Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yoshi Jjang
Oct 5, 2011

renard renard renarnd renrard

renard

TIP posted:

cogvideo just released a web demo of their AI video tool:
https://wudao.aminer.cn/cogvideo/

it's like the dall-e 2 demo where you can assemble prompts from predefined words and see the prerendered samples but it's pretty neat

"A man in the rain skateboarding"

https://i.imgur.com/QJyw6rb.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Yoshi Jjang posted:

"A man in the rain skateboarding"

https://i.imgur.com/QJyw6rb.mp4

drat, he's good :eyepop:

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

LifeSunDeath posted:

gotta give up on this prompt, I tried it 3 times and got poor results, but I want it so bad:

this is a fun prompt

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Scholtz posted:

this is a fun prompt

oh you did it!

down1nit
Jan 10, 2004

outlive your enemies
I feel jolly right now. This thread is a good one.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Rinkles posted:

HELP!! Every time I click the button, awesome art comes out. How, but also why, would I ever stop clicking the button?!!?

These are with mini? It’s way better than I ever get, can you share some more of your prompts?

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

TIP posted:

it's like the dall-e 2 demo where you can assemble prompts from predefined words and see the prerendered samples but it's pretty neat

"a boy dancing on the grass"

:slick::lmao:

the page is in chinese so I had to use google auto translate to operate it

There’s an English language option at the top right

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

Rime posted:

"Fooling around and using DALL·E 2 inpainting techniques to imagine what weirdness Hieronymus Bosch might have painted if he lived today:"

This is generated? I've never seen this level of detail until now.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Good Sphere posted:

I don't think it could generate something that detailed and coherent in one pass but you can get some pretty crazy results through "uncropping" to progressively add to a generated image.

https://twitter.com/_dschnurr/status/1516449112673071106?s=20&t=G_1EsazxeEBSTOInU_Mzgw

https://twitter.com/_dschnurr/status/1516452702015741954?s=20&t=G_1EsazxeEBSTOInU_Mzgw

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

TIP posted:

I don't think it could generate something that detailed and coherent in one pass but you can get some pretty crazy results through "uncropping" to progressively add to a generated image.

https://twitter.com/_dschnurr/status/1516449112673071106?s=20&t=G_1EsazxeEBSTOInU_Mzgw

https://twitter.com/_dschnurr/status/1516452702015741954?s=20&t=G_1EsazxeEBSTOInU_Mzgw

I see. I expect a lot more people will figure out things like this and put their heads together to make an even more advanced generator. Honestly, I've dreamt about this for years, but now I'm really conflicted by it. I think it will change both how people make art and the generators themselves. Constant clash, and battle, but the generators will win.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

TIP posted:

Womp womp, another PS using liar. J/k these images are incredible, I'm laughing at the future where people get mocked for faking AI images with photoshop and manually generated art. What a world.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
drawing with your hands!? that's like a babies toy

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

This is really cool looking, but "Separate Tooling" is probably making a lot of heavy lifting there.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

TIP posted:

"a boy dancing on the grass"

:slick::lmao:

the page is in chinese so I had to use google auto translate to operate it

they also released all the code AND the model, so hopefully we'll see some free servers pop up soon so we can play with it properly (unfortunately it only takes chinese input, so it will need to be through a layer of translation for most of us)
https://github.com/THUDM/CogVideo

They made an A-ha Take on me video generator

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Popoto posted:

This is really cool looking, but "Separate Tooling" is probably making a lot of heavy lifting there.

nah it's just copypasting poo poo together, it's easy to do

naem
May 29, 2011

Good Sphere posted:

I see. I expect a lot more people will figure out things like this and put their heads together to make an even more advanced generator. Honestly, I've dreamt about this for years, but now I'm really conflicted by it. I think it will change both how people make art and the generators themselves. Constant clash, and battle, but the generators will win.

human beings kinda don’t need, human beings anymore if you have the money for AI

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Good Sphere posted:

those were some of the earliest released samples of dalle2. the difference between dalle mini and dalle2 is insane, I feel like they should be different threads even. dalle mini is what I expect AI art to look like, dalle2 is just spooky how good it is

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Interviewer in 2041: what was your inspiration for this masterpiece?

artist: a picture of a man’s rear end in a top hat and the phrase “really great, a masterpiece”

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

eventually they'll make an advanced chatbot that's really good at coming up with Dalle prompts and like blows your loving mind with it's weird constructions all day, everyday, building an unreal world that's totally out of your control...

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

LifeSunDeath posted:

eventually they'll make an advanced chatbot that's really good at coming up with Dalle prompts and like blows your loving mind with it's weird constructions all day, everyday, building an unreal world that's totally out of your control...

okay, sometimes I go to new sentences never said before subreddit for some real winners.

edit:

"Breastfeeding mom trying to save pet goose being snatched by a bald eagle hyper realisitic" (added hyper realistic

it gets very confused about who is breastfeeding who.

EVIL Gibson fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Jul 17, 2022

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

It's possible in a generation or two of AI that we'll be able to ask it to generate a script about anything it can imagine, animate, and voice act it, for say something visually well defined like the Simpsons.

