Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Titmouse animated American Dad would be... interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

I mean, production wouldn't change. 20th Television Animation still makes the thing and would continue to make it.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
TIL that the free running in "Stany Boy and Frantastic" is based on this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHSoPTJNfPE

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I always love when characters learn their end of episode lesson but then apply it in the worst way possible, such as Stan letting Steve take a crack at landing the Spirit of St. Louis.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
There's also the episode where Stan gets mixed up with those creepy pro-abstinence dads, sends Steve to sex aversion camp, realizes that he & the dads are being weirdos, and locks Steve in the broom closet so that he & Shannon can fool around while he delivers The Talk.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

There's so the episode where Roger tries to parent Steve and Loius is about to drive them off the Grand Canyon when Roger stops them. He then explains how he was being over protective of Steve and needs to let him make his own mistakes while Steve yells at him to shoot Loius before letting Louis drive off the edge. The lessons characters in this show learn are all over the place and I love it.

I still find the Stan and Francine renewing their vows episode kind of romantic and sweet. It shows they both love each other even though they are both as shallow as a puddle. I think its because they communicated and then accepted each other for who they are. Most shows would have the lesson be they love each other regardless of their looks but this show was brave enough to show a relationship that somehow felt more real.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

limp_cheese posted:

There's so the episode where Roger tries to parent Steve and Loius is about to drive them off the Grand Canyon when Roger stops them. He then explains how he was being over protective of Steve and needs to let him make his own mistakes while Steve yells at him to shoot Loius before letting Louis drive off the edge. The lessons characters in this show learn are all over the place and I love it.

That was so loving hilarious. :haw:

quote:

I still find the Stan and Francine renewing their vows episode kind of romantic and sweet. It shows they both love each other even though they are both as shallow as a puddle. I think its because they communicated and then accepted each other for who they are. Most shows would have the lesson be they love each other regardless of their looks but this show was brave enough to show a relationship that somehow felt more real.

:hmmyes:

There was also the episode where Stan & Francine's relationship falls apart when they try to one-up Greg & Terry after they talk about how renovating their house stressed them out. Stan & Francine accept that their relationship is wonderful as long as they don't put a single iota of stress on it.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

no, no, their relationship is great as long as they only put external existential stress on it! The future is borax!

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Condors...

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Saving my strength.....

Small White Dragon
Nov 23, 2007

No relation.
Got a notification there was a new episode, but Wikipedia and other sources list the show as returning in September?

And I deserve the best. GOLD TOP

Small White Dragon fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Jul 13, 2022

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

YeahTubaMike posted:

There's also the episode where Stan gets mixed up with those creepy pro-abstinence dads, sends Steve to sex aversion camp, realizes that he & the dads are being weirdos, and locks Steve in the broom closet so that he & Shannon can fool around while he delivers The Talk.

Small White Dragon
Nov 23, 2007

No relation.

Small White Dragon posted:

Got a notification there was a new episode, but Wikipedia and other sources list the show as returning in September?

And I deserve the best. GOLD TOP

Seems like maybe it was released early on a few platforms.
https://www.reddit.com/r/americandad/comments/vxgcz3/new_episode_gold_top_nuts_released_early_on_itunes/

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Annoyingly I can’t see it on :filez: anywhere :smith:

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
The preview image on iTunes lists it as a Disney+ original
"They said the saddest nonsense as they died"

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
What a delightfully bizarre episode.

RIP Klaus

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Is this new episode just on iTunes?

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Zero One posted:

What a delightfully bizarre episode.

RIP Klaus

Again? :psyduck:

I don't want any more details, I only moused over the spoiler by accident, lol

Small White Dragon
Nov 23, 2007

No relation.

Neeksy posted:

The preview image on iTunes lists it as a Disney+ original
"They said the saddest nonsense as they died"

Yeah, the thumb seems to be missing but the episode is there.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
The Garfield episode is still great

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
The 13th season is solid gold, especially the latter half. I feel like I rewatch the surfer Stan and bowler Steve episodes like three times a week.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

YeahTubaMike posted:

The 13th season is solid gold, especially the latter half. I feel like I rewatch the surfer Stan and bowler Steve episodes like three times a week.

