Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Opopanax posted:

May as well ask here since you're all a bunch of nerds and live in my computer anyways, what are the must play PC exclusive games from the last decade or so? Just got a steam deck and I haven't had a gaming capable computer in like 20 years

There's a good puzzle game called "solitaire" that's on PC that's very popular. You have to arrange some blocks, called "cards" in a specific order in order to win - but, hang on now, you don't see all the cards at once. Some of the cards are hidden, and you reveal them as you (they're in a random order, I think this is called a rogue like).

It's challenging, but fair. And when you beat the game for the first time, well hold on to your seat because you are in for a surprise twist ending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Going through all my old Humble Bundle steam keys I have sitting around and I have some extras, Puzzle Agent 1 and 2 for whoever wants them
L3DGW-I38LV-X7H25
J8AV5-7ZZ6M-HBZJB

KOTOR if you haven't played that for some reason
CTTLQ-Z2NM9-CHPXV

Other old Star Wars games
RYK7L-QHBWY-L3CHR
RPGNN-KJ79D-RCAMW
64M3C-WJNFL-5J8RR
IE0TX-Z6W2M-D6YTD
MJLYJ-V25VD-LZYL9

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
If you like slightly-finicky base building games, or ever thought "man, what if Dwarf Fortress but as a space western", Rimworld is great.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
Project Zomboid, The Life and Suffering of Sir Brante, Black Future 88, Nuclear Throne, Noita

Idle Amalgam fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Jul 15, 2022

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

girl dick energy posted:

If you like slightly-finicky base building games, or ever thought "man, what if Dwarf Fortress but as a space western", Rimworld is great.

seconding rimworld, was the other one that jumped to the front of my mind but idk how well it will play on a steam deck

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky
I'll also say Citizen Sleeper.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
play Nova Drift

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

oh nobody has mentioned it yet but Vampire Survivors would be a great drop in drop out game to play on the go and is still actually PC exclusive

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

IcePhoenix posted:

oh nobody has mentioned it yet but Vampire Survivors would be a great drop in drop out game to play on the go and is still actually PC exclusive

I keep seeing that game come up but it looks absolutely terrible, is it actually that good?

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

One day I will proofread my posts well, but today is not that day.

Opopanax posted:

I keep seeing that game come up but it looks absolutely terrible, is it actually that good?

Its very pixel graphics yes, but very fun.
Single-stick shooter (all you do is move, weapons fire automatically) rouge-lite. Has good progression both within a run and outside meta progression. And each run is hard capped at a max of 30 min, so you aren't committing to a great time sink.

Mobile game which is similar (Android for sure, maybe also Apple devices) called Magic Survival is free to play, so you can get an idea if the genre is for you.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven

Opopanax posted:

Dopamine Release Simulator. It's a good 3 or 4 dollars. Whatever it actually comes out to for you.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Opopanax posted:

You know all those bullet hell style games like enter the gungeon?

Vampire survivors is the reverse, what if you were the bullet hell

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Well that does sound good. Also it's $3 so I guess that works

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"

Humanoid Robots Mafia, an experimental, improvised game for 13 players! Clic image to join!

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Disney Sing-Along Edition has ended in a ~~~~TOWN~~~~ Victory!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

John Cena’s just opened a mafia game! Come join!!

Heavy Metal Mafia!

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

Sandwolf posted:

John Cena’s just opened a mafia game! Come join!!

Heavy Metal Mafia!

4 spots left, join us or this will happen to you:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbzZcQNWv3Y

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"
Humanoid Robots Mafia just ended in a scum victory! Thanks to everyone who played!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm going to make a CYOR, start thinking. Newbies should all join

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Join my CYOR
Probably go live mid next week

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

So I did A Thing...

Step-by-step instructions to setting up your Discord server for a Mafia game (in .pdf format)

A Discord Mafia server template with moderator/observer/unspoiled/player roles set up and basic channels with permissions, based on the above. Just clic it to activate it - will ask for a name and image, and net you a basic, hopefully working, server for your game that you can edit and mess up with.

If there's any stuff missing there or something that doesn't work on the template, just tell me and I'll fix it - it's barebones, but may be helpful for new mods!

Shellception fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Aug 15, 2022

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Thanks Shell, this alone will probably double my game modding output. You are the best.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Hal Insandenza posted:

Thanks Shell, this alone will probably double my game modding output. You are the best.

