Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

dead gay comedy forums posted:

good explanation, thanks

Honestly, besides unique OP men-at-arms (looking at you varangians), are armored infantry the "best" standard pick? Heavy cavalry is obviously great, but farmlands are rare and even rarer when you get a bunch of those close together in a region, not to mention that it requires quite a strong economy to sustain a proper force. I still have to try crossbowmen as well, which are apparently very good and tremendously cost-effective.

In my experience, it is. They are very strong and effective and their building can be built in almost any terrain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
I'm gonna come back in and vouch for alternative stuff like light cav:

The best MaA are siege weapons, the best win-fights thingie are knights who also lack pursuit, so if you wanna use those fun Konni go for it, just mix in some knight synergies. Having a pile of knights operating at enhanced efficiency can be done very quickly at low cost in an 867 start, like less than a generation and no duchy buildings needed, and totally wreck anything that AI tries to put against it. Leaves you with a lot of MaA slots, which are best used for siege weapons obviously, but you can also just splash in light cav to make sure nobody ever comes back after bouncing off of the knights.

Back of napkin maths says that 20 knights who average 25 prowess and operate at 300% is roughly equivalent to thirty heavy cav slots. Those numbers can go up...

Servetus
Apr 1, 2010
Light Cavalry does synergize well with Pastorialists Tradition (which should be Pastoralists but the typo is still there.)

+1 prowess for all characters of your culture, health bonus for all characters of your culture, -1% Light Cavalry Maintenance for every level of Pastoral Lands in one of your holdings, and +1% Holding tax for every two ranks of Pastoral Lands in that specific holding. Keeps the Light Cavalry cheap and makes knights of your culture slightly better.

I have tried the Hobilar swarm myself (4 stacks of Hobilars, the rest Siege equipment), and you tend to either retreat from battles with light losses due to high Screen, or completely exterminate enemy armies due to high pursuit. You are more dependent on your knights though.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

dead gay comedy forums posted:

Honestly, besides unique OP men-at-arms (looking at you varangians), are armored infantry the "best" standard pick? Heavy cavalry is obviously great, but farmlands are rare and even rarer when you get a bunch of those close together in a region, not to mention that it requires quite a strong economy to sustain a proper force. I still have to try crossbowmen as well, which are apparently very good and tremendously cost-effective.

Pretty much yeah. The lack of Farmlands isn't as much as a handicap as you might think for Heavy Cav, just them on their own are plenty powerful, one to two duchy buildings go a long way for them too since it's a percentage boost.

I've heard that the Archer line (Longbowmen in particular) are also really good, but I think that's mostly people talking about it from the old days when the buildings used to be flat increases, now that it's percentage I don't think it scales quite the same way. I've tried regular archers before and wasn't too impressed, but have not tried Crossbowmen.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Light Cavalry aint bad either, also goes well with the Strength in Numbers tradition

But all in all, MaA is so powerful you almost cant go wrong with it, except by mixing many types I guess, which seems by far the most innefective way of using them

I personally like making their stats crazy game-breaking high, so heavy infantry is cool cause you can easily have like +200% with a large domain

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Elias_Maluco posted:

But all in all, MaA is so powerful you almost cant go wrong with it, except by mixing many types I guess, which seems by far the most innefective way of using them

Even mixing isn't that bad, since even the worst MaA is still much better than levies. My current Dyre game I'm using a mix of Bondi and Vigmen, and still kicking rear end with them because they are so cheap that I can afford 2000 of them as a tribal era feudal ruler. It would be better to specialize and build the relevant buildings, etc. But just using MaA instead of levies is 90% of what you need to succeed.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Well, last time I played norse, I could afford 2000 varangian vets as a duke. You just have to raid a lot

edit: oh, I missed where you said *feudal*

edit 2: vvvvvvvv I was doing exactly that. Managed all the requirements to elevate Isle of Mann to kingdom with my first ruler, also conquering all Scotland and a good chunk of England. Its a pretty fun start

