Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Conspiratiorist posted:

Listen, the only way to deal with load-bearing misogyny without destabilizing your Very Important internet spaceships guild is incremental change, and if unpaid and untrained Gamers are the only people available to implement good HR practices, then you've just got to make do.

You don't actually. You can walk away. It's a video game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

andromache posted:

Goonswarm Federation has heard the request that we retire the fatbee and all associated bee paraphenalia.

Effective immediately, I present the new, newbee:

what in the hell

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.

andromache posted:

Goonswarm Federation has heard the request that we retire the fatbee and all associated bee paraphenalia.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Didn't know xenuria could draw

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
I do want to point out that that is an old dumb image and he is making a joke so please do not ban him over a misfired attempt at humor.

the probe i agree with though, bad atrum

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

andromache posted:

HAHAHAHA

I can't believe you thought this was something to post. Good lord.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
Thats an old dumb image someone unironically posted in the past - but still lmao @ the probe

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
frankly I support this new precedent of banning all anime

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Solus posted:

Thats an old dumb image someone unironically posted in the past - but still lmao @ the probe

:hfive:

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
yeah i know he's goofing but :cmon:

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
make shinji pilot goonwaffe

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

causticBeet posted:

frankly I support this new precedent of banning all anime

So there is no amnesty for Rho Squad?

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

PhilippAchtel posted:

HAHAHAHA

I can't believe you thought this was something to post. Good lord.

it was something some karmafleet dipshit posted in spacegbs a few years back. I think he's a director now, which should tell you the entire trajectory of this shitshow.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

kept that rap sheet pristine for 13 years and then blammo

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
Update: I have been blacklisted from GSF lmao

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Mapache posted:

Wait, why is bad-touch on this list?

Sourced from Johnny 5 Jaces, so idk ask him

Kazinsal posted:

Rad, thanks. The Discord link in the second post of the thread seems to be broken, or maybe that's just my end? Just opens a blank new tab for me.

whoops

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

andromache posted:

Cease to Hope posted:

what in the hell

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

I do want to point out that that is an old dumb image and he is making a joke so please do not ban him over a misfired attempt at humor.

the probe i agree with though, bad atrum

Solus posted:

Rhymenoserous posted:

it was something some karmafleet dipshit posted in spacegbs a few years back. I think he's a director now, which should tell you the entire trajectory of this shitshow.

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

kept that rap sheet pristine for 13 years and then blammo

Worth it for the laff IMO. Nice one Atrum.

Tsed
Jan 30, 2008

aaaaag drugs

andromache posted:

thank you for your service

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Solus posted:

Tsed
Jan 30, 2008

aaaaag drugs

Solus posted:

this sucks

but also good for you

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

andromache posted:

jesus loving christ, atrum

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
There's a little part of me that wishes we could build one corp for ~gewns~ again and grow it from organically sourced goons but really that's just because I don't want to go hunting for a new home every time I log into this loving game two years after the last time.

That's the one thing I loved about the swarm and it was ruined. Rip.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

Solus posted:

The fate of all dangerously schismatic rabble-rousers.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Rhymenoserous posted:

There's a little part of me that wishes we could build one corp for ~gewns~ again and grow it from organically sourced goons but really that's just because I don't want to go hunting for a new home every time I log into this loving game two years after the last time.

Check the first link in the second post in the thread, fam.

Gwailar
Jun 21, 2021

andromache posted:

Now this is shitposting.

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

They say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day.

Solus posted:

...why? for leaving? Also how hosed up is it that youre blacklisted but Mittens isnt
thats some real "you cant quit im firing you" poo poo

tocooljim
Jan 6, 2009

Solus posted:

Join the club!

What else are they gonna do, blacklist our SA accounts from joining the GSF? Oh wait.

Mapache
Dec 17, 2013

dragonshardz posted:

Sourced from Johnny 5 Jaces, so idk ask him

whoops

Word thanks, would like to know what we stand accused of other than having a dumb edgy alliance name.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Rhymenoserous posted:

Just live in high sec :rolleye:

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

SHISHKABOB posted:

Just live in high sec :rolleye:

Absolutely not. I belong in a cloaked ship in someone elses home.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Solus posted:

In all the years I've been associated with the dumb space game and its formerly-goon alliance, there's one thing I never bothered to ask -- how do you even check who is on the blacklist?

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

In all the years I've been associated with the dumb space game and its formerly-goon alliance, there's one thing I never bothered to ask -- how do you even check who is on the blacklist?

just tune in to nbc this fall for season 10 of the blacklist, dawg

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Rhymenoserous posted:

Absolutely not. I belong in a cloaked ship in someone elses home.

Then oh boy does hole squad have a place for you.

As an added bonus after each break you get to play “hunt the exit”

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

dragonshardz posted:

Check the first link in the second post in the thread, fam.

I unironically like the way the in game metagame (Read blackops etc) can effect the political metagame. Wormholes don't really provide that the way I enjoy it. EDIT: I'm not out to have good fights with people, I enjoy damaging alliances/corporations by making their little ratting havens unsafe for long periods of time. I'm great at finding that one spot in the JB network that snips off big chunks of these goofy little empires we build and just making travel completely miserable for a whole region.

Probably the closest I can get to that playstyle is EO, and I don't like some of the people there so v0v.

Rhymenoserous fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Jul 19, 2022

Mapache
Dec 17, 2013

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

from when I was a corp ceo, there was a bot you could ping a name to and it would tell you and there was also a webpage with a database. I forget but it was probably goonfleet.com/blacklist or something

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

I hope goons in GSF see how much enthusiasm for the game has kindled precisely because people suddenly have the hope of playing the game outside the old, dead structure.

Honestly, I think it's really neat. Who wouldn't want to be part of the birth of something new? Wasn't that the excitement that built GSF in the first place?

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

It's a revolution, folks

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

PhilippAchtel posted:

It's a revolution, folks

Honk rabble rabble honk!

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

i just remembered that i never actually played the goose game

shutupandshave
May 11, 2006
SUAS

Rhymenoserous posted:

There's a fair few goons that dip in and out from Black Omega Security when the need for eve takes them (I do try and warn them against not subscribing).
OMEGA have been going since the servers started, and whilst I was a shouty dipshit that gained self-worth by singing over everyone drunkenly a couple of kids and a wife have beaten that almost entirely out of me.

OMEGA has a long and storied history with Goons... from protecting them from -AAA- up in S-U back in and around 2006? (and renting out belts to goonwaffe), through to me leaving and becoming (ever so briefly, I was the only person with the skills to increase the number of players allowed in the corp) CEO, and Euro Skymarshal during the huge war against BoB (until I burnt out for a couple of years).

If it helps, I'm told that being in OMEGA grants you an instant blacklist from The Mittani for ever being in GoonSwarm again.

Anyway if people want somewhere to go where we've all realised we're in our 30's, 40's and 50's and just being nice to each other is way better than edgy jokes, or just to come chat about the _olden days_ - feel free to head over: https://discord.com/invite/pmyQYxE9F5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

i just remembered that i never actually played the goose game

It's a fun way to spend an afternoon.