An old notion but from the character perspective, is there any functional difference between the AI and God? A universe with a creator. A non-contiguous reality.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Sedgr posted:

It's possible in a generation or two of AI that we'll be able to ask it to generate a script about anything it can imagine, animate, and voice act it, for say something visually well defined like the Simpsons.

An old notion but from the character perspective, is there any functional difference between the AI and God? A universe with a creator. A non-contiguous reality.

people are a biological intelligence that came out of a long process of loving around. that we created a digital AI isn't a shock, but it will probably outlast us, or be sent into space as code or some unknown version of itself by it's own will, and that could possibly be the only legacy we leave to the universe. which is strange to think about.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Sedgr posted:

I've been playing around with a concept for a sort of meta AI, an AI composed out of AIs that can self-direct and take multiple types of input and can create multiple types of output to express itself. It would be capable of similar things.

Unfortunately in my testing I've determined most of the smaller language models I have access to aren't quite up to my requirements but systems at the GPT-3 level or higher look very promising for my project. Access to those are currently pretty expensive so I'm backburnering it until the tech becomes more accessible.

Something kinda funny happened during my testing though:

Huggingface cut me off right before the AI could blow the lid off the whole operation. :tinfoil:

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Can someone with Dall-e 2 uncrop this picture using the prompt, "Out on the town having the time of my life with a bunch of friends. They're all laughing too."

For anyone unaware of the reference:
https://twitter.com/nathanfielder/status/620060895209779200?t=NjB3Tp9inviwqeLyc4TZzA&s=19

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

TIP posted:

I've been playing around with a concept for a sort of meta AI, an AI composed out of AIs that can self-direct and take multiple types of input and can create multiple types of output to express itself. It would be capable of similar things.

Unfortunately in my testing I've determined most of the smaller language models I have access to aren't quite up to my requirements but systems at the GPT-3 level or higher look very promising for my project. Access to those are currently pretty expensive so I'm backburnering it until the tech becomes more accessible.

Something kinda funny happened during my testing though:

Huggingface cut me off right before the AI could blow the lid off the whole operation. :tinfoil:

HOLY poo poo

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

TIP posted:

Can someone with Dall-e 2 uncrop this picture using the prompt, "Out on the town having the time of my life with a bunch of friends. They're all laughing too."

For anyone unaware of the reference:
https://twitter.com/nathanfielder/status/620060895209779200?t=NjB3Tp9inviwqeLyc4TZzA&s=19

Can't, Dall-E will not allow uploads of realistic people full-stop. Has to be an animal or cartoon or something.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

not my prompt

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

KakerMix posted:

Can't, Dall-E will not allow uploads of realistic people full-stop. Has to be an animal or cartoon or something.

That may be the policy but I wonder how effectively it's implemented. They also say they block inputs of real people in the prompts but I've seen a lot of those being created by people well after they said they'd implemented that.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

since my uncropping dreams probably won't come true I tried putting the original tweet text into dall-e mini and replicate glid-3-xl

replicate took the frame part very seriously lol

also tried just describing the original picture to see how close it would get

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
Switchblade Switcharoo

KakerMix posted:

What if it wasn't technically a human but an X-man?

quote:

For those who are not fluent in geek-speak, the most engrossing part of the X-Men universe is the question it forces the reader to contemplate: “What does it mean to be human?” Marvel’s writers and artists come down firmly in favor of calling the X-Men and all the members of their humanoid universe humans, but the execs who found an interesting way to save nearly 50 percent on taxes (and thus dramatically reduce their landed costs) saw the benefits of classifying the members of the X-Men as non-humans.

After a decade-long legal battle, Marvel won the right to call their action figures non-human and have since saved millions on import taxes for their highly successful action figure franchise.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

KakerMix posted:

Just don't include the person in frame. Easy!

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Tunicate posted:

lol thanks

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

Tunicate posted:

Never have fun, not even with yourself.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

This Is the Zodiac fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Jul 18, 2022

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Snowy posted:

These are with mini? It’s way better than I ever get, can you share some more of your prompts?

Yeah mini. I’ve had the best results with stylized art, but photography occasionally works out too. My favorite is beginning with something like “70s surreal movie poster of…” Avoid 80s unless you want some synth wave to creep in.

Also you want to give the algorithm enough detail to work with. Some simple prompts will give good results, but I find it really rewards a bit of work and experimentation. Spend a few spins iterating on an idea until you get something interesting and then let your imagination guide you further. A lot of the time I’ll get an output that catches my eye and then use it as a new direction.

The model’s also great at coloring. You can append any set of colors to a prompt you like, and it’ll almost always find a way of making it work. That’s why I think the tech is not just useful for generating complete pieces (at least when the resolution improves), but also just a tool for inspiration and guidance.

Modifiers like symmetrical and geometric can be useful.

(yeah I like using dystopian as a modifier)

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Jul 18, 2022

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Thanks, they look great!!

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

LifeSunDeath posted:

they just need to make an AI that looks at dalle images and writes forum posts about them then the circle will be complete

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ogdred Weary
Jul 1, 2007

A is for Amy who fell down the stairs
I made some "average somethingawful.com users" with MidJourney

Adjusting for gender bias

Ethnicity bias is a thing!
Adding a negative weight to 'caucasian' or 'white people' gave some extra cursed results

Some cursed closeups

Do you want a gross avatar? Let me know

Ogdred Weary fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Jul 19, 2022