Elias_Maluco fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Jul 14, 2022

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Elias_Maluco posted:

Well, last time I played norse, I could afford 2000 varangian vets as a vassal tribal duke. You just have to raid a lot

yeah i had a ton of fun when i elevated the Isle of Mann and just had VV pouring out of my ears

i should do another Isle of Mann run it kicks so much rear end having as much development as Constantinople

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

^^^ when I ground out the "play until 1453" achievement I relocated to Iceland in the 1200s after getting Primo where I could just speed 5 and be left alone, I guess I left my Steward on Develop Province for 200 years because when I hit the 1400s the whole island was at >70 development :v:

Serephina posted:

Back of napkin maths says that 20 knights who average 25 prowess and operate at 300% is roughly equivalent to thirty heavy cav slots. Those numbers can go up...

That seems like a non-trivial amount of knight stuff to stack though? And dangerously a setup that threatens to degrade substantially on succession.

PittTheElder fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Jul 14, 2022

Servetus
Apr 1, 2010

verbal enema posted:

yeah i had a ton of fun when i elevated the Isle of Mann and just had VV pouring out of my ears

i should do another Isle of Mann run it kicks so much rear end having as much development as Constantinople

I'm sad to say almost all my runs start as Isle of Mann runs. Ivar the Boneless has to be my favorite character to start as.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Servetus posted:

I'm sad to say almost all my runs start as Isle of Mann runs. Ivar the Boneless has to be my favorite character to start as.

i always start as the vassel who owns the Isle so i can do my own thing while helping him and his brothers kick English/ Scottish/ Irish rear end

DJ_Mindboggler
Nov 21, 2013

PittTheElder posted:

^^^ when I ground out the "play until 1453" achievement I relocated to Iceland in the 1200s after getting Primo where I could just speed 5 and be left alone, I guess I left my Steward on Develop Province for 200 years because when I hit the 1400s the whole island was at >70 development :v:

That seems like a non-trivial amount of knight stuff to stack though? And dangerously a setup that threatens to degrade substantially on succession.

Yeah, knights have the unfortunate feature of dying all of the time, and getting 20 knights with 25+ prowess would be hard as a Norse emperor, and pretty much impossible otherwise.

Servetus
Apr 1, 2010

verbal enema posted:

i always start as the vassel who owns the Isle so i can do my own thing while helping him and his brothers kick English/ Scottish/ Irish rear end

Ketill Flatnefr. Yes I know his name by now. I found he was too old to have a good start. Usually i grant Ketill Independence then take the island once I've hit Living Legend and need to hold it directly to do the decision.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
I just noticed that they changed it so hunting grounds and the duchy equivalent work for horse archers now. Does that make them worthwhile in comparison, or does the lack of additional modifiers from culture hurt?

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

Horse Archers have always been great, but now they remain competitive into the late game.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost
So I’ve been loving around in Iberia getting my sea legs in this game and have a fairly sizable kingdom. However, I’m noticing that when my ruler dies, my vassals go to others. Any thoughts on what to do here? I was assigning them to nobles following my culture, should I have done dynasty members instead?

Is there any issue with disinheriting my second+ sons from getting land, other than cost?

I thought I read something about holding onto half the counties within a duchy changes inheritance, how so?

If there’s an obvious guide that covers this poo poo I’ll be more than happy to l2p on my own.

Thanks in advance!

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop

DJ_Mindboggler posted:

Yeah, knights have the unfortunate feature of dying all of the time, and getting 20 knights with 25+ prowess would be hard as a Norse emperor, and pretty much impossible otherwise.
:wrong:
There are a few traditions that help - Only the Strong, Right to Prove (if you don't have Equal faith rule), Warriors By Merit, The Bellicose Ethos. Add in the Recognition of Talent so you can recruit good prisoners from your wars (and knights with good prowess from the pool). Add spare artifacts for your family.

