Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

I really hope they put Festus somewhere within the Empire. Have him make things hell for Franz by spreading plagues all over the place. poo poo, put him in Mordheim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

I don't get this "cut back" on Azazel, his model is pretty clearly being faithful to the original mini, and frankly he looks like he's having a great old time.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
In case anyone was wondering about the variation in stats for mortal god units, these are the modifiers each "mark" trait applies in the current beta, taken from Turin's discord:

quote:

Nurgle:
- 5 speed
- 5 MA
+ 5 MD
+ ~900 HP (I think, at least for the Spawn)
+ Poison attacks

Slaanesh:
+ 5 speed
+ Strider
+ Physical resistance
+ Immune to psychology

Khorne:
- 5 MD
+ Magical resistance
+ Frenzy
+ Flaming attacks (not sure about this one, might be just Spawn, might be the new build)

Tzeentch:
+ Barrier
+ Magical attacks

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Azazel as head of a WoC faction seems pretty unique, but if you play him as head of a Slaanesh demon faction, he basically has the same kind of bonuses as N’kari. Bonuses to diplomacy, seduction cost reduction, and beguiling auras. The difference would be that Azazel can fly while N’kari is more focused on shredding single targets, maybe?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Azazel is probably not as strong as N'kari in killiness.

AtomikKrab posted:

I don't get this "cut back" on Azazel, his model is pretty clearly being faithful to the original mini, and frankly he looks like he's having a great old time.
Yeah I think he looks great.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

MonsterEnvy posted:

Azazel is probably not as strong as N'kari in killiness.

I think thats for the best, the named greater daemons shouldnt be eclipsed by even named chaos warriors in their particular flavor of combat ability. Festus shouldn't be as hard to Kill as Ku'Gath, Villitch shouldn't out cast Kairos and even Valkia shouldn't out kill Skarbrand.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
I’m actually a little concerned about how they will make Festus not just a worse Ku’gath, since he’s just a slow dude with a little friend who does Nurgle magic and potions. Probably just way more healing.

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

Ralepozozaxe posted:

I’m actually a little concerned about how they will make Festus not just a worse Ku’gath, since he’s just a slow dude with a little friend who does Nurgle magic and potions. Probably just way more healing.

Being faster, but less tanky probably. Missing the artillery, but both have access to Lore of Nurgle. Ku'Gath is slow as balls

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Azazel’s vassals spreading corruption and getting a combat buff seems like a cool touch that’ll make him stand out in campaign.

Savy Saracen salad
Oct 15, 2013
Did CA hire Radious as the dev lead? Sounds like it tbh

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Kaza42 posted:

Being faster, but less tanky probably. Missing the artillery, but both have access to Lore of Nurgle. Ku'Gath is slow as balls

Festus is a portly old man, so he will probably be slow to. Doesn’t have mount options, but maybe CA will give him something to spice him up.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Lucinice posted:

We already had all the lords leaked. The rest are Valkia, Festus, and Villitch.

oh hell yeah im pumped for those, this is a killer roster

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I mean there's also the fact that they're for different factions. While the various monogods will get the relevant units, I don't think there was anything saying they'd get the LLs as well.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
What would you say is the mechanical difference between a greater daemon or other giant monster lord and a strong dude or wizard on a dragon or other giant mount, besides the difference between running away and banishment? Is there any?

A while back I wondered what the difference would be the difference between the Glottkin acting as a single entity and an Exalted Great Unclean One would be, and I googled the AoS warscrolls available from GW’s site. Ive never played the tabletop game, but it does seem to me lime the Glottkin are bigger and more killy. Maybe they’re an unusual example given just how big the Glottkin are.

What would be the difference between Egrimm Avalon Horstmann and a Lord of Change who knows the same spells?

Dr Christmas fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Jul 19, 2022

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I imagine Festus will probably bring a lot of support options around himself, a damaging mortis type effect or maybe have some summoning stuff too? He kinda gives off that vibe to me.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

Dr Christmas posted:

What would you say is the mechanical difference between a greater daemon or other giant monster lord and a strong dude or wizard on a dragon or other giant mount, besides the difference between running away and banishment? Is there any?

They did a pretty great job of pushing each greater daemon LL to the extremes of combat viability without actually breaking the system. Nobody is killier than Skarbrand, nobody is thiccer than Ku'gath, N'kari is fast as fucc boi and can step to Skarbrand, and double bird nuff said.

