I also had to replace the headphone jack since I cut the cable by mistake while opening it, but that's not a hard or expensive part to replace and the old one was a bit iffy anyway. Also the headphone jack and lock switch are the same part so the lock switch is nice and stiff now.

njsykora has a new favorite as of 14:53 on Jul 13, 2022

mystes
May 31, 2006

The russians used a cellphone

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat

mystes posted:

The russians stole a cellphone

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I just use a Creative Zen

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal
New tires since they were almost half off. Unfortunately my name is not Ralph, but I think I can still use them.

e: VVV :dudsmile:

Wifi Toilet has a new favorite as of 00:27 on Jul 16, 2022

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Oh poo poo if they're almost half off you should probably re-mount them properly.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Wifi Toilet posted:

New tires since they were almost half off. Unfortunately my name is not Ralph, but I think I can still use them.

e: VVV :dudsmile:

if they're half off is this your bike

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PX3A7GLtFqM

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

The most expensive kitchen appliance I have, aside from an accumulation of knives. Hoping to make some morning smoothies.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

obi_ant posted:

The most expensive kitchen appliance I have, aside from an accumulation of knives. Hoping to make some morning smoothies.

Don't sell yourself short, make dinner smoothies too

widefault
Mar 16, 2009
A numbered photo of Emmylou Harris

A print of a Gary Saderup drawing of Eric Clapton

And a new bright pink guitar strap that was so I could retire my 27 year old one on the left, but the new one kinda sucks because it's too slippery

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Finally managed to find this particular edition of Münchhausen with Doré's illustrations, with the dust jacket intact:

(Not that copy, mine should be in better condition but the photo was absolute crap.)

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Bought one of these, Mitsubishi FT-25 heat pump for my garage, no more direct electric.

widefault
Mar 16, 2009
Browsing ShopGoodwill.com as I do, looking for bad/interesting artwork and came across this, which arrived today.

Really looked familiar, and the name rung a bell, because back in April I bought this from the same Goodwill.

So because of who I am, I had to have both. And I do

FYI, Bonnie Rand died on 4/1/22 at 89 years old. I bought the first picture on 4/20/22. Didn't take long for her paintings to be dumped at Goodwill!

https://www.independent.com/obits/2022/05/05/bonnie-byrnes-rand/

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Bad rear end.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
I bought a very expensive way to play Pokémon Crystal. I needed no less than M2 to do it

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

I bought a very expensive way to play Pokémon Crystal. I needed no less than M2 to do it

Is that the new MacBook Air? Or Pro? Can’t tell.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

Coredump posted:

Is that the new MacBook Air? Or Pro? Can’t tell.

New Air

Valency
Feb 3, 2010

HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT

I got tired of sitting weird in a chair with an armrest when playing, got myself a proper music throne. It's comfy!

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Want. I want one in the new black color. But I've been trying to decide between a 13" laptop with a 6600u so that was looking to be a Lenovo or the new Macbook Air. Then I saw the black color and that sealed the deal for me.

njsykora posted:

Increase the battery size, play lossless files with custom firmware, increase storage capacity (and reliability because the hard drive is always the part that fails first) by replacing the hard drive with a microSD adapter board, change the cases to custom colours and capacities to match whatever size SD card you shoved in it. Front cases are kinda ehh (there's only been 4-5 colour options for years now) but back cases can get really crazy with colours and custom capacities and people who make them will often have an option to custom engrave it so the serial number is still correct. If you have a plastic front case one you can make it transparent as well and there are people who've made bluetooth mods which are a bit more involved and require soldering. A lot of the other mods are fairly easy to do, just screws and ribbon cables. I have a 5th gen iPod I modded to 128gb and also shoved a slightly larger capacity battery into, I also had to replace the headphone jack since I cut the cable by mistake while opening it, but that's not a hard or expensive part to replace and the old one was a bit iffy anyway. Also the headphone jack and lock switch are the same part so the lock switch is nice and stiff now.

Ok that rainbow back is awesome.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
I ordered my new company car cargo bike. I had the opportunity to try it around my house and it was a blast. The kids love it too. I was even able to climb our 30% slope street without a sweat. It's extremely fun to ride.

Tern GSD S00

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Got some 8 dollar lawn tickets to see Atmosphere. Gonna get drunk and chill out.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
My dude you can sit on your lawn and see the atmosphere for free

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

My dude you can sit on your lawn and see the atmosphere for free

But the Atmosphere at home doesn't drop sick rhymes.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Show was so so, spent 1,500% the ticket price on stupid fees, beers and a hot dog.

