Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

do it on my face posted:

In game as Interroblast. Held off on posting about it until I knew I was hooked, and I'm 97/99/98/85 so uh. Hi.

There's really no hidden way to speed up the explore grind, is there? Beyond burning as much stamina at WC as possible?

Nope. Just keep spending stam at WC and you’ll get there eventually. (Make sure your orchard stays maxed so you can get as much stam per day as possible.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HelloNewman
Aug 8, 2007

When you control the mail, you control information!

Is there any tentative word on release date for the new exploration zone? I think that would help a ton with profession issues for exploring

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Are you supposed to slaughters cows/pigs once they hit Level 5 or is there a benefit to try to level them further?

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Are you supposed to slaughters cows/pigs once they hit Level 5 or is there a benefit to try to level them further?

Higher level animals do offer more materials, there is a calculator in the “Slaughterhouse” library page that will help you figure out your ideal slaughter level and animal amount based on your current skills. For instance, I currently slaughter 25 Level 6 pigs and 5 Level 10 cows per day.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Gotcha, thanks.

Yarrington
Jun 13, 2002

While I will admit to a certain cynicism, I am a nay-sayer and hatchet man in the fight against violence. I pride myself in taking a punch and I'll gladly take another.
Is the only way to get the anglerfish for intruders beware the level 6 macaw? Because that’s way more money than I’ve had so far

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

Yarrington posted:

Is the only way to get the anglerfish for intruders beware the level 6 macaw? Because that’s way more money than I’ve had so far

yup, there's also another quest i just got where the only way to get anything is a level 6 owl

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Large Testicles posted:

yup, there's also another quest i just got where the only way to get anything is a level 6 owl

The Owl is for one of the collector quests which basically refund half of the level 6 upgrade. But owl at level 5 is best for honey.

The anglerfish is required for Pirate Cove though and level 6 macaw is extremely worth it anyways.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Yarrington posted:

That’s the only way but you’re gonna want the macaw anyway as it’s a great silver source. You’re also gonna need a level 6 snake for a buttload of coins anyway sooooo.

Also start doing the exchange center trades for the seemingly useless items, you’ll need those too.

Yarrington
Jun 13, 2002

While I will admit to a certain cynicism, I am a nay-sayer and hatchet man in the fight against violence. I pride myself in taking a punch and I'll gladly take another.

Kaboobi posted:

That’s the only way but you’re gonna want the macaw anyway as it’s a great silver source. You’re also gonna need a level 6 snake for a buttload of coins anyway sooooo.

Also start doing the exchange center trades for the seemingly useless items, you’ll need those too.

Yeah I started those. And alas, I just dumped all my silver for the end of parts unknown and the 100mil storehouse upgrade

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

Yarrington posted:

Yeah I started those. And alas, I just dumped all my silver for the end of parts unknown and the 100mil storehouse upgrade

once you get LI unlocked, you'll start making money back quickly

e; just got my first raptor egg with an arnold palmer and then got another one right after

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Yarrington posted:

Work on getting Whispering Creek unlocked, start building a raptor farm, and you’ll be drowning in large nets to dump into the large island to make a boatload of cash.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

the couple of weeks i took to focus solely on getting all pets to level 6 has paid off tremendously. would recommend

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Large Testicles posted:

once you get LI unlocked, you'll start making money back quickly

e; just got my first raptor egg with an arnold palmer and then got another one right after

LI?

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Also what do I do with these ancient coins? I am selling 50 of them for silver as I cap out @350.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Borgen's camp on wednesdays or wheel spins on other days. I think both have minimum farming level requirements so just sell a minimal amount to avoid voiding until you get those unlocked, it's relatively quick.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

Large island, higher level fishing zone. You can use the ancient coins to spin the wheel more often, or do another vault. Try to be near your cap by Wednesdays for borgens store.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Thanks. I don't yet have wheel spins and am going to way over cap from finishing a week of dailies.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

H110Hawk posted:

Thanks. I don't yet have wheel spins and am going to way over cap from finishing a week of dailies.

Throw some in your storehouse, at a minimum; at least you’ll void fewer.

(And don’t worry too much about voiding them, they’re not at all rare and you’ll have plenty as time goes on.)

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Greetings Earthling! Do you have any Zoom Boots?
Woohoo! Finally fished up those 300 different gold fish and unlocked the pirate cove. Glad I saved up 450+ large nets as I made a pile of cash selling them.

