Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Joey McChrist posted:

love it when a classic appears

tag urself im the guy duct taped to the roof

I'm the dad who is not in the picture but is sitting upstairs, day drinking and wondering where it all went wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

im about to watch The Black Phone!!!!!

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Just catalogued our vinyl collection, a project that has been eluding my will to do it for months. 168 vinyl records and only one duplicate. I am genuinely impressed with ourselves. Prince and Rush are tied for most prolific artist in my collection, with the Beatles, Bowie and Sir Elton John all rounding out a close second. My prize collections are still Mickey Mouse Disco and my 45 of My Dingaling

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
For any of you who enjoy drafts, as well as hockey, SAS is doing an all time NHL draft. Select any hockey team not already taken, and once we get enough teams, we'll begin. Sign up link below.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=4006477&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post524658415

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Made a stir fry of chicken, diced peppers, diced jalapenos, diced avocados and brussels sprouts. Turned out well except for the sprouts. I think I just don't like sprouts. I'll use lima beans next time. I got my bowflex put together and will start working out tomorrow. Since my doctor's visit last week I've gone from 330 to 324. So far so good

Shard fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Jul 17, 2022

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Joey McChrist posted:

love it when a classic appears

tag urself im the guy duct taped to the roof

I am one of the other nondescript fellows.

sitting here transferring nintendo switch data from a 128gb microsd card to a 256gb, which entails copying the data onto your computer then onto the new card. taking the data off is going to take an hour on my lovely old $15 card reader, and i imagine putting it back onto the new one will take the same amount of time. i'll do anything for my nintendo

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

black phone... no bueno

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

foldable black phone (sequel)

two black phones. (alt. sequel title)

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I thought it was supposed to be a decent horror flick

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Cavauro lost the gaming competition

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I thought it was okay, but not scary at all, it kind of made little sense also. Maybe it was bad.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

That’s your opinion on everything!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i had to forfeit the gaming competition. Everyone started laughing and some people were farting during their laughing. big poo poo sounds.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
all right my dudes I would love some help brainstorming ideas for my wife’s bday coming up. I am good on gifts, but she likes having it feel like a moderate-to-big deal. I am very laid back for anything celebrating me so it doesn’t come all that natural. In the past couple of years I’ve put up a bunch of kitschy animal decorations all over the house, put up big banners in different spots, ordered her flowers, and stuff like that. All of these were big hits. Also last year I speed-built and primed an entire Age of Sigmar army that I had been slowly accumulating all year long and did a big reveal (it is still unpainted lol).

But we’re tired as hell from the newborn and also poor now also from the newborn, so any cool cheap ideas of how to show someone they are loved on a birthday would be really helpful!

Also we are Covid-cautious as hell so LOL there will be no party or get-togethers outside of maybe her parents, who we trust. I figure no matter what I’ll get her flowers again at the minimum.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

What about an at home spa day? You take care of the baby while she gets a good bath bomb to soak in and some of her favorite sparkly liquid and some charteurcie(?)/ other fancy food to sip and nibble on while she soaks. Maybe some new bath and body works stuff like lotion and a playlist of her favorite relaxing songs while all this happens could fit the bill.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

how about you borrow a TON of baby dolls from the library and put them all over the house, with an audio recording of a baby crying very loud playing and she has to find the 'right one' (your real baby) and then you turn off the audio and present her with a huge delicious hamburger. cost is anywhere between 12 and 40 dollars depending on if for some reason you need audio player plus whatever the burger ends up costing.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

only about 30 minutes left on transfering data to the new microsd card.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it got finished in case you was wondering but i forgot to format the new card into fat32. i have to see if switch will accept it. it might not

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it accepted it.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

that's nice. i'm glad stuff just works for you when you need it to. i'm glad it wasn't an emulated SD card that doesn't transfer from game to game, with no indication. all the featurtes you need, right there. hey i'm really REALLY glad for you.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

yea. live and don't learn anything. everything just works out and i don't have to do anything or think

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
Can't go to the DEFY show tonight. Anyone want my ticket?

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Bought 13 total Criterions for the month. Today’s haul should (SHOULD) be the last for the season. Now up to 50 Criterions (and god knows how many Kino Lorbers, Shout Factorys, Arrow Videos, etc).