If you decided to hybridise from Norse (super OP), you can also add in the chance to get Berserkers for even more ridiculousness.

You don't need 20 knights of 25 prowess when you have 10 with 40+! They also never die because you are stack wiping.

Add in By the Sword if you have a faith that's Hostile to your neighbours and you are unstoppable.

DJ_Mindboggler
Nov 21, 2013

PancakeTransmission posted:

:wrong:
There are a few traditions that help - Only the Strong, Right to Prove (if you don't have Equal faith rule), Warriors By Merit, The Bellicose Ethos. Add in the Recognition of Talent so you can recruit good prisoners from your wars (and knights with good prowess from the pool). Add spare artifacts for your family.

If you decided to hybridise from Norse (super OP), you can also add in the chance to get Berserkers for even more ridiculousness.

You don't need 20 knights of 25 prowess when you have 10 with 40+! They also never die because you are stack wiping.

Add in By the Sword if you have a faith that's Hostile to your neighbours and you are unstoppable.

You're right, I haven't experimented at all with trying to pump same culture prowess. With all of the new options it's probably a lot easier to consistently get 25+ prowess knights. By dying I didn't so much mean in battle as in they're mortal characters, whereas a stack of 800 HI MaA will give consistent value for centuries.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

DJ_Mindboggler posted:

Not really? My Iberian game had that as a lowly king with a humble domain. You just keep going fishing for knights, about once per generation, with female courtier marriages. It's more micro to set up, but the point being that it's so cheap that it's borderline free and extremely fast. Most people talk about MaA stacking and having 4 duchy buildings with 6+ blacksmith builds, but for knights you can hit that with a single tradition and lifestyle perk, plus marriages. Buildings are optional, and later.

I've heard people talk about making it naturally self-sustain, with a bunch of dynasty legacies and eugenics, resulting in naturally having a group of 30-40 prowess guys milling about the court. That's a lot more commitment to getting it work, I'm fine with keeping the average in the 20's and having to browse the character finder every now and then.

DJ_Mindboggler
Nov 21, 2013

Serephina posted:

I've heard people talk about making it naturally self-sustain, with a bunch of dynasty legacies and eugenics, resulting in naturally having a group of 30-40 prowess guys milling about the court. That's a lot more commitment to getting it work, I'm fine with keeping the average in the 20's and having to browse the character finder every now and then.

I've definitely had games where eugenics/centuries of landing relatives/early strong blood has filled my realm with 15-20 prowess supermen. But by that point I've already "won" the game, or at least won't be seriously threatened unless the Black Death rolls through particularly hard. Knight micro with courtier marriages is something I've done a few times as a tribal, but by the time I feudalize it's already an unnecessary bit of clicking.

Building up your barracks/other levy buildings is good for keeping neighboring realms off of your back, the AI doesn't seem as good as a human at considering MaA strength when sizing you up. Those barracks are basically acting as a fleet-in-being, letting you spend more time at peace and improving your economy/managing your realm.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
Oh absolutely, having a standing ultra army is much more preferable. My point being is that combat is only a challenge in the early game, once you're settled in it's trivial to push around anyone -even the HRE- so minmaxing MaA very often falls into the 'win more' category. A player shouldn't feel barred from using their cultural MaA if it's the 'wrong' one, I was giving an example of a way to maximize Konni's outstanding pursuit value without having to bend your entire kingdom around trying to make it work.

Coward
Sep 10, 2009

I say we take off and surrender unconditionally from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure

So, what's the recommendation for the first few rulers of Manding in Africa? I am currently getting bummed in the gob after going all-in on Guinean Uplanders, should I go the Champions strat here? For something different, I have been doing a Learning run, trying to make all my rulers maxed out Scholars and just trying to pump Development. It is going very slowly, but I haven't had a look at hybridising yet, nor have I made Mali.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Coward posted:

So, what's the recommendation for the first few rulers of Manding in Africa? I am currently getting bummed in the gob after going all-in on Guinean Uplanders, should I go the Champions strat here? For something different, I have been doing a Learning run, trying to make all my rulers maxed out Scholars and just trying to pump Development. It is going very slowly, but I haven't had a look at hybridising yet, nor have I made Mali.

