Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DaitoX
Mar 1, 2008
I just started and leveling feels very alone. While in WoW / GW2 / ESO / FF14 you always see people around or at least find dungeons reasonable fast in lost ark I don't see anyone and waiting on match making feels futile (part of this is that it doesn't tell you how long it estimates to find a group and you can do it solo, so after a couple of minutes I just do it solo).

It is probably fine at high level, but it still surprised me considering the population numbers. I expected at least to see a couple of people around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RYYSZLA
May 11, 2013

DaitoX posted:

I just started and leveling feels very alone. While in WoW / GW2 / ESO / FF14 you always see people around or at least find dungeons reasonable fast in lost ark I don't see anyone and waiting on match making feels futile (part of this is that it doesn't tell you how long it estimates to find a group and you can do it solo, so after a couple of minutes I just do it solo).

It is probably fine at high level, but it still surprised me considering the population numbers. I expected at least to see a couple of people around.

You'll never see more people around.

if you ever played mid2010's mobile MMO games like Era of Celestials and knew what they were like you saw this coming from 10,000,000 miles away. Lost Ark is a glorified mobile game with no actual MMO content, just "watch ur power go up and ur place in a leaderboard go up but never meaningfully interact with other players"

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
The leveling zones were well-populated on launch, and trying world bosses with other on-level folks during that was actually kinda fun.

But the leveling experience overall is so incredibly long and slow that they have to give people skip passes to get them to actually play new classes, so unlike other MMOs you will never ever run into other people leveling their alts. Just bots and other completely new players (if you can ever find them).

Khorne
May 1, 2002

DaitoX posted:

You can catch other players near wandering merchants and adventure tome stuff in the leveling areas. As a new player, you don't need to do either of those [but you could if you wanted to, imo do it later]. https://lostmerchants.com/ if you want to see for yourself that other people do in fact exist (they spawn at :30).

The game is very top heavy because outside of the initial ~12 hours of leveling you mostly sit around in punika/at daily stuff. Alts don't even need to go through the 1-50 content again.

It's definitely not a "you're in a living, breathing world" or "large in-game community" type of MMO. It's very modern game in the sense that the communities are on discord.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Jul 16, 2022

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

DaitoX posted:

It's also a product of having channels. The second a channel hits a threshold a new one is generated. Keeps players moving along, but also keeps it feeling empty.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Is it true that the Korean server is getting a gear level 1415 pass soon? That will be a nice thing to look forward to.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Yea but remember that the new content in Korea will be starting in the high 1500's, so 1415 is still a long long ways off.

DaitoX
Mar 1, 2008
I ran into a couple of people. I was soling the salt giant or something, it had 26 health bars. So that was going slowly, then around 18 health bars left someone came to help, still went pretty slow. At 3 health bars left another person joined and the last 3 bars went down super fast (guess that person was higher level).

Khorne posted:

Alts don't even need to go through the 1-50 content again.

This is probably the main reason then.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

People also go back to fill out the adventurers tome or to replay the first ~6 hours with a new alt to get a card to help upgrade one for the endgame meta card set.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Started/finished Valtan normal on my destroyer, never done it before. Died near the end twice but still got third place so I feel pretty good considering it was a reclear group. Learned I can be way more aggressive with my push immunity/shield abilities to get out of poo poo that other classes need to avoid, so that'll be fun in the future. Gotta learn where to stand to avoid some stuff better though, some of the tells do not feel very obvious/inuitive to me.

e: Is it a good idea to use the special honing materials to just bump a bunch of stuff from 15 to 16 so I can save the resources? The stat bumps seem pretty significant in comparison

S.J. fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Jul 17, 2022

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008
Afaik 15 to 16 is the most efficient use of fused leapstones by far so go wild.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Estraysian posted:

Afaik 15 to 16 is the most efficient use of fused leapstones by far so go wild.

