Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
gently caress the...
This poll is closed.
Cowboys 82 42.05%
Commanders (really, that's the name?) 38 19.49%
Giants 29 14.87%
Eagles 46 23.59%
Total: 116 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

I'm hoping worst case scenario Hurts maintains his running, leads a fun playoff push and brings back a decent draft haul from a team desperate for any QBs.

It's not unheard of for a bad team with a shaky wr corps to try for some relevance with a Mobile QB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

He was a playoff qb last year already

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

There is more to being a nfl qb than making throws

Jeff George could make throws .

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Hahahahah

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

euphronius posted:

He was a playoff qb last year already

Tim Tebow won a playoff game

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

And had terrible leadership skills yes

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Technically Trent Dilfer won a superbowl. Nick Foles won one for us. You can get away with a mediocre QB and tbh I think we'll do better than ppl think this year, defense looks decent and the offense is set up to not be able to fail. If Hurts is mediocre again, we can easily move on by snagging a QB in the draft with all the capital we have. If he looks decent, we can *still* move on but we get extra time with a fine mentor QB at the helm and give our new QB more of a chance. gently caress, theres even the remote possibility that he ends up playing well!

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

They need to move the season up a month. This Hurts conversation basically repeats itself all the time. Just need him to play and show what he can do already.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I mean think of posting right now as a community stretch, getting our calves ready for the hot takes of september.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Hurts seemed incredibly boring the ~2 games I saw him play.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
I’m going to drop so many hot Giants will win the super bowl takes in 2 weeks or so.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

davecrazy posted:

I’m going to drop so many hot Giants will win the super bowl takes in 2 weeks or so.

En Taro Adun

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Has Snyder been extradited yet?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

predicto posted:

Has Snyder been extradited yet?

Lol, that doesn’t happen to the rich.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Cartoon Man posted:

Lol, that doesn’t happen to the rich.

A man can dream

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

davecrazy posted:

go for it, little buddy

let wings take dream

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

davecrazy posted:

Can we pair this with a classic “gently caress the Cowboys”?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

fartknocker posted:

Can we pair this with a classic “gently caress the Cowboys”?

That's a seasoning that goes with everything.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/1549740905174900736?s=20&t=Dxy0GWEacB4i3zghu7Q_mQ

:hellyeah:

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
I have eternal and unjustified optimism about the Cowboys, because football.

Dallas Can Win 12+ Games Because:
- Tyler Smith is an upgrade at Guard, and offers position flexibility for Tackle if Tyron takes time off, which lets Steele stay at right tackle, Biadisz takes the next step at center, and the line gets its run-blocking house in order; a healthy portion of their run game deficiencies last year were missed blocks at the second level, and bad protection, and Connor Williams getting blown off his sawhorse too many times.
- Tony Pollard sees the usage his production demands because the FO knows its going to cut Zeke this offseason and wants to make the transition justified, and/or Zeke is healthier and performs at 2017/18 levels.
- Dalton Schultz, who's already a good run blocker, and possession receiver, adds a vertical threat to his game, which is the big separator between him and the top tight ends in the league. If he can start doing damage in the seams and drawing safety help, the passing game can absolutely weather the loss of Amari.
- The oft-unmentioned FA Dante Fowler, Jr., who had 11 sacks a couple seasons ago can be yet another in the long line of Cowboys D-Line reclamation projects (which they've been exceedingly good at the last 10 years) and fill Randy Gregory's shoes, while Ose Odigizuwa (not looking it up to spell correctly) has the breakout season that is obviously coming. D-Law is D-Law, and Sam Williams is exciting.
- The Cowboys play a little easier schedule, compared to last year, and Moore has had time to work out solutions to the rolling 2-hi shell that Denver, and subsequent teams (like SF) used to great effect to shut down the offense.
- Many of their turnovers were scheme-based, rather than of the 'luck' variety, so the numbers hold, or translate to more pressure at the line of scrimmage.
- Dak is healthier, and better able to scramble and use his footwork, no more passing off his back foot, and overthrowing receivers.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Being a pessimist:

Dallas Can Lose 10+ Games Because:
- Tyron is almost cooked, had a terrible game against SF, failed to upgrade anywhere on an O-line that was already having trouble run blocking, and a Rookie Right Guard out of JuCo is not the answer.
- Jerruh shows up at McCarthy's house in the middle of the night, standing in the yard, slowly making the "feed Zeke" hand motion over and over.
- *looks at the WR corp, stabs self in balls*
- Jarwin Gone, now its Schultz, who's not a deep threat, plus Some Guy Named Furgeson at TE and a special teams player.
- Micah, D-Law and Diggs, plus 9 guys named Herb, our 2nd round corner from two years ago is going to prison as an accessory, and we lost the glue guys from ATL that played hybrid safety/LB under Quinn and its a huge question mark who might fill those rolls.
- Out of conference schedule got easier, but the division got better, and its not unimaginable that they lose 3 to 5 division games.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Dallas can lose all games because gently caress the Cowboys and Dak Prescott is not an elite quarterback.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Cartoon Man posted:

Dallas can lose all games because gently caress the Cowboys and Dak Prescott is not an elite quarterback.

