Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
cedo's an excellent gun that also happens to empower lavos' 4 drastically. it's the same as priming enemies for condition overload.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Zero VGS posted:

Since you said you just bought the Railjack a minute ago to get New War, you should know that another reason for Lavos is to use in Railjack.

Get the mod for Railjack that fires homing missles (Seeker Volley, goons should have a spare) and then Lavos can spam it on an 8-second cooldown (everyone else needs 150 energy without a good way to recoup in while on the ship). It will drastically speed up Skirmish railjack missions, which gets you more Railjack affinity, with lets you rank up Intrinsics which give an enormous amount of Mastery Points and should give you a Mastery Rank singlehandedly.

And because I only realised this way later: this also works on other people's railjacks. So if you join a pug with a struggling pilot, you can just hop into the artillery or a turret slot and spam the skills on your own cooldowns. I always thought only the pilot had access to that but no. That comes in handy on Lich/Sister confrontation where the host is using the pilot's seat and tries to destroy every single fighter with laser fire.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
BTW, is the in-game chat completely down for anyone else? I rebooted the game twice and switched between IPv6 and IPv4 chat and I'm still seeing this:

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Lavos on railjack really feels like cheating. But then again, so does Necramech survival, so... maybe it's just down to taste.

CatHorse
Jan 5, 2008

Orv posted:

Uh, exceedingly unlikely that players will ever have an overguard style mechanic.

They added shields to spoilermode a week after zeriman released. So it's possible.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Zero VGS posted:

BTW, is the in-game chat completely down for anyone else? I rebooted the game twice and switched between IPv6 and IPv4 chat and I'm still seeing this:

It was still like this for me when I logged on late past night so you're far from alone with this issue.

Orv
May 4, 2011

MikusR posted:

They added shields to spoilermode a week after zeriman released. So it's possible.

Adding infinite respawns or universal vacuum, sure. Overguard would be very weird to give to sentinels given that nothing effects them except damage. Giving overguard to players would be utterly bizarre and invalidate basically all of what little challenge the game has.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I'm surprised more people don't use Hildryn for missile spam in railjack.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I'm surprised more people don't use Hildryn for missile spam in railjack.

The cost does still ramp for her so that it does eventually become an issue vs Lavos just has the same cooldown forever. She's still better than others at it, but you still have to be vaguely paying attention to costs, and she's not as good in the on-foot sections of the missions.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Always remember (provided you have access to it) that a 75% ability efficiency invigoration also applies to RJ energy costs, so if there's ever a time to hellfarm RJ that's it.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.

Zero VGS posted:

I was getting this message every 5 minutes until the client just gave up killed my connection to the chat sever, it's been broken on and off since the end of tennocon yesterday.

Kitten Baubles
May 10, 2008
Have any of you ever got a 75% discount after buying plat using a 50% discount?

I ask because I don’t think I’ve had a 75% in years, but I see 50% all the time, I’m wondering whether because I caved in the past their system will now just give me 50% as a max.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

MikusR posted:

One thing i'd like is something like overguard for sentinels. With the new team is it more or less likely.

Eximus rework, zariman, arcane changes, etc was all done with rebb as the lead.

Orv posted:

Always remember (provided you have access to it) that a 75% ability efficiency invigoration also applies to RJ energy costs, so if there's ever a time to hellfarm RJ that's it.

Or just lavos or hildryn for infinite energy in railjack.

Speaking of lavos here's the build I was talking about earlier, it's overbuilt tae gently caress and arcane choice is honestly just whatever you want. But it will tear apart literally any content:

Use viral with 1 to 3, gas with his 4, high gas damage loving slaps.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Nalesh posted:

Speaking of lavos here's the build I was talking about earlier, it's overbuilt tae gently caress and arcane choice is honestly just whatever you want. But it will tear apart literally any content:

Use viral with 1 to 3, gas with his 4, high gas damage loving slaps.

The invigoration makes Lavos look like a little baby, you can fire off like thirty Seeker Volleys in a couple seconds, it's very silly.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Kitten Baubles posted:

I ask because I don’t think I’ve had a 75% in years, but I see 50% all the time, I’m wondering whether because I caved in the past their system will now just give me 50% as a max.

The discount amount and frequency is dependent on your region and the value of your countries money.
Americans and Europeans get fewer discounts, South America for instance gets them more frequently.

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

These poles made from wood, and the crossarms from iron.

Kitten Baubles posted:

My first 75% came immediately after spending on a 50%, within 48 hours. I've gotten two more over the course of 3-4 years.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I got a 75% once and I'm still riding the plat from it now. It's what finally got me a maxed Arcane Energize like all the cool kids have forever ago. Along with some old primes and various frames where I just said "gently caress it who wants to do weird farms" and bought the release bundles.

CatHorse
Jan 5, 2008
https://twitter.com/sj_sinclair/status/1549168399053381645

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

so... it's NOT dark souls?

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

:butt:

Orv
May 4, 2011

BMan posted:

so... it's NOT dark souls?

Wapo and all but https://www.washingtonpost.com/video-games/2022/07/16/soulframe-warframe-digital-extremes-elden-ring/

Basically it's going to be Warframe but Slower and Melee Focused with a hub world and what sounds like more variation in the procgen. Steve mentioned there was a ton of mechanical stuff hinted at in the trailer but other people can pick that apart.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

I'm okay with the idea of DE's slowborne monster hunterframe

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Orv posted:

Warframe but Slower

i's funny, I play and enjoy plenty of slow games, but wording it like this turns me completely off

I think im just gonna skip all hype and try to ignore the marketing

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
I like DE enough, I want to see what they make.

