Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

it's a hell of a lot of content for something that costs less than many patreons though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!
It’s the same price as a subscription to a single Twitch.tv streamer, with a zillion times more benefit

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!
Oh it's a very high value "support the creators" type purchase, I just think if it wasn't for it directly supporting the creators I'd be a bit more stingy about what I'd be willing to pay (patreon and twitch are also fully in the "support creators" world)

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Originally I subscribed just because I wanted to see the old sketches all in one place instead of browsing through YouTube, especially after CH got shutdown and I couldn't be sure that they'd upload anything on YouTube anymore. That already felt like it was worth it, the yearly subscription is not expensive at all and even just for that, there are so many videos available. Then I got into some of the other series, breaking news is so much fun, total forgiveness was fun because lol ally getting drunk for work and now I almost watched everything dropout had to offer and am slowly catching up on all the d20 stuff.

For a price like that, supporting those chucklefucks while having access to all of this at once is basically a no brainer. Plus, I highly appreciate the fact that they decided to go this way instead of trying to shape everything around going for ad revenue instead. Gives you the feeling that they actually care and that is so rare these days.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
It's very honest in a way that makes me feel good.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

D20 is very good and if you are worried about time commitment try one of the miniseasons like Bloodkeep, Tiny Heist or Misfits & Magic

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

This last ep of coffin run is so chaotic. The whole bit with Izzy and the werewolf lady had me crying with laughter.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

:hmmyes:

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Big week for butts on Dropout between this and that recent dirty laundry.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

The World Inferno posted:

Big week for butts on Dropout between this and that recent dirty laundry.
It just goes on

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I'VE HEARD OF A CAT SCAN!

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Jacob Wysocki as a surfer dude was something I never knew I wanted to hear.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Update on the Mini situation, straight from the newsletter:

Probably Sam and the other chucklefucks posted:

It's finally happening - the Dimension 20: A Crown of Candy Miniatures Auction kicks off next Monday, July 18th! More information will be revealed when it launches, but here's what you'll need to know:

Launches on Monday, July 18th, at noon PT / 3pm ET
100 minis up for auction, broken up into 4 waves of approximately 25 each
Each wave lasts Monday through Friday
Auctions close on Fridays at noon PT / 3pm ET
US-shipping only (sorry!)
PCs, alternate PCs, major NPCs, and never-used NPCs will be included
Starting price for all items will be $50
1 mini not up for auction will be raffled off every week to a Dropout.tv subscriber signed up for email marketing
You can follow the auction on Twitter and Instagram for updates and more!

https://auction.dropout.tv/?utm_med...source=hs_email

US-only shipping is making me irrationally angry, I wanted to spend senseless amounts of money on this crap :argh:

edit: actually if any US goon here is interested in gettingin on this and assuming that not every single one of those goes to 5000 bucks per piece and you feel like getting multiple and then send one on international waters, those senseless amounts of money could be yours :heysexy:

Goons Are Gifts fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Jul 12, 2022

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

Honestly, purchasing one is of no interest to me. What would I do with it? Put it on the shelf and never play with it? That's not right! But it would be nice to have a bunch of lovely high definition pictures and videos of the minis, and behind the scenes making-of videos

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Coffin run finale is a lot of fun, and also feels possibly inspired by the vampire level in Conker's Bad Fur Day.

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!
A new ep of Um Actually was just released and it’s a banger

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

The World Inferno posted:

Coffin run finale is a lot of fun, and also feels possibly inspired by the vampire level in Conker's Bad Fur Day.

I have never played that, but every time there's a new release on the Switch's online SNES thing a little bit of me hopes it'll be Conker's Bad Fur Day because I've always thought it looked cool since I heard about it 15/20 years ago and just didn't have the system for it. It won't be, of course. There's really no way Nintendo will release that game, sadly. It's never been re-released on anything though.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Magitek posted:

A new ep of Um Actually was just released and it’s a banger

The hyper-competitive trio

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

The auction is live and the prices are insane. Lowest bids i'm seeing are 300. Jet Rocks, Kerradin and Liam are all over 2k.

https://auction.dropout.tv/collections/live

Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.
I've never really followed along any d&D campaigns before on youtube, but I started with the Fantasy High series from a few years ago and I'm really enjoying it with these people! I've liked Brennan's work with College Humour in general for years, and had no idea that he was DMing anything until I randomly ran across it a couple weeks ago -- Is this the best starting off point for these campaigns? How much more does a subscription to Dropout (I think it's called?) really unlock?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

For the tabletop gaming stuff, there's a table of seasons on Wikipedia. Fantasy High is certainly a good starting point, and Dropout'll give you a second season with those players and characters (sophomore year), as well as two other spin-off campaigns in that setting with different players/characters after that. Or if you prefer the original cast of players there's a bunch of other seasons with them playing other settings.

