Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

zoux posted:

incel Leonidas single handedly holding off 10,000 cops
This cracked me up.

Did anything happen to the recent attempted Galleria shooter? I read he was charged with a misdemeanor and that's it.

Deadly Ham Sandwich fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Jul 18, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Tobe Nwigwe is the fuckin' truth and I have been super happy he has been getting more attention. Dude deserves all the success in the world.

Rebel Blob
Mar 1, 2008

Extinction for our time

The Texas House of Representatives report itself is, to put it mildly, incredibly frustrating.

https://twitter.com/emilytroutman/status/1548785871331131395

https://twitter.com/emilytroutman/status/1548831588795965441

https://twitter.com/emilytroutman/status/1548804950502825986

https://twitter.com/emilytroutman/status/1548838594818744321

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

I read the report last night.
Some of this is a little skewed.
SOME of it.

For the most part, the report places the majority of blame on the police response, specifically the lack of leadership (cisd chief coward), AND every cop who arrived who failed to have the balls/ovaries needed to say WTF and take command.

Secondary in severity, was the school admin/faculty for not maintaining the culture and conditions outlined in their own standards and shooter plan.

Lastly
The friends/family and system that allowed so many red flags of the kid himself to go Unnoticed and/or unacted upon. From the poor grades and attendance, to the social withdrawal (probably) caused by bullying, to the terroristic threats and violent acts committed often there towards the last 2 years.
To wit: his personal circle of both irl friends and acquaintances and internet ones, quickly identified the problems, and gave him the moniker of "school shooter". So the signs were all there. It's just nobody acted upon it.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

The lesson police unions will take is don't hold cops to professional standards or you instill hesitation in our otherwise heroic officers.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Nonsense posted:

The lesson police unions will take is don't hold cops to professional standards or you instill hesitation in our otherwise heroic officers.

Can't fail to live up to a standard if it doesn't exist.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

The Bananana posted:

I read the report last night.
Some of this is a little skewed.
SOME of it.

For the most part, the report places the majority of blame on the police response, specifically the lack of leadership (cisd chief coward), AND every cop who arrived who failed to have the balls/ovaries needed to say WTF and take command.

Secondary in severity, was the school admin/faculty for not maintaining the culture and conditions outlined in their own standards and shooter plan.

Lastly
The friends/family and system that allowed so many red flags of the kid himself to go Unnoticed and/or unacted upon. From the poor grades and attendance, to the social withdrawal (probably) caused by bullying, to the terroristic threats and violent acts committed often there towards the last 2 years.
To wit: his personal circle of both irl friends and acquaintances and internet ones, quickly identified the problems, and gave him the moniker of "school shooter". So the signs were all there. It's just nobody acted upon it.

Coincidentally the issue of having someone that young being able to obtain an assault rifle was NEVER in question to being a problem either. How weird..........

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/JeremySWallace/status/1549038157848399872

No one is giving them a chance outside of democratic fundraisers and credulous reporters

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/JeremySWallace/status/1549038157848399872

No one is giving them a chance outside of democratic fundraisers and credulous reporters

Abrams could win her race.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Spacebump posted:

In a fair election but she is a black woman in Georgia

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Spacebump posted:

Lmao no she can’t

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/RonnyJacksonTX/status/1548803270696640512

This guy is both a physician and a USN flag officer

zoux fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Jul 18, 2022

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Proudly flaunting his child-killing devices, boasting about his freedom to kill children.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

zoux posted:

Jesus...

I'm trying to think of another example in history of when proponents for something ended up being the biggest liability or detractors of that something, and I'm coming up blank.

Mind you, I did just take a 2 x 4 to the face a few minutes ago, so that may have some bearing on the matter, but still.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

The Bananana posted:

Jesus...

I'm trying to think of another example in history of when proponents for something ended up being the biggest liability or detractors of that something, and I'm coming up blank.

Mind you, I did just take a 2 x 4 to the face a few minutes ago, so that may have some bearing on the matter, but still.

NAMBLA?

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

zoux posted:

Does nobody understand gun safety? Sure, his finger is at least outside the trigger guard, but one of those rifles is pointed square at his own foot.

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug

The Bananana posted:

Jesus...

Rick and Morty. Final Fantasy XIV.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

The Bananana posted:

Jesus...

The entire history of building this country on the backs of African slaves?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/tplohetski/status/1549099499859099648

Just fuckin lol

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
"how do we get even more cops more overtime from the next one"

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Jiro posted:

The entire history of building this country on the backs of African slaves?

