Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

A.o.D. posted:

Soak the tarmac. Use evaporative cooling.

It takes a crap load of water and you have to keep applying it. If you don't have the water supply and the trucks/sprayers for it it's basically impossible.

Instructions unclear.

Used paraffin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VH2HmFPBQYQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

gonna tell my kids that this is like a crash test dummy, but for sunblock

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Since PA is being referenced a bit, spot the NBA center in this Hora dance:

https://twitter.com/OddsShark/status/1548877393279864832?t=zrAQyXNDksuaPIqt7rmoKw&s=19

And yes, they put him in The Chair

https://twitter.com/CrossingBroad/status/1548808986677346305?t=9QXUndv01fL1GYzcr5WE9A&s=19

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Yes you are.

loving stupid as hell, but it's easier to smooth out and repair asphalt than concrete.

They should be able to run rollers over it like, literally right now to smooth it back out. Once the high has been hit for the day, send out the steamrollers so it's smooth when it cools down again at night.

Gonna be hotter tomorrow.

Notahippie
Feb 4, 2003

Kids, it's not cool to have Shane MacGowan teeth

Picture #2 looks like a Rob Liefeld drawing

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

McNally posted:

Hotter?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

McNally posted:

Yeah. I'm not envying that. It's 32°C up here in the valley today and my little AC is doing it's thing keeping my apartment 25°C.

Can't bitch about 20% humidity though.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
As long as we're playing miserable weather poker:

North Texas.

EDIT: Nearly everyone here has A/C though.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Ooof. Yeah, keep that poo poo near sea level and out of my alpine valley.

Memphis is pretty hot today too, shim's probably getting his sweat on just sitting still.

My apartment complex doesn't have AC at all. But we do have in floor hot water heat and 2x6 construction packed full of insulation. My winter utility bill is $30~.

My AC unit cost $12 to run last month. Worth it.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Lemniscate Blue posted:

As long as we're playing miserable weather poker:

North Texas.

EDIT: Nearly everyone here has A/C though.

You’re about maxed out on temperature, but I have faith that you can get more humidity.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
A few weeks ago I was out in Yuma, AZ for work. First day - Monday - was 106, temperature was higher every day. Friday hit 117. Man, that was tough.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Platystemon posted:

You’re about maxed out on temperature, but I have faith that you can get more humidity.

Don't you put that evil on me, Ricky Bobby!

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I love Joel Embiid so so much.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Is this the week the Texas power grid fails?

I'm trying to convince my cousin to leave Austin and come here, to the land of sand and mule deer.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Terrifying Effigies posted:

Oh hey I didn't know Musk was a relative of Ted Cruz.

The family resemblance is striking.

Do not slander the Blobfish like that, thats only what they look like after been pried up to normal atmosphere from the very depths of the abyssal zone.

They explode :(

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
This is what that type of fish looks like at its natural depth:

Note that these are pictures of the same fish from different angles.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Marshal Prolapse posted:

You know we have a lot of shitheads in Pennsylvania, but I do like my state.

facialimpediment posted:

I always like how Fetterman's photo just screams I WANT NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS SHIRT, THIS IS HOW MUCH I LOVE THIS STATE WHERE IS MY loving HOODIE energy

Kyle Kinane posted:

Somebody dusted you off for a court date.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Yuuuuup

Here in Edinburgh the temperature hit 87, tomorrow's aiming for 88. Then it's back down to 71 on Wednesday.

Thankfully my room doesn't have air condition, has two walls that get sun all day, and the window only opens literally three inches.

Further south, though, it's insane. London's high tomorrow is 102, up from 100 today.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

McNally posted:

and the window only opens literally three inches.

What the gently caress? Does fire code there not bother with paths of egress?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Probably good news for Finland/Sweden's bid for NATO membership regardless of the election.

https://twitter.com/AndrewDesiderio/status/1549169371905392640?t=9eweah3ZHjmalh1OynBSCw&s=19

I don't think the House is a voting party to any inclusion, as I think it's a treaty, but the House GOP is way more anti-NATO than the Senate.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

:( I thought we had something McNally

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rqZZgVxnCk

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

What the gently caress? Does fire code there not bother with paths of egress?

Not really wild about the idea of going out a fifth floor window.