Lords do blend together a bit when you're smashing guys in their absolute best T5 monster mounts together but the daemons are wonderful.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Somewhat ironically, I was wondering just last night if Vilitch would get a Warshrine as a mount, and lo and behold, we are indeed getting Warshines. Was mainly wondering because I don't think he actually gets a mount option in his statblock, and getting stuck with an infantry sized foot lord (or even a monstrous infantry sized one) would be incredibly meh.

Note that this was in the context of still being disappointed we were getting Vilitch, because - even aside from any other reason - I'd really like to get a LL that actually gets a Chaos Dragon as a mount option already, because Chaos is the only faction with Dragons that doesn't have one as an option for any of their LLs. At least getting a Warshrine would be something.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Doomykins posted:

They did a pretty great job of pushing each greater daemon LL to the extremes of combat viability without actually breaking the system. Nobody is killier than Skarbrand, nobody is thiccer than Ku'gath, N'kari is fast as fucc boi and can step to Skarbrand, and double bird nuff said.

Lords do blend together a bit when you're smashing guys in their absolute best T5 monster mounts together but the daemons are wonderful.

Yeah the Greater Demons are the proper apex they should be.

Lord Koth posted:

Somewhat ironically, I was wondering just last night if Vilitch would get a Warshrine as a mount, and lo and behold, we are indeed getting Warshines. Was mainly wondering because I don't think he actually gets a mount option in his statblock, and getting stuck with an infantry sized foot lord (or even a monstrous infantry sized one) would be incredibly meh.

Note that this was in the context of still being disappointed we were getting Vilitch, because - even aside from any other reason - I'd really like to get a LL that actually gets a Chaos Dragon as a mount option already, because Chaos is the only faction with Dragons that doesn't have one as an option for any of their LLs. At least getting a Warshrine would be something.

Guessing you were hoping for van Horstmann.

TaintedBalance
Dec 21, 2006

hope, n: desire accompanied by expectation of or belief in fulfilment

Gonkish posted:

I want to see what/where those Fortresses are (maybe it's just faction capitals?). Azazel being able to permanently vassalize the Norscans by taking their poo poo is interesting. I'd imagine Archie gets a version of that but for Kholek, Sigvald, and the new four (dunno about Be'lakor, but it would be loving thematic to bitchslap Starscream into submission). Something like that. I could see his campaign revolve around collecting your genocidal pokemon and then murdering the world. That would be fun as hell.

The Dark Fortresses is for all of the Champions (it is under the Champions campaign mechanics, not Azazel's faction specifics) and for the Warriors of Chaos in general.

Article posted:

Finally, an Old World Update for the Warriors of Chaos will be free to all owners of the Chaos Warriors Race Pack—originally released alongside Total War: WARHAMMER in 2015. This update significantly overhauls how the race plays: gifting them with the brand-new gameplay mechanics available to the Champions of Chaos, above (Chaos Gifts, Dark Fortresses, Warbands, Path to Glory).

This is the WoC update.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

Yeah the Greater Demons are the proper apex they should be.

Guessing you were hoping for van Horstmann.

Yes. I contextually understand why they went with Vilitch - because the non-Slaanesh lords in the pack were the remaining lords out of the 8th edition book - but unlike the LL options for the other gods I'm fairly sure Egrimm is still the most wanted Tzeentch champion by a large margin. Like, there's no real breakout Nurgle lord so Festus is a whatever, and Valkia is obviously the most popular Khorne lord, but Tzeentch is a very different story.

Like, there's a reason van Horstmann actually got a Black Library novel long after the last time he got printed rules in a main army book.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I am sure we will get van Horstmann eventually.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Wow, I just read the Egrimm wiki page, and that's some powerful Mary Sue energy he's emanating. Did anything in his story happen that was not "all according to his plan"? That whole thing was super lame.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Torrannor posted:

Wow, I just read the Egrimm wiki page, and that's some powerful Mary Sue energy he's emanating. Did anything in his story happen that was not "all according to his plan"? That whole thing was super lame.

The whole "burned alive by the dragon half of the possessed dragon he thought he had control of, forced to sell his soul to Tzeentch and serve him eternally" part was not in his plan.

He didn't have too much of a plan in the first place, just the idea that he could use chaos poo poo to work his way up and take revenge on someone he hated. The dragon was supposed to be his exit strategy but failed miserably.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

All I know is that we're almost assuredly getting an Elspeth von Draken vs. Tamurkhan DLC at some point. Van Horstman seems like a given as well.

This whole DLC + WoC rework is just so loving cool. I really hope it's not a massive bugfest by the end of next month. I really want them to land this plane.

I'm also wondering what they're going to do when they eventually get around to updating Norsca now, too. Like I can see them expanding the roster (Fimir caster lords, please), but I mean campaign-wise. I feel like the tribute system could be expanded upon and Norsca could benefit from a lot of these god-aligned marauders. When that time comes, I hope they go nuts.

