Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

IMPACT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

How would Tony Khan go about booking Kris Statlander in the main event of wrestlemania?

What does this Redditor know that we don’t???

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

You fucker I got so excited before I saw the date

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
What's up with the 10 year old tweet posted with no context?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Babinsack was the patron saint of this thread before Chris Regal died (pbuh) and him partying with Chris Cruise rules

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Joe Babinsack listing his pro wrestling columns in his linkedin resume is one of the only times Linkedin has ever been entertaining.

Fun fact: When I looked to see if he was on twitter today I clicked on the retweets on that tweet to see what kind of person would retweet Joe Babinsack.

The answer was me, apparently I had already found his account a few years ago and forgot.

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Jul 18, 2022

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Joe Babinsack is the Tom Friedman of wrestling journalism, which in turn is a huge compliment to wrestling journalism when you compare each of their careers in their respective genres.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/HappHazzard/status/1549081417057013760

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I flew too close to the sun trying to dunk on a rando making GBS threads on the meltz

I assume he thought i was talking to him, but now i feel bad that he thought i was being a dick to him. No, dave, this other guy has an account for a podcast and he hasn’t released an episode in 3 years, im making GBS threads on him

:negative:

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Man there's so many different ways to read this post and all of them are hilarious. My favorite read is that they feel WWE is so lovely that AEW should be able to crush them with ease just because TK comes from a billionaire family.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

rotinaj posted:

I flew too close to the sun trying to dunk on a rando making GBS threads on the meltz

I assume he thought i was talking to him, but now i feel bad that he thought i was being a dick to him. No, dave, this other guy has an account for a podcast and he hasn’t released an episode in 3 years, im making GBS threads on him

:negative:

What I always tell you guys? Be sincere and be specific. Or else end up like ol' rotinaj

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://twitter.com/joemashups/status/1548984420228538368?s=21&t=2QyZr5NNdDEAViFPORxpjg

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I really thought it'd be at least five years before people got nostalgic for the loving PC/ThunderDome era.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/BaptizedFire125/status/1549136587765719052?t=1UXDJ75sfDSzKoNxUMJZuQ&s=19

https://twitter.com/BaptizedFire125/status/1549137850716807173?t=nNvohy4oaLAW_8Y5N8p5JQ&s=19

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I do not like watching good matches.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
I dare any single one of these people to actually define what "Psychology" means in a wrestling match

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Drakkel posted:

I dare any single one of these people to actually define what "Psychology" means in a wrestling match

Best faith read it's how the characters react to the tactics and taunts of their opponents and adjust their approach accordingly, most likely it's when characters make the crying emoji face at their hands

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

they obviously dont watch any of those matches so I think they just assume the matches are 100% sprinting spot to spot and nothing else

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

MJeff posted:

I really thought it'd be at least five years before people got nostalgic for the loving PC/ThunderDome era.

WWE fans were nostalgic for it almost immediately because they hate live crowds making GBS threads on the product

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

your friend wicka posted:

WWE fans were nostalgic for it almost immediately because they hate live crowds making GBS threads on the product

Seth almost immediately was whining about how telling their stupid stories was easier in the ThunderDome because they didn't have to worry about the real people going against the script. :lol:

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
...why don't tweets embed here anymore?

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

davidbix posted:

...why don't tweets embed here anymore?

something broke on twitters poo poo that made it super gently caress up safari browsers so its currently turned off for ios/macos safari here until they fix it

e: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4006697

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

graph posted:

something broke on twitters poo poo that made it super gently caress up safari browsers so its currently turned off for ios/macos safari here until they fix it

e: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4006697
Aha! I did notice that, too.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Drakkel posted:

Can top that

https://twitter.com/BaptizedFire125/status/1549177156512645121?t=ODYhceSrt3adtsPElkROhQ&s=19

Define gimmick in a way that Jay White, Kenny Omega, Will Ospreay and Adam Cole are all the same person.

https://twitter.com/BaptizedFire125/status/1549137235420876805?t=6Y1aE4lJuK1GYAoREHHbpg&s=19

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Man I don't like Ospreay, I think he's overrated as hell, but her argument is just :psyduck:

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Killer Kross certainly makes me feel something

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

"arrogant gaijin megalomaniac who has put together a crew of foreigners and outsiders" is a pretty simple gimmick to get.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Also you can just look at him and be reminded of all the Ladbible posts you've ever seen

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

If they think about that about wrestling, I don't want to know the rest.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The loving Miz

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost

Drakkel posted:

There was a tweet in here recently that referred to working on a limb and then using a submission move on that limb and I'm convinced that is literally the only form of in-ring storytelling they can wrap their heads around.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Rarity posted:

The loving Miz

of all wrestlers :lmao:

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Jay White in that list is so bizarre. He's one of the smartest ring workers out there and couldn't even uncharitably be called a spot monkey wrestler.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Jay White in that list is so bizarre. He's one of the smartest ring workers out there and couldn't even uncharitably be called a spot monkey wrestler.

They've never watched a Jay White match

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

These are the same people who said Okada was known for his flips.

It is my mission to get them to say it about Ishii.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Lamuella posted:

You really like touching the poop

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Lamuella posted:

Come on, haven't you ever seen Okada do a 450 splash off the top rope into a bunch of lads standing outside the ring and doing tiger feint kicks and corkscrew moonsaults and poo poo.

Neither have I.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Lamuella posted:

"arrogant gaijin megalomaniac who has put together a crew of foreigners and outsiders" is a pretty simple gimmick to get.

No this doofus wants a true gimmick like "fat mailman" who threatens to steal the audience's social security checks or "fat cop" who tells the audience to obey the law or "creepy clown" who scares kids

Or maybe not based on their lists. Maybe they think "character" means 20 minute promos but then Kross makes no sense in that context

I think that person is just really dumb and throws around words they don't understand

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Elephant Ambush posted:

No this doofus wants a true gimmick like "fat mailman" who threatens to steal the audience's social security checks or "fat cop" who tells the audience to obey the law or "creepy clown" who scares kids

Or maybe not based on their lists. Maybe they think "character" means 20 minute promos but then Kross makes no sense in that context

I think that person is just really dumb and throws around words they don't understand

British lad who has the coke in the club seems like a gimmick like fat postman. I don't think these people know what they want

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Gumball Gumption posted:

British lad who has the coke in the club seems like a gimmick like fat postman. I don't think these people know what they want

Honestly that's a good point. All these things they claim they want are just a smoke screen for "I don't like this other thing"