Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cat Puke
Apr 15, 2017
If true, Lionel Sperlinghetti is a brilliant name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?
One more interesting thing that wasn't on the actual podcast. During the charity steam Dan and Jordan did with Opening Arguments and Cognitive Dissonance on Friday they revealed that Daria had reached out in August of 2021 asking if they wanted to have Alex as a guest on Knowledge Fight. Dan seems to believe that the email account is legitimately Daria's, even if the offer was not sincere.

This is a link to the stream timestamped to the discussion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvbrQF30oBY&t=3592s

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
poo poo, I totally forgot about these. Could I get links if you have them, please?

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

EL BROMANCE posted:

There’s a band that puts Jones’s tirades to heavy metal, and they rule hard.

https://thealexjonesprisonplanet.bandcamp.com/album/super-heavy-galactic-stuff

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Always enjoy a visit from Cyber Satan.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I wonder how he thought up Owl after going to Temple

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
Also a small detail I noticed: he was very careful to say that he never saw combat action. If this dude is a prankster, he's ethically aware enough not to claim stolen valor, even in jest.

I like that his character is basically the Jason Bourne of having emotional intelligence.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
If I'm becoming a cyber slave of Satan, can I request to be a revenant? The part you play as one in Doom Eternal was great and those jet pacls look so drat fun .

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

The Major may be a wonk

https://twitter.com/gotobedjordan/status/1543953970854612992?s=21&t=nj4IaaDBOLw0LFc6WBr6NA

Per a tweet in the thread below, in one of the early project Camelot episodes they told Mark Richards, if he was listening, to create an intelligent cuttlefish species and this guy did it.

Ehhh, "Talking Squid in Outer Space" has been a scifi staple forever.

Probably just coincedence.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
Even if the Major is a stone cold kook who just happens to still have empathy, it's very appropriate that we're here generating conspiracy theories about him. This is how this poo poo happens organically.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Gotta confess, I'd never heard of "The Georgia Guidestones" either before today.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Be careful, Bill Hicks

Cat Puke
Apr 15, 2017

Deptfordx posted:

Gotta confess, I'd never heard of "The Georgia Guidestones" either before today.

You owe it to yourself to listen to the KF coverage of Endgame. They talk about the guidestones quite a bit.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

The Endgame KF's are literally next on my list to listen to.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Just got to #254 and I'm giving it up for the Somalia pirates. This episode rules

Also listened to #212 and its a trip hearing Dan and Jordan talk about a Matrix 4.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I learned about the Guidestones in this 2009 Wired Magazine article. I thought it was weird and neat and didn't think much else of it until Alex and the like started bringing it up all the time.

Cat Puke
Apr 15, 2017

Digital Jedi posted:

Just got to #254 and I'm giving it up for the Somalia pirates. This episode rules

You gotta.

#504 13:30 :discourse:

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
Right. R-r-r-right

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Alex admitting to technically killing someone live on air is still peak Knowledge Fight. Nothing will ever top it.

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Mopsy, I'm starting to question your medical credentials.

The payoff of Alex being asked under oath if he'd ever killed a man was extremely good imho.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Froghammer posted:

Alex admitting to technically killing someone live on air is still peak Knowledge Fight. Nothing will ever top it.

That and Alex Jones going "and now the globalists are saying I KILLED A GUY?!" like 6 months of "Alex Jones technically probably killed a guy"

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

Spoeank posted:

That and Alex Jones going "and now the globalists are saying I KILLED A GUY?!" like 6 months of "Alex Jones technically probably killed a guy"

“I. CAN. READ.”

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Cat Puke posted:

#504 13:30 :discourse:

That was amazing. Such talent

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
More evidence I don't think has been brought up that Squatch guy might be a listener...

I just listened to Episode #200 they go on a tangent about Kerry Cassidy writing YA Hardy Boys-esque mysteries. During part of their joke pitch for this book series they start joking about "Squatches" and Dan says

quote:

"Bill Clinton hid all the living Squatches down in the Dulce Base in New Mexico way underground and Kerry Cassidy is on the case! She's going to find those hidden Squatches."
and later

quote:

"Here's the thing. I'm not interested in Cryptozoology for the most part but I don't think I've ever heard Kerry talk about Squatches. Maybe in passing she's said they are some sort of alien race... I gotta look through her archives and see if I can find the Squatch"

edit as to not double post:

I've been wondering if there was anything stopping just anybody from going to visit Mark Richards. Just got to the episode with the guy with a telescope and they speculate that Mark is charging Kerry a not insignificant amount of money for the interviews and that makes a lot of sense.

Tree Dude fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Jul 12, 2022

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
11 year old caller makes me incredibly sad. I hope they turn out as normal as possible under their circumstance.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Oh poo poo 9/11 episode of Jones. This is going to be something

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
"'what's your take on this?' 'Gold's gonna be more expensive soon!' "

Maybe Jordan is a witch, too? I was rofling at this and my wife didn't understand why and she doesn't deserve the suffering of the understanding.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

And I thought that was going to be the most crass gold take this episode.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Marsupial Ape posted:

Even if the Major is a stone cold kook who just happens to still have empathy, it's very appropriate that we're here generating conspiracy theories about him. This is how this poo poo happens organically.

Doesn't sound as cool as The DUTCHMAN

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
Alex didn't even attempt to do his fake cry.

Dan was right; whatever I might have expected that episode to be, it definitely wasn't that

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?
There was a lot going on the morning of 9/11

https://twitter.com/dylangarsee/status/1548847688363409408?s=21&t=Fmt1oen4o4JKyqMPxMN7gw

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The craziest 9/11 response I can remember is the Savage Love advice column a few days later. Might have even been the next day. Someone sent in an email to Dan Savage about how they couldn't fit a basketball up their rear end or something. Dan checked the email info and it was sent on the morning of 9/11 around 11:30 am, east coast time .

The whole response was " is your biggest concern 2 hours after thousands of people were killed in a terrorist attack that you needed advice on how to get things up your rear end"?

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

I always thought the EU did 9/11, glad to have confirmation.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
I hope they cover this https://twitter.com/AlexsWarMovie/status/1549038047110369281

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Glad I was sitting down for the Glenn and AJ revelation.

Cat Puke
Apr 15, 2017

Dairy posted:

... whenever y2k was ...

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
I can’t believe someone mentioned the town of Sandy Hook on Info Wars on 9 goddamnmotherfucking 11.

Had it been literally any other network Alex’ legal problems would’ve been ten times worse due to the shot he’d spew about it. The irony is kind of beautiful in a way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Puke
Apr 15, 2017
Not THE town of sandy hook, a town of sandy hook, in like Missouri or something.