Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
I'll watch it now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

111 during the day, finally get the first monsoon thunderstorm and it's 76 outside.

Hopefully this reads well for the rest of the week.

Fri 15 | Day
110°
15%
SW 8 mph
Partly cloudy. A stray shower or thunderstorm is possible. High around 110F. Winds SW at 5 to 10 mph.

Sat 16 | Day
112°
15%
SW 14 mph
Sunshine and some clouds. A stray shower or thunderstorm is possible. High 112F. S winds shifting to W at 10 to 20 mph.

Sun 17 | Day
112°
15%
SW 11 mph
Generally sunny. A stray shower or thunderstorm is possible. High 112F. Winds SW at 10 to 15 mph.

Or not. 7+ degrees above normal, global warming is a myth. Please excuse me while I fight my neighbors over diminishing water rights as chronicled in the Water Knife.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Eventually being stabbed to death with an icicle will be the calling card of the wealthiest assassin patrons.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Looks like another hot one!
https://twitter.com/itvlondon/status/1549059258246987777?s=20&t=29SCbdfmLguh0wb3dPNBMQ
https://twitter.com/AFP/status/1549114524724248577?s=20&t=29SCbdfmLguh0wb3dPNBMQ

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i heard that Luton is like the La Guardia of the UK

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Heat wave kills more than 1,100 people in Spain and Portugal

quote:

Driving the news: The ongoing heat wave could last a total of several weeks and has been accompanied by wildfires in France, Spain and Portugal, forcing thousands of people to flee their homes.

Severe heat waves are of particular concern in Europe as they can often prove extremely deadly due to air conditioning being less ubiquitous than in the U.S.
A complete death toll likely will not be available for weeks or more due to the difficulty in counting excess deaths in a heat event.

The big picture: According to Spain's Carlos III Institute there were 510 heat-related deaths in the country from July 10 to July 16.

Portugal's Health Ministry announced late Saturday that there had been 659 heat-related deaths over the past week, primarily among the elderly, according to Reuters.
The heat wave has now moved north into France and the U.K., where the temperatures are poised to break all-time national high-temperature records, creating life-threatening conditions for thousands of people.

That's just insane. All of that within the last week or so. :smith:

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
mother fucker its so hot I can't even focus on work.

I got nothing today because I'm just trying to not die in my 30/87 degree room

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
109 today. Cool

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Just kidding it’s not cool it’s HOT and also will it never end. It’s been 100+ for almost 2 months we have our limits

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

It hit 37c/100f yesterday here and will top that today. Aircon basically doesnt exist here, and I ned to spend a good 10 hours in a small room writing code to get a new job.

Pray for ya boy.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Not even 8am and we’re at 82% humidity and 78F

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
82F with a 'feels like' of 91 at 8am here in Tampa Bay - but that isn't unusual for mid-july.

mudskipp
Jan 1, 2018

stop making sense

Spuckuk posted:

It hit 37c/100f yesterday here and will top that today. Aircon basically doesnt exist here, and I ned to spend a good 10 hours in a small room writing code to get a new job.

Pray for ya boy.

Just pretend it's like that scene in swordfish except it's the sun instead of a nice lady

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

welcome to hell world

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

top of the coupe fully off

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

How. About. That. Dang. Heat. Itellyuhwhat.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

so hot making me think about installing an AC circuit in my car

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
The heat wave has caused other wierd things to happen. We always had to deal with midges in the summer. Those are tiny (grain of sand size) insects that bite. They're not dangerous, just an annoyance. Now we have an infestation of flying ants. Again, not dangerous but an even bigger nuisance.

I'm out in the country and nobody has their windows or doors open, the house will get infested. I went outside to try and cool down. I pulled a flying ant out of my ear and had to spit two of them out, I think I might have swallowed one.

There's more. Last night I seen a spider that must have been the size of a field mouse. At least they won't be going hungry, like global warming could do to the rest of us.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
ooof she's gonna be hotter than the core of the sun out there today

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
How about that barometric pressure out there?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

The High Desert is definitely feeling higher in temperature than elevation these days

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
What a weather out there!

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

I walked 5k this morning to avoid the heat, but then just walked to get a sandwich and I'm drenched already

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

top of the coupe fully off

Same, but pants.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I have a skintight underarmour thing, if I wear that in my hot office will it make it feel cooler? I feel cooler when I wear it but that might be the loss of circulation? poo poo is tight.

I have 2. One is full sleeve and just has some sports clothing branding on it, the other is short sleeved and has the batman logo on it. Sometimes I've worn it under buttoned shirts and you can see that I am batman when I'm on the bus or grocery shopping. I am batman.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
UK/Europe goons here, who actually has central AC? Anyone at all?

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Another scorcher!

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

thanks biden!!!

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

sounds like you're so hot that you're twisting like a stir fry

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

hit the gas and i'm gone...

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

no... this is obamas doing.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Kaddish posted:

I don't know about the European mainland but in the UK/Ireland? Almost nobody apart from supermarkets and butchers. Possibly places of worship might have them too.

If this keeps up we might have to do what they do in the far east, either weather like a sauna outside or a meat locker indoors.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Valko posted:

I don't know about the European mainland but in the UK/Ireland? Almost nobody apart from supermarkets and butchers. Possibly places of worship might have them too.

If this keeps up we might have to do what they do in the far east, either weather like a sauna outside or a meat locker indoors.

I've been in hotels in both England and Ireland, as well as an Airbnb in London, and I think the only places that had AC were the hotels and not all of them.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
High of 77 today. Probably 80 in my neighborhood.

Cooler and breezy on the coast.

=]

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
88 and full sun right now but the humidity dropped to 50%. Still not ideal but what can you do?

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
Crossposting this from the UK politics thread in C-Spam.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
It’s perfect.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
I just watched a debate on RTE about beef farming and it's affect on the climate. I feel kind of guilty about having a steak for dinner because it was my birthday.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
What the cow/sheep ratio in Ireland though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

Kaddish posted:

I'm in Germany. No A/C of any kind. Just a fan.
I live on the top floor. You can feel it getting hotter as you climb the stairs.
Opening the window doesn't seem to help, and just lets in noise. I live right next to a church, so it rings loudly every 15 minutes. Also street noise. Plus bugs get in.
Sucks.
It's so hot... 90/32.