Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

rouge means red in french

Buschmaki posted:

Every single person who works at Teiai is just the dumbest motherfucker imaginable

These guys in particular are debtors so they're even dumber than the Teiai people.

Also, I re-read all of the One Poker arc, and there were a couple ties, back to back. But yeah the rules in this case were as predicted; priority (and card dealing order) didn't change. Going back, I was really impressed by Kaiji's deductive reasoning skills to find that Kazuya cheated. When I read it back, I thought it would tie into the 2nd time he had played two aces in a row, but Kaiji seems to think that was legit. I'm sure the goon would have mentioned that Kazuya had cheated if he did it back then as well. Also, with there only being 3 aces in that tray, it makes me think it was legit as well. Kazuya would have had no reason to open the 3-hole tray just to replace his aces in the upper tray. Plus, with how awkward his first use of the cheat ace was, realizing that he had to swap the cards out, it also makes me think that was the first time he used it that game.

dipwood fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Jul 19, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

goblin week posted:

Maybe Mario passes really well and Fukumoto’s art can’t really show it

he's wearing the same loving mask!!

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Btw. There were some new kurosawas translated in June. Also what was the name of the fukumoto manga with the girl protagonist? I wanted to see if more had been released.

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm

No Wave posted:

Btw. There were some new kurosawas translated in June. Also what was the name of the fukumoto manga with the girl protagonist? I wanted to see if more had been released.

Yamima no Mamiya. Last translations were two months ago.

These Teiai goons are amazingly bad at not realizing Kaiji and Mario are masters of disguise

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

yeah actually they will posted:

he's wearing the same loving mask!!

hm? someone say something?

must've been the wind...

PirateZim
Apr 24, 2005

Can't wait for Chang to get into a dicey situation and have to employ a disguise

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

dipwood posted:

These guys in particular are debtors so they're even dumber than the Teiai people.

No these guys right now are Black Suits in plainclothes. The only debtor (And a former one at that) that was involved here was the Mario's old roommate who sold him out upon seeing him. Funny enough he wanted to help catch him, but the guys told him to leave it to the pros.

Also there was another new chapter.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Jul 19, 2022

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

MonsterEnvy posted:

No these guys right now are Black Suits in plainclothes. The only debtor (And a former one at that) that was involved here was the Mario's old roommate who sold him out upon seeing him. Funny enough he wanted to help catch him, but the guys told him to leave it to the pros.

Also there was another new chapter.

Oh gotcha. I guess I got them mixed up for the 'army of debtors' they tapped to call the tip hotlines.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Endou should promise hell take them bowling if they find Mario. Black suits love bowling!

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Another new chapter, the climax is here.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

lfmao Marilyn

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm
Feeling like there's one detail that might give Mario away, he hasn't changed his sneakers

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

Where Mario lacks in planning and intuition like the other two, he makes up for it with his quick wit and how quickly he acts on it, like when he stole a purse when the cops started to pursue them.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
I know that this isn't the intended reading but boy do I relate to the feeling of being Talked About in public and suddenly thinking lovely things about yourself

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

lmfao

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

after seeing what they are going to use funaki for I really want kurosawa to kick the asses of all the akido guys

Ringo Roadagain fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Jul 28, 2022

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

This is tangentially Kaiji related, but if you were designing an AI opponent for a One Poker game, what sort of strategies would you have it employ?

I have a small implementation of the game in Unity I'm going to share soon, and it's hard to think what Easy, Medium, Hard AIs would do.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Looks like Akagi was reincarnated as a golden retriever after ten

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CgytwMBobXl/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

dipwood posted:

This is tangentially Kaiji related, but if you were designing an AI opponent for a One Poker game, what sort of strategies would you have it employ?

I have a small implementation of the game in Unity I'm going to share soon, and it's hard to think what Easy, Medium, Hard AIs would do.

I'm not sure if One Poker is a super compelling game if you aren't putting your life on the line.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

the famous endou scope

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Honestly it's hilarious that after Endou spent this arc complaining about his goons being incompetent, he just lets Mario walk past him.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

MonsterEnvy posted:

Honestly it's hilarious that after Endou spent this arc complaining about his goons being incompetent, he just lets Mario walk past him.

Mario legit is a loving badass for going past him without freaking out

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Reading the new chapter of HERO. Why did he bring the sledgehammer on the helicopter, to a mahjong game

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
I love Hiro (obviously) but everything I hear about HERO just makes it sound really… dumb.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

Pewdiepie posted:

I'm not sure if One Poker is a super compelling game if you aren't putting your life on the line.

While I'm gonna have a stand-alone web version for mucking about it, the intent is to port it into an RPG as a mini-game where the characters put their lives on the line. The rules of One Poker are simple enough, it's sort of like a more complicated version of War, where the 2 (or the 6 if you cut out the low cards) beats the Ace, 2 cards instead of 1, and a betting aspect.

As for Mario... it definitely looks like he got lucky, but his ability to keep his cool even when consumed by fear, and not giving any tells about it, is amazing. Mario would actually make a great gambler, even if he doesn't have the long-term planning ability of the other two. He has a hidden gift like Kaiji, and I think it would come out more if he was more confident.

Also whoever called his sneakers giving him away was spot on.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Looking forward to whatever upcoming big brain/dumb luck maneuver Kaiji had in play the entire time to completely bamboozle them

Or the upcoming labor prison/death game arc when they get caught here

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

I made the thing: https://dipwood.itch.io/one-poker

Nothing much to say about it, but now there's an implementation of One Poker on the internet. I can import this as a mini-game into future games for some proper games of death.

Posting this here because it's Kaiji-related, lemme know if it's not allowed.

dipwood fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Sep 6, 2022

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012
Speaking of which, I found an implementation of One Poker in an Ace Attorney Fancase Maker, of all things. It even has an AI to play against!

Located here if you want to try it (https://aaonline.fr/forum/viewtopic.php?p=779463)

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

wrong thread

Ringo Roadagain fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Sep 14, 2022

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Couple new Kaiji chapters are up. I bet this guy is following the wrong taxi

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Well... it always could have been the wrong taxi given that Endou only saw two digits.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
My bet is that it's the right taxi, but the guys aren't in there

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Two new chapters of the Adventures of Endou and Chusuke.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
There no way they're in that fuckin cab lmao

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

CodfishCartographer posted:

There no way they're in that fuckin cab lmao

Oh for sure.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

Endou going near catatonic from the sheer stupidity was great.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

dipwood posted:

Endou going near catatonic from the sheer stupidity was great.

While his other subordinates think this is partially his fault do cause he's giving the guy terrible instructions while scaring him.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
Yeah the current situation they're in is 100% on Endou.
When it becomes clear he's following the wrong taxi because Endou only saw the first two numbers and the rest are different, that, too, will be 100% on Endou.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
In any case Chusuke is hosed. hosed!