That's what it seemed like to me, too bad it's a 10% chance lmao. None of them hit, oh well.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Depends on how long you see yourself playing the game. If you are interested in Albrehlshud in 5-6 months, I'd hang on to them and up convert them at that time.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Zotix posted:

Depends on how long you see yourself playing the game. If you are interested in Albrehlshud in 5-6 months, I'd hang on to them and up convert them at that time.
The value in conversion if you want to hit a high enough ilvl to do the next set of gates in the first week. If anyone is below 1460 right now on their main, or this is for an alt, then it's highly likely it won't matter because they won't be pushing for that week1 anyway.

That doesn't mean it's worth blowing them all or something, but using them on 15 or lower armors is fairly efficient and will only eat up a few weeks of fused leapstones. Saving them once 1460+ makes sense because you can always tap into a big stack of them later if you want/need to.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Jul 18, 2022

S.J.
May 19, 2008

It's my main and I'm playing pretty casually so yeah, no worries. Kind of disappointed it's only a ten percent chance still though, didn't even land any of them.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

S.J. posted:

It's my main and I'm playing pretty casually so yeah, no worries. Kind of disappointed it's only a ten percent chance still though, didn't even land any of them.
At some point, 10% becomes great odds and you'll likely be running this content weekly so you'll get many more attempts.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

I'm not really complaining, just sad it's another RNG that I'm bound to fail over and over

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"
What are people's plans for their Punika pass character? I would love to try a longer range character with mobility and not a lot of long cast times or skill lock considering my other characters are a Scrapper, Destroyer, and a Bard . Are my options Pistoleer Deadeye or Time To Hunt Gunslinger? Arcanist has a cool class identity but it looks pretty short-ranged.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

RoboCicero posted:

What are people's plans for their Punika pass character? I would love to try a longer range character with mobility and not a lot of long cast times or skill lock considering my other characters are a Scrapper, Destroyer, and a Bard . Are my options Pistoleer Deadeye or Time To Hunt Gunslinger? Arcanist has a cool class identity but it looks pretty short-ranged.
I'm going arcana. But, I think I'll like arcana. It's short-ranged, fragile, needlessly intricate, and fairly mobile. If I don't like arcana, I already have a bunch of alts so it's not a big deal for me to waste the pass.

I have only played peacemaker gunslinger out of those two classes & that's not the class engraving you're asking about. Peacemaker has long animations and getting hit goes really poorly. There is a reflux sorceress build with no long cast times.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Jul 18, 2022

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Making another paladin because I want more gold, and supports are easy gold. Plus I have the legendary engravings and such.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
I already have 6 1445+ characters and don't plan on replacing any of them so I'm just gonna make an Arcanist for fun knowing it likely won't ever go past 1370.

Olds
Oct 17, 2005
I just want a lopang/rest energy character, but I haven't decided on what class yet.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

Cinara posted:

I already have 6 1445+ characters and don't plan on replacing any of them so I'm just gonna make an Arcanist for fun knowing it likely won't ever go past 1370.

As someone who has been playing since launch and only has 2 chars above 1370, and none above 1390, this is absolutely nuts to me.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

SweetJahasus posted:

As someone who has been playing since launch and only has 2 chars above 1370, and none above 1390, this is absolutely nuts to me.

Money brah.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Or absolutely shameless and unreasonable time investment.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
I have spent about $100 on the game, all of it on character slots to try out more classes and the 1500 royal crystal or w/e the ark pass was. No royal crystal has been converted to gold.

Lt. Lizard posted:

Or absolutely shameless and unreasonable time investment.

It's this.

It also helps to have a group of friends that are all shameless MMO addicts so I have a full static and 5/6 people for every single alt raid so they are all painless and fast.

Cinara fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Jul 18, 2022

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://forums.playlostark.com/t/login-rewards-extension/434539

So good news for people that were afraid about missing the day 20 login reward

RoboCicero posted:

Soulfist for me.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

RoboCicero posted:

I'm thinking about trixion banking it on a gunner for scouter. My other option is using it on a gunlancer, but the characters I have in T1/2 are both about to get to the next tier so I might just vern KT it to collect T1 event mats.