"Is that why were acting so weird?"

"Weird, how?"

"STABBING ME COMES TO MIND!"

never fails to improve my mood if just a little

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

YeahTubaMike posted:

Its the strike animations that get me. This was the best I could find.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxsGDbdKcCU

I fee like they did a 9/11 one too but I couldn't find it.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Nep-Nep posted:

"Is that why were acting so weird?"

"Weird, how?"

"STABBING ME COMES TO MIND!"

never fails to improve my mood if just a little

That, and the dude getting eaten by a giant spider :haw:

limp_cheese posted:

I fee like they did a 9/11 one too but I couldn't find it.

I think you're thinking of the Challenger one

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

YeahTubaMike posted:

The bowling episode is one of my favorites. I love those little "bowling pins performing tragedies" clips, and that bit where Francine is just really irritated. "Bald rear end alien piece of poo poo."

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

I think of the newer episodes, a lot of the Jeff-centric ones tend to fall flat for me. Who Smarted, and Jeff and the Dank rear end Weed Factory are kinda duds. Flavortown is pretty good so it's not like he's always a bad lead, it's just that sometimes it feels like they don't really have a good joke for him and they want to bank it on his line delivery alone and then it falls flat.

Edit

YeahTubaMike posted:

I just realized that's season 11 and yeah that season fukken rules

Neeksy fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Jul 17, 2022

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

YeahTubaMike posted:

I'm on the bowler one right now!

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

WHO'S KID IS THIS?! WHO WOULD LET THEIR KID SEE THIS?!

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

You came BACK from jewish camp???

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Neeksy posted:

I think of the newer episodes, a lot of the Jeff-centric ones tend to fall flat for me. Who Smarted, and Jeff and the Dank rear end Weed Factory are kinda duds

I like Jeff and the Dank rear end Weed Factory but I think a lot of what makes that episode hit for me is how Snoop is throughout.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

i think it's also that the charlie and the chocolate factory format is very tired by now
i don't think in terms of weed humor they ever topped stan just staring at the chips in the supermarket with the song in the background and roger becoming convinced he'll float away without the bag of cat(?) food, along with the list of things that let you know you're high

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I loved the interactions between Snoop and Jeff, what little of them we got.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Neeksy posted:

i think it's also that the charlie and the chocolate factory format is very tired by now
i don't think in terms of weed humor they ever topped stan just staring at the chips in the supermarket with the song in the background and roger becoming convinced he'll float away without the bag of cat(?) food, along with the list of things that let you know you're high

That one bit was better than the entire weed factory episode. And FG already did a chocolate factory parody that was just as terrible. Snoop constantly beating himself up over his design decisions was funny though.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Nep-Nep posted:

I like Jeff and the Dank rear end Weed Factory but I think a lot of what makes that episode hit for me is how Snoop is throughout.

Snoop is a quality voice actor, that episode is top tier for me because I got to hear him say things like:

"Why did I even have this contest?! I had very little to gain from a business perspective!" :argh:

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
The problem with Willy Wonka parodies is that most of them try to subvert or be weirder/darker than the original and you can't really do that with a Roald Dahl work without collapsing into a full on farce of the worst sort*

*the best/worst example of this probably being the RPG adventure Blood In The Chocolate

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KifJy3BwF0

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

drrockso20 posted:

The problem with Willy Wonka parodies is that most of them try to subvert or be weirder/darker than the original and you can't really do that with a Roald Dahl work without collapsing into a full on farce of the worst sort*

*the best/worst example of this probably being the RPG adventure Blood In The Chocolate

I agree with you on all points, but please do not elaborate for those who don't know about Blood in the Chocolate, the adventure so offensive the writer renounced it after it won an industry award.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Neeksy posted:

Futurama did the best one.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Snoop is a quality voice actor, that episode is top tier for me because I got to hear him say things like:

"Why did I even have this contest?! I had very little to gain from a business perspective!" :argh:

"gently caress that, I'm still not giving it to you. You can't make me."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

SUPERFOOD?