If I have to I guess I can throw a chair at it.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
The prosecutor was all like these are some good charges and a good case

https://twitter.com/Mediaite/status/1549172376524296193?t=X4AazFcHX-xT7-NTIw1E1A&s=19

FOR ME TO POOP ON

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Good. Those charges were complete bullshit

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

McNally posted:

Not really wild about the idea of going out a fifth floor window.

If I have to I guess I can throw a chair at it.

Oh, well, yeah, that tracks then.

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

Is buttcoin effectively dead? Google tells me the exchange rate with Earth dollars has been holding steady since the last crash about a month ago.

Like, is there an easy measure of how much new money is entering the scheme?

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/nbc-7-investigates-san-diego-police-face-scrutiny-over-womans-murder/ar-AAZyqCv

COOL

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Lake of Methane posted:

Is buttcoin effectively dead? Google tells me the exchange rate with Earth dollars has been holding steady since the last crash about a month ago.

Like, is there an easy measure of how much new money is entering the scheme?

It's a ponzi scheme, op. The price will continue to drop as the bagholder supply runs dry and the exchanges run out of money. Don't become a bagholder.

There's resistance to keep number where it is, and when it slips below, set a new "floor" price. However, there's a lot of trickery afoot behind the scenes so stick to traditional investments or I-bonds right now since inflation is so loving high.

E: at this point, if you buy in when exchanges are failing, I'll sell you one of my crusty coins. No, it's not digital, it's a dirty nickel I dig out of my couch. Only $500, get in now before I stick it to one of Elon's rocketships to the moon.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Jul 19, 2022

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

I was already about to ask if you were going to call Sears when you followed up. You'll call now!

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
the answer to "is bitcoin crashing" is, unfortunately, not going to be "yes" until the price is actually at or near zero. frequent ups and downs are basically a feature from its high volatility. don't get your hopes up

that said all the exchanges taking a huge poo poo are hopefully helping

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Pine Cone Jones posted:

I loving hate Central PA and want to move back to NH or Maine soon now. Apparently a customer at my husbands work filed an official complaint because he had a satanic temple sticker on his car. And complained that he wasn't a straight Christian man.
Which makes me want to arm up and wait for one of these fudds to follow him home someday, but I'm probably being paranoid. Not really a current event, sorry.

To me this sounds like your ticket to an early retirement. Hire a civil rights lawyer and sue the employer and employee into oblivion.

re: Weather in Europe - Still get a kick out of europeans who insist this is a rare occurrence even though it happens every year. But God forbid we turn on the air conditioning in the busses for a few weeks.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
What’s nominative determinism, but ironic?

Rich Nephew named Coordinator on Global Anti-Corruption

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://twitter.com/davidgura/status/1545424566360702980

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

BUSINESSMAN: "Rich Nephew, this is a great resume, your interview was fantastic..."

UNDERCOVER OFFICER: "Thank you, thank you..."

BUSINESSMAN: "I just want to say congratulations and welcome to the team, Rich Nephew."

UNDERCOVER OFFIVER leans into his wrist and speaks, "book him boys, we got another one!"

OFFICER 2: Wow Rich, how do you always get those nepotists?

UNDERCOVER OFFICER slaps OFFICER 2 on the back and faces the camera.

UNDERCOVER OFFICER: With hard work and determination, you can always get your mark... as long as you know the right guy!

Freeze frame. Roll credits.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Garland had said that he will not be indicting anyone because of a Barr memo that they’re not creating any large indictments during a midterm that could impact the outcome. There is also DOJ policy to not investigate any candidate for federal office or their employees. :lol: just :lol:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I am today announcing my candidacy for federal office.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Body cam footage of Uvalde has dropped: https://www.fox7austin.com/news/video-uvalde-texas-school-shooting-body-cam-footage

I clicked through a few of them, I didn't see anything particularly gruesome, but exercise caution. I almost gave myself an aneurism watching what I did though. There is an amazing lack of initiative with those cops and some very questionable choices for "cover". (One dude was using a thin metal pole as "cover")

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!
https://twitter.com/wendow/status/1549086932826615808?t=DUXjFsygrEwLDq9UPl7v0A&s=19

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
https://twitter.com/SamRo/status/1549084792058150913

Actual hero (pizza guy of course) to offset the normal poo poo in here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Huh, London's got some pretty big fires