Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Testekill posted:

HM: Wardlow vs Orange Cassidy, AEW Dynamite Fyter Fest Night 1 - 7/13

MOTYC: Jon Moxley vs Konosuke Takeshita, AEW Dynamite Fyter Fest Night 1 - 7/13

MOTYC: The Young Bucks (C) vs. Swerve in our Glory vs. Hobbs and Starks - AEW Dynamite Fyter Fest Night 1 - 7/13

nth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

HM
11th June
Marvelous In Sapporo Night 1
Chie Ozora vs Rin Kadokura

HM
20th February
GCW Don't Tell Me What To Do
Deathmatch
Cole Radrick vs Orin Veidt

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

SUPER HARDCORE GIRLS BOX OFFICE ~ SUPER HARDCORE GIRLS VS PROMINENCE July 14th
HM
DASH Chisako vs Hideki Okatani
- Much better than the Dash match I saw last week, but the ending really soured it for me. Why the hell is a TLC match ending in a time limit draw you bastards, just give my boy Okatani the win

Suzu Suzuki vs Carousel❤️Shun
- Very much enjoyed this outside of a couple of minutes starting with the ear piercing that ground the action to a halt

Fun show if not fantastic, not a bad way to spend a couple of hours. It was cool to see "Konosuke Takeshita" make an appearanc

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

SG Bamboo posted:

SUPER HARDCORE GIRLS BOX OFFICE

This isn't DPPH

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Rarity posted:

This isn't DPPH

It used to be

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

AJPW Summer Action Series July 14th
HM
STRONGHEARTS (El Lindaman, Shigehiro Irie and T-Hawk) vs Seigo Tachibana, Ryuki Honda and Shotaro Ashino
- Very fun preview tag

Real Blood (Mizuki Watase and Naoya Nomura) vs Yuma Aoyagi and Atsuki Aoyagi
- Great match, but felt like it should have gone another 5 minutes at least

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

SG Bamboo posted:

SUPER HARDCORE GIRLS BOX OFFICE ~ SUPER HARDCORE GIRLS VS PROMINENCE July 14th
HM
DASH Chisako vs Hideki Okatani
- Much better than the Dash match I saw last week, but the ending really soured it for me. Why the hell is a TLC match ending in a time limit draw you bastards, just give my boy Okatani the win

Suzu Suzuki vs Carousel❤️Shun
- Very much enjoyed this outside of a couple of minutes starting with the ear piercing that ground the action to a halt

Fun show if not fantastic, not a bad way to spend a couple of hours. It was cool to see "Konosuke Takeshita" make an appearanc

Nth, pretty much my thoughts. Although I didn't mind the ending.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Pylons posted:

GCW 6/19

MOTYC: Will Ospreay vs. Nick Wayne

This just went up on Wrestle Universe for subscribers. If you want to skip to the match it's at about 2 hours 15 minutes in.

https://www.wrestle-universe.com/en/videos/uVbXWvgq5d9tSMGQxPyMqZ

Pylons fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Jul 15, 2022

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I originally voted Nick Wayne vs Will Ospreay as a HM and I've rewatched it and would like to up that to a MOTYC.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Miyu Yamashita vs. Thunder Rosa
HM: Shota Umino vs. Pac

Both from the July 12 edition of AEW Dark.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
blatantly false.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

AEW Rampage 7/15

HM: Lee Moriarty vs. Jonathan Gresham

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HM: Lee Moriarty vs. Jonathan Gresham, AEW Rampage, 15/07

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Rarity posted:

nth

a very different, cool rhythm

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

TTBF posted:

I originally voted Nick Wayne vs Will Ospreay as a HM and I've rewatched it and would like to up that to a MOTYC.

Noted and vote amended. Ironically, by doing this you have now made it a successful HM nomination!

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

TJPW Princess Cup Night 1 July 16th
HM
Hyper Misao vs Miyu Yamashita
- Main event Misao is such a treat, maximum chuckles were had as well as some pretty drat good wrestling

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

SG Bamboo posted:

HM
- Main event Misao is such a treat, maximum chuckles were had as well as some pretty drat good wrestling

nth

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams

SG Bamboo posted:

HM

nth

All you need is tape!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
It's very rude of TJPW to run the Princess Cup at exactly the same time as the G1 :argh:

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

SG Bamboo posted:

HM

nth

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Auritech posted:

nth

All you need is tape!

