Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

satanic splash-back posted:

No, you're just arguing in bad faith in some stupid attempt to troll in between mental breakdowns where you post YouTube videos all over the forums. Which is extremely American, because mental healthcare is very expensive and taking your anger out on random people is a lot cheaper.

Billy is a professional SA troll as far as I've seen.

Nothing is genuine. Just ignore him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

No. 6 posted:

If we have an armed population, we can eliminate police.

Are we still doing phrasing?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

4-year old shoots at police

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica

No, you're just arguing in bad faith in some stupid attempt to troll in between mental breakdowns where you post YouTube videos all over the forums. Which is extremely American, because mental healthcare is very expensive and taking your anger out on random people is a lot cheaper.

Not angry, and not wrong either. Sorry.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Jesus christ lol. "This is not the first time..."

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

You can do whatever you want in life.

"Kids! Kids! Kids!" To stop their fellow pigs from unloading into the car (because they know they're being recorded)

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
HAHA!
"police leave loaded gun next to toddler" is the motherfucking headline here
loving...HA!

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
Suddenly cops do have restraint, even when actually being shot at, if it's a little white person.

If it's a black person running away, or standing there, or just existing well BLAMBLAMBLAMBLAMBLAM

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

The Fattest PI posted:

Suddenly cops do have restraint, even when actually being shot at, if it's a little white person.

If it's a black person running away, or standing there, or just existing well BLAMBLAMBLAMBLAMBLAM

Black people in the US don't get to play with toy guns, or buy BB guns, or legally own guns.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killing_of_Tamir_Rice
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killing_of_John_Crawford_III
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killing_of_Philando_Castile

Edit: sorry, I'm adding on to what you're saying, not contradicting it.

Read After Burning fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Jul 19, 2022

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Your dad might be a shithead, but you're all right, kid.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

FoolyCharged posted:

Your dad might be a shithead, but you're all right, kid.

lol

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

mobby_6kl posted:

Which is exactly why Mexico should be investing in protecting their border, duh.

They'll probably start in a few more years when Americans start fleeing the increasing cruelty of our Cristofascist regime in large numbers.

Pennywise the Frown posted:

From the trump lol thread.

That's weird. I thought Matt Gaetz really, really likes kids.

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
Students in Texas's second-largest school district must now wear clear backpacks for the coming year.

Jesus Christ. The shooter walked into a school that wasn't his carrying a gun that wasn't backpack-sized, but sure, go on with the stupid performative bullshit. Nevermind things like students who would like to keep their tampons/other hygiene products, or anything else that they would prefer to keep their own private business out of sight. Or the fact that this wearing this will just be a big loving reminder every single day that they're ultimately not safe here at school.

IBroughttheFunk fucked around with this message at 11:31 on Jul 19, 2022

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Yes, just imagine how the tragedy at Uvalde could have been prevented if only all the kids had clear backpacks...

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
School starts at 8am. As a rule, your check-in begins two or three hours before. Be sure to allow sufficient time for queueing, and get to the school in advance. You need to have the boarding pass as printout or on your smartphone to hand when checking in clear backpacks and at the security checkpoint. If neither of these options works for you, you will be able to obtain your boarding pass in person from the school, in the conventional way, after checking in online. If you wish to check in online, you can find out how from the school’s website or app. Online check-in currently not available.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
You joke, but the LA Schools had a whole-rear end COVID passport app set up to make sure kids weren't positive/hadnt missed testing.

It added some interesting complexity to the start of the school day.

How long until: "Texas school requires form-fitting jumpsuit for all students"?

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

FilthyImp posted:

How long until: "Texas school requires form-fitting jumpsuit for all students"?

Narrator: This GOP sponsored legislation was already in the works, but not for the reason you'd guess.

*Fade to Rep. Gaetz close up*

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Tarquinn posted:

School starts at 8am. As a rule, your check-in begins two or three hours before. Be sure to allow sufficient time for queueing, and get to the school in advance. You need to have the boarding pass as printout or on your smartphone to hand when checking in clear backpacks and at the security checkpoint. If neither of these options works for you, you will be able to obtain your boarding pass in person from the school, in the conventional way, after checking in online. If you wish to check in online, you can find out how from the school’s website or app. Online check-in currently not available.

Maybe being on the honor roll can be like the TSA Pre Check?

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION
Do people forget that there are two sides to a border? Mexico helping to fund border security is for their own benefit, not the US, and that's A Good Thing. It's not inherently racist to have good border security. Countries all over the world regularly invest in their border security for entirely ordinary, non racist reasons. Different countries have different items that are legal or restricted, or in the case of biosecurity there are items that could pose incredible risk to the receiving country's flora or fauna. I know people here know that, this is just in response to that idiotic Twitter take.

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

lol @ mexicans going to usa for guns and americans going to mexico for healthcare

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

pro starcraft loser posted:

Maybe being on the honor roll can be like the TSA Pre Check?

I think you should be able to pay to get on, like normal. After all, richer = better and more trustworthy.

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008

putin is a oval office posted:

Do people forget that there are two sides to a border? Mexico helping to fund border security is for their own benefit, not the US, and that's A Good Thing. It's not inherently racist to have good border security. Countries all over the world regularly invest in their border security for entirely ordinary, non racist reasons. Different countries have different items that are legal or restricted, or in the case of biosecurity there are items that could pose incredible risk to the receiving country's flora or fauna. I know people here know that, this is just in response to that idiotic Twitter take.

