Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Jon Irenicus posted:

when the "power went out" at a mayor Pete rally so there could be a spontaneous, uplifting moment about lighting up the darkness

when they landed a mini drone decoy bird on bernie's podium to make a viral moment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

ben shapino posted:

when they landed a mini drone decoy bird on bernie's podium to make a viral moment

when they finally broke out the Heart Attack Gun for Bernie

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
when I voted

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

ben shapino posted:

Must have been one of those fake birds that they used to try and blow Castro up

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

ben shapino posted:

went looking for the ruthkanda forever tweet, which is deleted and her account is still protected 2 years later, but found this wonderful assortment

https://twitter.com/kenklippenstein/status/1307194918117478401

if I didn’t read the author I would have sworn the Michelle Tafoya tweet was actually from getfiscal

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Mind_Taker posted:

if I didn’t read the author I would have sworn the Michelle Tafoya tweet was actually from getfiscal

he's that good

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Who's white house career was funnier: The Mooch or Ducklo?

Bendhozia
Jul 12, 2022

Jon Irenicus posted:

when they finally broke out the Heart Attack Gun for Bernie
Oh poo poo, Smooth Bernie :berninator:

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

RandomBlue posted:

when I voted

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот
kamala harris gave up the cushiest, easiest sinecure possible in being a dem senator from california, the electoral equivalent of bowling gutter bumpers, in order to make her benzo problem public and attach her ship to a racist she called out because he used to and still opposes integration

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
It is loving wild how barred out she was in the debates

lol Twitter yeah I'm sure there's no videos

Same thing if I spell Kamala correctly

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Animal Friend posted:

Who's white house career was funnier: The Mooch or Ducklo?

man mooch week was fucken awesome

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
ducklo was just a lovely dude with a funny name. mooch burned down his entire life because he thought trump would be his new dad.

Bendhozia
Jul 12, 2022

Kazzah posted:

man mooch week was fucken awesome
All the shadow factions jockeying in the Trump Palace jointly leaking their disapproval. That got our interest ahead of his first press conference and we immediately understood

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

ducklo was just a lovely dude with a funny name. mooch burned down his entire life because he thought trump would be his new dad.
Embed Ducklo

(And Bates)

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
RBG had nothing but contempt for black Americans

If she did have anything else for them it certainly wasn't a clerk job

She also ruled at least once that Amercan Indians can go gently caress themselves if they don't want a pipeline on their sovereign land

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Barbarians need to be educated

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

paul_soccer12 posted:

RBG had nothing but contempt for black Americans

If she did have anything else for them it certainly wasn't a clerk job

She also ruled at least once that Amercan Indians can go gently caress themselves if they don't want a pipeline on their sovereign land

didn’t she always rule against Native/reservation rights in SC cases

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Ok Boomer

Kinda surprised I forgot that one tbh

Bendhozia
Jul 12, 2022
The Cool Zone got Ice Phisherman writing erotic antifa fiction so he launched a collaborative modernization of The Canterbury Tales

Ice Phisherman posted:

Behold the folk that you now see
Brave people of leftist tendencies
For those black lives that they do cheer
They gathered together, defying fear

It is for justice that they stan
They prepare to muster, to caravan
A pilgrimage they’ll undertake
For freedom they themselves must make

Today they’ll risk their lives and limbs
Endure will they the evil whims
Of police with whom that they will clash
So sayeth the brave, “gently caress the fash”

And though disease doth spread apace
No longer shelter in their place
Daredevils they, these stout of heart
Their dwellings now they do depart

These lions they, that in their hour
Live harder and faster than any coward
Candles they burn twice as bright
And fly do they to noble fights

But as those flames do burn lick
Even they need to dip their wicks
Yes I speak of love and lust
For passions are denied to us

Though some think these urges crude
How priggish these awful prudes
Who bray that horny is forbidden
Consign these people to the midden

Normal is our lust and love
As grass below, as birds above
The fervent wish to just be equal
To remind us we are all just people

As caravans do hit the trail
I ask these riders to tell their tales
Of freedom fought and freedom won
And love and lust and revolution

--

What just happened?

Oh hi, I'm Ice Phisherman. Resident crank, cyberpunk author and effort poster. For those not reading the Cool Zone thread, someone recently posted their displeasure with the selection of romance/erotic literature for antifascists. The book she read contained no romance, no sex, no story, no antifascists and may have been written by Ben Shapiro, who seems incapable of even saying the word pussy.

As a joke, I flexed my old erotica and romance writer chops and said that if there was enough interest, I would write an antifascist erotic short. It went on to get empty quoted over a hundred times (or at least I assume so, it ate up a lot of pages) and so here I am.