A salient point.
Counterpoint: cowboys win the next superbowl.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

About loving time

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Daniel Jones' transformation into Dave Brown can now be complete

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Is that different from their current uniform ?

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

blarzgh posted:

Being a pessimist:

Dallas Can Lose 10+ Games Because:
- Tyron is almost cooked, had a terrible game against SF, failed to upgrade anywhere on an O-line that was already having trouble run blocking, and a Rookie Right Guard out of JuCo is not the answer.
- Jerruh shows up at McCarthy's house in the middle of the night, standing in the yard, slowly making the "feed Zeke" hand motion over and over.
- *looks at the WR corp, stabs self in balls*
- Jarwin Gone, now its Schultz, who's not a deep threat, plus Some Guy Named Furgeson at TE and a special teams player.
- Micah, D-Law and Diggs, plus 9 guys named Herb, our 2nd round corner from two years ago is going to prison as an accessory, and we lost the glue guys from ATL that played hybrid safety/LB under Quinn and its a huge question mark who might fill those rolls.
- Out of conference schedule got easier, but the division got better, and its not unimaginable that they lose 3 to 5 division games.

I want you to know that your posting is generally Good Posting, but I really enjoyed this one -- not even necessarily because of the Cowboys pessimism, but just in being real funny about it. Maybe before the trade deadline you can acquire a tenth guy named Herb, that should help.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Let's hear it for Herb

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Rogue Elephant posted:

Daniel Jones' transformation into Dave Brown can now be complete

Does that make Saquon Barkley into Rodney Hampton?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/lanejohnson65/status/1549907626665943041?s=21&t=RIWS9HW3w9UYjiwF7H2yzg

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Herb is my real name.

Let's here it for me.

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

fartknocker posted:

Does that make Saquon Barkley into Rodney Hampton?

Yes, And Adoree Jackson is Phillippi Sparks. Even wears the same number

edit: not sure who this generation's Jesse Armstead is, but he better arrive soon

Rogue Elephant fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Jul 21, 2022

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
" Any assumption from the regular season—when Pollard had 115 fewer touches than Ezekiel Elliott despite being far more efficient—that Kellen Moore was strategically saving a heavy dose of Pollard for a game of massive import proved to be folly. This was just more of the same. 

You may have heard Pollard’s Pro Football Focus grade referenced throughout last season. Per PFF, he finished the season with the fourth-highest offensive grade among 60 qualified running backs.

However, their advanced metrics are where we can really dig into why a player is grading so highly. I’ll give you the spoiler right up front: there is not a single rate-based metric where Elliott outperforms Pollard. 

If we consider yards after contact per attempt, Pollard ranks fourth and Elliott 40th (again, out of 60). This is a stat that attempts to isolate running back play from the performance of the offensive line. Same story with missed forced tackles per attempt, where Pollard ranks 13th while Elliott checks in at 54th. 

The goal of the offense is to move the chains and score points. Twenty-five percent of Pollard’s carries result in first downs or touchdowns, good for 11th-best in the NFL. Elliott’s mark ranks 43rd.

There are three common refrains I’ve heard in defense of Pollard’s limited usage. The first is very easy to disprove: while Pollard is explosive, the plays when he doesn’t break something off too often result in negative yardage. Well, Pollard had the fifth-fewest percent of his rushing attempts result in no gain or a loss of yards. (Elliott did rank a respectable 21st in this category last season.)"

https://www.dmagazine.com/sports/2022/07/its-now-or-never-for-the-cowboys-to-unleash-tony-pollard/

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Madden says Diggs is not a top 10 CB.

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1550172704828899329

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Happy birthday, Zeke!

Despite hating the way the cowboys have I've managed their resources, you definitely been the most fun running back in the NFL since you came into the league.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Diggs is v good but he’s a feast or famine type of guy so it kinda makes sense to me.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

blarzgh posted:

Happy birthday, Zeke!

Despite hating the way the cowboys have I've managed their resources, you definitely been the most fun running back in the NFL since you came into the league.

The gently caress out of here with this poo poo. Derrick Henry, Alvin Kamara, Christian Mccaffrey, Nick Chubb...? Hell, Saquon Barkley is more fun to watch than anyone when he's healthy.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

BiggerBoat posted:

The gently caress out of here with this poo poo. Derrick Henry, Alvin Kamara, Christian Mccaffrey, Nick Chubb...? Hell, Saquon Barkley is more fun to watch than anyone when he's healthy.

I think you just don't "get" straight lines of 4 yards or less.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

So who’s going to be the biggest NFC East disappointment this season not named Carson Wentz?