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

probly like 22 of those.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Some guy flagged me down and said Just Use Retroarch. Then ran into the hills. I didn’t understand what he meant until I read this thread.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I picked up a bunch of games on the big xbox digital sale and I got a copy of Elden Ring for xbox on disc - it was down to $35 on Gamefly. I just have this big list of games on xbox that I'm picking up as they go on sale.

I got:

Castlevania collection
Castlevania advance collection
Castlevania Lord of Shadows 1 and 2 and Mirror of Fate
Bulletstorm Full Clip Edition (I picked it up just because of Jen Hale's wonderful cursing in it)
DBZ Kakarot
Tekken 7
Life is Strange Remaster
Life is Strange 2
Resident Evil 2 and 3 remake
Silent Hill 2 and 3
Metal Gear Solid 5
Tony Hawk 1 and 2 remake
Blue Dragon
Lost Odyssey
Red Faction Armageddon
Zone of Enders HD Collection
Contra Anniversary Collection
Fighting Vipers
Soul Calibur 6

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

mistwalker supremacy

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

I went on a pretty bleh coffee date and the girl texted me “thanks for the practice.” Afterwards.

I can’t help but laugh.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

NienNunb posted:

Bought 13 total Criterions for the month. Today’s haul should (SHOULD) be the last for the season. Now up to 50 Criterions (and god knows how many Kino Lorbers, Shout Factorys, Arrow Videos, etc).

i saw thief there in the pic you posted :discourse:

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

would just like everyone to know, who was deeply invested in my story over the past day or two, that all you have to do is rename Suikoden (USA) (v1.1).SaveRAM to Suikoden II (USA).SaveRAM, and it tricks the computer into using the same fake memory card, that has the Suikoden (USA) (v1.1) data on it, therefore it can be transferred to Suikoden II (USA), once again proving the supremacy of man over machine.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Joey McChrist posted:

Michael Mann Facts

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

The Stroker Ace posted:

I went on a pretty bleh coffee date and the girl texted me “thanks for the practice.” Afterwards.

I can’t help but laugh.

harsh but fair

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

yea ok posted:

would just like everyone to know, who was deeply invested in my story over the past day or two, that all you have to do is rename Suikoden (USA) (v1.1).SaveRAM to Suikoden II (USA).SaveRAM, and it tricks the computer into using the same fake memory card, that has the Suikoden (USA) (v1.1) data on it, therefore it can be transferred to Suikoden II (USA), once again proving the supremacy of man over machine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUVOftbhsYo (watch if your name is ian)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVoZ7VD7y3Y (watch if other name)

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

I remembered because I, in what I thought would be a futile effort, was clicking around folders, and went to the PSX SaveRAM folder. There was a file named pee.SaveRAM which reminded me that when I played Resident Evil 2, when I got to Disc 2 I had the same problem. I found this solution then, but had forgotten it in the years since. I remembered it now. Happy ending for all. The SD card worked.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i found out the file format i used (did not change from) can cause switch games to have corrupted data and so forth. very funny. funnier thing is the switch would have just formatted it to the correct format in 1 second, or i could have googled which one to use when i did it myself and done that in 5 sec onds. but instead i guessed the wrong one out of 2. i'm going to just let the corruption happen and curse myself later

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

jsppy birthday

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Joey McChrist posted:

Is Thief Michael Mann’s best movie? Some say maybe!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

thought about it. i should put thjajt drat sd card into my phone and just transfer the files much faster back n forth off of that. the phone is ancient technology that allowed a microsd card. if i end up doing this i'll let you know

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
On the last set of levels in Neon White. It's my GOTY unless God of War and Bayonetta outdo it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

here's how it went down.
i took the card out of the nintendo switch.
i put the card into the telephone.
i plugged the telephone into the computer.
i copied the files off the nintendo switch card onto my computer.
i took out the nintendo switch card.
this is a list of the things i did to format my nintendo switch microsd card again without having to wait 2.5 hours for it.
i formatted the nintendo switch card into the exact proper format inside of the nintendo switch.
i put the nintendo switch card back into the telephone.
i copied the nintendo switch files onto the nintendo switch card.
i took the card out of the telephone.
i put the card back into the nintendo switch.
the card doesn't work any more.
thanks to all.