I have a Manding run in progress myself. I found Uplanders to be useless; I did prioritize prowess in finding spouses for my spare children, and as soon as I got Quilted Armor I dumped all the Uplanders for armored footmen. Both of those helped with my early footing. The mines give you a ton more gold than anyone around you is getting at the time (especially if/when you steal Bambuk from Ghana), so don't be afraid to hire mercs, either.

You are close enough to Akan territory that you can potentially hybridize with them and select Mystical Ancestors. Then things take off: keep your small, well-developed territory (probably Mali), give everything else to dynasty members, then use your per-lifetime Invade Country and Holy War for Country casus belli to get your conquest fix, and everything you conquer you give to your fourth kid for a ton of renown: first the counties and duchies, then make an alliance with them, then give them the kingdom title and let them be independent.

You will rack up renown faster than anything else will give it to you, and you'll eventually be surrounded by family members who aren't super interested in fighting you (and even if they do down the line, you fight back, retake their country, and give it to a friendlier family member).

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Hungary is way more of a thunderdome than I first realized. The land distribution is gloriously awful, the Arpáds are likely to have a demesne explosion inheriting from one another so factions appear like popcorn, instability remains high for a long time, really cool

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003
This Munso start 867 has been an absolute triumph and I've got a real good shot at the Secure the High Kingdom of the North Sea decision. The current character is an goddamn legend. He's: Secured Norway and Denmark, and took the decision to become Swedish while holding them, so we are all Swedish. He took the Danelaw from his cousins, and then invaded England to recombine the two. He reformed Asatru (which I added Christian Syncretism and Communion to, along with Lay Clergy. And he Feudalized all of the lands you see. The last 10-15 years of this character though has been spent painstakingly orchestrating all these disparate election-based titles to hand it all over to the successor. 8 years ago he became infirm and I really started to sweat with the Empire being divided among 5 different people. I just secured the succession and can pass in peace.

e: forgot another accolade: He consecrated the bloodline, but because he is content it was Critical Stress, he immediately threw an awesome party though negating the mental break.

Blimpkin fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Jul 15, 2022

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

finally had some tasty spicy drama in a CK3 save, yay!

the wife of my current ruler has taken his brother, who has become a rival, as a lover, dunno when. Said brother tried to do some plotting but is terrified because my guy has ridiculously high intrigue. Problem is, wife has it too. Event pops up to "well what are you going to do about it", I try to preserve because her intrigue makes scheming obnoxiously powerful, however, she loves the brother and screams profanities at the good duke when he tells to cut it out, so she goes to jail, brother is livid yet utterly terrified to do anything. Wife becomes a lunatic during imprisonment and well since she has 25 in intrigue she's staying there.

Accepting suggestions and tips for escalation!

edit: holy poo poo my spymaster just told me that some of the kids are bastards with the brother ahahahahhahaha

dead gay comedy forums fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Jul 16, 2022

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Just formed Kingdom of Bosnia for the first time with the Belojevics and the shade of emerald green you get is so good :yoshi:

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

This is what you get. For falling in Love
Is there a way to know how someone got a nickname? Like someone whos dynasty I have been kicking the poo poo out of just got the "crownless" nickname. I'm curious what gave him the name.

Servetus
Apr 1, 2010

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

Is there a way to know how someone got a nickname? Like someone whos dynasty I have been kicking the poo poo out of just got the "crownless" nickname. I'm curious what gave him the name.

There's an event that can trigger during a war, it may be Iberia specific. If the game thinks the ruler is low on cash, not negative necessarily, they can get an event. One of the options gives you the title and some gold as you melt down your crown.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Dismantling the Papacy is always so satisfying. I think it’s just from never having to deal with crusades again.

