Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

every tedious film idiot with a bad brain, 1990s-2010s: you could never make Blazing Saddles today

2022: we made Blazing Saddles For Actual Babies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Filthy Hans posted:

lol Aasif Mandvi, didn't he forsake tv to focus on Broadway drama

guess it didn't pay the bills

i looked him up and he's like fifteen years older than i expected

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

i say swears online posted:

are they gonna say the n-word

edit

lol i was thinking of the old lady

Up yours, pupper!

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Filthy Hans posted:

lol Aasif Mandvi, didn't he forsake tv to focus on Broadway drama

guess it didn't pay the bills

He was also in the TLA movie

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

HootTheOwl posted:

Up yours, pupper!

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

DoombatINC posted:

every tedious film idiot with a bad brain, 1990s-2010s: you could never make Blazing Saddles today

2022: we made Blazing Saddles For Actual Babies

This is insane

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
If they don't recreate The French Mistake then I'm not interested
https://youtu.be/JMK6lzmSk2o

That whole ending sequence, really

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/boygrrI/status/1548680960761282560

great things are happening in india

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

C-Euro posted:

If they don't recreate The French Mistake then I'm not interested
https://youtu.be/JMK6lzmSk2o

That whole ending sequence, really

wow

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

I would be the nerd sitting there fuming and wishing everyone would shut up.

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

i say swears online posted:

legitimately do not know if that's a sequel to something or not. it looks like every cgi movie to come out since 2004

Your brain has been re-programmed into mush.

So lately I got really into "cyberpunk" music.
All the songs sound pretty much the same with only minor differences, but those tiny differences actually matter when you want a hand full of songs as your go to "cyberpunk" mix.

Same thing happened to synthwave, everybody in that genre of music, are versed enough in that sound that when said label is spoken a mental short hand appears in their mush minds.
Anybody can say the same thing for grunge, but artists still stand out. It isn't as debased as electronic music is.

We need to make a CGI pet movie, but what gimmick do we use?
Kung fu? Eventually fast and furious? Superheroes? Star trekwars? Detective? Just rip off ghost busters.
You can see all these movies in your head already!

mazzi Chart Czar has issued a correction as of 21:34 on Jul 17, 2022

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
my idea for a cute talking animal movie is one about the all the birds that hang out eating trash in the walmart parking lot . lots of potential characters, snarky crow, escaped pet parrot, seagull bully.

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

uber_stoat posted:

my idea for a cute talking animal movie is one about the all the birds that hang out eating trash in the walmart parking lot . lots of potential characters, snarky crow, escaped pet parrot, seagull bully.

but what, semi beloved pop song will you license for your commercial?

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

but what, semi beloved pop song will you license for your commercial?

its Mighty Mighty Bosstones - The Impression That I Get and a woodpecker is going to peck on a wearied seagull's head during the "neeeever had to knock on wood" refrain, this motherfucker writes itself, its kind of weird that it doesnt already exist via the properties of inertia

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Check out the cast, lmao.

hey where the white cats at

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

there's a sarcastic raccoon with a pet baby possum as a background character, the raccoon is voiced by David Cross and the possum speaks in cute chitters and squeaks done by Frank Welker, much of the marketing push centers on the possum because test audiences responded favorably to it

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Frank Welker da gawd

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Grevling posted:

I would be the nerd sitting there fuming and wishing everyone would shut up.

Haha, that happens so loving much dude. Its fun and all for the first time. Later on you want to watch the movie.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I think it would be fun as hell if you’re seeing a movie a second time

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

Your brain has been re-programmed into mush.

So lately I got really into "cyberpunk" music.
All the songs sound pretty much the same with only minor differences, but those tiny differences actually matter when you want a hand full of songs as your go to "cyberpunk" mix.

Same thing happened to synthwave, everybody in that genre of music, are versed enough in that sound that when said label is spoken a mental short hand appears in their mush minds.
Anybody can say the same thing for grunge, but artists still stand out. It isn't as debased as electronic music is.

We need to make a CGI pet movie, but what gimmick do we use?
Kung fu? Eventually fast and furious? Superheroes? Star trekwars? Detective? Just rip off ghost busters.
You can see all these movies in your head already!

They’re already making a superpets movie about Supermans dog, voiced by the rock

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

McCloud posted:

They’re already making a superpets movie about Supermans dog, voiced by the rock

I am a proud owner of a mush brain.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Only Murders in this Building has introduced charles-Haden's estranged ex step daughter and she is ilan incredibly online college student.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

McCloud posted:

I liked it. The Rock rules.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Mr Hootington posted:

Only Murders in this Building has introduced charles-Haden's estranged ex step daughter and she is ilan incredibly online college student.

What's her user name

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

HootTheOwl posted:

What's her user name

They never said, but season 2 has been pretty good.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

when you know exactly what you like and don't mince words about it

https://i.imgur.com/oYFFSiV.mp4

also loving how you can just see all over his face that Charles Lane couldn't wait to deliver that line :haw:

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheEconomist/status/1548137123802296322

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/AP/status/1548807276672204800?s=20

Hollywood is healing

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Watching last season of Better Call Saul.

The character motivations are absolute nonsense. Nobody has any real reason to do anything beyond "that's who they are". Someone compared the show to the MCU and I understand it now.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

McCloud posted:

Shocking it took that long, Krypto goes WAY back.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Nobody has any real reason to do anything beyond "that's who they are"

that…. that’s how motivation works

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

like everyone on the show has been pretty two dimensional from episode one idk how you’re just realizing that they will behave in the same way (with some fiddling at the margins) regardless of the situation

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

indigi posted:

like everyone on the show has been pretty two dimensional from episode one idk how you’re just realizing that they will behave in the same way (with some fiddling at the margins) regardless of the situation

I guess it just loving hit me how two dimensional everyone was. Maybe I was a bit dazzled by the technical skill.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

kim getting really horny and diving headfirst into scam after scam is certainly questionable but it does get the goods

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

what is it about resident evil that makes it so people making adaptations lose 50 iq points?

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

indigi posted:

that…. that’s how motivation works

that's half of how it works

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
Characters acting in accordance with their pre established personality traits. Always the surest sign of bad writing.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Mantis42 posted:

what is it about resident evil that makes it so people making adaptations lose 50 iq points?

they only pick up on the American elements and are totally deaf to the Japanese ones

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

War and Pieces posted:

they only pick up on the American elements and are totally deaf to the Japanese ones

Feels easy but that wouldn't surprise me.

It's more that Hollywood still has very little understanding of and utter contempt for video games, so they pay the least amount of attention they can get away with and shove in the standard formula of the day or whatever half-formed ideas they think will 'make it better'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Mantis42 posted:

It's a kind of shallow/incoherent setup to begin with. To adapt a full, watchable script out of Resident Evil you need to actually fill in a whole load of gaps (and not gently caress that up)

It's easier to just copy-paste the name "Wesker" onto a prewritten bad script. Again