I have to give it to CA, they're going balls out with IE and the reworks/DLC. I'm very much on board, but cautious because of technical issues. Hopefully they're on top of that and understand that IE is essentially not a DLC but is, instead, the release of the REAL game. Don't gently caress it up, CA. Please.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Norsca's now the faction with the fewest lord options, having 2 Legendaries and only one generic lord type. Who else do we think could be added as an LL for them or even other generic lord options (like the aforementioned Fimir caster lords?)

Any big lore relevant Skinwolves?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Zore posted:

Norsca's now the faction with the fewest lord options, having 2 Legendaries and only one generic lord type. Who else do we think could be added as an LL for them or even other generic lord options (like the aforementioned Fimir caster lords?)

I've always wanted Skaeggi to be playable and it would be a different location to start the LL in. I'd love a Skinwolf LL because Skinwolves are one of my favorite units in the game.
edit: They're running out of space on the map for new lords though :v:

Gonkish posted:

Hopefully they're on top of that and understand that IE is essentially not a DLC but is, instead, the release of the REAL game. Don't gently caress it up, CA. Please.
Yeah I'm pretty down on things so I'm hoping CA couldnt roll out changes to RoC because they were all-hands-on-CoC because they knew they had work to do to get IE out and playable without it being a shitshow. I dont even have the game installed and I have a few friends who were waiting to buy game 3 until they had some news so I genuinely hope they nail it but I'm still not getting my hopes up.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Jul 19, 2022

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
It’s pretty hard to think of Chaos characters who aren’t so far into cuckoo bananaland that they’re still considered just Norse. Even among the ones they have, Wulfrik is cursed to never have a home, and while Throgg has his kingdom of beasts, he is generally not a fan of the human societies you’re still in charge of during the campaign.

I don’t think the Glottkin or any of the characters in their book have backstories involving slaughtering their own families or tribes at behest of the gods :shrug:

99pct of germs
Apr 13, 2013

so if when they add egrimm and tamurkhan, are they going to be warriors of chaos or their respective dameon faction?

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Dr Christmas posted:

It’s pretty hard to think of Chaos characters who aren’t so far into cuckoo bananaland that they’re still considered just Norse. Even among the ones they have, Wulfrik is cursed to never have a home, and while Throgg has his kingdom of beasts, he is generally not a fan of the human societies you’re still in charge of during the campaign.

I don’t think the Glottkin or any of the characters in their book have backstories involving slaughtering their own families or tribes at behest of the gods :shrug:

They added a fimir matriarch to the fantasy TTRPG game, so it's likely they'll be moving in that direction for a Norsca expansion.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Zore posted:

We recently got Mòna for the Fimir from the RPG.

Funny enough alongside the other guy we were talking about a bit van Horstmann.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Party at the Tower of Crack

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
hooray for farting giant however.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Dr Christmas posted:

Worth noting that both Wulfrik and Throgg were Warriors of Chaos characters in the old rules. IMO there isn't really anything that makes Wulfrik that much more "Norscan" than say Valkia or Sigvald, both of whom are also Norscan. Throgg always seemed weird, and I think is in need of being able to recruit more troll variants in campaign at the very least.

I never really understood why they didn't put Wulfrik over in Skeggi in Mortal/Immortal Empires, seems like a good fit for that being "the Wanderer". Make up a Fimir or a Skinwolf lord and put that in IMO. A human caster LL would be alright I think, especially if he/she has access to a lore Norsca doesn't normally have.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Turin is streaming IE multiplayer right now and doing a Q&A https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yg-Rbxwz9w4

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

99pct of germs posted:

so if when they add egrimm and tamurkhan, are they going to be warriors of chaos or their respective dameon faction?

Egrimm would be mortals but Tamurkhan is an interesting question. During the titular Throne of Tamurkhan campaign book hes a mortal who leads mortals, even if hes been mutated into a parasitic worm that can possess people. Right at the end though he ascended to Daemonhood and summoned a massive army of Nurgle Daemons to replace his mortal army.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
valnir the reaper could be a potential left-field norsca LL

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
There is a potential Kurgan lord from that was in the Tamurkhan campaign book as well called Sayl the Faithless

https://whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Sayl

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Remember late last week when Sotek was like "guys don't worry about monogods. do not worry about monogods." Welp, now we know why.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est
Horstmann vs Elspeth would also be a good match up, both powerful, dragon-riding mages that could compete for the same McGuffin

Grumio fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Jul 19, 2022