But I also can't help but think "Are you going to toss out one of the few big draws from your main project (movement/parkour) and make something incredibly generic.?" So attempting 'no hype, just see what it is when it's a product' mode for me too.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
I find the smell of an earthly man,
Be he living, or be he dead,
His heart this night shall kitchen my bread.

chumbler posted:

Congrats to Reb as well, now the creative director for Warframe. Heck of a career path, she apparently started as an intern back in the dark days for DE, became a community manager, voiced space mom, and now creative director. I probably also missed some steps in there. Genuinely glad to see it.

She bought me a steak once, she's the best. Super glad for her and excited for the Rebb era.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
I find the smell of an earthly man,
Be he living, or be he dead,
His heart this night shall kitchen my bread.

Inzombiac posted:

The discount amount and frequency is dependent on your region and the value of your countries money.
Americans and Europeans get fewer discounts, South America for instance gets them more frequently.

If you are like me and usually take months off of the game between play, when I come back it's always -75% as my login bonus.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Goa Tse-tung posted:

i's funny, I play and enjoy plenty of slow games, but wording it like this turns me completely off

I think im just gonna skip all hype and try to ignore the marketing

So, that’s entirely fair but “Warframe but Slower” here means more Warframe in systemic senses if I had to guess. Collect Souls, weapons, bird magics, level them, enhance them, relevel them.

I obviously don’t know but I don’t think Soulframe is going to have much if any direct gameplay from Warframe in it. You’re going to be grounded and if I had to guess it’s going to play closer to Ghosts of Tsushima than anything else.

We’ll see in a year or so, maybe sooner in a stream.

Orv fucked around with this message at 10:51 on Jul 19, 2022

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Comte de Saint-Germain posted:

If you are like me and usually take months off of the game between play, when I come back it's always -75% as my login bonus.

i came back from a 2 year break to a 20% coupon lol

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
Steve's said many times that Warframe's "speed" has held them back from doing all kinds of things they want to do with the design, and while I'm extremely skeptical of that statement on its face I'm also not sure he actually means the same thing by "speed" I do; that could mean mobility, TTK, mission clear time, any number of things, only some of which I'm really attached to.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I don't think I'd mind something more deliberate than Warframe as long as the effectiveness and customization is there.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
also we can all agree at least one thing, that is holy to modern Warframe, will make a glorious return

rear end

Super Foul Egg
Oct 5, 2005
Don't take me for an ordinary man

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Steve's said many times that Warframe's "speed" has held them back from doing all kinds of things they want to do with the design, and while I'm extremely skeptical of that statement on its face I'm also not sure he actually means the same thing by "speed" I do; that could mean mobility, TTK, mission clear time, any number of things, only some of which I'm really attached to.

I think it's a euphemism for Warframe putting the twitch elements of the game clientside and maintaining a very loose relationship between that and the true online stuff, it's something that's completely baked into the game at this point and the reason for nearly every new feature loving up on release until they've added piles of fixes to stop the seams showing through. By starting from a more integrated base there's much more flexibility to add reactive gameplay that isn't just spam genocide and hope the server keeps the tally roughly synced between everyone.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
I think he always wanted Warframe to be a more methodical character action game and regrets that he accidentally made a musou farmer where the only thing that matters is clearing the level as quickly as possible so you can clear it again as quickly as possible.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

I just happened to come back and start fresh the day before tennocon, and it was a great time for a new account. Potatoed Karak + potatoed prismatic Skana and the fanblades means I think I won't have problems with weapons being too weak for most of the starchart. And a free prime Titania, also potatoed? Really lucky time to reinstall.

I know about using titania to cheese Maroo's ayatan treasure missions, so I'm looking forward to never learning how to correctly do those. Is there anything else she trivializes?

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

A slower Warframe sounds great. I stopped playing in part because the constant button mashing makes my thumb hurt.

Orv
May 4, 2011

big cummers ONLY posted:

I just happened to come back and start fresh the day before tennocon, and it was a great time for a new account. Potatoed Karak + potatoed prismatic Skana and the fanblades means I think I won't have problems with weapons being too weak for most of the starchart. And a free prime Titania, also potatoed? Really lucky time to reinstall.

I know about using titania to cheese Maroo's ayatan treasure missions, so I'm looking forward to never learning how to correctly do those. Is there anything else she trivializes?

Void Cascade on the Zariman is the big one for complete trivialization, though you’re a bit out from that.

You can also build her to be a fissure and relic farmer extraordinaire. Putting Thermal Sunder (Gauss magic clap) on her along with Razorwing Blitz and enough strength means she can finish any fissure in record time. Of course this is more useful in a group of Titania’s doing this or just hellgrinding relics solo for ducat trash (never recommended) but even if the randoms drag rear end you can still drastically speed up the slower linear fissure types.

It is also basically the single most aggressive build in the game (currently anyway) for “Nobody else gets to have any fun” so just be aware of the MRs of people in your fissures and try not to ruin their day.

Orv fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Jul 19, 2022

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

A slower Warframe that's melee focused is what I've been asking for years.

Hypppppeeee

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I'm still bouncing between the Twitch and Warframe support teams just trying to get my drat tennocon drops that never got delivered. :shepface:

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

I'd rather have Warframe but even faster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

qnqnx posted:

I'd rather have Warframe but even faster.

Me too - I'll still play whatever DE releases because I love their overall design ethos, but I'd rather they make something even more abstract and transhumanist with a relentless stream of hypercolor nonsense to decipher every moment and a seconds-based stopwatch in the corner with two digits after the decimal like a drag race just to keep my teeth clenched :pcgaming:

All that said I'm glad they're working on non-Warframe games because they're clearly a creative group and they need more channels to focus that energy into, but I also hope Warframe always sticks around as the place where they do their most experimental work that wouldn't fit in anywhere else