Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

That mission has a special intro on Mercenary difficulty lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L33GePffEKw

lol, they were definitely feeling themselves with that intro, but I'll give it to them in this case. That mission was rad, especially the music.

EDIT: Just got soft-locked because a tank is underneath the map and I can't destroy it. :(

PunkBoy fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Jul 18, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

FFXIV:
The post-2.0 quest are endless. I can't believe there used to be more of them
I keep thinking "it's ok, I'm pretty sure I remember that there's just this, and then one more dungeon, and then it's finally heavensward" but nope stuff just keeps happening. They could've chopped off a few more plot threads and I wouldn't complain

Now I get to press F

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

here comes the Good poo poo

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Jay Rust posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kkbPG7n9pA

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

That warning was the "get your cutscene skipping fingers ready" for me so I appreciated it.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

shaking my smh head

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

With all due respect FFXIV IS its cutscenes, if you’re gonna skip them you might as well skip the game

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Don't sleep on Rune Factory Five PC homies

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

With all due respect FFXIV IS its cutscenes, if you’re gonna skip them you might as well skip the game

I'm doing a great job of it so far

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Gaius Marius posted:

I’m doing a great job of it so far

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

I did.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
more like MMno thank you

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Good

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

FFXIV answers the question, “what if they made a pretty good tv show but you have to drag a video game avatar through a 3D world to enable the next scene”

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

the theme of people complaining about ff14

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_O690gCbOQ

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Gaius Marius posted:

who ya marryin

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Gaius Marius posted:

(i don't have the disposable income, or any income atm)

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

This is me contemplating buying Live a Live when I still have literally 10 games in progress

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Rinkles posted:

(i don't have the disposable income, or any income atm)

That number is now 45 dollars. Given this years record inflation it may go up to 50 by years end.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Barudak posted:

That number is now 45 dollars. Given this years record inflation it may go up to 50 by years end.

it's evergreen for me

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

and it sucks that PlayStation titles no longer hit $20 a year after release. not even close. i was counting on that, but they changed their pricing strategy with the ps5.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
$50 is ideal and I can stomach $60 but I still feel gross spending $70 on one game. I was hoping the increase wouldn't stick but It seems everyone will start charging that much eventually, Luckily games go on sale only after a month so its not too big of a deal

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

hatty posted:

$50 is ideal and I can stomach $60 but I still feel gross spending $70 on one game. I was hoping the increase wouldn't stick but It seems everyone will start charging that much eventually, Luckily games go on sale only after a month so its not too big of a deal

i still gotta do a double take every time i'm browsing through steam's RPG section and see octopath's CA$83.99 price tag glaring at me through the darkness

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

In the past decade my local taco truck has almost doubled its prices... that is my barometer for inflation to compare to everything else.

They also started charging for salsas this year which I guess is equivalent to the next generation bump

Henry Crustwheel
Jun 22, 2010

Those should be in separate boxes.
Paid $80 for Chrono Trigger in 1995, then $40 for it in 2008, and $20 for it in 2018. Pretty soon you'll be paying ME, Square!

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

who ya marryin

Thinking Lucy, I like her gumption
Priscilla just seems dull, Scarlett had an awful introduction and is chilling in a hospital bed, Beatrice seems okay but that's not really the archetype I go for. If you put a rich powerful woman in a game I prefer if she constantly belittles me. She's also on the rear end end of town so Her, Alfred, and Heinz always get missed at gift giving time.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Henry Crustwheel posted:

Paid $80 for Chrono Trigger in 1995, then $40 for it in 2008, and $20 for it in 2018. Pretty soon you'll be paying ME, Square!

How'd you manage to get a copy in 95 without the 08 and 18 versions vanishing??

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Gaius Marius posted:

Priscilla just seems dull, Scarlett had an awful introduction and is chilling in a hospital bed, Beatrice seems okay but that's not really the archetype I go for. If you put a rich powerful woman in a game I prefer if she constantly belittles me. She's also on the rear end end of town so Her, Alfred, and Heinz always get missed at gift giving time.

cool cool i married bea

itry
Aug 23, 2019

I posted a (stray) Stray thread. Hope it's good... because cats.

FirstAidKite posted:

How'd you manage to get a copy in 95 without the 08 and 18 versions vanishing??

:hmmyes:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Tonight was my first time ever playing Pokemon Puzzle League, it's available now on Nintendo Switch N64 emulator. This is one of those one more match type games, extremely addictive instantly.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Puzzle Leauge/Panel de Pon is a super good puzzle game, it’s genuinely perplexing you don’t see more ports of it.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
It's got really fun mechanics so it's a drat shame that it's absolutely mind numbingly boring for competitive play at high levels.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Gaius Marius posted:

if you're into constant belittlement you should give Scarlett a second chance

she's not rich but she sure is mean

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Just got my first ending in AI Nirvana last night, the Explosion Ending.

And honestly, while I like the new mechanics introduced, all the wild new twists, have no hatred for any of the new caharacters and love the variety on Somniums (Kusomon GO lol), I'm really dissapointed at how linear it feels compared to the first game. In the original from the very first Somnium you can go on 2 wildly different routes that actually give very different perspectives, here I have reached one ending and I still can't go into what I assume is Miyuki's side. I was expecting the game to play more with the 2 different time periods but nope, probably gotta finish Ryuki's side to even enter Miyuki's. Doesn't help it seems there are only 2 endings on his side?

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I’m just about finished with my first playthrough of Sekiro, and it’s a heavily flawed masterpiece. Still an 8.5/10, don’t get me wrong, but the entire campaign is intermittently littered with janky choices that make the game less fun for like no reason like Burn attacks, apparition enemies, and prosthetic upgrades, culminating in a fantastic final boss that feels like it’s testing everything you learned…but also the arena impedes your ability to read enemy attacks for half the fight.

It kinda sucks that I chose this to play after Elden Ring so I could get used to the “standard” souls control layout because this is just Elden Ring but with a grappling hook instead of weapon sets. :v:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Metis of the Hallways posted:

if you're into constant belittlement you should give Scarlett a second chance

she's not rich but she sure is mean

:frogon:

Lord Bob
Jun 1, 2000

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

I'm really dissapointed at how linear it feels compared to the first game.

Give it... just give it... a minute. It doesn't get any less linear, but it does? It doesn't but it does. It rules. I had the exact same feeling at the point you're at, until something... changed it. And ultimately it was more linear. But also wasn't.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Lord Bob posted:

Give it... just give it... a minute. It doesn't get any less linear, but it does? It doesn't but it does. It rules. I had the exact same feeling at the point you're at, until something... changed it. And ultimately it was more linear. But also wasn't.

Next thing I'll know you'll tell me this world is a simulation and we must cut away the seams and that's why I should join your MLM

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Achieve Moksha...by getting just 10 of your friends to sign up too!

But seriously just keep playing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

FFXIV answers the question, “what if they made a pretty good tv show but you have to drag a video game avatar through a 3D world to enable the next scene”

This is basically all AAA single player games for the past 15 years. I call them HBO Miniseries Simulators.