:goofy:

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Hey, it's a pretty affordable goal to have!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
That's awesome, great use of server templates! Thanks a ton for putting that together.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
thanks to Shell for working very hard

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Shellception posted:

So I did A Thing...

Step-by-step instructions to setting up your Discord server for a Mafia game (in .pdf format)

A Discord Mafia server template with moderator/observer/unspoiled/player roles set up and basic channels with permissions, based on the above. Just clic it to activate it - will ask for a name and image, and net you a basic, hopefully working, server for your game that you can edit and mess up with.

If there's any stuff missing there or something that doesn't work on the template, just tell me and I'll fix it - it's barebones, but may be helpful for new mods!

this extremely valuable information is now found in the OP if anyone is looking for it going forward, it's right at the end under it's own subheading

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Shellception posted:

So I did A Thing...

We don’t deserve you

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

ObamaAkbar. posted:

We don’t deserve you

I know, but you quoted shell instead of me for some reason :confused:

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

That's awesome, I did the Discord thing for the first time last time I ran a game and I was constantly worried I was going to accidentally spoil the whole thing by messing up roles.

mega dy fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Aug 16, 2022

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

HEAVY METAL has ended in a Third Party Victory by Hambeet, followed by a SCUM absolute victory!

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=4010838&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post525820485

Isekai Mafia 2. You know the drill.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

I've opened up a new Mafia game in Fight Island, Don't be scared, homie: An MMA Mafia Experience. This is an entry-level low complexity game targeted at newer players, but I encourage veterans who want to play and maybe give some newer players some guidance and structure to sign up. I've put a lot of work into the flavor of this game so it will be a great time even if you have ZERO interest in MMA.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Hi votefinder is returning a DNS error at the moment. I posted about it in the votefinder discord but be aware your games might get a little weird for a while

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Honey my games are always weird

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Hello, friends! As many of you likely know, Alli has graciously hosted and maintained Votefinder for the SA Mafia community since 2016 (six years!), but she is ready to move on and would like to find someone that she can transition ownership of the bot to.

She can provide the codebase, a database dump, and the configuration files that are currently in place on the server that Votefinder runs on today - but she will not be able to provide the server itself in perpetuity as it currently runs on a personal server.
Gory technical details: Votefinder currently runs on a Linux server using nginx and uwsgi, and has a mysql database as well. The codebase itself is Python/Django.

The new owner will need to provide a new server on which to host Votefinder, and (put simply) have enough knowledge to actually do that given all of the above - Alli doesn't have the bandwidth to teach someone new how to do this from scratch. If you're interested in taking this on, please post here, PM me, or ping me on the SA Mafia Discord (linked in the OP). We'll figure out logistics from there.

Lats but not least... Votefinder's been a fantastic tool for the community, both from a vote-counting perspective and also as a mind-boggling record of over 1,350 games of Mafia played on SA over the last 12 years. I really appreciate the time and effort Alli's put into keeping it running - thank you!

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Podima posted:

Hello, friends! As many of you likely know, Alli has graciously hosted and maintained Votefinder for the SA Mafia community since 2016 (six years!), but she is ready to move on and would like to find someone that she can transition ownership of the bot to.

She can provide the codebase, a database dump, and the configuration files that are currently in place on the server that Votefinder runs on today - but she will not be able to provide the server itself in perpetuity as it currently runs on a personal server.
Gory technical details: Votefinder currently runs on a Linux server using nginx and uwsgi, and has a mysql database as well. The codebase itself is Python/Django.

The new owner will need to provide a new server on which to host Votefinder, and (put simply) have enough knowledge to actually do that given all of the above - Alli doesn't have the bandwidth to teach someone new how to do this from scratch. If you're interested in taking this on, please post here, PM me, or ping me on the SA Mafia Discord (linked in the OP). We'll figure out logistics from there.

Lats but not least... Votefinder's been a fantastic tool for the community, both from a vote-counting perspective and also as a mind-boggling record of over 1,350 games of Mafia played on SA over the last 12 years. I really appreciate the time and effort Alli's put into keeping it running - thank you!

:same:

Alli, thank you for your effort.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Thank you dearly Alli, for the little bot that allows this community to hum-along peacefully.

We could always crowdfund a server, if no one has one or any space available.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
How much does a server cost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, funding the server is not the limiter here - server space is fairly inexpensive these days. The primary thing is finding someone who touches computers with enough experience that they can handle what's needed to make it work.