Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
dunking fries not dipping fries, it's a lifestyle that I live.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Born on a mountain
Raised in cave
Dunking and dipping
Is all that I crave

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
real fry-heads carry an array of sauces in a bandolier which can be mixed and matched to suit the occasion.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

uber_stoat posted:

real fry-heads carry an array of sauces in a bandolier which can be mixed and matched to suit the occasion.

AI couldn't really get it right, but one of those AI dads has a hot sauce ear necklace:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

LifeSunDeath posted:

AI couldn't really get it right, but one of those AI dads has a hot sauce ear necklace:

Top right dad knows where it's at, get some bib and arm coverage for splatter but still plenty of open skin to help counter the food sweats

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
not sure if I'm relieved or disappointed

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Captain Hygiene posted:

Top right dad knows where it's at, get some bib and arm coverage for splatter but still plenty of open skin to help counter the food sweats

Scraps of his shirt melted onto his skin in a frying related accident. He doesn't mind, though, it hasn't affected his ability to enjoy fries and hot sauce.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

AARD VARKMAN posted:

not sure if I'm relieved or disappointed

Looks like another example of European marketing people trying to peddle American products with no good idea how to properly position them?

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

A few weeks back someone mentioned their go-to fry topping being katsu sauce, kewpie mayo, and furikake seasoning. I told my fiance about it and she gave it a shot: absolutely loved it. Genuine thanks to whomever posted that; my apologies for being too lazy to look back at specifically who it was and give proper credit

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

OwlFancier posted:

I thought they just gave you a little paper cup of sauce now? Does he bring his own ketchup bottle? Or... does he eat at the ketchup dispenser??

In a past job I worked with a guy who did bring his own ketchup bottle. When we went out to staff lunches he had a bottle of Heinz in his jacket's inner pocket. Burger - blast with ketchup; buttermilk chicken - blast with ketchup; steak - blast with ketchup.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Clyde Radcliffe posted:

In a past job I worked with a guy who did bring his own ketchup bottle. When we went out to staff lunches he had a bottle of Heinz in his jacket's inner pocket.

did he love the attention or act like he hated it?

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

LifeSunDeath posted:

did he love the attention or act like he hated it?

He was a pretty chill guy and recognised that his behaviour was weird. Dude just loved his ketchup.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

I'm about to eat a Totino's party burrito

also we got this and it's not very good:

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

thiccabod posted:

A few weeks back someone mentioned their go-to fry topping being katsu sauce, kewpie mayo, and furikake seasoning. I told my fiance about it and she gave it a shot: absolutely loved it. Genuine thanks to whomever posted that; my apologies for being too lazy to look back at specifically who it was and give proper credit

That's pretty much the toppings for Okonomiyaki with some shortcuts so I can see that working well with fries.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

LifeSunDeath posted:

I'm about to eat a Totino's party burrito

Hell yeah!

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

steinrokkan posted:

Looks like another example of European marketing people trying to peddle American products with no good idea how to properly position them?

absolut nicht

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Totinos party burrito was a total win. I didn't get any on my hands.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

SlothfulCobra posted:

Squeezing

Dipping

Optimum performance

One sauce packet to rule them all

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Tiggum posted:

One sauce packet to rule them all

eh, nothing beats

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

LvK posted:

eh, nothing beats

oh god no

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

put your fry elbow deep into the bucket, coward.

e: do it while you're driving.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

hell, stick your whole head in the bucket, do it on the carpet, gently caress it.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

No kidding, they are shrinking the bucket to only 15kg? What is this, mayo for ants?

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

LifeSunDeath posted:

hell, stick your whole head in the bucket, do it on the carpet, gently caress it.
dump it on the floor and wallow in it like a animal

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

do not gently caress the mayo bucket that's how you get the belgian disease.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

🥐🥐🥐🥐🥐🥐

https://twitter.com/jessicadrun/status/1547617696140824579

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

looks like a little millennium falcon

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/jessicadrun/status/1547619408670912512

I have had shrimp cap and I had to take a course of antibiotics to make it go away

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

oh goddamn yuck:

was from this stupid face cam video where he doesn't actually show himself making it so i'm not gonna bother linking it.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

LifeSunDeath posted:

was from this stupid face cam video where he doesn't actually show himself making it so i'm not gonna bother linking it.
Tasting History is one of my absolute favorite channels and that recipe actually looked pretty good when it was finished (and used properly as an addition to a bechamel). I love the history parts of the video more than the cooking; Max is a decent cook but not exceptional and does burn or otherwise screw up things from time to time.

The whole Titanic series he did a little bit ago was great. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbmHZbTpoDY

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

why is there a prawn on a pint and why is it claiming to be tea?

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

My Lovely Horse posted:

https://twitter.com/jessicadrun/status/1547619408670912512

I have had shrimp cap and I had to take a course of antibiotics to make it go away

a tiny pastry on a beer? sure, why not.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

That might just be the wurst sushi I've ever seen!

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

why is there a prawn on a pint and why is it claiming to be tea?

it's so much worse than that.

imagine if your beer had a smeg cap and they floated a stinking sea pastry on that biofilm of smeg. the liquid is piss, not beer at all.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

LifeSunDeath posted:

oh goddamn yuck:

I... think somehow you got someone who bootlegged a Tasting History video and slapped their facecam over it, because those screenshots look like the right video, but your description could not be less accurate.

Here's the real one, and if it's actually the one you saw then I'm sorry but you just have no taste or object permanence.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWlqxGQXZx8

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

NorgLyle posted:

Tasting History is one of my absolute favorite channels and that recipe actually looked pretty good when it was finished (and used properly as an addition to a bechamel). I love the history parts of the video more than the cooking; Max is a decent cook but not exceptional and does burn or otherwise screw up things from time to time.

The whole Titanic series he did a little bit ago was great. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbmHZbTpoDY

The only proper thing to do to a bechamel sauce is to throw it out of the window, possibly at someone you really hate.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

What the gently caress???

Béchamel is fine, it's an extremely solid, flexible base for many many really excellent sauces.
Who the hell declares against fecking béchamel?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Pookah posted:

What the gently caress???

Béchamel is fine, it's an extremely solid, flexible base for many many really excellent sauces.
Who the hell declares against fecking béchamel?

my primary exposure to bechamel is in the parmo, within which it is a horrifying sloppy morass of dissolved breadcrumbs and grease interfacing with the pork and the cheese.

absolute boke, horrific

more broadly i just do not at all see the need for Worse Mayonnaise in cuisine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
the problem there isn’t the bechamel per se

also, pork?!?!