Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

Away all Goats posted:

Yeah Brenner is 100% more involved in his "Children" than it seems. We never find out the Creel mother's sins and there are theories that she cheated on her husband with Brenner and may actually be 01's father.

When I first watched the show I actually thought Brenner was Eleven's father for a bit because I misunderstood Becky telling Hop/Joyce all about what happened. She says "Terry got pregnant" and for some reason I thought Terry was sleeping with Brenner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Sockser posted:

Every time poo poo starts going down, Steve immediately finds the nearest bat-like object

Steve is the girl who survives at the end of a horror movie

It’s can’t be a coincidence that in the season partly set in Soviet Russia, the bat-like objects immediately find Steve

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I was just remembering Steve had a great moment in s1 or s2 when he uses a spiked bat to gently caress up some monster, and wondering why soldierswith guns were doing worse against the same kind of monster.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

redreader posted:

I was just remembering Steve had a great moment in s1 or s2 when he uses a spiked bat to gently caress up some monster, and wondering why soldierswith guns were doing worse against the same kind of monster.

In S1 he goes to town on the Demogorgon with the spiked bat, doing enough damage to scare it off at least. Very cool moment, even though that makes the monster seem way less threatening than the murder machine the Russians were feeding prisoners to.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
It's a +1 bat, which is enough to defeat the Demogorgon's DR/+1 duh :rolleyes:

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I think that was after they burned it up and closed a bear trap on it, plus it was weak from being out of its element and eating irregularly. The one in this season seems bigger.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Nail bat has great damage and crit chance. Steve can't use any materia tho!!!

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Demodogs are just immune to ranged attacks. Close combat damage from Bats & Swords provide damage and fire weapons give critical damage.

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

Mons Hubris posted:

It’s can’t be a coincidence that in the season partly set in Soviet Russia, the bat-like objects immediately find Steve

Proposal: Stranger Things in the Shadows. It’s Stranger Things, only every time a bat appears on screen, we hear Matt Berry saying “Bat!”

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
It's stupid as hell that the Demogorgon is seemingly bulletproof but can have its limbs chopped off by a lovely sword

Yeah that scene was pretty cool and if the feds and Russians could just drop it with automatic gunfire that would be pretty boring it's still very silly

Anyway, it seems to me like the only way to permanently kill Vecna is for Eleven to go into the Upside Down and kill his physical form

It just occurred to me that Eleven has never actually been in the Upside Down, only the in between

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

I doubt they've settled on the final rules to kill Vecna yet, it's likely going to be contrived and arbitrary in some way. Heck, he should've suffered near brain damage fighting 11 on top of being physically immolated and shot up, but horror cliches and having another season meant he had to survive to loom over them.

He's probably going to be a lot stronger and 11 will likely need a training montage and a lot of help to finally defeat him, and I hope it's done with the perfect amount of 80s earnestness.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

It’s going to be all the main characters hitting him with a bat like the scene from Office Space

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

bobjr posted:

It’s going to be all the main characters hitting him with a bat like the scene from Office Space It

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Angela should've gotten hit a second time tbh

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

iamsosmrt posted:

I doubt they've settled on the final rules to kill Vecna yet, it's likely going to be contrived and arbitrary in some way. Heck, he should've suffered near brain damage fighting 11 on top of being physically immolated and shot up, but horror cliches and having another season meant he had to survive to loom over them.

He's probably going to be a lot stronger and 11 will likely need a training montage and a lot of help to finally defeat him, and I hope it's done with the perfect amount of 80s earnestness.

I guess it’s getting less likely that there will be a Rocky IV contest between Eleven and a soviet psychic teen.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Elephant Ambush posted:

a lovely sword

If it's good enough for Conan, it's good enough for Hopper.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

I AM GRANDO posted:

I guess it’s getting less likely that there will be a Rocky IV contest between Eleven and a soviet psychic teen.

Vecna is defeated in the premier, redeemed and then coldly murdered by the emotionless Soviet teen in the mid season finale. 11 trains in cold Russia with Yuri, Hop, Mike and Victor Creel.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

CainFortea posted:

If it's good enough for Conan, it's good enough for Hopper.

Was that the reference? I figured it had to be something and not just a random sword. This show does everything intentionally

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
I want 8 to come back

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

There must always be an Upside Down lichking now that Henry opened the box. I'd rather it be Will, but we all know it'll be 11 being the savior and ruling over the Scourge benevolently.

Asgerd
May 6, 2012

I worked up a powerful loneliness in my massive bed, in the massive dark.
Grimey Drawer

Elephant Ambush posted:

Was that the reference? I figured it had to be something and not just a random sword. This show does everything intentionally

According to David Harbour it was literally the same prop from the Schwarzenegger movie.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

I have now (finally) caught up. Everything I might have said has already been covered, though I would like to extend my deepest regards to their Russian equipment team for coming up with an An-2 Colt, Ka-26 Hoodlum, and an LPO-50 flamethrower.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

bobjr posted:

It’s going to be all the main characters hitting him with a batcue sticks like the scene from Office Space Shaun of the Dead.

Would be the wrong decade, but Queen supercede time and space.

