Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

SPORT posted:

Barcelona have made a very firm decision with Frenkie de Jong - he must accept Manchester United’s offer and leave immediately, they have already informed him. He could even be left out of Barcelona’s pre-season tour if he refuses to leave.

Mess Of A Club

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
This is going to be great, United have a magnificent track record with expensive reluctant signings working out well

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

webmeister posted:

This is going to be great, United have a magnificent track record with expensive reluctant signings working out well

Think in this case he's reluctant because he knows he's never getting those wages back if he leaves

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
So wait Barca are going to get an absolute mess of money for Frenkie and they’re just not going to use part of that money to pay him what they owe him?

Nis
Feb 21, 2011

:allears:

tbp posted:

if theres any interest i could do a thread on their annual report when its out in english. i read through the 20/21 one and its fairly grim, but its hard to tell how much worse it is due to COVID. barca also have a bunch of long-term debt becoming current within the year and its not like this is a particularly great time to restructure that lol.

for a heuristic, apparently their debt is bbb-, which is one step above junk

yes please!

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

blue footed boobie posted:

So wait Barca are going to get an absolute mess of money for Frenkie and they’re just not going to use part of that money to pay him what they owe him?

You've cracked the code OP.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Shrapnig posted:

You've cracked the code OP.

lol Jesus. I think I had just assumed they were asking United to pay him. That’s hilarious.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
I hope De Jong does what's right and stays at Barcelona to gently caress them over

Shroud
May 11, 2009

blue footed boobie posted:

Mes que un lever.

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008

Total Meatlove posted:

Lol.

Ajax can gently caress off trying to buy Bassey and then gently caress off some more. Or pay a large amount of money.

Brighton are being linked with Bassey but imagine it would only happen if City drive a dump truck full of money to us for Cucurella.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

deletebeepbeepbeep posted:

Brighton are being linked with Bassey but imagine it would only happen if City drive a dump truck full of money to us for Cucurella.

Seems that way, would do well for the City and Brighton stuff to get sorted early so a proper bidding war can start.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Vinestalk posted:

I hope De Jong does what's right and stays at Barcelona to gently caress them over

Much as I want the signing to be done, I'd accept this as the alternative outcome

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

Much as I want the signing to be done, I'd accept this as the alternative outcome

Hell, same.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
I wonder if he is just stalling over the money owed and wouldn't mind going, or actually really wants to stay. lol at the prospect of going to United being worse than playing for a club that tried to steal millions of euros from you

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Presumably he prefers to be paid what he’s owned and then still get to gently caress off to a club that’ll pay him more money.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Wayne Hennessey's gone to forest to continue his nazi education

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Rangers have signed a yank to play attacking midfield from Germany and it’s the 90’s again and I’m 15 stone lighter.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

the sex ghost posted:

Wayne Hennessey's gone to forest to continue his nazi education
he can hang around warhammer world for a while

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Looks like spence is finally happening.

https://twitter.com/SkySportsLyall/status/1547853853759918080

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Paperhouse posted:

I wonder if he is just stalling over the money owed and wouldn't mind going, or actually really wants to stay. lol at the prospect of going to United being worse than playing for a club that tried to steal millions of euros from you

the suggestions I've seen seem to be that

"nice leedsman you just signed, sure would be a shame if you couldn't register him because I sat out the remainder of my contract at winston bogarde's house"

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Can’t even claim he’s not coming into training if the lights are all out at La Masia and no one’s paid the gas bill.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/ManUtd/status/1547944083800223745

Bold it

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

the sex ghost posted:

Think in this case he's reluctant because he knows he's never getting those wages back if he leaves

Also you know, swapping UCL for EL and sunny spain for perma grey Manchester.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
https://twitter.com/AberdeenFC/status/1547959596920188930?s=20&t=fHrR6KN_2bY1rXs4nNeEyQ

Wonder how Luis will adapt to the Scottish game...

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Finally, United has a #10 who used to be good

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Total Meatlove posted:

Rangers have signed a yank to play attacking midfield from Germany and it’s the 90’s again and I’m 15 stone lighter.

Who

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Raudio Clenya

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Malik Tillman, another “lived his whole life in Germany but is USMNT eligible” dude

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 17 days!

trem_two posted:

Malik Tillman, another “lived his whole life in Germany but is USMNT eligible” dude

of course he's eligible, he's the lit LA milkman

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1548070876150521858

id on't get where barcelona are getting this 50 mil

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Doctor Teeth posted:

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1548070876150521858

id on't get where barcelona are getting this 50 mil

They don’t have it. How the gently caress are they fleecing this many players.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
What's especially weird to me is obviously Barça is no stranger to splashing the cash or signing big names - but this many players in the span of a +/- year, quite a few of which are coming from other big clubs and on free transfers i.e. their wages are going to be astronomical.

Like they clearly can't even pay De Jong or incredibly long-serving players/captain like Pique - how in the gently caress can they do with multiple international players?

e: getting sucked into reading through Transmarkt and among many others, lol'ing at them paying €40M for a lightly used Paulinho who Spurs had paid €12M for 2 seasons earlier as part of the Gary Bale windfall

sticksy fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Jul 16, 2022

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew
Also lol @ them trying to strongarm Frenkie de Jong into leaving millions on the table with one hand and throwing the money at players that they presumably can't even register with the other.

The whole thing just looks increasingly bizarre to me.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Aren't they basically buying on credit, and probably paying in instalments? Living like temporarily embarrassed billionaires, got to walk the walk so nobody will figure out they're totally broke.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Arsenal are signing another central midfielder who has been masquerading as a left back to win the Premier League four times.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/jul/16/arsenal-reach-verbal-agreement-to-sign-oleksandr-zinchenko-manchester-city

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
They have sold a decent portion of their future tv rights money. It all seems insane to me.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
They also selling off 25% of future tv rights at like usurious rates.

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 17 days!
Lewa on his way to Barca, who have unlimited money

https://twitter.com/kerry_hau/status/1548247976077717506?s=21&t=_jOFhBkcoQFvfm2Tpzy4xw

whostolemyhat
Jan 15, 2014

So Barca's strikers are now a 33 year old, a 34 year old and a former Middlesbrough player? Not only are they spending money they don't have, they're not even spending it well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Eriksen is good