Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

the navy kept adding poison to the grain alcohol they used in torpedo motors to get sailors to stop drinking it but they kept on finding ways to separate the poison from the alcohol. never underestimate somebody’s desire to get drunk at sea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

emfive posted:

Conservative estimates say that it'll be about 900 years before France can be confident that all the unexploded munitions have floated up to the surface to be removed across the entire front. 900 years.

Emfive what do you know about downtown mckinney

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

:whitewater:

also reminds me how people like Ben Shapiro or that long-haired conservative/activist gay guy will never be accepted no matter how much they lick boot

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

Buddykins posted:

Emfive what do you know about downtown mckinney

It's Historic.

Also there is apparently at least one good antique mall there, this is based on my wife's investigations.

Too Many Birds
Jan 8, 2020

i feel like horror movies haven't tapped into WWI as a setting as much as they could.

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

Too Many Birds posted:

i feel like horror movies haven't tapped into WWI as a setting as much as they could.

Time to recommend Kubrick's Paths of Glory, absolutely fantastic

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

Sherbert Hoover posted:

That being said pfc definitely was an rear end in a top hat before people started talking poo poo to him about it

SomethingBeautiful
Oct 22, 2008

Some celestial event. No- no words. No words to describe it. Poetry! They should have sent a poet. So beautiful. So beautiful... I had no idea

Space Jam posted:

ah yes, “torpedo juice” it’s called

could get this whole thread trashed on one of those

Kedzie Matthews
Jun 21, 2021

by Azathoth
as a gift for Christmas I received a beautiful wooden champagne bottle box from an uncle. it held the champagne bottle used to christen the boat my grandfather sailed off to serve in the German front in ww2

it was so cool. just this amazing legacy. my great grandmother was the one to toss the bottle from the platform toward the boat right before it slid out of dry dock into the water. it was so beautiful to have this direct connection to my ancestors in my hand

then I read the placard on the box and it said Der Tirpitz: Kriegsmariner, April 1 1941”

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Too Many Birds posted:

Inside one of the forts at Verdun, which during the battle (months long) fell to the Germans, there's a memorial on a wall. Behind the wall had been a field hospital, but a big shell hit it directly and over 700 men died. Shortly after that we left because we were freaking the gently caress out. You can't even walk around there except on marked trails because you might explode.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Kedzie Matthews posted:

as a gift for Christmas I received a beautiful wooden champagne bottle box from an uncle. it held the champagne bottle used to christen the boat my grandfather sailed off to serve in the German front in ww2

it was so cool. just this amazing legacy. my great grandmother was the one to toss the bottle from the platform toward the boat right before it slid out of dry dock into the water. it was so beautiful to have this direct connection to my ancestors in my hand

then I read the placard on the box and it said Der Tirpitz: Kriegsmariner, April 1 1941”

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Too Many Birds posted:

there are a bunch about poo poo in bunkers. not that great tho

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/p9YoBaF.mp4

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

p resident

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

the best WWI horror would just be a really dark realistic take. no ghosts or spirits

Daniel Dales Dick
Apr 8, 2020

”With the coldest winter ever recorded, with snow setting record levels up and down the coast, the Nobel committee should take the Nobel Prize back from Al Gore"

gently caress you!!!

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/MysterySolvent/status/1548861119967760385

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Kedzie Matthews posted:

Better than falling out of the guard tower, OP.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

mdemone posted:

It brings me no pleasure to report that Blood Sugar Sex Magic (1991) absolutely holds the gently caress up

My dad really liked that album

Too Many Birds
Jan 8, 2020

CODChimera posted:

the best WWI horror would just be a really dark realistic take. no ghosts or spirits

agreed.

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

mdemone posted:

It brings me no pleasure to report that Blood Sugar Sex Magic (1991) absolutely holds the gently caress up

it is v good

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup
https://twitter.com/pinkopog/status/1548593334784262144?t=WJhXHWqfLIpJ1XxdrVdY1g&s=19

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

https://twitter.com/FelisRamblious/status/1548084541935345664?s=20&t=KbneTtVH7GZZDy-P3SFjgA

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

CODChimera posted:

Paths of Glory doesn't have a lot of people getting massacred in trenches, but it does explore the general insanity and stupidity around how the war was fought. Also it has one of the best endings in all cinema.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

My dad really liked that album

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

Kedzie Matthews posted:

SomethingBeautiful
Oct 22, 2008

Some celestial event. No- no words. No words to describe it. Poetry! They should have sent a poet. So beautiful. So beautiful... I had no idea

I had an assistant manager at my last job who was japanese and he would always tell us he was at pearl harbor, drat that guy was funny

he used to come out during break if we were gonna have a meeting and say ok mota time is over lmao

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Buddykins posted:

let loose baloogan

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

mdemone posted:

It wasn't even good when it was new

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Mayor Dave posted:

It wasn't even good when it was new

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
wtf

https://twitter.com/irockhz/status/1548276960396070912

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

rhcp are playing here with post malone and i wanna go cos its like a 2hr drive away but covid and such? dunno tough one

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Historic Downtown McKinney is a true destination. Stroll the square and see a show, taste a new wine, enjoy the live music, or just find a spot on a restaurant or winery patio and people-watch! This atmosphere, created by the blend of new and old, historic and trend-setting, makes the downtown square the perfect spot for daytime festivals and nightlife activities!

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

wish i lived near a trmyp rally. that would be worth the risk

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

CODChimera posted:

rhcp are playing here with post malone and i wanna go cos its like a 2hr drive away but covid and such? dunno tough one

maybe trump is also there dancing

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup
https://twitter.com/wyntermitchell/status/1548408771491164163?t=JYM6Wap00LDBmPeJfZ5eRg&s=19

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1548867010226012161

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup

CODChimera posted:

What the sitch like in NZ with COVID? Everywhere, just like here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Too Many Birds
Jan 8, 2020

what in the gently caress is wrong with these people