What's next? Still not even 90 exploration so tower is out. Just...build up cash?

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Build cash, pets to 6, work on any quests you have remaining, explore, etc.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Kalman posted:

Build cash, pets to 6, work on any quests you have remaining, explore, etc.

I’ve been on this part of the for a minute. It is very slow, but I think very intentional.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Where can i find a list of what the tower perks do?

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
I just unlocked ATI but I'm halfway to the $10B storehouse upgrade, so I'll probably keep on that track before starting.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Ineptitude posted:

Where can i find a list of what the tower perks do?

“Artifacts” in the Library.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Nice, thanks. There are some real nice ones later.
I have millions of stamina and am capped on nets and ap, guess i need to start grinding more GMs.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Grinding to 300 salt is the worst one yet. Not that its hard but if I were to beeline for it I would be voiding everything else in the place you explore for it so my min-max brain insists on also getting stuff needed to turn those coals into lanterns and such.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
I don't really see the point in voiding everything for a single goal. It might give you a small short term advantage but the long term costs seem bigger?

If you grow a couple of badges of Mushrooms at your farm each day, you should be able to explore grind WC without voiding things, making tons of silver and getting GM progress on the side.

Edit: This is what my current masteries look like after trying to avoid voiding:

Ah then it will be less profitable to grind out and voiding might be the better option. On the plus side you might snag up the odd Orange Gecko, you will need a lot of those.
vvvvvvv

Tahirovic fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Jul 18, 2022

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
What is WC?

e: Oh winding creek. I don't have that yet.

Unponderable
Feb 16, 2007

Good enough.

Tahirovic posted:

I don't really see the point in voiding everything for a single goal. It might give you a small short term advantage but the long term costs seem bigger?

If you grow a couple of badges of Mushrooms at your farm each day, you should be able to explore grind WC without voiding things, making tons of silver and getting GM progress on the side.

Edit: This is what my current masteries look like after trying to avoid voiding:

Ah then it will be less profitable to grind out and voiding might be the better option. On the plus side you might snag up the odd Orange Gecko, you will need a lot of those.
vvvvvvv

Unless you can touch the game every 20 minutes all day I'm not sure how voiding is avoidable if trying to get to 99 as quickly as possible. It's taken several hours of mushroom growing per day for me not to void garnets, much less getting all the twine, stone, and bottles to use the oak.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
They need to add a glass blowers building that chunks out orbs.

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe
I don't void anything, because silver is silver, but it's kind of impossible by design to productively use everything from an exploration zone without wasting a ton of time elsewhere making up the required components. Right now I've been selling slime but once I GM garnets and garnet rings I'll switch to making that.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Unponderable posted:

Unless you can touch the game every 20 minutes all day I'm not sure how voiding is avoidable if trying to get to 99 as quickly as possible. It's taken several hours of mushroom growing per day for me not to void garnets, much less getting all the twine, stone, and bottles to use the oak.

If you're playing on desktop you can have a separate tab open to the Farmer's Market and press Sell Unlocked every time you use 5 ciders I guess. It gets more convoluted if you're trying to craft all that extra Oak instead of vendoring it. Though if you're on mobile that seems far less viable.

Once you're at 99 Explore I guess you can use stamina on the Forest to get mushrooms since you're not desperate for WC's xp.

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
Just hit 4x 99

:yotj:

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

now it's time to drop 13b or whatever it is on three pets!

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
Done and done, actually. I’d been hoarding for a little while

Tolth
Mar 16, 2008

PÄDOPHILIE MACHT FREI
I void a ton of stuff every day because I don't want to spend 3 hours a day checking in for Mushrooms every 20 mins. Yes, I make like half the cash I would otherwise, but I also log in for 10 minutes twice a day.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
I'm lazy minmaxing by splitting my explores up between WC and forest like 3:2 so I can make use of the most items with minimal voiding while making as much money from large nets, red shields, and anything requiring oak as possible. I'm only explore 90 but this has been working so far.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Just got my first billion. What should I spend it on? I'm still grinding out unlocking WC and some (I think) of corn jail. L6 Macaw? The 1B farm row?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

i might have just gotten the worst peach trade possible

the trade would have to be completely flipped around for me to do it