In short:

So why the rhyming couplets?

So many people were interested that this set a high bar for me. I didn't think it would be enough to poo poo post and laugh. I mean I'm still going to do that, don't get me wrong, I'm just not only going to do that. I'm setting up a kind of sandbox for people to play around in if they so choose based on a well known piece of literature, The Canterbury Tales, but mixed with erotica and anti-fascism.

Erotic Anti-fascist Canterbury Tales?

You got it.

If you've ever read the Canterbury Tales, these are the themes: Social satire, courtly love/sexual desire, companionship, corruption of the church and a few others. With a little tweaking to update them for today you get social satire, love/sex, camaraderie and corruption of the government. Not too different. Though I'm basically done with rhyming at this point. If you want to rhyme, that's your business. I just wanted to set the tone.

If antifascists are going to be accused of riding in caravans from town to town, I think it's time to embrace that and make it our own and how better to own it than to tell stories? Where Chaucer, the author of "The Canterbury Tales" wrote, "The Knight's Tale", "The Miller's Tale", "The Reeve's Tale" and so on, a more contemporary story of "The Caravan Tales" would be say, "A Medic's Tale", "A Journalist's Tale" or "A Streamer's Tale" or just simply "A Protester's Tale". As I assume there might be more than one medic or journalist or streamer and almost always more than protester at an event, though the people who protest solo are cool as gently caress. So if two people want to write "A Medic's Tale" or something like it, I'm all for it. Every protest should have more than one medic. And so I want to create a place where stories are told for everyone who makes up the protest movement. Their stories told with sexy times added, because that's the theme that goons demanded of me after I offered it and here I am, running with it.

Can I Just Shitpost Antifa Erotica even if it doesn't fit the theme?

Hell yeah you can. Even though this is based off Chaucer, I'm not expecting Chaucer. Also at no point do I expect you to rhyme. If you want to write fiction named "Antifa gently caress Machine" riding to the protest on a nuclear powered motorcycle across a blasted post-apocalyptic hellscape, shooting Nazis and picking up scantily clad people who swoon at your very touch, Heavy Metal style, loving go for it. This is just a sandbox and I'm not going to be mad if you don't want to play in it so long as you :justpost:

Any Rules?

Be gay and do crimes, but don't do sex crimes. Write erotica that is as filthy as you want, but make sure everyone is of a legal age and consenting. Also it almost goes without saying, but if it's neither sexy nor funny, goons will probably make fun of you. The ratio of sexy and funny is up to you. Or hell, if you want to be true to life, speak from your experiences, that's cool too as long as you :justpost:

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

John Kasich held on in the 2016 Republican primary as long as possible and proceeded to spend that time gorging himself at local eateries refusing to answer questions from reporters

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

John Kerry, having served in Vietnam and testified in Congress to the fact the US soldiers were committing war crimes as part of the Winter Soldier Investigations, accepted the 2004 nomination from the Democratic Party by yelling that he was "reporting for duty."

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Jon Irenicus posted:

John Kasich held on in the 2016 Republican primary as long as possible and proceeded to spend that time gorging himself at local eateries refusing to answer questions from reporters

smartest man in the field

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Jon Irenicus posted:

John Kerry, having served in Vietnam and testified in Congress to the fact the US soldiers were committing war crimes as part of the Winter Soldier Investigations, accepted the 2004 nomination from the Democratic Party by yelling that he was "reporting for duty."

lol

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Swift Boat Veterans for Truth

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
Poland

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Guess who got divided bro

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

So you forgot Poland until just now?

bertolt rekt
Jul 30, 2007

Ice Phisherman posted:

As a joke, I flexed my old erotica and romance writer chops and said that if there was enough interest, I would write an antifascist erotic short.

can some one please bury me after I dig my own grave and lkie down in it

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Animal Friend posted:

Swift Boat Veterans for Truth

And it turned out to be just one guy and he hadn't served anywhere near Kerry.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

The success of the Power Rangers was a major(?) driver in the Israeli lobby's capture of the Democratic Party

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

guidoanselmi posted:

The success of the Power Rangers was a major(?) driver in the Israeli lobby's capture of the Democratic Party

Is this to do with Saban

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

International investment counts as politics

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

Mr. Lobe posted:

Is this to do with Saban

ya

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

projecthalaxy posted:

International investment counts as politics

just ask China

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
there's nothing to say, really. you just have to figure out what sort of inhuman impostor has taken your child's place. there are so many options, after all. changelings, possession, snatcher, pod person, etc. and they all have different methods of detection, so there's no point in wasting time interrogating the creature.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
AOC at the wall

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT