Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uniball
Oct 10, 2003

this is the orca from the above salt:

and the next day i got another orca in the exact same way:

these harebrained solo syndicate miners are super skittish, instant cloak/dock when a neut enters local. so i just idled a very neutral alt with no honk connections in local for a few days until they got tired of not mining and asked the alt to go blue. both times i ended up killing the orca with a blue bubble within 15 minutes of going “blue” lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

:allears:

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Hmm I guess I’ll download this and see if it’s playable on my phone. Need a new time waster

In as Frank_Frank. Ran through the tutorial. Set a bunch of skills to train and logged off. Just like old-Eve

Double edit: so where do I buy skill books? I have like, frigate defense and some other lame frigate skill and absolutely nothing else. Are AHACs still a thing? Maurauding in a vagabond was probably the most fun I ever had in Eve.

Triple edit: are implants still a thing? I would imagine I’m going to need some learning implants if I’m gonna get up to speed here. Also no learning skills now?

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Jul 20, 2022

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I can't wait to lose a dread in this game

lol as if I was gonna pay for a sub instead of gas gently caress

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013

Frank Frank posted:

Double edit: so where do I buy skill books? I have like, frigate defense and some other lame frigate skill and absolutely nothing else. Are AHACs still a thing? Maurauding in a vagabond was probably the most fun I ever had in Eve.

Triple edit: are implants still a thing? I would imagine I’m going to need some learning implants if I’m gonna get up to speed here. Also no learning skills now?

Skill books don't exist (except to give a few levels in certain skills as mission rewards), you just pay ISK through the skills screen for the first level of each skill.
Implants and learning skills don't exist, as well as many other things I'm told exist in EO (ammunition, scripts, highsec ganking, etc.)

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Is there a way to see a list of all available skills I can train? I remember some of what I want but not having any sort of skill tree and just having to search for everything really sucks.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Also are you sure there are no implants? I saw something that looked like implants in the store when I was looking at the omega subscription

uniball
Oct 10, 2003

there are SP/min chips but they are permanent for your char regardless of how many times you get podded.

and there’s a Switch button at the top of the skill UI that puts you in a more organized skill tree vs the stupid career path default mode

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

there are 3 monetization things for cognitive chips, each give +5 sp per minute but have increasing costs

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

uniball posted:

there are SP/min chips but they are permanent for your char regardless of how many times you get podded.

and there’s a Switch button at the top of the skill UI that puts you in a more organized skill tree vs the stupid career path default mode

Thanks and thanks

esto es malo posted:

there are 3 monetization things for cognitive chips, each give +5 sp per minute but have increasing costs

So wait does that mean you can wear all 3 for a total of +15 per minute or am I not understanding how this works?

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Frank Frank posted:

Thanks and thanks

So wait does that mean you can wear all 3 for a total of +15 per minute or am I not understanding how this works?

Yup, that’s how it works.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Kaysette posted:

Yup, that’s how it works.

Ok thanks for clarification. Applied to corp in-game and also through the tool. Set a bunch of low level garbage to train and going to bed.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

Frank Frank posted:

Thanks and thanks

yup, before t10 the game is gated by tech levels, so it can be a nice boost.

it was biggest when there was rushes to each new tech level, and theres ways to speed up sp gain for new players now that wasnt around at the start so theyre not super imperative, but the cheapest one is not bad isk wise on the market.

if you need isk just ask we can get you poo poo we're all space rich

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

FWIW destroyer training is kinda worthless outside of interdictors, but frigate skills are always useful, cruisers are kinda useful especiall at low tech levels, then its kind of your playstyle at higher tech levels if you do bs or bc

helperdog
Oct 10, 2021

DOG

esto es malo posted:

FWIW destroyer training is kinda worthless outside of interdictors, but frigate skills are always useful, cruisers are kinda useful especiall at low tech levels, then its kind of your playstyle at higher tech levels if you do bs or bc

Imagine not having a dessy main

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

a true question of the ages

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
I’m still slogging through training missions. I need to move to our space at some point. I don’t see jump clone options so I’m guessing I’m just going to have to fly there?

I don’t have much need for isk yet outside of skill books and the aforementioned chip booster thingies.

Edit: Welp, I managed to break the training missions somehow by spending skill points I had before I hit the tutorial to spend them. Now I'm stuck because it won't let me progress until I spend skill points to expedite a skill (which I have already spent). A+ job CCP.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Jul 20, 2022

helperdog
Oct 10, 2021

DOG

Frank Frank posted:

I’m still slogging through training missions. I need to move to our space at some point. I don’t see jump clone options so I’m guessing I’m just going to have to fly there?

I don’t have much need for isk yet outside of skill books and the aforementioned chip booster thingies.

Edit: Welp, I managed to break the training missions somehow by spending skill points I had before I hit the tutorial to spend them. Now I'm stuck because it won't let me progress until I spend skill points to expedite a skill (which I have already spent). A+ job CCP.

It's a good introduction to EE because you will never not deal with bugs

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Some quick questions:

1) Direct control over your ship seems to not be a thing, is that right? I can't poke the screen and tell the ship to "go here". Orbit distance doesn't seem to be a thing either. I can tell the ship to "orbit enemy <x>" but there's no range option. If that's the case it's going to make certain ganking styles difficult if not impossible.

2) Are shuttles immune to bubbles now? I think I heard that somewhere. Are there even shuttles? How should I get to our space?

3) If anyone wants to send me AUR/ISK for the skill booster thingies, my character name is Frank_Frank (someone took Frank Frank :smith:)

4) Did they monkey with ship names for some reason? Ex: Kestrel (T1 frigate) and Manticore (T2 stealth bomber) still exist and although the Condor still exists, the Crow does not?

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Jul 20, 2022

helperdog
Oct 10, 2021

DOG

Frank Frank posted:

Some quick questions:

1) Direct control over your ship seems to not be a thing, is that right? I can't poke the screen and tell the ship to "go here". Orbit distance doesn't seem to be a thing either. I can tell the ship to "orbit enemy <x>" but there's no range option. If that's the case it's going to make certain ganking styles difficult if not impossible.

2) Are shuttles immune to bubbles now? I think I heard that somewhere. Are there even shuttles? How should I get to our space?

3) If anyone wants to send me AUR/ISK for the skill booster thingies, my character name is Frank_Frank (someone took Frank Frank :smith:)

4) Did they monkey with ship names for some reason? Ex: Kestrel (T1 frigate) and Manticore (T2 stealth bomber) still exist and although the Condor still exists, the Crow does not?

1) you can double tap at the screen to fly a certain direction and if u hold down orbit on a ship u can pick the distance
2) only interceptors are bubble immune
3) ping slippy on discord for isk and ships
4) yeah the ships r very confusing if ur used to EO. Like everyone complains about the rifter and how it essentially doesn't exist

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Frank Frank posted:

I’m Now I'm stuck because it won't let me progress until I spend skill points to expedite a skill (which I have already spent). A+ job CCP.

Turn off skill training for however long it needs, you bank points (100k alpha unlimited omega). Then hit expedite when you turn it back on.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

H110Hawk posted:

Turn off skill training for however long it needs, you bank points (100k alpha unlimited omega). Then hit expedite when you turn it back on.

I actually fixed it by abandoning the tutorial mission which marked it as "complete" for some reason and just moved on vOv

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

Frank Frank posted:

theres jump clone skill but i dont know if you can set it without being there. in echoes Soza connected to mxys unlike in EO, so our pocket is like 2 jumps to s-u from soza and its pretty barren most of the time since we scared a ton of people away from syndicate

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

esto es malo posted:

theres jump clone skill but i dont know if you can set it without being there. in echoes Soza connected to mxys unlike in EO, so our pocket is like 2 jumps to s-u from soza and its pretty barren most of the time since we scared a ton of people away from syndicate

Can I still put a proto cloak on a ship and load it with stabs for travel fit or do I just roll the dice (or wait until I can fly an interceptor here shortly)?

Edit: Looks like at tech level V I can buy a buzzard Heron Covert Ops (seriously, what's with these dumb renames?) and use that to jet over. Seems like a plan. I'll just fart around highsec for another day or so until I hit V and then head over.

Follow-up question - Back in old-eve (if I remember right), you had to buy a special type of cloaking device for CovOps ships. Is that still the case or can I slap any cloak on it?

Double Edit: NM, I found them. God the market search function is broken as hell.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Jul 20, 2022

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013

Frank Frank posted:

Can I still put a proto cloak on a ship and load it with stabs for travel fit or do I just roll the dice (or wait until I can fly an interceptor here shortly)?

Edit: Looks like at tech level V I can buy a buzzard Heron Covert Ops (seriously, what's with these dumb renames?) and use that to jet over. Seems like a plan. I'll just fart around highsec for another day or so until I hit V and then head over.

Follow-up question - Back in old-eve (if I remember right), you had to buy a special type of cloaking device for CovOps ships. Is that still the case or can I slap any cloak on it?
Autopilot travel is (practically) impervious in lowsec for most ships. For nullsec it depends on the area; you may get hit by bubble camps, but for relatively cheap ships people often roll the dice yes. Once at tech level 8 you can travel offline in an interceptor and be fully safe.

Yes, there's a separate cloak for covops.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Redmark posted:

Autopilot travel is (practically) impervious in lowsec for most ships. For nullsec it depends on the area; you may get hit by bubble camps, but for relatively cheap ships people often roll the dice yes. Once at tech level 8 you can travel offline in an interceptor and be fully safe.

Yes, there's a separate cloak for covops.

Eh, I'll just jump in a kestrel and autopilot and see what happens

Edit: died and podded lol
Round 2 I’m going to go the long way to stay in lowsec for as long as possible.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Jul 20, 2022

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?

Redmark posted:

Autopilot travel is (practically) impervious in lowsec for most ships.

Just don't end your auto-pilot route on a lowsec gate, if someone is extremely on-the-ball they can catch you as you land from the logout warp.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
I have a jump clone in S-U now so I should be good for a while

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

Also autopilot offline stops working sometimes lol maybe someone can post the correct way to do it I can't remember I just leave it logged in

esto es malo fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Jul 21, 2022

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?

esto es malo posted:

Also autopilot offline stops working sometimes lol maybe someone can lost the correct way to do it I can't remember I just leave it logged in

I just wait until I'm in warp then hit the home button to leave the game, hasn't failed me yet.

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel
This was a minor incident relative to all the other exploits of the thread. But during a gatecamp of some douchebags, a sniping tornado was talking mad poo poo in local. Called my stabber out as a target in local, warped in and attacked me. I hit my shield booster at exactly the right time and then jumped out. Had I not trained cruiser defense I would absolutely have died.

I escaped with 14% struct, he lost his 300m tornado: :toot:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lol

helperdog
Oct 10, 2021

DOG

Sardonik posted:

This was a minor incident relative to all the other exploits of the thread. But during a gatecamp of some douchebags, a sniping tornado was talking mad poo poo in local. Called my stabber out as a target in local, warped in and attacked me. I hit my shield booster at exactly the right time and then jumped out. Had I not trained cruiser defense I would absolutely have died.

Cows are actually very dangerous

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Sardonik posted:

Screenshots like this make me ponder expert cruiser defense 4 and 5.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Is there any way to set your default orbit distance? It’s annoying as hell to have to reset it after every kill when my ship decides for whatever reason that 5km is a really good orbit distance for a medium missile boat.

Also, do drones auto-recall on warp? Poking that tiny-rear end button is very difficult when half the time it brings up the drone itself rather than drone commands.

Tech V and counting. Finishing up the advanced tutorial slog for the free SP and then moving to S-U permanently.

Edit: Also, I absolutely love how cheap rigs are in Echoes.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Jul 21, 2022

helperdog
Oct 10, 2021

DOG

Frank Frank posted:

Is there any way to set your default orbit distance? It’s annoying as hell to have to reset it after every kill when my ship decides for whatever reason that 5km is a really good orbit distance for a medium missile boat.

Also, do drones auto-recall on warp? Poking that tiny-rear end button is very difficult when half the time it brings up the drone itself rather than drone commands.

Tech V and counting. Finishing up the advanced tutorial slog for the free SP and then moving to S-U permanently.

Edit: Also, I absolutely love how cheap rigs are in Echoes.

Yes u click on ur character when it's in space and u can set both default orbit and default approach

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

helperdog posted:

Yes u click on ur character when it's in space and u can set both default orbit and default approach

Glorious, thank you

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
And yes drones magically appear in your drone bay when you warp, no waiting required it's amazing. Also drone kiting is a great way to earn isk and it used to be a great way to make people VERY mad.

Space Karen
Apr 29, 2021

Digital Prophet posted:

Elroy once told me one of my ideas for honklights wasn't funny enough get ready for a 10 page FB expose

Please do this, I need more honklights in my life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Are ships destroyed in faction warfare lost or is it “virtual wargaming”.