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

Elephant Ambush posted:

I want 8 to come back

but-why.gif

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Obviously I'm late for Eddiechat, but:

The only thing that didn't work for me about him going out in the literally metal-est way possible was that he didn't get to meet Eleven, after hearing about his friends talk about "this girl with superpowers" and just sort of pressing the I Believe button. Like, they were setting us up for that scene multiple times and then not paying off.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Kaedric posted:

but-why.gif

Maybe they think this is the Dragon Ball thread and they love Android 8 as everyone should.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
It was incredibly stupid to kill off Eddie and they wrote it so that he died in the dumbest, most unnecessary way possible

Like I get that he had a thing for not wanting to run away but the writers made him pick the dumbest possible spot to do that in and he did it in a really stupid way

He would've been a really cool and helpful character in S5

Can't wait to see which new character they introduce in S5E1 that we can immediately identify as eventually joining Bob, Alexei, and Eddie in the final episode

Kaedric posted:

but-why.gif

Because she's connected to all this and she's cool and her powers would be helpful in taking down Vecna

Kali's whole thing was murdering people who used to work for Brenner but now that Brenner is dead she could rejoin her sister and bring her crew to Hawkins to help fight the Upside Down bat swarms or whatever

Elephant Ambush fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Jul 18, 2022

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Elephant Ambush posted:

Because she's connected to all this and she's cool and her powers would be helpful in taking down Vecna

Kali's whole thing was murdering people who used to work for Brenner but now that Brenner is dead she could rejoin her sister and bring her crew to Hawkins to help fight the Upside Down bat swarms or whatever

Hard agree. The episode devoted her her and her folks' adventures wasn't great but the character was cool and 11/the folks not even for a second (or hell even military guy that wants to kill 11/any surviving kids anyway) "oh hey maybe we should see what this other super powered escapee is up to!" is stupid.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

I hope Eddie comes back as like a chaotic good Upside-Down ghoul, basically non psychic Vecna who shred the guitar and can be a true DM for epic DND

Onomarchus
Jun 4, 2005

Madurai posted:

Eddiechat

Fun tidbit: his actor Joseph Quinn also played Catherine the Great's snotty son Paul in the HBO Catherine the Great miniseries a few years back. I can't recommend the production overall or just for him, though it's not outright bad. I didn't recognize him though, needed wikipedia. Range.

8/Kali is one of 4 living human(ish) characters in the 2 universes with Powers now, so there's a good chance she comes back on the show. But the writers should bring her back the way you bring back someone like Lonnie Byers, either for redemption (likely for Kali, note the powers) or for confrontation and telling off (likely for Will's dad, if they even bother having him back, like what El got with Brenner in S4). The show features tons of characters who face extreme difficulty or trauma and PTSD early in life and then does comparison and contrast on them to see how they turn out different. We have Eleven (of course), William (Will), William (Billy), Kali, Mike in S2, and now Max in S4. Hopper as an adult too. All have different approaches to it and outcomes, including two bad ones. Billy, awful as he could be, didn't seem to know how messed up he was. But Kali? She know's she's traumatized, knows Eleven's traumatized, and tempts Eleven with the prospect of healing their trauma together...by seeking revenge and killing people.

I guess I just made a case why she should come back on the show, but please not as a cool kid riding in to help save the day.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
Enjoyed season 4 and the only thing I desire in season 5 is for Ted Wheeler to get punched in the face. Hell, Vecna can do it and he's redeemed in my eyes.

Waffleopolis fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Jul 20, 2022

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Tender Bender posted:

I like how he whips the town into a satanic panic vigilante frenzy, and the only follow up to this is one guy calls the jocks when he sees the kids.

What a stupid storyline. Glad the last episode was 150 mins to resolve things like this and the Russia plot that went on too long

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

We never saw Eddie's body. If Hop can come back and El can cure death, sure Eddie can survive as a death metal corpse, why not

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Barreft posted:

We never saw Eddie's body. If Hop can come back and El can cure death, sure Eddie can survive as a death metal corpse, why not

Also Steve got chewed on by those bat things too and he was fine

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Away all Goats posted:

Also Steve got chewed on by those bat things too and he was fine

He will be back anyway just like Max's bro was this season. All this stuff is just a memory of everyone's memories. I hope it's more than a cameo though

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

There will be a reveal that Eddie was actually fine. And he discovered that he actually likes being in the underworld and those were his last words to Dustin . And that's why Dustin told Eddie's Dad that he went out a hero, even though Eddie is still alive and is now spying on Vecna's moves!

SLICK GOKU BABY fucked around with this message at 11:53 on Jul 20, 2022

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Eddie’s dead, baby. Eddie’s dead.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

TheBizzness posted:

Eddie’s dead, baby. Eddie’s dead.

:confused:

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

There will be a reveal that Eddie was actually fine. And he discovered that he actually likes being in the underworld and those were his last words to Mike. And that's why Mike told Eddie's Dad that he went out a hero, even though Eddie is still alive and is now spying on Vecna's moves!

That was Dustin my dude :eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Barreft posted:

Eddie comes back, only now he looks like Iron Maiden’s mascot Eddie.