Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Happy birthday!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
happy BLIRTHDAY :troll:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

FFXIV:
I really love the story arcs about political intrigue and conspiracies and socioeconomic realities but man when the game starts talking about aether and crystals and echoes I have a hard time giving a poo poo. There are cutscenes where the immortal megavillains are talking to one another and being coy and cryptic, idk if you’re meant to have an idea about what the eff they’re talking about but I certainly don’t

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
the ascians suck in the earlygame. no two ways about it.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

bovis posted:

Hey chat thread! It's my birthday today, just turned 30!

code:
     __
  .'`  `'.
 /        \ _
;      __.'` `'.
|   .'`  `'.    \
;  / HAPPY  \    ;
 \;  30th    ;   |
  | BIRTHDAY |   ;   _
  ;  BOVIS!  ;-./-_-` '-.
  /\        /_(;'/ `\()  '.
 ;  '.__  .'\|| '    |     '.
 |      ),\| \\      \()    (\
 ;        \ \|/   __/    ()   \  __
  \        \||\.~'_ `'.;-.___.~'` _'~.
   '.__  _/|/|/{ (_`.'         '.`_) }
       `)/`\\\\ \ .'  _ 0_._0 _  '. /     .,_
             \|| } -.'   (_)   '.- {    _{   `\
              \|{_ / '.___|___.' \  }  //`._   |
            /`    \     |   |     }  }:'-.  ```'"--..==,
           {      ,}    \-"-/   .'  } {,`-'.       //>`\>
          {`   _./|\._.  '-'  ._ .~` /`    ;'.    //>  |>
          {     {///(  `-.-.-`  ) _.'     /   '. ||>   />
           \     \|\);--`( )`--`(`       }      `\\>_.'>
            ;  _/`/(__.'/`-'.,__/`,    .`         `"""`
           .-'`     ;-.(     \_(;  \ .'     .--,
          (`-._   ./   `       '.   `-._..~` /o\\
       jgs `'-;/``.              `;-"`:     |oo||
      .--._ _.' .  \      o       ;  .      |  /|
     /.-.  `     .  '._        _.'  '       \_//
     ||oo\        `.   `'-----`  _.~`--..__,..'
     |\o  |       .~`'--......--'
      \'._/   _.~`
       `.__.-'

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

cheetah7071 posted:

the ascians suck in the earlygame. no two ways about it.

They were, quite literally, written with a completely different endgoal in mind in ARR that evolved over time as the script got more fleshed out, which is why they go from cackling anime badguys to surprisingly nuanced villains as the expansions progress.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Jay Rust posted:

FFXIV:
I really love the story arcs about political intrigue and conspiracies and socioeconomic realities but man when the game starts talking about aether and crystals and echoes I have a hard time giving a poo poo. There are cutscenes where the immortal megavillains are talking to one another and being coy and cryptic, idk if you’re meant to have an idea about what the eff they’re talking about but I certainly don’t

yeah to be fair the writers didn't really know what to do with the ascians in arr either

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I wish they'd used any other name than Ascian, I keep thinking you guys are about to some long convo about Abia and Erebus, and what role the thing in the cave served in relation to them. Or if the Hierodules were helping the forces in the north along with Baldanders and Talos or if they were the same seeds that is mentioned by Hethor at the great gate of Nessus. And really how connected they were to the previous non Autarch government, and if they are truly the descendants of Typhon's family as repeated on the Whorl

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
yeah same tbh

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Gaius Marius posted:

I wish they'd used any other name than Ascian, I keep thinking you guys are about to some long convo about Abia and Erebus, and what role the thing in the cave served in relation to them. Or if the Hierodules were helping the forces in the north along with Baldanders and Talos or if they were the same seeds that is mentioned by Hethor at the great gate of Nessus. And really how connected they were to the previous non Autarch government, and if they are truly the descendants of Typhon's family as repeated on the Whorl

they're generally quite good when it comes to referential mythological and fictional names, but i think ascian was a straight-up case of michael koji-fox having to come up with a villain name on a deadline a few weeks after having read book of the new sun

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
it's a soft c, to anyone wondering