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
i’m really hoping arcanist makes me want to log in more again. i miss playing but have been so busy that it feels like an enormous mountain to catch up now. :smith:

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:
Shadowhunter here. I just can't pass up on being a maximum level edgelord and I already have a Deathblade.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
Yeah I think I pushed too hard running legion raids so much to stay caught up. I'm completely burned out from the game from the long hours of raiding. I'm just casually doing dailies now and haven't stepped foot in a legion raid since thursday. I've been spending my free time playing rune factory 5 instead. I am probably going to punika pass an arcanist and see how it goes. Going to take legion raids more casually now.

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.

Pragmatica posted:

i’m really hoping arcanist makes me want to log in more again. i miss playing but have been so busy that it feels like an enormous mountain to catch up now. :smith:

This is where I'm at as well. I was out of town the entire week Vykas released, and now every time I think about hopping back in it just feels like a huge chore & obligation I'm avoiding. Hoping Arcana can rekindle some sparks for me.

Khorne
May 1, 2002
Honing buff up to 1370 is coming with the patch tomorrow.

T1/T2 now work like the express pass but better. T3 to 1370 is now significantly cheaper and a flat +20% (absolute, not multiplicative) success rate.

For anyone who hasn't started the game yet or is a total degenerate and wants to start additional rosters, they now have a paid vern power pass for 1100 royal crystals (~$10) that will skip the 14-30 hours of 1-50 & post 50 continents and shove you right into Tier1 stuff.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Jul 19, 2022

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
Lots of stuff coming tomorrow:

https://twitter.com/playlostark/status/1549426436041220103

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8W9PM7nWHY

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

quote:

With the Punika Powerpass, you'll receive Item Level 1302 gear. This is an event Powerpass that expires on September 28.

So I guess the next class is coming on Sept 28th at the earliest, since they said this Punika powerpass would only last for one class release.

e:

quote:

Growth Support Effect

This update also includes a new Growth Support Effect which will aid players in advancing their characters to item level 1370.
Tier 1 Growth Support

100% success rate when honing Tier 1 gear from level 1 to 15.

Double level ups when honing Tier 1 gear at level 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, and 11.

Required honing XP reduced by 20% when honing Tier 1 gear from level 1 to 15.

Honing breakthrough cost reduced by 100% when honing Tier 1 gear from level 1 to 15.

Tier 2 Growth Support

100% Success Rate when honing Tier 2 gear from level 1 to 15.

Double level ups when honing Tier 2 gear at level 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, and 11.

Required honing XP reduced by 15% when honing Tier 2 gear from level 1 to 15.

Honing breakthrough cost reduced by 100% when honing Tier 2 gear from level 1 to 15.

Tier 3 Growth Support

Basic success rate increased by 20% (max. 20%) when honing Tier 3 item level 1302 gear from level 1 to 15.

Required honing XP reduced by 30% when honing Tier 3 item level 1302 gear from level 1 to 15.

Required honing breakthrough materials and cost reduced by 50% when honing Tier 3 item level 1302 gear from level 1 to 15.

Tier 3 honing costs decreased (30% Gold decrease and 50% gear XP decrease).

Increased honing success rate by 10%.

Good buff.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Jul 19, 2022

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"
I'm personally excited for challenge abyssal dungeons and fighting the necromancer through 5 resurrections at ilevel.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
100% chance to succeed T1-T2!? That is insanity! I am totally going to make alts. Is the character slot for 15 USD for one slot or one page with like 8 slots? Because its going to be expensive if its the former. I will have to delete some characters.

The waterpark event also looks pretty fun. I hope its more like the Naruni racing event. Although anything is better than sitting on the beach for 9 minutes.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
It's 800 royal crystal for 1 character slot, so about $8

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

If you know anyone even remotely interested, this may be the best time to get them into the game. Getting to 1370 is going to be extremely fast and easy to do. They will also get a 2nd T3 character for free the second they finish Punika. Unfortunately the new deadzone will be 1370 to 1415, but I feel like it's not as bad as 1340-1370 used to be. New players will also have more to do than we did in that range. Oreha hard, Argos, Challenge Abyssal, Challenge Guardians, Chaos Line, Thronespire, and the summer event should help push people to 1415 at a reasonable pace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Yea 1370->1415 is so much faster these days even just because current events are giving great honor leapstones and far more shards than the events we had when Argos was the endgame. On top of the other sources you mentioned that are all massive amounts of stuff.