They didn’t do it alone, we also subjugated indigenous people in colonies and territories

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

zoux posted:

Wasn't he Trump's presidential physician that said he could live forever

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Kunabomber posted:

Wasn't he Trump's presidential physician that said he could live forever

yes.

he was also around during Obama's admin and was widely renowned as being a drunk and pill fiend

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

quote:

In June 2021, Jackson was one of 14 House Republicans to vote against legislation to establish June 19, or Juneteenth, as a federal holiday.

lol i didn't know only 14 voted against. pretty sure a few more would be from texas, where the eponymous event happened

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Proud Christian Mom posted:

he was widely renowned as being a drunk and pill fiend

That is what made Rick Perry so powerful

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

I'm back from the headwound.

jokes posted:

That is what made Rick Perry so powerful

I thought it was the devils pact he made with a tree nymph? :confused:

IT BURNS
Nov 19, 2012

It's like higher education - LET'S HAVE A COMMITTEE!

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

The Bananana posted:

I thought it was the devils pact he made with a tree nymph? :confused:

Are you talking about that time when, as governor, he stumbled into committing the cardinal sin of republican statecraft— good governance— and mandated an HPV vaccine so his wife could get free money?

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

jokes posted:

Are you talking about that time when, as governor, he stumbled into committing the cardinal sin of republican statecraft— good governance— and mandated an HPV vaccine so his wife could get free money?

my favorite thing was Texas Republicans getting really mad at all the emergency powers Abbott could wield since the legislature can only meet for 3 weeks every 7 years

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

jokes posted:

Maybe the blow to the head was worse than I thought.

Edit: I was talking about the time a tree fell on him and took his legs, and then in return paved the way for his path to governor and curse of texas.

And, I guess I was talking about Abbott. Lol.

The Bananana fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Jul 18, 2022

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
And here I was thinking you were referring to when Perry came upon a fey while out jogging and consummated a pact with it by ritually sacrificing a coyote with the pea shooter he kept in his fanny pack.

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

LLSix posted:

Does nobody understand gun safety? Sure, his finger is at least outside the trigger guard, but one of those rifles is pointed square at his own foot.

Lol. Lack of trigger discipline. TFR's eternal explanation for why so many toddlers kill their siblings and parents every year.

well you see that 4 year old just hadn't been properly trained how to hold a gun

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

Yeah Tobe is a bit odd but he kicks rear end op. Same with Maxo if we're going for the "Nigerians turned Houston hip-hop acts" genre.

https://youtu.be/NFshaFXrfTQ

LLSix posted:

Considering this is performative bullshit from a politician clearly pandering to his base? Absolutely not.

Also notice that he has two basically identical looking ARs which is hilarious with such a modular firearm, but also why the gently caress doesn't that expensive rear end one he's pointing at his foot with the long floating handguard not have a loving optic at all on it? This is good ol boy cosplay, lol.

Is this fucker even from Texas or is he just another dumbass alamosexual from utah

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch
Seriously, unless the case is "this is the really cheap rear end $400 PSA rifle that I got ages ago, this other one is the bougie rear end fancy $1400 rifle, and I just haven't gotten rid of the cheap one yet/I keep it chambered in .22lr for shits and giggles" then there is like, no reason to own more than one AR-15.

Just swap out the upper or whatever stupid farkles you threw on the handguard you dumb shits they're very rapidly modular weapons and you don't need god drat 5 of them.

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch
Any politician (lookin at you Boebert) who poses like "yo look at all of my Ay Are Fifteen Branded Rifles I sure do like guns I'm just like the peasants" should be mocked openly, preferably Infront of your chuddier family members

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
guns are such a bougie hobby....$400 on the low end?

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
Students in Dallas Independent School District must now wear clear or mesh backpacks for the coming school year in response to Uvalde Shooting.

The AR-15 - famous for being neatly backpack-sized.

IBroughttheFunk fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Jul 19, 2022

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

The shooter crashed his truck and then went into a school he didn’t attend. What is the point in subjecting kids and parents to this performative nonsense?

litany of gulps
Jun 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

biceps crimes posted:

The shooter crashed his truck and then went into a school he didn’t attend. What is the point in subjecting kids and parents to this performative nonsense?

Gang related handgun violence

Edit: phone posting and couldn’t find a link, but Woodrow was in the news quite a bit last semester for shootouts, and some other campuses had issues that weren’t quite so prominent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

biceps crimes posted:

We are still taking our shoes off at the airport and keeping fluids under 3oz.

We as a nation are committed to do-nothing performative horseshit as long as it gives us license to do absolutely nothing else.