DJ_Mindboggler
Nov 21, 2013

Bird in a Blender posted:

Dismantling the Papacy is always so satisfying. I think it’s just from never having to deal with crusades again.

I have to always remember to keep a Papal enclave around until this decision, crusades are a lot more annoying when you can't get 50%+ warscore from besieging the Papacy.

Coward
Sep 10, 2009

Well, I think this run might be over after the first ruler.

Started an Ironman as a designed ruler in Manding in 867. Hadn't played in a while and forgot what happens when you marry early in a polygamous culture/faith. Twelve children later, my Learning focus manages to form a Witch Coven and the whole family is in on it. Things look good - I get the two Gold Mines up and form the Kingdom of Mali with all the de jure territory, bar what's held by giant Ghana.

At this point I see the enormous amount of Piety I have and think, gently caress it, I will reform the Faith. I have to go into a hellwar with Ghana, since they control the two closest holy sites, but of course they are huge, martial focused and are allied to everyone, including me. As I am pondering what to do I suddenly notice the King of Ghana has Cancer and a bunch of -Health temporary traits. I realise I have to act.

Immediately he dies I set off the Invasion, and a very frustrating game of whack-a-mole ensues between the two largest single armies in this part of Africa while every other realm starts constantly raiding both of us and making me repeatedly yell "Piss off" at my screen. I finally remember I have insane income for a Tribal and I get some Mercs and ally with a neighbour, and finally take de jure Ghana and about half of the remaining de jure Mali.

I reform the faith, get equality, see being a Witch was already Accepted, and dust off my hands for a job well done. I am 70 odd years old, get the one-year-to-death notification, nice work for a first ruler. This is of course when things start going sideways.

I spend some time fiddling about giving away counties to my neverending children to ensure my heir gets the two Gold Mines. I then notice that because I have equality, my eldest daughter is now going to get the Kingdom of Ghana. Well, that's fine, I won't mind it being independent - more Renown. For some reason my third son suddenly becomes my heir and I have to Disinherit him to get my first and better son back in succession.

Now I notice that my heir does not have any children. It takes me a while to work out that for some reason the woman I married him to is not in my Court. Turns out she is a Wanderer and I think has never been in my Court in the 25+ years they have been married. My son is 50 and she is 45 and they have no children and have probably never even met. I try to fabricate a hook on her to get her to come over, but despite 95% chance, it's revealed and fails. I sigh loudly, divorce them, and get some random woman with Robust to go with my heir's Intelligent and hope for a more suitable number of children.

I think there is time to fix all this. Family members are Witches and that opinion bonus should help keep things together while I stabilise.

As the timer on my ruler's life ticks out, I am hit by a few event notices. The first is that I suffer a huge load of Stress from my heir suddenly dying. That's not good at all. I get my death notification and see I am now apparently playing someone I have never seen before. Turns out my heir got his new wife pregnant almost immediately and she gave birth on the same day the newborn's father and grandfather both died.

I am now a tiny baby that despite being Robust and Intelligent, is still a tiny baby and has no stats, Lifestyle or Perks. All of my vassals are family who hate me massively because they are title claimants and I have no stats. The only person in my corner is my mother who, bless her, was just a vehicle for congenital traits. I tried looking at sending a gift to my terrifying 27 Intrigue uncle, but +16 opinion is not going to change -96, and I have no one else to be Spymaster. I'm not even old enough to be in the Coven. Turns out I died before converting the Court Tutor (a dynasty member) to witchcraft so that doesn't help either.

The final facepalm is when I realised I had married my first daughter, who now owns Ghana, off for an alliance. Guess to whom? Yep, none of her kids are my dynasty, and it's all going back to the Cisse who will be glad to have it returned to them.

E: hmmm, edited a typo and wiped out half of the post, hopefully rewritten it still makes sense.

Coward fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Jul 20, 2022

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

That’s kind of amazing.

