Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

mrmcd posted:

Just got my first billion. What should I spend it on? I'm still grinding out unlocking WC and some (I think) of corn jail. L6 Macaw? The 1B farm row?

Storehouse, then macaw, then farm, then frog (if you need leaves and feathers, then GD is the typical recommendation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo

mrmcd posted:

Just got my first billion. What should I spend it on? I'm still grinding out unlocking WC and some (I think) of corn jail. L6 Macaw? The 1B farm row?

+Storage. It adds up very quickly

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Personal requests shouldnt be done before 4x99 i think.

Im being requested roughly the same amount of stuff but receive 50-100 million silver

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Large Testicles posted:

i might have just gotten the worst peach trade possible

the trade would have to be completely flipped around for me to do it

I see your lovely help request and I raise you 250 antlers

Unponderable
Feb 16, 2007

Good enough.
If I need glass bottles, which zone is the most optimal to explore for them? I'm assuming Ember Lagoon but I haven't done the math.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Unponderable posted:

If I need glass bottles, which zone is the most optimal to explore for them? I'm assuming Ember Lagoon but I haven't done the math.

Ember I would think as it drops orbs then all you need is stone.

dolphinbomb
Apr 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

monkeytennis posted:

Ember I would think as it drops orbs then all you need is stone.

Ember also gives you Emberstone, which can be crafted with Sandstone into Unpolished Shimmer Stone, which is crafted into Shimmer Stone, which is crafted into Glass Orbs.

So yeah, Ember Lagoon is probably your best bet.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Ember also drops the stone. I've actually been doing cane pole lately, since it drops shimmer stones and stone, as well as mushrooms and wood (and tea leaves which I suddenly need a ton of for quests).

I'm currently at a point where my raptors are outpacing my inventory growth for antlers, and with the hayfield cranked way up I need tons of wood for straw (I did upgrade the sawmill but that only gives logs once per hour). Even with a full inventory of straw every half hour I'm still not using all my antlers in a day.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

I do not believe there is any such thing as 'Runestone 20'.

I have been taken for an absolute fool.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Unkempt posted:

I do not believe there is any such thing as 'Runestone 20'.

I have been taken for an absolute fool.

:agreed:

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

gecko jail sucks worse than corn jail

at least with corn i could rotate crops every hour or w/e, with geckos i'm either wasting exploring energy or just waiting until tomorrow to throw another 10 crab claws at the problem & hope for frogless%

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
How many geckos do you end up needing? I've been planning ahead and I've got 75 right now and I feel real proud of that number.

I'm gonna cry, I bet.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

you'll need 100 for ATI, and it'll give you that many back once you climb a few levels in the tower

don't spend 60 on strange companions until you do that, it's a trap

honestly the spiked shells/seaweed/water lilies were worse because each large net I threw in was like 8m silver down the drain

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Kaboobi posted:

you'll need 100 for ATI, and it'll give you that many back once you climb a few levels in the tower

honestly the spiked shells/seaweed/water lilies were worse because each large net I threw in was like 8m silver down the drain
gently caress

tbf i'm stuck 500 herbs short for ATI II so it kinda balances out? that's what i'm going to tell myself

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Kaboobi posted:

For the record, I threw 1000 mealworms at Emerald Beach and didn't get a single Spiked Shell, so their drop rate is worse than Golden Fliers.

I held out hope that a day or 2 of manual fishing could get me around wasting large nets, but it's the only way short of winning the PHR lottery.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

yeah once you have the geckos/sea dragons you need immediately pivot to dumping salt into the wells for spiked shells because the rate on those is brutal

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Kaboobi posted:

yeah once you have the geckos/sea dragons you need immediately pivot to dumping salt into the wells for spiked shells because the rate on those is brutal

So keep at least 600 salt around and dump the rest into the well, 50% a toss is better than the fishing drops, I need to upgrade my well to 9 tosses

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
Day 36 update: Reached 4x99 and moved past ATI's honey jail. Feels good.