We know borders exist and that they can be mutually beneficial for both countries to have and to keep secure. Not many people will argue that.
It's just that "border security" has become a dogwhistle for white racists for awhile now, and when white racists are talking about border security, they aren't talking about border security. They're talking about keeping not white people out of the country, or kicking the existing not white people out. So I don't really blame people for raising their hackles when white people start talking border security.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

I would think Mexico and Canada have a good amount of interest in helping keep USA's borders tight from both sides because we have way too many guns and a drug-heavy black market because of our draconian drug laws.

the US gun problem is our gun problem too, unfortunately

https://twitter.com/CTVNews/status/1521166775559327746

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

I would think Mexico and Canada have a good amount of interest in helping keep USA's borders tight from both sides because we have way too many guns and a drug-heavy black market because of our draconian drug laws.

The problem here, at least on the mexican side, will always be that there are too many US dollars flowing south. No state in central america can afford to pay public officials enough to outbid the cartels' plata o plomo

Vitamin Me
Mar 30, 2007

Stink Billyums posted:

I bet that drone was bullied

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Stink Billyums posted:

Oh god canadian chuds are just as bad as regular chuds

https://twitter.com/SloggenDazs/status/1521168538333061120

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

FBI released their reports 2021 statistics on Law Enforcement Officers killed in the line of duty back in may, I just saw it:
https://www.fbi.gov/news/press-releases/press-releases/fbi-releases-2021-statistics-on-law-enforcement-officers-killed-in-the-line-of-duty

Key takeways:
73 were killed in the line of duty.
Of those 73, one was responding to an active shooter
Of those 73, 25 were not actively involved in any policing at the time
Of those 73, 61 were killed by firearms. Four were killed by karate masters with their hands and feet registered as lethal weapons.
Of those 73, 43 were in the South.

Separate from those 73, 56 died accidental deaths in the line of duty.
Of those 56, 32 were car crashes, two were ATV crashes, 20 were pedestrian cops being hit by civilian drivers, and 4 were drownings.
Of the 32 deaths from car cashes, only 7 were known to have been wearing their seatbelt.
Of the 56 accidental deaths, 26 were in the South.

So basically the entire police scare about them being targets and under attack was the result of a bunch of Barney Fifes in America's armpit not wearing their seatbelt or provoking people into shooting them.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Jul 19, 2022

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
e: oh nvm I'm silly!!!

Meme Poker Party fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Jul 19, 2022

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

61 getting got by guns still sounds pretty high.

EDIT - Actually that's probably lower than the number of civilians killed in mass shootings per year at this point...

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

mobby_6kl posted:

Oh god canadian chuds are just as bad as regular chuds

Nah they're worse, because they support all that poo poo without even being able to vote on or benefit from it. It's literally just tribal mentality

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

edit: god damnit

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Meme Poker Party posted:

e: oh nvm I'm silly!!!

I’m reading it as some of the categories cross over

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

https://twitter.com/ReallyAmerican1/status/1549135553240748033
This is surprising to absolutely no one, but still. Fuckin' :decorum:

https://twitter.com/nancypjohnson/status/1549062000373895170
But "MASKS ARE TRAUMATIC", right?

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

pro starcraft loser posted:

61 getting got by guns still sounds pretty high.

EDIT - Actually that's probably lower than the number of civilians killed in mass shootings per year at this point...

The 61 police officers killed by firearms in 2021 in fact make up a whopping 0.29% of all gun homicide in the US during 2021

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

deep dish peat moss posted:

The 61 police officers killed by firearms in 2021 in fact make up a whopping 0.29% of all gun homicide in the US during 2021

Well they do say the thin blue line, and I would consider less than .3% as pretty thin.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

lmao, to add to this:

In 2020 there were 696,644 active-duty law enforcement officers in the US.

This means that a police officer has an approximately 0.000087% chance of being the victim of a firearms-related homicide in a given year.
Compared to the general population with a 0.000063% chance.

What a shockingly dangerous job.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Gonna be honest, I'm kind of surprised they lose more to gunfire than to car accidents. Driving emergent is unsurprisingly even more dangerous than the already pretty lethal driving normally.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

FBI released their reports 2021 statistics on Law Enforcement Officers killed in the line of duty back in may, I just saw it:
https://www.fbi.gov/news/press-releases/press-releases/fbi-releases-2021-statistics-on-law-enforcement-officers-killed-in-the-line-of-duty

Key takeways:
73 were killed in the line of duty.
Of those 73, one was responding to an active shooter
Of those 73, 25 were not actively involved in any policing at the time
Of those 73, 61 were killed by firearms. Four were killed by karate masters with their hands and feet registered as lethal weapons.
Of those 73, 43 were in the South.

Separate from those 73, 56 died accidental deaths in the line of duty.
Of those 56, 32 were car crashes, two were ATV crashes, 20 were pedestrian cops being hit by civilian drivers, and 4 were drownings.
Of the 32 deaths from car cashes, only 7 were known to have been wearing their seatbelt.
Of the 56 accidental deaths, 26 were in the South.

So basically the entire police scare about them being targets and under attack was the result of a bunch of Barney Fifes in America's armpit not wearing their seatbelt or provoking people into shooting them.

How many died due to Rona

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

More like "thicc blue line", 90% of the cops in the Uvalde footage are fat as hell.

Is that pretty common for police forces, or is it all that delicious Southern fried food?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Read After Burning posted:

More like "thicc blue line", 90% of the cops in the Uvalde footage are fat as hell.

Is that pretty common for police forces, or is it all that delicious Southern fried food?

It would be more greasy Tex-mex in that area of the state. Lots of cheese, beans and lard.