As a baby you won’t be witch initiates until you’re about 14. I believe you can switch your own educator if you’ve got a witch handy. Otherwise there’s a decent chance one of your family will convert you later.

If you have some spare counties then losing a king title isn’t the end of the world. Just rebuild from there and undermine the new ruler once you’re ready. That should actually be pretty easy if you’ve got gold mines running.

I wouldn’t worry too much about it honestly. A first ruler empire in tribal Africa was never going to stick together that long without a ton of micromanagement.

I have several times just surrendered the king crown to the first person who asks for it in that sort of situation. As long as you have a few other good counties to rebuild from it honestly won’t even hold you back that much to let a brother or sister keep your title warm for a decade or so.

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003
gently caress the Pope and gently caress Catholicism, the Pope blew up my "Secure the Kingdom of the North Sea" decision 1 year and 2 months before I held all 3 of England, Denmark and Norway for 30 years. A Crusade for England was won by the Catholics and I lost it. :negative:

Blimpkin fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Jul 20, 2022

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

God it’s amazing and annoying how bad the AI is at feudalizing. If you start at 867, it seems like Eastern Europe takes absolutely forever to feudalize. If you start in 1066, like they’re all feudal. Annoying when it’s 1100 and everyone I want to take over is still tribal.

I guess I can just give all those lands away so I don’t have to deal with it.

Coward
Sep 10, 2009

SlothBear posted:

That’s kind of amazing.

As a baby you won’t be witch initiates until you’re about 14. I believe you can switch your own educator if you’ve got a witch handy. Otherwise there’s a decent chance one of your family will convert you later.

If you have some spare counties then losing a king title isn’t the end of the world. Just rebuild from there and undermine the new ruler once you’re ready. That should actually be pretty easy if you’ve got gold mines running.

I wouldn’t worry too much about it honestly. A first ruler empire in tribal Africa was never going to stick together that long without a ton of micromanagement.

I have several times just surrendered the king crown to the first person who asks for it in that sort of situation. As long as you have a few other good counties to rebuild from it honestly won’t even hold you back that much to let a brother or sister keep your title warm for a decade or so.

Oh, I don't mind being dethroned. It's being not assassinated I might have difficulties with, and being age 0 I don't have any heirs.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
I mean, you do have a player heir of your dynasty, just not of your own direct descent. Entirely possible to keep playing with an eye on who you might become. Does your successor have claims on various stuff...?

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

Coward posted:

Oh, I don't mind being dethroned. It's being not assassinated I might have difficulties with, and being age 0 I don't have any heirs.

Who's your Player heir? They don't have to be your children, the game will pass your titles to your brother or uncle or whatever, it's fine.

And even if your sister with the Kingdom is married to some non-Dynast, probably you and certainly all of your uncles will have claims on that kingdom, so you can install them later to get it back in the family.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Yeah, I would have been fairly pleased with the ruler who never met his wife. Since there's a chance she'd return once he became landed, and if she didn't, I am pretty sure all of his stuff would pass to his heir, since he had no children of his own. I could be wrong on this one, but I think partition only applies to your children.

So you were actually in an ideal spot, but beefed it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
Pretty sure that a married couple don't actually have to be in the same location/court to have children together, you may simply have gotten unlucky re your heir's kids (or the first wife was infertile for another reason).

Also Court Tutor does not actually count as a guardian in the usual sense - so they don't pass on witchcraft if they are already witches, you need the more focused 1-to-1 guardian for that. There is an event I've seen from Meet Peers that can pass on the witchcraft trait early too but I'm at work so I can't dig up the precise details.

Agree with everyone else that this is an eminently salvageable situation though! Even if you get murdered as a child you'll probably just play as one of your uncles next (the non-dynastically married aunt inheriting might be a problem since she'll probably have Cisse children who it will game-over you to have inherit, but there seem to be enough of your first ruler's kids still kicking for that to be less concerning).