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

their resemblance to organization xiii is purely coincidental

Xaiter
Dec 16, 2007

Everything is AWESOME!
Garage: Bad Dream Adventure is uh.

uh

:gonk:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1946430/Garage_Bad_Dream_Adventure/

Only got like 35 minutes into it before it tripped a weirdness breaker in my head and I immediately needed to play something, anything more normal.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

the assians

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
FF14:

I'm supposed to be helping the Ala Mhigo resistance overthrow their oppressors but I've spent the last 2 days dicking around running all over the world finding mats so I can craft stuff instead :negative:

itry
Aug 23, 2019

eurogamer.net posted:

PlayStation console exclusive Stray getting limited edition £160 cat carrier. Fur real.

:allears:

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

bovis posted:

Started playing FE 3 Houses the other day, bought it on release and then never got that far so decided to start it up again from the beginning. Already feels like there's something dodgy going on with the people in this monastery.
Also have the new musou game lined up for after I finish, heard it's really good so can't wait to get to it. Games are good :D

Happy boiday boivis

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
New Kenka Bancho game when

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

bovis posted:

Started playing FE 3 Houses the other day, bought it on release and then never got that far so decided to start it up again from the beginning. Already feels like there's something dodgy going on with the people in this monastery.
Also have the new musou game lined up for after I finish, heard it's really good so can't wait to get to it. Games are good :D

Happy birthday!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
FF14:

I've reached the point where being a self-sufficient crafter means spending an hour farming mobs for mats :gonk:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Rarity posted:

FF14:

I've reached the point where being a self-sufficient crafter means spending an hour farming mobs for mats :gonk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aXzOfGQdMQ

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Dont you have a battle-class retainer? Send them hunting

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jay Rust posted:

Dont you have a battle-class retainer? Send them hunting

No retainers on the free trial :negative:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

It truly is a pay-to-win game...

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Every game that you must spend money to purchase is P2W, when you really think about it.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies
Pay 2 Lose imo

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Rarity posted:

FF14:

Please... I think I mentioned this before but if you are gonna level crafting that is actually the main reason to subscribe

Those mats are probably on the market board for a handful of gil

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Please... I think I mentioned this before but if you are gonna level crafting that is actually the main reason to subscribe

Those mats are probably on the market board for a handful of gil

Yeah this, don't burn yourself out trying to omnicraft this early unless you really like crafting or grinding for mats.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

lol how do you go and create 10 character designs but only one of them is a girl

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

So I ended up grabbing AI Nirvana.

...how does Uchikoshi manage to go crazier on every game he makes? Can he even be stopped? And why is Tama even hornier than Date?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Khanstant posted:

lol how do you go and create 10 character designs but only one of them is a girl

It was 1997

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The clock could be a girl you don't know

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

So I ended up grabbing AI Nirvana.

...how does Uchikoshi manage to go crazier on every game he makes? Can he even be stopped? And why is Tama even hornier than Date?
https://twitter.com/Energia_AF/status/1015823399308816384
https://twitter.com/Uchikoshi_Eng/status/1486207686761140227

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Khanstant posted:

It's ok, the DS version couldn't use Conker or Banjo for rights reasons so they swapped in Dixie Kong and Tiny Kong for them

and then added 2 new unlockable racers who are dudes lol

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
oh god I didn't know diddy kong racing ds redid the voices

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdJE_GoWr-M

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
that's got the sound of someone random at the office being recruited to record new audio

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Continuing Project Wingman, and I think it's hitting its groove now. "Pillars of Communication" and "Cold War" have nailed the Ace Combat mission feel, so hopefully this keeps up throughout the rest of the game.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Lol

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

I can't believe that (AI Nirvana chapter 3 spoilers)Ryuki can also elope to Atami with the recepcionist. What is she, a plant from the true Big Bad behind both games?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

PunkBoy posted:

Continuing Project Wingman, and I think it's hitting its groove now. "Pillars of Communication" and "Cold War" have nailed the Ace Combat mission feel, so hopefully this keeps up throughout the rest of the game.

That mission has a special intro on Mercenary difficulty lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L33GePffEKw