Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
gently caress you, James Hong doesn’t deserve to be compared to Biden!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/ryanlcooper/sta...ingawful.com%2F

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://mobile.twitter.com/DefiantL...ingawful.com%2F

:thunk:

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
43 days until student loan payments restart!

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

ex post facho posted:

you mean inflation relief is only 43 days away!

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

can't be letting people out of jail during fire season

it's always fire season

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

imo the way to understand the contemporary protest and counter reaction on policing is: it’s municipal police departments declaring their independence from any form of oversight, and municipal politicians and power structures eagerly agreeing to their demands.

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

ex post facho posted:

they're starting to talk about getting rid of capitalized interest (syq). what about all interest? why is the government making a profit off of educating its population?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

https://twitter.com/ryanlcooper/status/1549045545942978562

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Rauros posted:

they're starting to talk about getting rid of capitalized interest (syq). what about all interest? why is the government making a profit off of educating its population?

why is it ok for Biden to unilaterally forgive all private for-profit debt for scam colleges, but not student debt in general?

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
if biden is forgiving student loans from scam colleges shouldn't then all student debt be forgiven?

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Because people with a landline who are lonely enough to talk to a stranger for 30 minutes said so

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Platystemon posted:

How’s that hopey changey think working out forya?

I hope America can change after the Demon Rats are destroyed.

Fart Dumbass
May 31, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Crowsbeak posted:

I hope America can change after the Demon Rats are destroyed.

don't worry, it will keep getting worse.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

ex post facho posted:

why is it ok for Biden to unilaterally forgive all private for-profit debt for scam colleges, but not student debt in general?

Oh I know this one. It’s because he’s been bought-and-paid-for by the student loan industry since the 90s.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
lmfao just the most cucked-rear end party in history

https://mobile.twitter.com/politico/status/1548962554420105216

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

red19fire posted:

Oh I know this one. It’s because he’s been bought-and-paid-for by the student loan industry since the 90s.

the student loan industry is just banking and finance, which has completely owned both parties for decades, nothing new or unique to biden here really, though he's particularly enthusiastic about their sponsorship for whatever reasons

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
he's from delaware, op, and has had nicknames like the Senator representing the Bank of America

Poco
Jul 17, 2005

....I am a Tariff Man

the bitcoin of weed posted:

the student loan industry is just banking and finance, which has completely owned both parties for decades, nothing new or unique to biden here really, though he's particularly enthusiastic about their sponsorship for whatever reasons

They bribed him with a bag of tootsie pops, as a joke but it worked.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

biceps crimes posted:

lol that biden has a lower approval rating than trump did at this point in his presidency

trump was doing things that people wanted

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
:tipshat:

https://twitter.com/burgessev/statu...ingawful.com%2F

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

uh oh he shouldn't have said that, now manchin has a new excuse to pout for another month

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
haven't checked this thread in a while. so what's the current forecast for the level of destruction the democrats will face in '22?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

yea imagine if a republican had his seat it'd mean

uh

it'd

it'd sure be...bad!!!!

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

haven't checked this thread in a while. so what's the current forecast for the level of destruction the democrats will face in '22?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJwHZVl5Buk

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

sexpig by night posted:

uh

it'd

it'd sure be...bad!!!!

What it would mean in real terms is that a bunch of committees flip from D-majorities to R-majorities and the chairs change hands. It's one thing to have a guy claim he's in your party who never votes with it but if he's nominally in your party and to kick him out would literally mean putting you in the minority then he runs the party, full stop. The only options are kicking him out and ceding procedural control to the other party or letting this guy destroy your agenda publicly which might be worse.

That's the entire point behind a political party, to work together within a political structure to enforce and codify your ideology. If you lack a party ideology then you aren't a political party. We on the left have said this many times, that the dems are an MLM, or some weird fundraising group that exists to launder fascist beliefs in woke terms, or they're a grift but it's all just trying define something absurd which is a political group which does not believe in politics but exists to fill a vacuum where an actual political group is supposed to be to oppose the right.

It's both why the dems will be destroyed in 2022 and why they can never be truly vanquished. The conservative project isn't a popular one but there's no political alternative to it so people always come back around to voting for the dems because it's the only thing they can do (again politically). The only way the dems ever get TRULY destroyed is when enough people who oppose the conservative project understand that they cannot oppose it in the political arena specifically because of the democrats.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

please don't get my hopes up like that

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Total annihilation.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
criminally underappreciated game, frankly

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

sexpig by night posted:

uh

it'd

it'd sure be...bad!!!!

Dick would have to fundraise as the minority whip instead of the majority whip and that'd be unacceptable

LastInLine posted:

What it would mean in real terms is that a bunch of committees flip from D-majorities to R-majorities and the chairs change hands. It's one thing to have a guy claim he's in your party who never votes with it but if he's nominally in your party and to kick him out would literally mean putting you in the minority then he runs the party, full stop.

Yeah but only if you're not willing to play chicken. At the end of the day Biden's agenda is hosed either way and self-destructive fury will play a lot better politically than feckless shrugging. Meanwhile Manchin wants to keep his (four! count em!) committee chairmanships as much as anybody else and while the republicans would no doubt lend him seniority, their chairs aren't going to give up their own spots to make the guy whole if he switches parties.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

They did a spiritual sequel called planetary annihilation where you can build rockets on asteroids and crash them into planets, which is a good metaphor for what will happen to the Dems

Jack-in-the-Bach
Oct 15, 2005

It's crazy how Republicans get everything they want as a minority, and also everything they want as a majority

Plastic Megaphone
Aug 11, 2007
No more credit from the liquor store.
I plugged "Democrats best hope of maintaining political relevance" into one of those AI prompt-to-image algorithms

Morbus
May 18, 2004

Plastic Megaphone posted:

I plugged "Democrats best hope of maintaining political relevance" into one of those AI prompt-to-image algorithms

lmao

Fart Dumbass
May 31, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

facts. fuckin loved that game.

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Plastic Megaphone posted:

:perfect:

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

https://twitter.com/MarshallCohen/status/1549124501400592385
People really hate this biden guy and appear to be hating the war now too

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/ECMcLaughlin/st...ingawful.com%2F

https://mobile.twitter.com/ECMcLaughlin/status/1549202480621228033

https://mobile.twitter.com/ECMcLaughlin/status/1549203759347118080

:matters:

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I love the inevitable parade of rich clowns pritzker represents

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I am announcing my candidacy for president of the United States.