Hail satan.

rekko
Jul 24, 2022

〜✧・♡・★〜🌟💗・♥・💗🌟〜★・♡・✧〜
❗スゴイ❗
So I saw this cute bikini and I really love orange and bold geometric patterns and I bought it

and then I went a little crazy because they had this matching terry top that I needed

and then also this one cus I liked that it looks shorter and might show off the bottoms even when I was wearing it and also it matched the color closer. And then also the matching shorts for that ...

And THEN I saw another shirt I really liked because again bold pattern and had to have THAT one and matching shorts for it

and also matching espadrilles, which I was super excited about

And then I briefly regretted it, because that was a lot, and then it passed, because it's all really cute, and it's terry which I love and also I can use some of it as room wear at home not just at the beach or pool, and I wanted it and regret is not how I operate.

And now I'm going to find a big wide floppy hat.

rekko has a new favorite as of 04:42 on Jul 30, 2022

widefault
Mar 16, 2009
Another week, another bunch of things I might keep or might resell.

1995 Squier VN-serial number Stratocaster. Made in Korea, these seem to have gone up in value and this was cheap enough I could possibly double my money if I sell.

Hondo Professional H-1090, a Japanese copy of a Fender Telecaster made by Tokai around 1980. True story, when I ordered this all I had to go off was a description that said "GUITAR W/CASE-HONDO II PRO" and a $95 price tag with $26.70 shipping. I had a hunch and it paid off, these normally sell in the $5-600 range. I may have screamed a little when I opened the case. Needs a little work, but I am thrilled. This is a keeper.

Hondo Professional H-1100, Japanese copy of a Fender Stratocaster made by Tokay around 1979. Actually ordered before the one above, but arrived after and I knew what it was going to be. In a great coincidence, they have the same 3 color sunburst finish. This one is also a keeper.

60's DeArmond "Mustache" Goldtone guitar pickup. I used to have a stash of these I had picked up over the years, but sold them off like an idiot. Now I have some projects and could use a few, so I'm grabbing them when they're cheap.

And a dirty, nasty, gross Mach1 Les Paul copy that has been turned into a 2-string bass. I could clean it up and swap it back to a guitar, or try to flip as is, or keep it. Not sure which I'll go for yet.

I've also picked up two more multi-guitar racks, which somehow don't have any guitars on them yet. The really important thing is I've also sold 8 guitars in the last month.

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!

rekko posted:

And now I'm going to find a big wide floppy hat.
:hmmyes:

Deathslinger
Jul 12, 2022

I've been trying to get hold of a copy of Knightmare Chess for ages, but it's not available from the SJ Games website in the UK due to Brexit. Ended up paying £50 for a second-hand copy on eBay. It's still a lot for what is essentially a deck of cards, but it's my best option for acquiring it.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

TotalLossBrain posted:

I left the old tank water heater in place as a tempering tank for our cold groundwater. It's turned off, it just needs to store cold incoming water and warm it to basement ambient temperature before it goes into the tankless heater.

Isn't this how you get legionnaires?

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Bought a hat

An air tool

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Rolo posted:

Show was so so, spent 1,500% the ticket price on stupid fees, beers and a hot dog.

Hail satan.

More venues should add a fee for stupid people.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I was browsing the web drunk last night and came across a book I wanted (Sovjet logo), and went on Adlibris to buy it.

Apparently I had other books in my shopping cart from earlier but was too messed up to notice. (Read the confirmation e-mail just now.)

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

3D Megadoodoo posted:

More venues should add a fee for stupid people.

Stupid people need the most fees!

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

His Divine Shadow posted:

Bought a hat

An air tool

Is that a saw that runs on compressed air?

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Like an angle grinder except it runs on air and it's a straight grinder, angle grinder versions exists. Only takes a 3" disc with a 10mm arbor though. Disc seems to last longer than regular angle grinder discs.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I'm a huge idiot but I couldn't help myself:

...partly because this was the loving freebie:

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I'm a huge idiot but I couldn't help myself:

:chanpop:

3D Megadoodoo posted:

...partly because this was the loving freebie:

:captainpop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
LEGO has continued to be insanely cool. I went to target today and spotted these.

They made an Optimus Prime that loving transforms.

I ended up buying the X Wing because gently caress it, always wanted one but that Optimus, man that’s so cool to nerd-me.