Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016

Smol bean tories. Profiles in courage.

Bwaaak bwaak bwaak.

Only Kindness fucked around with this message at 11:20 on Jul 18, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Collateral posted:

Defcon 8 would be what? Slightly vexed sat on a sofa? Playing your nephew in an RA2 1v1 and seeing a clone vat start construction near your base? Sigh.

Yeah rather poo poo understanding of the DEFCON system to think higher = more urgent.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

snowflakes

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

bump_fn posted:

snowflakes

well in this temperature you can't blame 'em!!!

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Cancelling a TV debate because all candidates are repellent to voters. Classic move.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

keep punching joe posted:

Cancelling a TV debate because all candidates are repellent to voters. Classic move.

This is point where a competent opposition (yes, yes) could start hammering out the "they're making backroom deals away from the voters, avoiding scrutiny, see themselves as your rulers and elites, etc" points.

But, you know.

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
Stay safe uk goons! Seems like you've got a good government to deal with emergencies like this.
Edit: Joking aside, stay safe.

Confusedslight fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Jul 18, 2022

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

32° and it's only half 11. Looks like the scorch is on.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

8-11am outside work all done, curtains pulled & sun facing windows closed followed by a quick shower.

Now sitting naked in front of computer for the rest of the day. :balldo: :waycool:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Speaking of which, https://twitter.com/hedgehogsociety/status/1548944426818584578

I've repurposed a frisbee and a paint bucket lid as makeshift water bowls, will have to top them up as the sky bastard keeps evaporating them.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

https://twitter.com/twlldun/status/1548930626392363012

:prepop:

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

The sun can gently caress right off if it thinks it's coming in my house today

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
Any sunlight comes near me I swear I'll do time.

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

sebzilla posted:

Your house is also now safe from government mind control rays

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Wearing a jumper because my house just doesn't heat up.

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

0.000% of Communism has been built. Evil child-murdering billionaires still rule the world with a shit-eating grin. All he has managed to do is make himself *sad*. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.

Kegluneq posted:

Not if that satellite dish is connected.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

sebzilla posted:

british remake of better call saul coming along well i see

Oct 4, 2005

Step 1: Wrap house like baked potato

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

bump_fn posted:

british remake of better call saul coming along well i see

Betta Ask Gaz

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Kegluneq posted:

They can still come in through the cat flap.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Cats already have mind control rays, it's why we put up with the little fuckers.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I greatly enjoy the lunatic bricklayer who did the house on the left, and rather less so the horrible stone facade on the right.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

sebzilla posted:

:hmmyes:

I was not prepared to clamber around the outside of my house like Spiderman so I settled for this totally normal, not bugfuck–insane looking setup:

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
i wonder if theyll let me take a nap in the grocery store

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I'm sitting in my room with an AC on, pumping the heat out through the curtains into the already warm outside. At head height the room is still boiling, but down here, at sitting height, it's fridge temperature near the AC.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

I think I have an idea.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"

TACD posted:

:hmmyes:

I was not prepared to clamber around the outside of my house like Spiderman so I settled for this totally normal, not bugfuck–insane looking setup:

CLOSE THAT WINDOW!!!!

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
at the moment I'm fairly comfortable drinking that weird cold tea infusion stuff with loads of ice and a Dyson (boo that fucker) Cool at full blast (as it has been for literally four days).

Blinds have also been clamped down for four days. I'm just worried about my cats :( they're not going near the toweled up ice bags or the fan

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Tesseraction posted:

Betta Ask Gaz

Sounds more like an Invader Zim spinoff

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

https://twitter.com/ScottDuncanWX/status/1548728369738661891?t=Bk6YhzC1yRXMxcoN4ojr_Q&s=19

:tif:

Aipsh posted:

I'm just worried about my cats :( they're not going near the toweled up ice bags or the fan

Might be that they're fine at the moment. Just keep a close eye on them.

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

Tesseraction posted:

Cats already have mind control rays, it's why we put up with the little fuckers.

I thought that was the Toxoplasma gondii...

Edit: in my experience cats bloody love the heat. If they're not sat in direct sunlight they should be fine.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Awaiting for the first set of posts of people who’ve posted last week about how it’s just a bit of hot weather and we’re all snowflakes and then this week have been hospitalised with heatstroke

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Meanwhile the yanks are all cowabunga https://twitter.com/jessecase/status/1548709406652731392

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Make sure you're seasoning all your climate deniers outside today since they'll burn cleaner this winter for warmth.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Godskin Noble Truss

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

https://twitter.com/HannahAlOthman/status/1548752784413134855

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Does she have two pairs of eyebrows there?

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

Yeah cats can tolerate some more heat than humans I think... mine are mostly lying on their sides being toasty. But watch out for panting, that's not a normal cat thing and means they're too hot.

Noxville posted:

Awaiting for the first set of posts of people who’ve posted last week about how it’s just a bit of hot weather and we’re all snowflakes and then this week have been hospitalised with heatstroke

In hospital, begging for the heat vaccine, but once you're hot, it's too late :(

E: cat tax

Bobstar fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Jul 18, 2022

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Noxville posted:

Died with heat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Kegluneq posted:

Edit: in my experience cats bloody love the heat. If they're not sat in direct sunlight they should be fine.