Correction. All you need is MORE tape! :eng101:

Rarity posted:

It's very rude of TJPW to run the Princess Cup at exactly the same time as the G1 :argh:

At least they ran this first show several hours before the G1 starts, unlike NOAH running an actual show I might have watched otherwise at EXACTLY the same time as Night 1 of the G1 :cripes:

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

MOTYC: Keiji Mutoh vs. Kaito Kiyomiya - NOAH Destination (7/16)

What a loving incredible match. Keiji Mutoh is an absolute genius and Kaito has fantastic wrestling psychology for a man his age. Told a compelling story of Kaito having Mutoh completely scouted by this point with some absolutely crazy moments like a top rope Frankensteiner from Mutoh. Must watch stuff. too bad about the result

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Testekill posted:

MOTYC: The Young Bucks (C) vs. Swerve in our Glory vs. Hobbs and Starks - AEW Dynamite Fyter Fest Night 1 - 7/13

nth

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
MOTYC: Will Ospreay vs. El Phantasmo, NJPW G1 Climax 32, 16/07

G1 season is here baby

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Rarity posted:

MOTYC: Will Ospreay vs. El Phantasmo, NJPW G1 Climax 32, 16/07

G1 season is here baby

HM from me, but it was a very exciting match!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HM: SANADA vs. Jay White, NJPW G1 Climax 32, 16/07

It was very rough around the edges but there were some great moments and some insanely tight kickouts

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Rarity posted:

HM: SANADA vs. Jay White, NJPW G1 Climax 32, 16/07

It was very rough around the edges but there were some great moments and some insanely tight kickouts

Big 2nd, really enjoyed that apart from those odd rough parts.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
MOTYC: Kazuchika Okada vs. Jeff Cobb, NJPW G1 Climax 32, 16/07

This isn't a well known fact so I understand if you've not heard it but were you aware that Jeff Cobb is strong?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MOTYC: Kazuchika Okada vs. Jeff Cobb - NJPW G1 Climax 32 Night 1 - 7/16

Neither of these guys are human, holy poo poo. This isn't a bit, they're legit not human, they're something..... more.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

G1 Climax

MOTYC: Okada/Cobb
HM: Jay/SANADA
HM: Ospreay/Extremely Long Phallus

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

G1 Climax

HM: Ospreay/Extremely Long Phallus

I'll Nth that

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

SG Bamboo posted:

HM

Nth!

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

SG Bamboo posted:

HM

+1

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I'm normally reluctant to nominate stuff from my local promotion, since it's normally guys that nobody outside of Perth has ever heard about, but tonight's show had some crackers from guys with name value. I'll try and remember to link the show if it goes up on the promotion's Youtube page, they're both well worth the watch.

EPW Rising Tide July 16th
MOTYC
Julian Ward (c) vs Adam Brooks - EPW Championship
- Ward has felt kind of lost as champ since he won the belt off Mikey Nicholls in November, and this is the first time in ages he's felt like the guy the fans rallied around all of last year. Brooks played the crafty outsider well, viciously attacking Ward's arm having scouted Ward's ripcord lariat finisher. Crowd was a little quiter than usual since it was a new venue that didn't serve alcohol, but were still very excited about the first fly-in we've had since Robbie Eagles 15 months ago

TMDK: The Untouchables (Damian Slater and Marcius Pitt) vs Faizal Keris and CJ Langkay
- Love me a good squash match. Slater and Pitt had reformed their team last show and suffered an embarassing loss, so their manager put together this match against two students at the EPW wrestling school. And Jesus gently caress, doesn't matter that they showed a lot of heart, TMDK killed these kids and I adored it

SG Bamboo fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Jul 16, 2022

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

NJPW G1 Climax Night 1 July 16th
MOTYC
Will Ospreay vs El Phantasmo
- Match was great the whole way through, but the ending pushed it over the top for me

Kazuchika Okada vs Jeff Cobb
- It's Okada vs Cobb, of course it loving ruled

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

G1 Climax

Nth!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
25th June
DDT Dramatic Dream Tour In Yokohama
Burning (Jun Akiyama & Yusuke Okada) vs Eruption (Kazusada Higuchi & Yukio Sakaguchi)

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: El Desperado vs. Hiromu Takahashi in the BOSJ Final - NJPW Best of the Super Juniors 6/3

Holy poo poo so loving good, so many cool moments. The 25 minute call blew me away because I swear the match had only been going for 10 minutes at that point. The wrong wrestler won but holy poo poo what a match.

2nd

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Rarity posted:

Yep gotta give it to 'em on that one. Great match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

MOTYC
27th June
Big Japan Bloody Musou Tournament Opening Round
BJW Tag Team Titles
Astronauts (Fuminori Abe & Takuya Nomura) vs Strong BJ (Daisuke Sekimoto & Yuji Okabayashi)

Two fantastic teams. Everything feels like a struggle. Even the little things like headlocks and Greco-Roman knucklelocks. It's so smart and exciting. Astronauts, despite being champs, are the Young Turks here trying to hang on with the best tag team of the 2010s.

This is worked fantastically.