Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

tank doom is so fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorJones
Apr 28, 2003

Fortune and Glory.

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

I've mainly been playing Moira since the changes just to try and overwrite the muscle-memory of her old cooldowns, and try and get better at aiming with Necrotic Orb. I keep thinking it has a larger splash than it does.

all of her cooldowns seem way too long now. it could just be i haven't adjusted playstyles, but she feels like a different hero. she definitely feels like a support now as opposed to a dps as i always played her.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

There's a lot of tank to tank voicelines, it's sort of weird. I guess it's for Classic/no limits

There's also some lines that involve 3 dps

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

https://twitter.com/poko/status/1548889491766620160

DoctorJones
Apr 28, 2003

Fortune and Glory.
overwatch league is still a thing?

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010

DoctorJones posted:

overwatch league is still a thing?

Depends. Does it exist? Yes.

Is it a thing? Lolno.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
All 12 people watch it

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

It's still pretty fun to watch.

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.
Wait, that's for the OW League? I thought it was some setup for a streamer invitational or something, holy crap. Some real Extra hour in the ball pit vibes out of that room.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Pretty cool that Hanzo's bow STILL blocks incoming projectiles when drawn.
Just outstanding.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

mcbexx posted:

Just outstanding.

it huh

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

mcbexx posted:

Just outstanding.

lol they were going to fix that like 5 years ago

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

mcbexx posted:

Just outstanding.

Hanzo's bow does what

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Macaluso posted:

Hanzo's bow does what

It's my pet peeve.
Have you never noticed how Hanzo can be pretty resilient for a 200 HP character?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPG-_IsS7cM

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 10:59 on Jul 19, 2022

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Lmao, I forgot about that.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
I've been playing since 2016 and this is my first time hearing this

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

degenerate hanzo players have been hiding this one

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

mcbexx posted:

It's my pet peeve.
Have you never noticed how Hanzo can be pretty resilient for a 200 HP character?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPG-_IsS7cM

wtf

DoctorJones
Apr 28, 2003

Fortune and Glory.
speaking of wtf, is ow2 beta over?

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Ended this morning. No dates or details yet for a third beta phase, just a rumor and three months until target release.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
there's no overwatch 2 beta because overwatch 1 is becoming overwatch 2. really makes you think.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
people (probably, or maybe just possibly) paid 40 dollars to play that beta for like a week lol

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
If you ponied up the moolah, you got the full three weeks and something like enough premium currency for three battle passes. I honestly thought they'd give one week early to the people with smoldering credit cards, and then open the flood gates for the remaining two weeks so they could get useful match data. Instead they tested the monetary model and how much FOMO would cause people to buy the funny money.

DoctorJones
Apr 28, 2003

Fortune and Glory.
activision. amirite?

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

beta ends, overwatch thread once again deader than the anthem thread

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

It is weird playing a multiplayer game that is not going to exist in a couple months. I don't recommend it.

AndNowMax
Sep 25, 2009

Fighting the fight for *mumble* *mumble*
going back to OW1 and I really miss pinging

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

grieving for Gandalf posted:

degenerate hanzo players have been hiding this one

It is a bit harder to pull off in game, at least.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

dogstile posted:

It is a bit harder to pull off in game, at least.

It's very noticable if you play Reaper or Roadhog, since it will usually block a couple of pellets per shot.

This is a clip from back in 2017 (when Reaper kills still spawned health globes lol).
I would have to look it up, but I think a full bodyshot should do about 120 HP damage at close range. It took 5 pretty good hits to kill that Hanzo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWhV7WwCGMQ&t=11s

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
That first one should have done full damage regardless, because he wasn't actually drawing the bow there, he'd already fired and the bug only happens if its drawn, iirc.

So less noticeable for hog, he usually gets his combo off before hanzo gets his movement back.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Welp, this is where we are at with ow1, folks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5vRlbGlFto

It's probably where we were at like 2 years ago tbh.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

if you click past season top 500 dps leaderboards and assume the missing spots are because they were banned by automated cheat detection, the situation has been dire for years

it's like 10-20% banned every season of those that were able to do enough games with a leveled enough account to place at the end of the season

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

also that's the state of every fps game right now afaik except maybe like valorant or games no one plays like bf2042

client-side cheat detection might just be an impossible problem to solve and your best hope is valve's attempt for server-side cheat detection pans out

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

i will say the one thing overwatch does better than basically all other popular fps games right now except counter-strike is it has a replay system

most cheaters are absolutely terrible at hiding that they are cheating or don't care to hide it and their gameplay falls apart immediately upon scrutiny in a replay

for example, the only reason the #2 guy on cod: vanguard was caught blatantly walling was because he streamed himself cheating and his cheating or streaming software glitched
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AhBBZn9bjs

if the game had a replay system, his gameplay probably falls apart as fast as it does in that ow youtube video

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

I would never cheat in any game, even single player. That said, I bet you could learn a lot of game sense from having wall hacks while ranking up. If you use it to learn what people do rather than use it as a crutch, you could get a sense for how to play.

Of course replays are the correct way to do this, but who has time for that?

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.

headcase posted:

I would never cheat in any game, even single player. That said, I bet you could learn a lot of game sense from having wall hacks while ranking up. If you use it to learn what people do rather than use it as a crutch, you could get a sense for how to play.

Of course replays are the correct way to do this, but who has time for that?

If the game has any sort of grind, I'll cheat the heck out of single player and I'll abuse every glitch in the world that won't get me banned from multiplayer. I'm playing these games to have fun, not have a second job.

However, the entire point of competitive multiplayer is to compare your skills to other people, why cheat just to end up playing with other cheaters?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

pointlessone posted:

However, the entire point of competitive multiplayer is to compare your skills to other people, why cheat just to end up playing with other cheaters?
The reason most people play games is to win and feel good. Popular PvP games give you extra ways to feel good without winning (loot, leveling).

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Why is Valorant better? The game itself? The player base? The devs/admins?

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Jack B Nimble posted:

Why is Valorant better? The game itself? The player base? The devs/admins?

They tend to patch quicker, IIRC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Valorant just has better anti-cheat for whatever reason. Riot is a smarter company and they're willing to actually have dedicated teams for things blizzard assigns to an intern.