I think there are currently three seasons free on YouTube: Fantasy High season 1, Unsleeping City season 1 (same players as fantasy high, urban fantasy in New York), and Escape from the Bloodkeep (short mini-season with different players)

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Jul 18, 2022

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Burginator posted:

I've never really followed along any d&D campaigns before on youtube, but I started with the Fantasy High series from a few years ago and I'm really enjoying it with these people! I've liked Brennan's work with College Humour in general for years, and had no idea that he was DMing anything until I randomly ran across it a couple weeks ago -- Is this the best starting off point for these campaigns? How much more does a subscription to Dropout (I think it's called?) really unlock?

yeah it's the best way and a good builder, anything you can watch free is always going to be better. The cost of dropout gives you access to everything they've done, including audio only and behind the scenes adventuring parties for each one. You also get all the old college humor stuff, other shows they are doing now like um actually, make some noise, dirty laundry as well as a bunch of old shows that are also really good.

Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.
I fear I may have entered a rabbit hole from which I will never escape.

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!

Burginator posted:

I fear I may have entered a rabbit hole from which I will never escape.

Sophomore Year is even better. Good luck!

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

lemonadesweetheart posted:

The auction is live and the prices are insane. Lowest bids i'm seeing are 300. Jet Rocks, Kerradin and Liam are all over 2k.

https://auction.dropout.tv/collections/live

Next week is definitely the main event: https://auction.dropout.tv/products/sprinkle

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

fancy stats posted:

Next week is definitely the main event: https://auction.dropout.tv/products/sprinkle

That's easily going to go for a grand, which is still insane. Liam is up to 5 grand already.

I kind of want this one, https://auction.dropout.tv/products/princess, but I can't justify that kind of cash.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
There's a new season announcement for D20 tomorrow morning. The only hints they've given is that nobody will see it coming and that it's not an "intrepid heroes" season, which is to say, not the original six cast members.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
:pray: Come on Pirates of Leviathan season 2 :pray:

Jaxts
Apr 29, 2008
Nobody will see it coming because it's too small, Tiny Heist 2.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Where was the announcement announced?

Jaxts
Apr 29, 2008
It was on this week's schedule posted on the dropout discord.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Someone put in a bid for 10k on Liam. This auction is loving insane. I have to believe they didn't know the pieces would go for so much. I saw a few tik toks from people sad they wouldn't even get a chance at any of these because of the prices and I completely sympathize with them.

[edit] The bid now shows 5.5k but it was definitely 10k, i guess they have some way to stop people loving around.

lemonadesweetheart fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Jul 20, 2022

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Stolen from discord

Only registered members can see post attachments!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Everyone shut up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFyHiykk2U4

new D20 trailer, poo poo looks amazing.

"Nothing can be more this season than us clapping for a gift we don't understand."

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Yeah of the players I only know Brennan Lou and Emily but that's already enough to guarantee mayhem. I cannot wait for the inevitable point where all three are trying to one up each other.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

MikeJF posted:

Yeah of the players I only know Brennan Lou and Emily but that's already enough to guarantee mayhem. I cannot wait for the inevitable point where all three are trying to one up each other.

I've seen other plays of this system, and every time it's just hilarious fun. I know Rude Tales did it and it just got ridiculous, so this has got to be a fun one.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

seaborgium posted:

I've seen other plays of this system, and every time it's just hilarious fun. I know Rude Tales did it and it just got ridiculous, so this has got to be a fun one.

I guess I missed this during the announcement, so for anyone else who also missed it:

They're playing a TTRPG called The Good Society, based on the kind of hoity-toity hijinx found in Jane Austen novels. Those who have listened to the Dungeons and Daddies stretch campaign spinoff Sons and Sonsabilities will be familiar (also everyone do whatever you can to go listen to that if you haven't already, it's insane and insanely funny)

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

sexpig by night posted:

Everyone shut up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFyHiykk2U4

new D20 trailer, poo poo looks amazing.

"Nothing can be more this season than us clapping for a gift we don't understand."

i love aabria and i love the people from the cast that i recognize, this is gonna own

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

timp posted:

I guess I missed this during the announcement, so for anyone else who also missed it:

They're playing a TTRPG called The Good Society, based on the kind of hoity-toity hijinx found in Jane Austen novels. Those who have listened to the Dungeons and Daddies stretch campaign spinoff Sons and Sonsabilities will be familiar (also everyone do whatever you can to go listen to that if you haven't already, it's insane and insanely funny)

oh gently caress I missed that, now I'm even more hype. The Good Society owns and I love how it's 100% viable to either be a 100% straight laced 'we're doing Jane Austin, the role playing game' or, well *gestures at what Dungeons and Daddies did that involved seducing and betraying a chef named Wario and time travel*

So this is a perfect system for D20 poo poo, just enough roleplay encouragement to go 'hey, you guys should actually interact and do things in character' while not punishing you for Pulling An Emily and just going buck wild mid session with a harebrained idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

goddammit that new d20 will be amazing, such a powerful constellation of characters