Rogue AI Goddess fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Jul 20, 2022

HelloNewman
Aug 8, 2007

When you control the mail, you control information!

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

How do you even get enough stamina to hit 99 exploring in 36 days?

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

Saw you post about that in Giveaways earlier; I’m still waiting on Honey to get there myself :(

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

HelloNewman posted:

How do you even get enough stamina to hit 99 exploring in 36 days?
Luck, kindness of strangers, and lots of clicking.

Also perk sets from Patreon so that I could have otherwise suboptimal +xp perks.

Rogue AI Goddess fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Jul 20, 2022

HelloNewman
Aug 8, 2007

When you control the mail, you control information!

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

Also perk sets from Patreon so that I could have otherwise suboptimal +xp perks.

That’s impressive. Nicely done!

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

Nice following your progress. I‘ve not seen you in help chat in a while and wondered if you were on vacation or something.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

koshmar posted:

I see your lovely help request and I raise you 250 antlers

I’ve got two today that are absolutely awful.

Oranges and Glass for Leather

Oranges and Broccoli for…. Cucumbers and Pearls

I would do the reverse of these trades without a second thought.

My 3rd PHR was solid though

The problem of course is that is two peach juices drank today out of a very small supply. It really needs to cost half or less the number of peaches to craft one at this point.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

I got runestone 11 and 20 within like two hours of each other after days of complaining!

Time to grind out the rest of Corn Jail then

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Greetings Earthling! Do you have any Zoom Boots?
God help you, corn jail friend. It took me nearly 6k corn to get my first rune. After that, it was smooth sailing though!

dolphinbomb
Apr 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Vasler posted:

God help you, corn jail friend. It took me nearly 6k corn to get my first rune. After that, it was smooth sailing though!

What's up corn rune buddy. I was a little luckier and got it after ~4500 corn, but the next quest needs runestone 16 so I'm back to planting hops :sigh:

At least these grow considerably quicker, and even if my luck is atrocious I know I'll get a runestone from the 99 bottles quests eventually.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

dolphinbomb posted:

What's up corn rune buddy. I was a little luckier and got it after ~4500 corn, but the next quest needs runestone 16 so I'm back to planting hops :sigh:

At least these grow considerably quicker, and even if my luck is atrocious I know I'll get a runestone from the 99 bottles quests eventually.

99 Bottles LXXX rewards Runestone 16, I hope you get it before then.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

koshmar posted:

99 Bottles LXXX rewards Runestone 16, I hope you get it before then.

i need my second RS16 and am at 99 Bottles LXXV so, noice

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Vasler posted:

Oh god.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

Nearly a week with no updates, is the dev on vacation?

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

rafikki posted:

Nearly a week with no updates, is the dev on vacation?

Actually he is, they've mentioned it in global a few times.

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe
Runes are a bit of a 'watched clock' syndrome. Same with raptor eggs. As soon as you get past the desparate need for one they start dropping pretty regularly.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

Tahirovic posted:

Nice following your progress. I‘ve not seen you in help chat in a while and wondered if you were on vacation or something.
I've moved on to Giveaway and found my people there.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

koshmar posted:

Actually he is, they've mentioned it in global a few times.

Did he say for how long? I wasn't around for when he said that

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

he's gone until he farms 8,000 corn in real life

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Umbreon posted:

Did he say for how long? I wasn't around for when he said that

No mention of how long,

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Ghostlight posted:

he's gone until he farms 8,000 corn in real life

Corn is easy. It is probably the honey challenge.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Does the flour mill do anything other than give a earnings boost to farm time once you're out of corn jail and don't have any particular crop goals?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

mrmcd posted:

Does the flour mill do anything other than give a earnings boost to farm time once you're out of corn jail and don't have any particular crop goals?

Certain quests will need Flour, but otherwise, yes. But once you get to that point, you’ll probably want to be farming Mushrooms full time. Cooking is a feature that has been out on the development roadmap for some time, presumably Flour will have a lot more uses once that finally gets implemented.