Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Mouzer posted:

Went for a ride. The highway was significantly less intimidating this time with earphones in. Highly recomended

Wear actual earplugs when riding. Your future self without tinnitus will thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?

Slavvy posted:

They're about the same as an sv, not great not terrible. I think owning jabba's hover barge has skewed your highway expectations :v:

I prefer the term pleasure barge.

I'm kidding, I don't have that. Jesus Christ why does that exist.

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?

Mouzer posted:

Went for a ride. The highway was significantly less intimidating this time with earphones in. Highly recomended

Hell yeah Rebel buddy :hfive:

Also, what the goon above me said about earplugs is very true. They are your friend.

Jcam
Jan 4, 2009

Yourhead
The longest stretch of highway I’ve done on my Scrambler was about 10 hours, but that was fine and I was just hungry after. Very comfortable bike and very capable of gobbling up highway kilometres.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Yeah wind noise overpowers your motor after like 70mph anyway, and it’s at a level that can cause permanent damage.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

If you're doing lots of interstate 65mph+ (jesus why), then you're gonna want something like these: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DKX79T2

Earphones are not PPE and are not tested as such, so we don't really know if something like the airpods pros will protect your hearing even if "in theory" it should work.

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

I have these and they're fantastic: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075SJ3Y8M

Don't gently caress around with your hearing

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

It was lovely and sunny yesterday morning, so went out to get some peaches from the local farmers vending machine, and took the long way there and back:

gileadexile
Jul 20, 2012

Gonna call an audible in that technically my Magna is in the background of one of these pics, but check it out! An original Moke!

Mouzer
May 9, 2006
Feed the fish!

opengl128 posted:

Wear actual earplugs when riding. Your future self without tinnitus will thank you.

drat, I misstyped that. I did in fact wear foam earplugs, and they were significantly better on the highway. The Cardo speakers still worked well too!

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Went on a short trip to central/eastern Washington this weekend. The speed twin really is a great bike.

Just a shot from the driveway at where I stayed in Peshastin.

Wenatchee River along WA-97.

WA-2 just outside Cle Elum.

All images here.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

That's an excellent colour scheme.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

I think my neighbour got issues:

(He found a mint 749R and is selling the equally mint 749S..luckily I don't have the cash for it)

Redvenom
Jun 17, 2003
I also owe BunnyX :10Bux:
Is that an original hypermotard with the bar end mirrors/indicators?

More pics of that if you can please.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Mouzer posted:

drat, I misstyped that. I did in fact wear foam earplugs, and they were significantly better on the highway. The Cardo speakers still worked well too!

Ah good good. Stash a handful somewhere on the bike too.

its all nice on rice posted:

Went on a short trip to central/eastern Washington this weekend. The speed twin really is a great bike.

Just a shot from the driveway at where I stayed in Peshastin.

Wenatchee River along WA-97.

WA-2 just outside Cle Elum.

All images here.

Love it.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

ImplicitAssembler posted:

I think my neighbour got issues:

(He found a mint 749R and is selling the equally mint 749S..luckily I don't have the cash for it)

I got 99 problems and none of them run

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

Jcam posted:

The longest stretch of highway I’ve done on my Scrambler was about 10 hours, but that was fine and I was just hungry after. Very comfortable bike and very capable of gobbling up highway kilometres.

I recently did two 9-hour days back-to-back on mine. It really does do highways surprisingly well. It was all great except the last few hours of day two had my legs feeling a little cramped.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Redvenom posted:

Is that an original hypermotard with the bar end mirrors/indicators?

More pics of that if you can please.

I believe so. It was out today, but I'll try to grab some pics next time.

Also just installed a pair of Pazzo shorty levers on my GXSR. Brake lever is *so* much better. Why isn't this standard? The geometry is so much better.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Because your hands aren't the only hands, probably.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Slavvy posted:

Because your hands aren't the only hands, probably.

PPhhttttTt!

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

gileadexile posted:

Gonna call an audible in that technically my Magna is in the background of one of these pics, but check it out! An original Moke!

Mokes are pretty much all a car needs to be and it annoys me we armour the gently caress out of cars and insulate them from the outside and how fast they're going. Car design all round has fell off and I guess that's the reason why I now have a bike to go with all my old analogue cars :v:

Jcam
Jan 4, 2009

Yourhead

Professor Wayne posted:

I recently did two 9-hour days back-to-back on mine. It really does do highways surprisingly well. It was all great except the last few hours of day two had my legs feeling a little cramped.

Yeah! I'd rather ride 10 hours on the Scrambler than two hours on my friend's Scout Bobber - I rode it for about four to five hours straight one day and I'll never do it again.

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

I'm going to take the Scrambler to work tomorrow, 70km each way. Autoroute on the way there, twisties on the way home.

Hot and sunny tomorrow.

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

I took the Blade instead. So good.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Sportsbikes doubleplusgood.

(Went on the usual ride today, no time for pictures, as I was supposed to be working).

The GSXR keeps surprising me with just how much it can do, with relative ease. I'm curious if newer models are even easier to ride.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Sportsbikes doubleplusgood.

(Went on the usual ride today, no time for pictures, as I was supposed to be working).

The GSXR keeps surprising me with just how much it can do, with relative ease. I'm curious if newer models are even easier to ride.

They are exactly the same but with electronic aids.

Literally, the fundamental frame and engine architecture have not changed since 2008.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

My favorite gixxxah thing is it beat a new Ducati around a track in this revzilla episode: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=q0O8Q0x38mI

Not exactly apples and apples but still cool to see an old bike win this one.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Aaand on that note, I'll have to sell mine.

A unique job opportunity has turned up, which means moving to Northern Alberta, where corners are forbidden (and snow 7 months a year anyway).
I'm looking at at least 3 years before I can move to some real roads again. (And yes, it will entirely be worth it).
I considered just parking it, but sportsbikes are selling for silly prices right now and the spare cash will come in handy anyway.
Sucks as I love this bike, but I'm sure I'll love the next one too.

Meanwhile, I'll probably get a dual sport/dirt bike..

LimaBiker
Dec 9, 2020

Road legal dirt bike + studded tires + perhaps an uprated generator to run heated gear.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

LimaBiker posted:

Road legal dirt bike + studded tires + perhaps an uprated generator to run heated gear.

It's Northern Alberta. You'll need full-on snowmobiling gear. Might as well just get a snowmobile.

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

NA/NB Miata with a Paco Motorsports lift kit is the ticket for motorcycle levels of enjoyment in Northern Alberta.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Aaand on that note, I'll have to sell mine.

A unique job opportunity has turned up, which means moving to Northern Alberta, where corners are forbidden (and snow 7 months a year anyway).
I'm looking at at least 3 years before I can move to some real roads again. (And yes, it will entirely be worth it).
I considered just parking it, but sportsbikes are selling for silly prices right now and the spare cash will come in handy anyway.
Sucks as I love this bike, but I'm sure I'll love the next one too.

Meanwhile, I'll probably get a dual sport/dirt bike..

SNOWTERCYCLE!!!

ktm 500 with a snow bike kit. :hellyeah:

A mere twenty five thousand dollars total.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Doing my usual route through BC

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

Phy posted:

:hellyeah:

Megabook
Mar 13, 2019

Grimey Drawer
I rode past a guy who takes pictures of bikers the other day. Quite happy with this. I should wash my bike though.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Phy posted:

Nice! I'm in Golden getting lunch, then hotel in Kamloops tonight, then taking the 99 down to Vancouver. It was supposed to be a longer, more scenic trip this time, but fate and fuckery conspired to make it a direct shot. Still get to take the 99 from Kamloops at least, I've been wanting to do that.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Awesome, I've never done the 99! Hope it's a good time!

This kid at the Petrocan in Golden wanted to take pictures of my bike yesterday. I wish it'd been a little cleaner, but of course I was like yeah go ahead dude... Wonder where those are gonna end up!

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

There’s really something great about riding all day then rolling into your spot for the night stiff and tired and peeling off all that gear. I bet it’s even more amazing with camping instead of a hotel or something

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

A MIRACLE posted:

There’s really something great about riding all day then rolling into your spot for the night stiff and tired and peeling off all that gear. I bet it’s even more amazing with camping instead of a hotel or something

It's the most amazing possible if there's a hot tub at the end of that day. A jump in a lake is a close runner up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I don't have either of those handy but I do have a shower

I should go do that before my wife gets home

Also, ow

(Lol I was talking to a Harley guy on the ferry today who was wearing a safety yellow textile jacket and basketball shorts - he was like, "Hey, if you ever think about selling your bike..." and I literally went "Hahaha ha no")